Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,943 members, 7,922,334 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 02:40 AM

RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme (18895 Views)

Tinubu To Reintroduce Osinbajo’s Tax Amnesty Program / Oil Nears $56, FG May Reintroduce Fuel Subsidy / COVID-19: FG Won’t Reintroduce Total Lockdown Again - Boss Mustapha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by sunkoye: 5:44pm On Jul 07, 2019
Earthquake3:

Why has it not been implemented in the states that want it?
cos it was meant for the South.
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by ChristineC: 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2019
Joromi12:
If FG Can subsidise fertilizer and tractors for farmers. What is wrong in Ruga abeg.
nothing. resettle the herdsmen in the vast northern lands. this isn't rocket science.

1 Like

Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by Fidelismaria: 7:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
Let just blow up this damn country
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by 400billionman: 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2019
condemn:
Southerners make we get sense and start to venture into this cattle business oh. Once maga pay boys for street, make them buy land for inside bush and buy cows straight.

One guy here is producing Pigs in Large quantities.

Any form of meat rearing is profitable business.

When herdsmen meet competition, they will understand respect.
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:18pm On Jul 07, 2019
legba1:

some of u folks are just dumb.....i am a poultry farmer and i have pigs too....first the cows fulanis are keeping are not government merchandise....individual business...why will government be sooo concerned to spend our collective resources to further the course of some buz men...secondly...this arrangement favours a section of the entire nation..the fulanis wt very ruthless and bad antcidents....thirdly BUHARI will be rubbing peter to pay paul.....think mr....
you are foolish...there is herdsmen crises that demands a strategic policy to tackle it... what is rubbing Peter to pay Paul you ar wailing...u can still go into cattle business too...i do know some of u guys get grant from govt...and nobody shouted...
if you are to advise the govt how do we solve the herdsmen men issue what ll be ur suggestions...?? we are waiting
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2019
asamaigho:

have u heard of ranching?
I know and thats what aketi of ondo state talked about too...there are people who have ranching already...
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by Kennydoc(m): 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2019
ijustdey:

•Scheme to come back soon, Yakassai insists

•Gani Adams, Yoruba group talk tough

He added that it would be in the interest of Nigerians for the Fulani herders to be settled in place.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/224524/

Deomelo, the quote in bold is for your attention. Liar!
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by asamaigho(m): 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
I know and thats what aketi of ondo state talked about too...there are people who have ranching already...

so you have answered your question yourself, next time stop asking silly questions
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by deomelo: 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2019
Kennydoc:

Deomelo, the quote in bold is for your attention. Liar!

The letter also made reference to the directive to suspend RUGA because “it is not in accordance with the designs approved by NEC, NFSC and FEC,”

What he government said and openly and what still stands, not a screte letter, basically what the FG stipulated to every Nigerian out in the open.

a development which has been described as temporary, with a foremost Northern leader, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai, boasting in an interview that RUGA scheme “will be back.”.

An ignorant and agenda based opinion and rendition of what the government said.

Question, why are people going crazy over this man's opinion?

Either way, RUGA or NLTP, both are not mandatory, it's a voluntary program so why are Nigerians always mad and going crazy over every damn benign rubbish under the sun?
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by General0847: 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2019
asamaigho:

sharrap..the southwest has even been more vocal than ur mentioned
Buruku son of a Buruku father.
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by themanderon: 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2019
We know. The despot in chief and his band of ogres are on the drawing board plotting for the their plan B but we are waiting.
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:37pm On Jul 07, 2019
asamaigho:

so you have answered your question yourself, next time stop asking silly questions
you are stupid try read what I wrote before writing shits from your head idiot
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2019
asamaigho:

you are so stupid try read what I wrote and stop writing shits from your head idiot
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by darediamond(m): 8:53pm On Jul 07, 2019
To the Core Northerners, Middle Belt and South East are "Conquered Regions"!

South West is yet to be "Conquered" .

But they have forgotten that We have Successfully turned people of there Region against them. These People are Middle Beltans!!!

However, let alone, we YORUBAS can will surely Defend our Land.

