Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,301 members, 7,887,891 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:56 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (436864 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Valwezzy: 2:00am On Oct 24, 2019
PattyMike:

What did it say when you submitted

That the audio format i tried submitting maybe among those that they don't accept.
They accept - Mp3, wmv, mp4, 3gp etc.

Yet, I tried submitting mp3 file but to no avail.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 3:11am On Oct 24, 2019
PattyMike:

Ehn en see am, 5 and 4s. I avoid All those 12mins and above call like ebola. I do nothing higher than 3min and if it's e.g Funding Circle UK I don runleave am straight. I don't like what I hate.

grin grin
Honestly that's how I was when I first started, (3+ weeks ago) but I quickly realized its a waste of time working on those 3,4 mins calls, 15 mins and above is where it's at, plus it's actually easier to get marked down with shorter calls lol. Besides Bleep calls get rated faster than most.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nirco(m): 5:14am On Oct 24, 2019
Fuckgratulations:
Pls can two transcribers share one paypal account?
Yes, you can link as many as 5 emails to one PayPal account.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by spactacus(m): 6:21am On Oct 24, 2019
PattyMike:
My major problem after I stopped mislabeling is how to use commas and full stops. E come be like say I no go school at all.
lol , now I know you just frustrated with 111111, lol it happens, na so everybody start, I wan reply yesterday, but was thinking it not worth it , if I had , would have probably rant sef.cos make I no lie, that ur joke dey expensive, some people dey here wey no get any other means to survive , some are even planning to stop working and go full time on QA , just reason say , anybody fit google search and see ur comment, what if they stop Nigerians from working , u know how many people ur comment will affect,just chill if u get better way,create thread put the link here , we go test run am,QA na for beginner ,u can hardly see platform wey go allow you redo ,they no get time for our little mistakes, me sef never reach two weeks,my 1111 report no even pass two days ,open two tabs ,faq and sample script,with time everything go gel ,what i will advise you to do now is remove that credit card comment,drop apology word ,then we move on ,we gather dey ,if u dey work on a call and u need clarification ,drop am here , the thing is we too dey rush to make money ,we suppose learn first,i use two days read faq,sample scrips and one english text book on punctuation and gramma,i hate 1111 grin one love bro,we die here cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by spactacus(m): 6:26am On Oct 24, 2019
And one thing i noticed about QA is that, na small calls dey get low ratings ,maybe no get time to dey review long calls , just make ur the company name is well label and cap ur first later ,put comma after name and cap first later , use the phone format ,u will hardly get below 3

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by notimeisnotime(m): 7:43am On Oct 24, 2019
PattyMike:
To anyone thinking of doing this here are things you need to know from an unbiased View based on what I've observed for a week old Newbie like myself.
1. There are other Transcription websites that pay higher than QA, make Google your best friend.
2. QA guidelines is rigid for example even if you spelling, sentence structure and Grammer was perfect is you mistakenly mislabel Rep for speaker or vice versa that is automatic 1/5 meaning zero payment if u like spend 15 hours on it.
B)if you put full stop or comma wrongly that's a minus mark.
C)Always capitalize first letter of names or company name e.g Lion Finance not lion finance, CLH Group not clh group not CLH group.
3. Don't assume a 3 minutes call means you will finish under that 3 mins it's impossible because you will have to proof read and re listen again to make corrections.
4. If you can't hear well or you don't like then use release call and pick another.
5. Honestly the pay is not worth the stress believe me it is not as easy as those on hear make it seem like. When I started I will transcribe on a 3 mins call I will start at 12:45 am before I look time it's already 2:30 am because you have to make it perfect by cross checking or else you will score 2/5.
6. There are other ways to make money online not just transcribing. U can get paid to survey a website, I did it for $5 per survey, you can proof read, Copy write, you can ghost write, you can even teach English online but you need a computer, Skype account and fast internet (make the video call no go dey hang) that teaching English is for native English speakers you register on the website and when you're hired. The website is like a school and you will be given a syllabus to teach them with, you can earn an average of $1,150 depending on the hours you work. I am currently on a project as a copy writer , they hired me via freelancer.com , if you can speak another language besides English it's even more fantastic.
7. The Pay is not just worth it when you include costs (data, light or like me fuel cus light no reliable for my area.) I buy data like who wan die and spent at least 8-10 hours daily , what is 10 hours I no even add the midnight sub wey I dey use do am again till five. I got a lot of 1 and 2s sometimes I would edit calls for 4-5 hours and score 3 and less but it was all learning process and I was able to later score 4 and 3s , I have not scored a 5 yet. All I was able to make in my first week was $9.77 which is about 3,000, if I commot sub money and fuel my brother I still run loss.
8. You can do it but let it not be your primary source of living until at least you are scoring 4s and 5s shere shere.
9. Try TranscribeMe but the exam is difficult but I aced the objective and recording 1, now e remain two and three.
10. Transcribeme will pay you according to your proffessional level meaning you start as a beginner and can earn a maximum that maximum of $1,200-$1,300. The next level will earn I think $1,900 and the final level earns as high as $3,400, You must write and pass exams to move to the next level cus that is the only way to get a promotion.
11. To transcribe you must understand accents , if you cannot and want to quickly remedy this then go and buy american season films lots of them and binge watch it, try to hear what they see and how they pronounce it don't read the subtitle olodo. Watch American or british talk shows listen and try to decipher what they say, try to talk like them every once in a while, it's not difficult or special it's just practice. Transcribeme is good for me cus they will only give me work in American accent cus that's what I choose..

