Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,243 members, 7,887,683 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:19 PM

Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time - Sports (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time (108071 Views)

CAF Withdraws AFCON 2019 Hosting Rights From Cameroon / Seychelles Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 Qualifier - 0 - 3 (Full Time) / Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:26am On Jul 01, 2019
Freehuman:

You understand am. German female team had not conceded a goal through out their world cup campaign but yesterday they lost to an inferior Swedish team with a goal difference. Spain in 2010 lost a match. In Champions League, Barcelona always go undefeated till they fail in quarter finals or semi finals. Liverpool this year lost two group stage matches.

There's always that thing that makes a favorite who loses or draws a match with a presumed weaker opponent during the group stage to sit up and win the final.
you called Sweden who lost a world cup final to Germany on penalty inferior...nawa so long na rohr be coach we are exiting at second round...

2 Likes

Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:29am On Jul 01, 2019
emerich:

Zambia won with a foreign coach, get your facts right.
is keshi from France...??...Nigeria is bigger than Zambia we need a local coach enough of these overrated foreign guys...

4 Likes

Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by dochenaj: 4:20am On Jul 01, 2019
eni4real:
It's just an Olympic..
Is the Olympics a continental or international competition?
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by metroid(m): 6:49am On Jul 01, 2019
Dalong was in the stadium that's why the eagles flopped grin
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by FunkyAlhaji2015: 7:00am On Jul 01, 2019
[quote author=tesppidd post=79816786]The price of losing that top spot it that we'd most likely play Ghana in the second round and Egypt in the Quarter finals.

Quarter finals?? We have just one more match to play in this competition. I'm sorry to say

3 Likes

Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by PopeFlatino(m): 7:12am On Jul 01, 2019
angry What pains me the most is seeing Ighalo,Musa,Samuel Kalu/Moses Simon in the attacking lineup..I have never for once liked that Kalu or Moses because they aren't proven stars yet,not that their clubs do win league nor qualify for UCL,,they don't even score upto 12 goals per season in their clubs.......Compare them to Onyekuru who has been on fire since his days in Eupen,he still won the league with d mighty Galatasaray last season with 12+goals and some assists..he scored d crucial title winning goal even against Istanbul Basakashir..He has the pace,the trickery and can disturb defenders well,more intelligent than Musa who runs most times and forget himself,or Iwobi who is always confused upfront,or Ighalo who lacks pace and trickery (selfish and useles sometimes)...
Victor Osimhen was a banger last season and won his club's player of d season but he kept him on bench ,even our own Messi"Chukweze

That coach is a fool
TruthinAction:

The white coach is destroying the confidence of these talented youth whether deliberately or not, I can't tell. He is definitely acting like one that is high on weed. A match that is not so crucial is the best match to field untested players. I don't just like his pattern.

3 Likes

Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by PopeFlatino(m): 7:13am On Jul 01, 2019
angry Exactly..but the coach is daft
Wallade:

Unfortunately, Henry Onyekuru and Victor Osihmen have been dropped from starting line up. That is sad for me because I have a strong feeling that these two guys have a lot to offer.
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by yourdj2(m): 7:29am On Jul 01, 2019
Niaja no worry God..

Next match no lose hope....

Is not always to win....with out losing...

Besides you have 7-point
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by Magjoel(m): 8:55am On Jul 01, 2019
beauty7:
with this 2:0 defeat,i am now confident that Nigeria will carry the cup.

If Nigeria had won today's game,they would not carry the cup.

But there is also a likelihood that Egypt and Madagascar will play the final, if for some reasons Nigeria fails to reach the final.

