Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,184 members, 7,880,692 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:44 AM

Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget (21177 Views)

FG To Begin Ruga Settlements In 11 States Where The Governors Have Consented / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan / Ruga Settlements: Benue Residents Protest, Say 'No Land For Ruga' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 01, 2019
silverbirdng:
The Federal Government originally planned to have the controversial Ruga settlements in every part of the country and not only in 11 states.

But the Chairman of Nigeria Governors Forum and Ekiti Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, said the Ruga initiative had been blown out of proportion.

There are strong indications on Saturday that members of the main opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party, may call for the investigation into the Federal Government sponsored Ruga projects for Fulani herdsmen across the country.

We learnt on Saturday that funding arrangements, as well as other things that would ensure a seamless operation of the settlements, were still being discussed.

Senior officials of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, who had earlier given one of our correspondents the names of states where the settlements were currently being perfected, stated that the affected states and the Federal Government were still discussing many other issues about the settlements, including funding.

The source said, “Generally, it is a policy conceived by the Federal Government to cover the entire country. But the government decided to discuss it with the states and said states that are willing should indicate interest.

“Of course, the Federal Government is going to carry the states that are interested along. It is mainly between the Federal Government and the interested states, discussions are still ongoing and we can’t give a final figure on funding now.

“But we are surprised at the political undertone that this issue is having. Why will a group from Benue stage a protest that government wants to invade their land?”

Umar also said the state governments that indicated interest had been visiting the ministry to get details about the initiative, as discussions were still ongoing to perfect the scheme.

He said, “Already state and local governments are buying into the initiative. Many states have indicated interest. They have been coming to the ministry and stated their interest to join to ensure that we set up Ruga settlements in their states so that their nomads will have a place. They will also have cattle markets and modern abattoirs in their states.”

On May 21, 2019, the immediate past Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Chief Audu Ogbeh, announced that Buhari approved the Ruga settlement initiative earlier in the same month.

No state can be forced to surrender land, says Fayemi

Fayemi, while responding to an inquiry from one of our correspondents via a text message, said the initiative had nothing to do with the NGF, stressing that issues surrounding land use were at the discretion of respective governors.

He said, “The so-called Ruga initiative has nothing to do with NGF. We have never discussed this and none of my colleagues has raised the matter in my period in office.”

Fayemi said no state could be forced to surrender land within its jurisdiction and as such there was no cause for alarm.

The governor added, “I don’t believe any state is under threat of its land being taken over for this purpose. Governors have exclusive preserve over the land within their states jurisdiction. This is a storm in a teacup.”

PDP senators to demand probe

They described as unfair any action by the Federal Government to take over other people’s land for the establishment of herdsmen settlements with billions from the national treasury, promising to initiate probe into the project.

He said, “We have to study the provisions in the 2019 budget and see whether the Fulani herdsmen settlements projects were adequately captured in it. We will know what to do if the project was captured in the budget or not. But definitely, we should look into it.”

Meanwhile, the Federal Government has allocated the sum of N2.26bn in the 2019 budget for the development of national grazing reserves.

The amount is contained in the 2019 budget signed into law by the President on May 28.

Specifically, the N2.26bn is contained under the budget of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/ruga-settlements-fg-woo-colonies-n2-26bn-grazing-reserve-budget/

See nonsense wey Fayemi de talk......This hole yorubas are digging ehh
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 01, 2019
MetaPhysical:

So you voted PDP. Ok, is PDP going to stop Ruga from your land? If its not....whats the use of bringing APC into it? Ruga is not party line....its a policy for deployment nationwide.

Its about your Governors, put pressure on your Governors.

SW Governors have an announcement coming up on Wednesday. We are waiting to hear their talk. They will either give calm or they will make the region boil. If it boils it will consume them along.

Fayemi is already asslicking his gambari masters
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by LAFOCUZY: 12:32am On Jul 01, 2019
Breaking News: Federal govt budget $11b to lobby SE/SS for land for the Ruga Settlement

According to the intelligence report received a few hours ago. Our agent said that the Federal budget about $11b to lobby SE/SS states for a land for the Ruga Settlement project. The states include: Anambra Abia Imo Enugu Ebonyi others are Akwa Ibom. Cross River. Bayelsa. Rivers. Delta. Edo. The states will share $1b each. It is said that the federal govt have three options to get the required hectares of land needed from the two regions.