I might be missing more but anyone with suggestions can add or criticize constructively.

Lastly almost forgot , you can install grammarly it will assist in pointing out those minor errors you might overlook.
bros I just like this thing you write.... This is what they call real talk!! I'm interested in this business o but how I go take start.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by wakes: 8:21am On Oct 24, 2019
bookmarked
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 8:29am On Oct 24, 2019
spactacus:
lol , now I know you just frustrated with 111111, lol it happens, na so everybody start, I wan reply yesterday, but was thinking it not worth it , if I had , would have probably rant sef.cos make I no lie, that ur joke dey expensive, some people dey here wey no get any other means to survive , some are even planning to stop working and go full time on QA , just reason say , anybody fit google search and see ur comment, what if they stop Nigerians from working , u know how many people ur comment will affect,just chill if u get better way,create thread put the link here , we go test run am,QA na for beginner ,u can hardly see platform wey go allow you redo ,they no get time for our little mistakes, me sef never reach two weeks,my 1111 report no even pass two days ,open two tabs ,faq and sample script,with time everything go gel ,what i will advise you to do now is remove that credit card comment,drop apology word ,then we move on ,we gather dey ,if u dey work on a call and u need clarification ,drop am here , the thing is we too dey rush to make money ,we suppose learn first,i use two days read faq,sample scrips and one english text book on punctuation and gramma,i hate 1111 grin one love bro,we die here cheesy
Sorry o good morning apologize to who? You or QA, Nigerians and overusing power. Anybody who sees it should see it. And funny enough the 1111 no be wetin frustrate me nah as I no see the money ontime, the 1111 just dey push me to do better and at least I don improve now from 111 to 3s and sometimes 4. Nah constant 5 remain and yes you are actually right QA is quite easy for beginners and helps in pointing out your error. TranscribeMe doesn't do that at all, if you want to remove the [/] side I can do that cus it would be the reasonable thing to do but if you're waiting for apology just gbe eni wa (bring mat come) cus u will sleep there. One love.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 8:32am On Oct 24, 2019
And the text book on punctuation and sentence structure is a very good suggestion.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 8:58am On Oct 24, 2019
thorrvik55:

generationz follow wot dis guy said. If u still can't ascertain if it's rep to rep then u release.

Transcribing rep to rep is one of the worst tins that can happen to u at QA.

SpongeBobSP

Thanks guys. The Das call was a good call. I got a 5.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:28am On Oct 24, 2019
generationz:

SpongeBobSP

DAS is always good.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SpongeBobSP: 9:38am On Oct 24, 2019
generationz:

SpongeBobSP

BooM! cool
Nice one.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:10am On Oct 24, 2019
SpongeBobSP:

BooM! cool
Nice one.
She has conquered one more fear. cheesy
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 10:14am On Oct 24, 2019
Nirco:
Sorry, QA pays peanuts yet you're wailing that you've not received your own share of the peanuts.
grin

grin grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 10:15am On Oct 24, 2019
thorrvik55:

Na people like u no allow this country move forward..

