Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,748 members, 7,969,194 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 10:04 PM

What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? (6569 Views)

APC Exposes Gej's Mission In Lagos To Help PDP Rig The Elections / Aljazeera Called Our President Badluck Jonathan / Nigerian Appointed Force Commander For Un Mission In South Sudan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by 9ijaMan: 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

This rumor of his sack has been around since Tuesday but I seriously doubt the connection . . . the president is not that daft . . . I refuse to believe that.

Do not believe anything from the government until they come out to deny it. I also suspect it was Mike who made the call through to Okah. However, he would not have made such a call without the consent of his masters.

Igwe.:

From phone call to text message, which do we believe in?
before October 1, Henry's house was ransacked though no arrest due to wanting of an evidence and this also showed that Henry was already in soup prior to the incidence.

Another confusing issue is, how did aljazeera get the footage of the militant without alerting our security personnel for an immediate action.
Maybe aljazeera as a T.V station promotes anarchy and terrorism undecided

There is no contradiction in his statements. He said he received a phone call and also has a text message from the same official to backup his claim.
It's not Al-Jazeera's duty to inform government about MEND. I thought your GEJ says MEND is not a terrorist group. So why should Al-Jazeera alert your security outfit about a group your president has absolved from terrorism?
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2010
Igwe.:

From phone call to text message, which do we believe in?
before October 1, Henry's house was ransacked though no arrest due to wanting of an evidence and this also showed that Henry was already in soup prior to the incidence.

Another confusing issue is, how did aljazeera get the footage of the militant without alerting our security personnel for an immediate action.
Maybe aljazeera as a T.V station promotes anarchy and terrorism undecided

Learn to read . . . it will save your life. Also, google to find out more about Aljazeera
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by netotse(m): 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

This rumor of his sack has been around since Tuesday but I seriously doubt the connection . . . the president is not that daft . . . I refuse to believe that.

as per ogiadomhe, putting two and two together makes it plausible o, maybe he though he was 'getting the presidents back'.

i dont know if GEJ himself would stoop low enough to do/authorize such, but it could be a case of 'murder in the cathedral' (i learnt that much from 24 grin)
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by 9ijaMan: 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2010
netotse:

as per ogiadomhe, putting two and two together makes it plausible o, maybe he though he was 'getting the presidents back'.

i dont know if GEJ himself would stoop low enough to do/authorize such, but it could be a case of 'murder in the cathedral' (i learnt that much from 24 grin)

Considering GEJ & his bunch of clowns desperation so far in this debacle, I will not put anything past them. Time will tell.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Igwe9(m): 5:17pm On Oct 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Learn to read . . . it will save your life. Also, google to find out more about Aljazeera
read what? the crappy posts you put on here, Why not do the google yourself? grin

9ijaMan:

Do not believe anything from the government until they come out to deny it. I also suspect it was Mike who made the call through to Okah. However, he would not have made such a call without the consent of his masters.

Busted!! we now know the brain behind the whole rumors.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

dude no matter how low you set the line, gej will find a way to sink below it

i guess its what happens when its all about luck and nothing about ability

this is referenced in the 7 habits of highly effective people's first chapter

you can get to the top by crook and ogboju, but once you haven't garnered the requisite skills required,  you will flounder at the first challenge

thats whats happening. we have been spammed with stories about the super president, but he has failed his first challenge
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2010
Igwe.:

read what? the crappy posts you put on here, Why not do the google yourself? grin

Busted!! we now know the brain behind the whole rumors.

Not my posts . . . Open your eyes and read the articles because over and over, you have shown you do not do that at all. By the way, If I Google your "Igwe is a slave" I am bound to find something, that does not mean it is legit or from an authentic source though. If you want to learn of Aljazeera, rather than googling for other people's opinions, all you really have to do is Watch Aljazeera yourself so you get a better idea of
a) What Aljazeera is

b) What it broadcasts and about this particular interview in question
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by TewMuch: 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2010
Timeline of the series of unfortunate events:

- September 30th, 2010- Okah's home is raided by SA security Agents

- October 1, 2010- Bomb Blast Rocks Nation's Capital
-
October 2, 2010- Okah arrested and released