But i believe Nigeria will reach the final and carry the afcon cup
Nigeria will perform better in their next match, they are likely to face Ghana which I think we will win but I doubt we can beat Egypt in the quater final. Assuming we top the group we could have an easier path
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 01, 2019
Benekruku:

They play for allowances!
They allow allowances get in their heads.
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 01, 2019
dochenaj:

Is the Olympics a continental or international competition?
Messi has no international trophy. He only won an Olympic!!
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by Horus(m): 9:19am On Jul 01, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxhv1F7ozps

AFCON 2019: Madagascar 2 -0 Nigeria. Official post match press conference, Rohr unhappy

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr is unhappy with his fringe players Victor Osimhen and Henry Onyekuru after a dissapointing loss.
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by Adakintroy2: 9:51am On Jul 01, 2019
biofem01:
Doing our last game, I questioned the technical powess of our coach and I received many criticism for being too negative despite the team second victory in a quick succession. Someone even told me that I was criticing our coach because he is a foreigner.
I hope going forward from here we can all see that as long as this man remains as our head coach our Eagles will be nothing better than a chicken. This man is no better than an average Nigerian on this platform who knows nothing about coaching, tactics or strategy. It is quite unfortunate.

Relax this guy is a good coach. We just missing good players in strategic positions. Go and check his records since he took over. Just one lost in wich we dominate the game in any case is not enough reason to sack him.

We played world cup qualifier in a tight group as, Cameroon, algeria and we qualified with a game to spare. Also the nation's cup qualifiers with game to spare.

For me he has done great. Plus he has qualified for the next round. What about Ghana that is yet to win a game

Make una take am easy. Na agentina get messi, aguero still DE fumble for Copa America..this is football. You win some you loose some.

1 Like

Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by SQLmastar(m): 12:12pm On Jul 01, 2019
Freehuman:

You understand am. German female team had not conceded a goal through out their world cup campaign but yesterday they lost to an inferior Swedish team with a goal difference. Spain in 2010 lost a match. In Champions League, Barcelona always go undefeated till they fail in quarter finals or semi finals. Liverpool this year lost two group stage matches.

There's always that thing that makes a favorite who loses or draws a match with a presumed weaker opponent during the group stage to sit up and win the final.
Okwu nkasi obi.
words of consolation. But lemme busrt your bubble...SUPER EAGLES WON'T SMELL semi-finals. angry
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by pelezico: 1:06pm On Jul 01, 2019
Freehuman:

So you are comparing SE to crappy womans World Cup - German female team Are you serious Bro??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by SHOCK7(m): 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2019
Kingosytex:

Wetin be the aim of that big brother sef?
Derez is really no aim other than 2 entertain & distract u from 'ur normal routine.
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by Kingosytex(m): 1:21pm On Jul 01, 2019
SHOCK7:

Derez is really no aim other than 2 entertain & distract u from 'ur normal routine.

Most Nigerians are crazy about the BBN stuff...

1 Like

Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by TruthinAction: 1:57pm On Jul 01, 2019
PopeFlatino:
angry What pains me the most is seeing Ighalo,Musa,Samuel Kalu/Moses Simon in the attacking lineup..I have never for once liked that Kalu or Moses because they aren't proven stars yet,not that their clubs do win league nor qualify for UCL,,they don't even score upto 12 goals per season in their clubs.......Compare them to Onyekuru who has been on fire since his days in Eupen,he still won the league with d mighty Galatasaray last season with 12+goals and some assists..he scored d crucial title winning goal even against Istanbul Basakashir..He has the pace,the trickery and can disturb defenders well,more intelligent than Musa who runs most times and forget himself,or Iwobi who is always confused upfront,or Ighalo who lacks pace and trickery (selfish and useles sometimes)...
Victor Osimhen was a banger last season and won his club's player of d season but he kept him on bench ,even our own Messi"Chukweze

That coach is a fool

I really smell something wrong here. Maybe he wants to leave and cause some damages before he lives. But why would he do that is another question. I really don't understand why he will keep the players we know is best on the benches and play those who are not even supposed to be in the squad to start with. So many questions begging for answers. If he does the same thing in our next game against Ghana, I will have no option to conclude it's a deliberate plot to make us lose. Then the NFA should terminate his appointment without benefits. He has brought the biggest shame to us.
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2019
pelezico:

So you are comparing SE to crappy womans World Cup - German female team Are you serious Bro??