Nigeria is seen as the headquarters of scammers because of ppl like u.

So if i see someone dying I should turn a blind eye because we are not related??

No need for plenty back and forth, this is my last post on this matter.

If indeed u were just ranting then ok, but if u have written down ppl's details somewhere with the aim of selling or u are planning to, I'll advice u desist from it because that's not the way forward.. Shikina

That guy needs to be reported.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:21am On Oct 24, 2019
generationz:

That guy needs to be reported.
Do you have the owner of QA direct number cus I can help u find it. chief reporter
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:27am On Oct 24, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 10:30am On Oct 24, 2019
PattyMike:

Do you have the owner of QA direct number cus I can help u find it. chief reporter

Try me. I am not samsard you have been insulting since morning. If you are sure of your VPN just try me.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:31am On Oct 24, 2019
generationz:

Try me. I am not samsard you have been insulting since morning. If you are sure of your VPN just try me.

[...]
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 10:32am On Oct 24, 2019
samsard:
She has conquered one more fear. cheesy
True.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:33am On Oct 24, 2019
undecided
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:35am On Oct 24, 2019
No wahala for the sake of my mama and my lil daughter let me retract my statement.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:35am On Oct 24, 2019
I no even know say nah woman
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 10:38am On Oct 24, 2019
PattyMike:
No wahala for the sake of mama and my lil daughter let me retract my statement.

grin grin for your own good and those you love never you try that nonsense again.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:40am On Oct 24, 2019
generationz:

grin grin for your own good and those you love never you try that nonsense again.

Thank you , Your Excellency ma. [postrate]
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 10:41am On Oct 24, 2019
PattyMike:

Thank you , Your Excellency ma. [postrate]
That's better. Now be a good boy and stop bragging and harassing people here. Make your money and live in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biggieboy: 10:48am On Oct 24, 2019
Only u said QA pay peanut and TranscribeMe pays better but u are still killing urself untop QA, one 1 rating after the other.
U can earn $1200 on Transcribeme but u spent the whole of last week stacking up 1 ratings on QA when u know their pay is peanut.

@PattyMike I'm surprised no one has told u that u are very stupid, dats why u have no qualms showcasing ur stupidity.

Dem force u join QA? Dem force u follow this thread? The pay no good oya leave am an.

because of ordinary 3k way u work last week na him u dey showcase ur stupidity.

The idiot say why him go sell card details when him go fit use am pay 4 something online.. Lol. U dull I swear, dem tell u say an so easy. U go use am buy, repercussions no go dey.

The mumu say nobody fit earn $50 a week, I laugh in ur native language.
For ur mumu mind na faceless forum be dis so u fit sit down 4 ur one room way u never pay rent dey insult ppl way their views dey different from yours ba...

6 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biggieboy: 10:50am On Oct 24, 2019
So generationz is a she undecided

I always thought she was a he flaunting as a she..

Sorry 4 assuming ur a guy
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 10:50am On Oct 24, 2019
Biggieboy:
So generationz is a she undecided

I always thought she was a he flaunting as a she..

Sorry 4 assuming ur a guy

Okokobioko grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by PattyMike(m): 10:56am On Oct 24, 2019
Biggieboy:
Only u said QA pay peanut and TranscribeMe pays better but u are still killing urself untop QA, one 1 rating after the other.
U can earn $1200 on Transcribeme but u spent the whole of last week stacking up 1 ratings on QA when u know their pay is peanut.

@PattyMike I'm surprised no one has told u that u are very stupid, dats why u have no qualms showcasing ur stupidity.

Dem force u join QA? Dem force u follow this thread? The pay no good oya leave am an.

because of ordinary 3k way u work last week na him u dey showcase ur stupidity.

The idiot say why him go sell card details when him go fit use am pay 4 something online.. Lol. U dull I swear, dem tell u say an so easy. U go use am buy, repercussions no go dey.

The mumu say nobody fit earn $50 a week, I laugh in ur native language.
For ur mumu mind na faceless forum be dis so u fit sit down 4 ur one room way u never pay rent dey insult ppl way their views dey different from yours ba...

[...] Sake of my Oga madam wey say make I shut up, I for give you your size now now now. I'm busy transcribing for my peanuts I can't hear you, haha

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.