According to the report the first will be to lobby (Bribe) the influential people in each state to help convince their people on the need to have Ruga Fulani settlement in the state and also influence or force the governor to release land for the Ruga project. The states will also be lobbied with ministerial appointment, board members into choice govt parastatals etc.

The second option will be to buy hectares of land from each state through a third party. We also learnt that the govt has met with some influential people in the affected states to begin looking for large hectares of land. Some traditional rulers are said to be involved the deal.

The third option will be to take land by forcing it on the people. This, they have done in Benue state. They will do it by creating chaos and division and disagreement among the people of the states. Which may lead to arm conflict. The government will then declare state of emergency and inviting the army and forcefully take over the states and create Ruga settlement for the Fulani

The intelligence reports also revealed that Buhari travel to Saudi Arabia immediately after the inauguration was to finalise the South west land deal with Saudi Arabia planned to hand over Buhari for the Ruga Settlement. You may recall that I once mention that the Fulani already got all the land they wanted from south west through Saudi Arabia

Bellow is the excerpt

Arab world headed by Saudi Arabia bought hectares of land in this state for Bio Fuel Agriculture. The states include: Ekiti, Ondo, Osun, Kwara, Kogi, Benue, Gombe, Bauchi, Zamfara, Kano, Kaduna, Nasarawa and Plateau, but now we know why they bought the lands. They bought the lands for future Fulani settlement because of desertification in Fulani states and countries in Africa and also for expansion of Islam. This is the reason the Fulani herdsmen cannot be stopped because they believe they are grazing on their land. The states mentioned above are the states Buhari govt wants to create Ruga settlement.

This game started long ago. Buhari was ordered by the Fulani world Council to make space for settling the Fulani as desertification encroaches. It is also in tune with their age long propensity for conquest, violence and political domination. It also is in tandem with radical Islam's jihad, which is being spearheaded by the same Fulani. Remember also his pledge that Sharia must be spread.

The Fulani attacks will bring two results. Gain more territories to resettle the Fulani and spread Islam and Sharia. The Fulani world Council is using prominent Fulanis in Nigeria like El-Rufai, Buhari, etc. to create a conducive atmosphere to resettle Fulani of West and Central Africa in Nigeria. Remember Buhari has been the main patron of the Miyetti Allah group since 1998.

These attacks started two years later in the year 2000. The first organisation that visited Buhari in Abuja and the first meeting Buhari held in Abuja after one month in office was the meeting with the OIC. The meeting was attended by all the heads of state from Muslim countries. No journalist was allowed to cover the meeting and what was discussed in the meeting has not been made open to the public, as we speak. Fulani and the Arab world colonisation of Nigeria is about to complete

(RECOLONISATION AND ACQUISITION OF NIGERIA AND AFRICAN LAND BY MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS (NIGERIA BEWARE) PUBLISHED 2012 BY PAFFCOMM Please click to read

[https://www.facebook.com/notes/keny-paffcomm/recolonisation-and-acquisition-of-nigeria-and-african-land-by-multinational-corp/467108016660600/](https://www.facebook.com/notes/keny-paffcomm/recolonisation-and-acquisition-of-nigeria-and-african-land-by-multinational-corp/467108016660600/?fref=gs&dti=346772412076994&hc_location=group)
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by kayusely70(m): 12:45am On Jul 01, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:
SE didn't vote for APC, so we don't deserve their Next Level Ruga project.

Since they didn't consider us worthy to hold a post at the 9th NASS, we won't cede an inch of our territory to their Ruga bullshitt.

If they impose it on any of our land, we would burn both the cow and the terrorists and we would make the state too hot for the governor or kills us all.

SW voted for Next Level, so they should top the list of beneficiary states.

Of course, they claim they are accommodators, so it is no big deal accommodating some cows in their land.

This Next Level sweet.
After getting chief whip what next does se wants? vp or ssg?
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by SarkinYarki: 3:22am On Jul 01, 2019
MetaPhysical:
I saw a letter reproduced by Reno where a contractor was awarded 361million and some change just for four weeks of work to construct a structure in a ruga.