-October 3, 2010, Okah rearrested, detained and denied bail to be back in court October 14th

- October 4th- Dokpesi is arrested

- October 5th- Dokpesi released
EXCLUSIVE: Okah calls NEXT

>

By Ayo Okulaja and Cheta Nwanze

When asked how it is possible for him to make phone calls from jail, he replied: "this is a civilised country. I can make calls anytime I want and to.
NEXT asked if his phones were not seized by the South African authorities, and he responded that "I have saved the message on another phone. Shortly after I got the text message, Dopkesi (IBB's campaign manager) was arrested. I will not release the message now because if I do, the next thing they will say is that someone/IBB has paid him to do this. As they continue to sour my name the more, I will release the message."
This interview was done by an amateur. Fine, he may be able to call from a pay phone in prison but he will never take into prison a cell phone. That is a lie. All personal belongings are seized. That being said he said he received a text message that dokpesi was arrested? He was already in jail, how did he receive this text message. IBB needs to stop all this nonsense and do their research well before insulting us more and more. Except he has a contraband cell phone, this thing is all lies. The calls should be traced to figure out who made this prank or fake call. nonsense

EXCLUSIVE: Okah calls NEXT
He did however say he saved a text message from the official. He read the purported text message out: "Please reach-out to MEND and ask them to re-tract the statement and the government will blame the Northern elements."

I will not release the message now because if I do, the next thing they will say is that someone/IBB has paid him to do this. As they continue to sour my name the more, I will release the message."

When asked if he had a hand in the bombings in Abuja, he replied in the negative.

He read the text message out in prison. What a joke, this is ridiculous and i feel insulted. We are waiting for him to release the message, the sender and everything he knows. He is going down, he just wants to take people with him. This can be anybody that set this up. A man that has nothing to lose will spill everything he knows if what he is saying is the truth. He is in SA, what is he waiting for? ANd all this back and forth he is doing, he is building more charges  for himself and is being ill advised by his lawyer and friends that will send him to an early grave.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by porka: 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2010
A terrorist suspect has a right to call any media house anytime he wants? The US, the UK, Canada, France, Netherlands, Australia, Finland, Sweden etc need to domesticate such laws.

It'll be interesting watching Farouk on CNN or hearing him on BBC or VOA  talking about frame-up. Common! Dailytrust also reported that Yaradua was going to resume at a particular date.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2010
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2010/06/201064182049228431.html

Nigeria lead poisoning kills scores
Up to 100 children among dead due to illegal mining in country's north, official says.

[size=18pt]Last Modified: 04 Jun 2010 19:49[/size]

Jonathan, the president, recently inaugurated a mineral processing plant in Zamfara state [AFP]

At least 163 people have died in northern Nigeria in recent weeks as a result of lead poisoning from illegal gold mining in several remote villages.

Henry Akpan, the Nigerian health ministry's chief epidemiologist, said on Friday that 111 children were among those killed in Zamfara state, many of them under the age of five.

The poisonings began when villagers started digging illegally for gold and transporting crushed rock home from the mines.

The soil containing lead deposits was haphazardly disposed of leading to instances of children playing with it.

"We discovered unusual cases of abdominal pains with vomiting, nausea and some having convulsions," Akpan told the Reuters news agency.

He said health officials had also found children playing in water close to the mining sites when they visited.

"These people were around the area where they were digging for gold. The fatality rate is 46 per cent."

Containing the 'epidemic'

Nigerian authorities have asked for assistance from various international health agencies, including the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to help contain the outbreak of lead poisoning.

Akpan said the number of cases has fallen since April after local authorities halted illegal mining and began evacuating residents.

"We are doing a lot to contain the epidemic," he said.

"We have been able to get on top of this. The number of reported illnesses have fallen. We are winning."

The impoverished state of Zamfara is rich in minerals including gold, copper, iron ore and manganese.

Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria's president, recently inaugurated a mineral processing plant in the state, which is seeking to attract investment.

those aljazeera fkers really have it in for nigeria and gej angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 08, 2010
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by PastorOla1: 8:38pm On Oct 08, 2010
To kill, to destroy and to steal!!!!!!!
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by bisiaet: 11:16pm On Oct 08, 2010
Has Aljazeeral ever has good mission? They are the TV station in the world who always get video tape of the f u c k i n g faceless Bin Laden a coward commader who hide in craves and holes and call himself a fighter. So it is obvious Aljazeeera or whatever are only happy and have news whenever terrorist want to strike or blood want to flow Aljazeera is the best station so they fuckingly has no mission than bad one.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by okeyxyz(m): 12:53am On Oct 09, 2010
How is Aljazeera different from every other news agency world over?

wat makes them less credible than CNN, BBC, FRANCE-24, NTA, etc?

Or r u just hating because they r arabian\middle-eastern?

judge dem simply by their "fruits": wat & wat have they reported r false?

judge by evidence & proof, not blind sentiments (in d name of patriotism).
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by akwaowoudo(m): 5:52am On Oct 09, 2010
To make a divide and to destroy.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by mohid(m): 9:26am On Oct 09, 2010
they are plain bias and even though the western media giants potray us as a "good for nothing" country.Al Jazeera makes it look like the christians in the south are the problem.explain
1.Why did they consistently report the two occassions where fulani herdsmen attacked and killed innocent women and children in their sleep in Jos North as religious clashes even when other foreign media stations had access to details and reported them as the massacres they were.
2.Why they reported that the late president had breakfast with his cousin and even asked about the welfare of his family and friends only for him to die a few weeks later and we eventually found out he had not spoken in months.
3.Why they never report Israel's side on the conflict in Gaza?
4.Why they never mention the massacre in Sudan where the mostly islamic north has been killing the mostly christian south for years?
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Mariory(m): 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2010
okeyxyz:

How is Aljazeera different from every other news agency world over?

wat makes them less credible than CNN, BBC, FRANCE-24, NTA, etc?

The real question is what makes them MORE credible? NTA is cack. BBC is more often than not leftist. I do not watch CNN or FRANCE-24. However, the way some people have spoken in this thread, you would think Aljazeera are from the moon. Anyone who thinks a news station (Aljazeera) that gets about 60% of it's funding from a private source (Emir of Qatar) is unbiased or is publishing strictly genunie news is quite frankly clueless.

And yes NTA as far as news goes is shite.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 09, 2010
ITS CALLED TECHNOLOGY AN ASPIRING TO BE THE BEST. NOT LIKE A CERTAIN COUNTRY THAT GIVES PUBLIC HOLIDAYS LEFT RIGHT AND CENTER.
EG: PUBLIC HOLIDAY IN JOS YESTERDAY COS GOODLUCK IS COMING TO TOWN.
PUBLIC HOLIDAY ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY WHEN SALLAH IS SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.
GIVING A PUBLIC HOLIDAY FOR A GOAT, CAT OR DOG THAT WAS RUN OVER BY A CAR.

PLS GROW UP.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2010
TewMuch are you saying no one has ever smuggled a phone into a jail cell.

Besides he's in a South African jail and not some maximum security prison in America.

He will also have visits, have you thought about the fact that he might have recieved the message from his people who visited him while he's in Jail?

Most of you want Aljazeera to only report the good side of Nigeria. Well sadly, when last did any good news come out of Nigeria?
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by frankkie: 12:29am On Oct 10, 2010
Of course Aljazeera have their own agenda! For example, in that Okah Interview, what better place to fan the embers of hate by insinuating that the President wanted him to blame the 'North' for the bombings?

I am surprised that Nigerians have not realised that Mr. Okah is a big part of the Independence Day Bomb Blast puzzle.

The issues seem very clear to me. The chain of events immediately after the blast indicate a high level conspiracy on the part of a group of people to destabilise the President by any means necessary.

First, why would a Government aide call Okah in South Africa and not any of the other MEND leaders in Nigeria to retract their statement? Afterall Okah denies any involvement in the blast.

Why did Okah grant the interview to Aljazeera except he was being paid to whip up Anti-Jonathan sentiments in the North? Why did the 'Northern elders' pretend to capitalise on that to ask for the President's resignation? Why have some of these people now gone to court to compel the National Assembly to commence impeachment proceedings against the President?