If it comes to it, all is needed is to REVERT back to KIRIJI WAR STRIKE TACTICS and first order any Yoruba and yes Southern Man in useless Nigeria Army out first before we begin the destruction of anything that represents HAUSA/FULANI.

Never had there been a tribe in Africa that Fougt themselves for 17years it is we ONLY YORUBAS AND THAT WAS WAS named K I R I J I!!!.

Bomb do not scare us neither does uniformed men. Lots of uniformed men were wasted during Agbekoya War in Ibadan- just in Ibadan!!

Now we are altogether ever than before in all South Western States. North Should not Push us to the wall or else, CORE NORTH WILL BURN!

KEEP YOUR RUGA IN YOUR REGION.

NO RUGA IN YORUBA NOR IGBO NOT IJAW NOT ISEKIRI LAND RESPTIVELY.

No RUGA in South Alltogether!!
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by darediamond(m): 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2019
porka:
Those who oppose the agenda should match their rhetoric with concrete plans and strategy for action.

The northern group has vowed to see to the implementation and this one thing is so dear to Buhari's heart. He is not about to give up.

AND HE WILL CAUSE.A WAR THAT WILL DESTROY CORE NORTH.

NO THIS IS NOT CHEST BEATING. WE ARE ONLY BEGGING CORE NORTH NOW TO STOP THERE PLANS BECAUSE ORDINARY WE YORUBAS ALONE WILL NOT JUST RESIST THE PLAN BUT DEMOLISH ANYTHING THAT REPRESENT THEM THIS TIME AROUND. THERE WILL BE NO MERCY.

WE fearless YOUTHS are ever ready and seriously on the alert.

NOW EVER ANGRY MIDDLE BELTANS ARE THERE TOO LET ALONE OUR CORAGEOUS IGBOS AND SOUTH SOUTH PEOPLE.
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by darediamond(m): 9:07pm On Jul 07, 2019
Karatum:
Nigerians should brace up for another civil war. This RUGA sh1t will drive this country to anarchy. I wish it can be averted.

My Sister, this time around, it would be 4 against 1.

The Four: S.S, M.B, S.W and S.S

The One: Core North( Hausa/Fulani)

This will only result to Ethnic Cleansing of Fulani/Hausa people!!!
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by darediamond(m): 9:21pm On Jul 07, 2019
kayjay69:
You still don't get it do you. You are looking at this whole thing naively. The real agenda is for the Fulani to take over the Southern part of Nigeria. It is simply why, despite the Northern States signing onto the RUGA scheme, it was cancelled. Do you think if the Southern States had signed on, it would have been cancelled or suspended or whatever? I don't know why we all do not have an appreciation of history nor do we understand that history has a way of repeating itself over and over again.

How did the Yoruba lose what is known today as Kwara state?

How did the minority tribes in the North lose their ethnic identity over time?

What is the origin of the Fulani people? How did they end up in what is known as modern day Nigeria and other countries across Africa? What have been their activities since?

When you understand these, coupled with the rhetoric and body language of the Fulanis in Nigeria since inception, you will have understood the real motive behind RUGA and why Southern Nigerians and the minority tribes of the North are against it.

Wisdom!!!
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by elvisco10(m): 9:24pm On Jul 07, 2019
This man Yakassai nor get sense.he spoke like 1.we no say na bubu nd co send u
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by darediamond(m): 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2019
Bhol28:
I believe we shouldnt always be antagonists of govt policies aimed at bringing solution to unnecessary killings of human beings in the land.Herdsmen/Farmers crisis didnt just start during pmb's tennure.What some of us fail to realise is that job opportunities will definitely be created in any area a well run modern livestock rearing settlement is located. vet doctors etc will benefit.Some naive state governors who suppose to think of how it can boost their state revenue and negotiate with FG are politicising the issue.Yet none of them can profer any solution to the crisis.

Oh well....

Are there no useful Land in the Big North that Fulanis can be settled by Hausa
/Fulani government. a.k.a Federal Government??

Are there no other non-violence breeding Job creation schemes that can be promoted by FedGov?

The ads (if any) you Fulanis RUGA settlement is far lower to it disads.