We can shout anti-Ruga all we want. People are hungry. Our own people will be the ones lining up for the contract to build fulani colony in their ancestral land.

Make God punish me if I lie!

You have said the bitter truth
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by Esales(m): 5:17am On Jul 01, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

South has rejected it already nah. Yorubas are in the west not South.

No RUGA in SW, No APC 2023 ticket. We in the SE, we don't need their bloody ticket.

Anyi niile no n'ime otu ite.

SW, SS, SE... Our surname Na South. If e enter sw, e don be for SS and SE, if e enter SE, e don be for sw and ss. After all fence dey for Ore highway? Abi is Alaigbo fenced off

The very sad truth is that we need the afonjas very much and the afonjas need the chestbeaters soo much. The moment the afonjas and the chest beaters accept this fact, the entire north is in soup...
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by YorubaWarrior: 5:56am On Jul 01, 2019
hammerF1:
YORUBA VOTED BUHARI AND SHOULD BE THE NUMBER ONE BENEFICIARIES OF RUGA.

THEY LOVE MONEY SO, THAT OFFER IS TOO JUICY FOR THEM TO PASS.

EVEN BUHARI KNOW IN HIS MIND, RUGA CAN'T REACH SE.

MAKA GINI?

DID WE VOTE FOR HIM?

Isn't it so funny for Igbo people to claim Yoruba loves money? It's like a Leopard accusing a Lion of being a Carnivore... grin Joke of a tribe!

1 Like

Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by davoiceoftruth: 6:37am On Jul 01, 2019
We the dog, goat and chicken rearers also need land too. Their waste is disturbing my neighbors. So I need a ruga settlement too
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by searchlight: 8:08am On Jul 01, 2019
MetaPhysical:

So you voted PDP. Ok, is PDP going to stop Ruga from your land? If its not....whats the use of bringing APC into it? Ruga is not party line....its a policy for deployment nationwide.

Its about your Governors, put pressure on your Governors.

SW Governors have an announcement coming up on Wednesday. We are waiting to hear their talk. They will either give calm or they will make the region boil. If it boils it will consume them along.
let the development get the the regions that voted the party overwhelmingly as it has been. After north come SW while the SE 5% should be left alone as usual. After all they can harvest where they did not sow lolssssss
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by DedeNkem: 8:16am On Jul 01, 2019
Fulani terrorists who have been invading communities and slaughtering thousands are being awarded billions and acres of lands by Buhari. Why? What has he done for the farmers?

And this same Buhari IDIOT illegally declared IPOB a terrorist group! IPOB has neither killed anyone nor invaded anyone's property!
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by OdumegwuOjukwu: 8:32am On Jul 01, 2019
budaatum:

I'm a give the people what they currently need sort of person myself, not in the mode for telling others what to eat or not, and the evidence suggest beef is it at the moment. It would be like building otherwise obsolete coal electric generating plants. When we eat more and grow a little we can all go nuclear omega 3 fatty acid fish.

No wahala.

Just make your ancestral land available for the venture. That's if you still have any.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by macfish101(m): 9:01am On Jul 01, 2019
This is a devilish offer. Spending money gotten from the south on some blood sucking northern entities. Accept the RUGA settlement and have your generation wiped out. The igbo managed to survive the Civil War. No other ethnic group will survive it when the fulani headmen come for them. You will all be slaughtered in your sleep. It doesn't matter how much they offer you.
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by truthstands20: 9:01am On Jul 01, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

If president terrorist Buhari woos you with that huge amount of money collect am!!! Afterall it's our national cake!!! Our collective money

Develop your state with it so that you will have the support of your people but say NO! to violation of your people!!!

You might think that it's not your business undecided When they have no one else to turn to, it will be your turn, your family, children, wife until they make your home unbearable for you!!!

Don't throw stone into a market, you don't know who it will hit!!!
You don't know what you are talking about. If you collect the money, you have seeded the land to the evil agenda. No way!
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by TheAlchemist: 9:11am On Jul 01, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:
SE didn't vote for APC, so we don't deserve their Next Level Ruga project.

Since they didn't consider us worthy to hold a post at the 9th NASS, we won't cede an inch of our territory to their Ruga bullshitt.

If they impose it on any of our land, we would burn both the cow and the terrorists and we would make the state too hot for the governor or kills us all.