You can see that Okah and his paymasters are just acting out a script. Nigerians should not be fooled. We all know that under all the past presidents in Nigeria no one has ever been asked to resign over such a tragic incident. Recall Boko Haram, Jos killings etc.

I wonder if Henry Okah would be ready to take a lie detector test? He can then tell us who actually carried out the blast!
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by 9ijaMan: 10:15am On Oct 10, 2010
frankkie:

Of course Aljazeera have their own agenda! For example, in that Okah Interview, what better place to fan the embers of hate by insinuating that the President wanted him to blame the 'North' for the bombings?

I am surprised that Nigerians have not realised that Mr. Okah is a big part of the Independence Day Bomb Blast puzzle.

What are your proves for the assertions you made above?

frankkie:

Why did Okah grant the interview to Aljazeera except he was being paid to whip up Anti-Jonathan sentiments in the North? Why did the 'Northern elders' pretend to capitalise on that to ask for the President's resignation? Why have some of these people now gone to court to compel the National Assembly to commence impeachment proceedings against the President?

You can see that Okah and his paymasters are just acting out a script. Nigerians should not be fooled. We all know that under all the past presidents in Nigeria no one has ever been asked to resign over such a tragic incident. Recall Boko Haram, Jos killings etc.

I wonder if Henry Okah would be ready to take a lie detector test? He can then tell us who actually carried out the blast!

You've jumped to several conclusions here based on your own sentiments. Put forward a logical argument and stop running round circles. Most of the questions you asked should be answered by your government.

Nigerians are surely not fooled, hence the reason for asking questions about the numerous government gaffes.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by truly: 10:17am On Oct 10, 2010
frankkie:

The issues seem very clear to me. The chain of events immediately after the blast indicate a high level conspiracy on the part of a group of people to destabilise the President by any means necessary.

First, why would a Government aide call Okah in South Africa and not any of the other MEND leaders in Nigeria to retract their statement? Afterall Okah denies any involvement in the blast.

What conspiracy
FRIDAY MORNING - MEND sent emails to warn of impending attacks
FRIDAY MORNING - Bombs went off
SATURDAY EVENING - President says MEND was just used as a straw and that MEND is not a terrorist organisation
SATURDAY NIGHT - MEND claims responsibility for bombing and apologises for deaths
MONDAY  MORNING - Dokpesi arrested
MONDAY MORNING - Okah charged to court
MONDAY EVENING - NTA airs text messages linking Dokpesi to bombing. Most people agree those text messages are fake

From the above, who started this conspiracy or who politicised the issue

Politicians always ask their opponents to resign all the time

AC to Obj on Oyo crisis
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2006121212143346

Ac to Yaradua on Ekiti rerun crisis
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20090430627881
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by truly: 10:29am On Oct 10, 2010
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by manosteel(m): 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2010
I live in the Midle East, with no apology, i must say that Adjazeera is a terrorist network, a mouth piece of Hamas, Taliban, Osama Bin-ladin etc. Many has been radicalized by what they put on air. There are many positive things happening in Nigeria but Adjazeera has never for ones presented any of these or portrayed Nigeria positively on air. All they show about Nigeria are Poverty, Killing, Communal and religious crisis, corruption, fraudstars, political instability etc. We are not completely as bad as they are portraying us. Think of  it, the Abuja bomb exploded right infront of Aljazeera camera, was it a coincidence? I stand to be corrected.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by 9ijaMan: 9:17pm On Oct 10, 2010
manosteel:

I live in the Midle East, with no apology, i must say that Adjazeera is a terrorist network, a mouth piece of Hamas, Taliban, Osama Bin-ladin etc. Many has been radicalized by what they put on air. There are many positive things happening in Nigeria but Adjazeera has never for ones presented any of these or portrayed Nigeria positively on air. All they show about Nigeria are Poverty, Killing, Communal and religious crisis, corruption, fraudstars, political instability etc. We are not completely as bad as they are portraying us. Think of  it, the Abuja bomb exploded right infront of Aljazeera camera, was it a coincidence? I stand to be corrected.

I strongly doubt you live in the Mid-East. Firstly, you cannot even spell correctly the most popular news channel in Mid-East. The fact that you hide behind a PC to spew false accusations does not mean you won't be caught. Abegi, ! Please count all the good things happening in 9ja make we hear.