I put male teams there. What about the current Copa America. Columbia got all 9 points from the table and Argentina got 4 points after being beaten by same Colombia. Currently Columbia were knocked out of the tournament and Argentina will feature in the semi finals. Why do you think people claimed during the last world cup that England had an easy route to the semi final?When Belgium beat them in that group match that Southgate rested crucial players it was obvious they (England) did not want to play the likes of Brazil and France in the Quarter and Semifinals.

Nigeria finishing second may mean that they may not play Egypt and Cameroon who are likely gonna make it to the Quarter and Semifinals. As those who finish top of group B will definitely follow that hard path as Egypt are top of group A and Cameroon potentially top of their group.
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by dochenaj: 5:15pm On Jul 01, 2019
eni4real:
Messi has no international trophy. He only won an Olympic!!
I asked you a simple question. Well if you refuse to be educated on this, I can only say, "I tried my best".
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by dochenaj: 5:34pm On Jul 01, 2019
Freehuman:
I put male teams there. What about the current Copa America. Columbia got all 9 points from the table and Argentina got 4 points after being beaten by same Colombia. Currently Columbia were knocked out of the tournament and Argentina will feature in the semi finals. Why do you think people claimed during the last world cup that England had an easy route to the semi final?When Belgium beat them in that group match that Southgate rested crucial players it was obvious they (England) did not want to play the likes of Brazil and France in the Quarter and Semifinals.
Nigeria finishing second may mean that they may not play Egypt and Cameroon who are likely gonna make it to the Quarter and Semifinals. As those who finish top of group B will definitely follow that hard path as Egypt are top of group A and Cameroon potentially top of their group.
As it stands now. If Nigeria wins the next round, they would be meeting Egypt (that's if they also win their round). They needed to finish top of the table to avoid Egypt till the final but they bungled that.
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 01, 2019
dochenaj:

I asked you a simple question. Well if you refuse to be educated on this, I can only say, "I tried my best".
And I am giving you a practical example since you are fond of theories...

Messi always feel bad because he has not won any international trophies for his country...

Don't pretend as if you don't know this. However he had Olympic gold medal and under 20 World cup trophy...

All that I've won was age grade competitions

The Real trophy is the one you won with the senior national team...

So, teacher stop teaching me nonsense...

Kanu has no international trophy.... Shikena!!!
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by PopeFlatino(m): 5:59am On Jul 02, 2019
U nailed it bro
TruthinAction:

I really smell something wrong here. Maybe he wants to leave and cause some damages before he lives. But why would he do that is another question. I really don't understand why he will keep the players we know is best on the benches and play those who are not even supposed to be in the squad to start with. So many questions begging for answers. If he does the same thing in our next game against Ghana, I will have no option to conclude it's a deliberate plot to make us lose. Then the NFA should terminate his appointment without benefits. He has brought the biggest shame to us.
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by Arinze1020: 10:35am On Jul 02, 2019
AFCON 2019 : NFF TO SACK ROHR AS SUPER EAGLES COACH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vp4cf3zKOE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2019
arinze1020:
AFCON 2019 : NFF TO SACK ROHR AS SUPER EAGLES COACH

undecided
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by tesppidd: 6:53pm On Jul 02, 2019
As things stand we play Cameroon.

1 Like

Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by BankyGee(m): 8:14pm On Jul 02, 2019
Nigeria v Cameroon
Saturday
6:00pm
Alexandaria Stadium

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by Kenturkey048(m): 1:53pm On Jul 03, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
you called Sweden who lost a world cup final to Germany on penalty inferior...nawa so long na rohr be coach we are exiting at second round...
now if they sack rohr..who you think say go replace am??
Re: Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time by Kenturkey048(m): 1:56pm On Jul 03, 2019
Freehuman:

see plenty English wey dis man dey ryt...brother...even if we defeat camroun ..our next match na the Egyptian national team....

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Francisca Ordega Builds House For Her Mother (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.