SW voted for Next Level, so they should top the list of beneficiary states.

Of course, they claim they are[b] accommodators, [/b]so it is no big deal accommodating some cows in their land.

This Next Level sweet.

Developers vs accomodators. Enough of this divide.... lets work collectively to build a great nation.
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by OfficialAPCNig: 9:37am On Jul 01, 2019
TundRash:

See this one.
Indeed SWterners are accommodators but that should not make them (the leaders) give
away our ancestral lands to the infamous Fuuuuulani land grabbers just because a few greedy and power-hungry politicians are looking to takeover from Buhariaa in 2023.

Who even told you that the North is ready to 'relinguish' power to SW or elsewhere?

Give away your own family land to the Fuuulanis and see how they overrun and (God forbid) kill you to fully take over in the nearest future.
It seems you are the only sensible yoruba on Nairaland. I can bet you are not a yoruba moslem.
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by budaatum: 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2019
OdumegwuOjukwu:

No wahala.

Just make your ancestral land available for the venture. That's if you still have any.
It is already available to me for the venture! Unfortunately herdspeople bring their disease infested cattle on to my land and infected my cattle and they all died off. This plan to restrict them will be immense help to me. The fg just needs to understand that they can't steal land from states.
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by maasoap(m): 12:34pm On Jul 01, 2019
hammerF1:
YORUBA VOTED BUHARI AND SHOULD BE THE NUMBER ONE BENEFICIARIES OF RUGA.

THEY LOVE MONEY SO, THAT OFFER IS TOO JUICY FOR THEM TO PASS.

EVEN BUHARI KNOW IN HIS MIND, RUGA CAN'T REACH SE.

MAKA GINI?

DID WE VOTE FOR HIM?

I want one in my state if my governor could see the benefits, most especially, state's IGR. Who says Ruga is for the exclusive benefits of Fulanis? Ignorants everywhere!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by maasoap(m): 12:39pm On Jul 01, 2019
DREAMZZZ:
we yorubas accept the ruga settlement we love you fulanis thank you Buhari

I ddon't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but as at Yoruba man, Ruga is welcomed by me any day any time. I'm beyond being controlled by propaganda and fear. I only see the benefits
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by Kolping: 12:50pm On Jul 01, 2019
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by TundRash(m): 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

It seems you are the only sensible yoruba on Nairaland. I can bet you are not a yoruba moslem.

This has nothing to do with religion. It is about saying the truth when necessary.
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by budaatum: 2:09pm On Jul 01, 2019
maasoap:

I want one in my state if my governor could see the benefits, most especially, state's IGR. Who says Ruga is for the exclusive benefits of Fulanis? Ignorants everywhere!
3 like for you!
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by budaatum: 2:12pm On Jul 01, 2019
TundRash:

Give away your own family land to the Fuuulanis and see how they overrun and (God forbid) kill you to fully take over in the nearest future.
Dem never upgrade for your side? You better wiseup!

The enlightened do not give nor sell their family land anymore, we lease it instead.
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:54pm On Jul 01, 2019
truthstands20:

You don't know what you are talking about. If you collect the money, you have seeded the land to the evil agenda. No way!
That true.
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by TundRash(m): 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2019
budaatum:

Dem never upgrade for your side? You better wiseup!

The enlightened do not give nor sell their family land anymore, we lease it instead.

You don't read to understand.
Now gently read over again.
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by budaatum: 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2019
TundRash:

You don't read to understand.
Now gently read over again.
Gently read what? That I can't rear cattle on my own land or lease it if I wanted to? Upgrade dude! We are in the age of satellite and good surveyors and lawyers and modern farming techniques. We are educating the local authority and the very underdeveloped state veterinary service. Those thises were once farmland, for sheep. This here, and this might give you an idea of what's possible on a scale much larger than my ranch I do admit. Those thises were once farmland, for sheep. And I have ancestors and will have descendants.
Re: Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget by booksrite001: 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2019
odumegwuojukwu:
No wahala. Just make your ancestral land available for the venture. That's if you still have any.

lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Intervenes In Magodo Land Tussle, Orders Stand Down / #FuelScarcity Trending On Twitter / 7 Months To Elections: Number Of Presidential Aspirants Hits 46​

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.