I guess an excellent example will be Dame Patience's (GEJ's wife) kind gesture of distributing 2 million bags of rice to Nigerian refugees in Abuja! Other good examples will include GEJ's consistent sermons on FB, court jailing someone who's stole billions of Naira for only six months, and the convict is now feigning illness to avoid going to jail. The list is endless.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Luqhas(m): 10:05pm On Oct 10, 2010
God will change the condition of people until they change their way of life. If aljazeera tell them the truth that is crystal clear even they themselve bear witness to it, but the fact that it comes from a source like aljazeera they will always reject it. Verily those who disbelieve it is the same to them whether they are showed the truth or not ,they will not believeg
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by Luqhas(m): 10:06pm On Oct 10, 2010
God will change the condition of people until they change their way of life. If aljazeera tell them the truth that is crystal clear even they themselve bear witness to it, but the fact that it comes from a source like aljazeera they will always reject it. Verily those who disbelieve it is the same to them whether they are showed the truth or not ,they will not believeg
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by elshamy: 10:48pm On Oct 10, 2010
Hi,

After following this topic for some time i would have to say: God save naija from such people too lame to give a judgment on Al Jazeera

I myself am a reporter for the network from Nigeria, though i am yet to start producing reports. please allow me to address some points:

- It's not in Al Jazeera's interest to air fake news or give false accounts of what really happens in the country.
- If it happens that Al Jazeera is working harder here more than other foreign media houses, then they should be asked for that; not us.
- Al Jazeera is a leading network in the middle east and almost the whole world, and I believe Nigeria wasn't given enough attention from other channels which gave us the chance to tell a lot of things.

this are just some points i wanted to share and i would be more than pleased to answer your comments and opinions about the matter.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by lafile(m): 12:47pm On Oct 11, 2010
As a rule, there is NO unbiased news report or news station. Not CNN, not BBC, Sky, Euronews, AlJazeera or Fox. No one is unbiased. Everyone has a certain view of the world and that view taints their reporting. And yes, they all have an agenda. Compare the reporting of Obama's campaign by CNN with that of Fox. Compare Aljazeera's reporting of the Middle East crises with that of CNN. Read a report in the New York Times and compare with the wall Street Journal. Same story, different analysis. It might be subtle, it might be overt but its all ideological propaganda.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by manosteel(m): 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2010
@9nijaman, thanks for your comment. Perhaps you are seeing the words for the first time, Mid-east simply means Midle east or east central,  which includes all the gulf countries, just as we have far east countries and near east countries. Kindly consult your english dictionary and your Atlas map. If you really understood my post, you will realize that i acknowledged the fact that we have our problems but not completely as bad as we are being portrayed. I quite i agree with elshami. Aljazeera is based in Qatar and being funded by Qatar goverment. You will never hear any negative report about Qatar. Does it mean that the country has a 100% crime free society?
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by superboi(m): 7:38pm On Oct 11, 2010
9ijaman manosteel is probably using a non english keyboard so his spelling are a little showdy.
elshamy if you read my earlier post way back in the begining of this tread you we relise that most of us are not saying that al jazeera broadcast the truth but they are very selective in telling the truth to favour their own agenda which is to paint western society and culture in "evil light". that why in any country that is divided like nigeria al jjazeera would most probably favour the muslims in their reporting that the christain south, if you are a reporter which i belive you are go and do a research on the jos crisis and check out how al jazeera reported it and come back and tell how fair their reporting was in comparison to CNN reporting on the same issues.
Re: What Is Aljazeera's Mission In Nigeria? by phreakabit(m): 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2010
I wouldn't waste my time posting anything in-depth on this issue. From all i have read on various write ups,colums,Articles and all

[size=18pt]Aljazeera = RadicalIslamic Fundamentalist group [/size] and i think they might be trying to cause divide amongst us (As if we arent divided already) by playing the religious card. Just my Opinion though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Ex-bank Chiefs Will Be Jailed – Sanusi / Osun To Pay N10,000 Monthly To Elderly People / Watch & Download Video Abubakar Shekau, Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.