Whether or not, WE COLLECTIVELY SAY NO TO RUGA IN THE SOUTH OR ELSE, WAR will COSUME CORE NORTH!!
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by darediamond(m): 9:38pm On Jul 07, 2019
MondayOsunbor:

My brother they will bring out money buy every body that matter in the south

Just watch

And we fearless YOUTHS will Destroy both the Giver and any Collector in the South collectively.

No RUGA see!!!
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by engrchykae(m): 9:50pm On Jul 07, 2019
Joromi12:
fg no dey take land build road rail and barracks Do u live in ur ancestral land if i may ask
those facilities you mentioned are public facilities.
is the fulani business government business?
you reason like somebody from the north.
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by 3Ceagle(m): 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2019
Bhol28:
I believe we shouldnt always be antagonists of govt policies aimed at bringing solution to unnecessary killings of human beings in the land.Herdsmen/Farmers crisis didnt just start during pmb's tennure.What some of us fail to realise is that job opportunities will definitely be created in any area a well run modern livestock rearing settlement is located. vet doctors etc will benefit.Some naive state governors who suppose to think of how it can boost their state revenue and negotiate with FG are politicising the issue.Yet none of them can profer any solution to the crisis.

I like your positive vibe but Nigeria is not a normal country, where positiveness only has produces result, otherwise we will not be complaining of electricity, roads, and other essential of life. We are yet to determine how we want to live together as a united people, we don't even know our population. The Fulani people at the center of the attrition, have you taken a background check on them? What is their antecedent? why were they chased away in Ghana, CAR, some other countries in Africa and even Guinea where they are indigenous to how have they been living with other tribes? Do we have control over our borders? When an investor come to invest in a company do know that background check is done on the investor?. Between north and south based on poverty index, who do you think need the Ruga scheme? North abi. Let the north concentrate on agriculture and south manufacturing. Let North do their RUGA and we in south will go with ranching. It simple.
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 07, 2019
engrchykae:
those facilities you mentioned are public facilities.
is the fulani business government business?
you reason like somebody from the north.
u no dey chop meat
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by engrchykae(m): 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2019
Joromi12:
u no dey chop meat
you should be with your cows now.
they really need your attention.
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by cosef: 11:02pm On Jul 07, 2019
MetaPhysical:
To push the agenda to settle fulani, watch as Buhari will nominate someone from South to be Minister of Agriculture so its acceptance in South can go smoothly. grin

A Yoruba man will be made Minister of Agriculture so that yorubas can accept RUGA. It is time for yorubas to surrender their lands and get the 2023 APC presidency ticket if they want it.
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by Karnice600: 9:27am On Jul 08, 2019
Upton:
We are one Nigeria but we should understand that this is different territories merged into one country in 1914. As much as we want to be united, we must respect the peculiarity of each of these territories. You can't come and use the phrase "one Nigeria" to foist a policy that other territories don't want.

Ruga shouldn't just be suspended, it should be abandoned.

Things like land are ancestral and dates back to years even before the amalgamation of Nigeria. Yakassai and his cohorts have no right to insist we give our land for Fulani settlements under the guise of one Nigeria. Our land was ours even before Nigeria came into existence, we decide what we want to do with it.

Tell yourself the truth bro. Today, there's nothing like one Nigeria.

And don't call this hate speech too.
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by Karnice600: 10:26am On Jul 08, 2019
smirn:

Most of the cattles in the south are even owned by southerners but the Hausas and Fulanis help take care of them. One thing is still dont understand is that the RUGA issue is simply voluntary for interested states why is it that those states who said they are not interested still complaining? Is it that they dont want interested states to adopt the scheme for fear of something or what? Just like sharia law, only interested states are practicing it against earlier speculation that it may be forced on the entire country. Abeg make una help me reason am

Hey, why do you say such? Is it insensitivity to what's happening around you, or you're just being kinda naive?

Do you think if 34 states become interested in Sharia and fully involved, that the remaining 2 states won't be under threat of annihilation or forceful conversion, given the violence associated with the Sharia ideology?

It's a number thing. The more the numbers who don't want it, the more balanced the system becomes. The less it is, the more lopsided it becomes.

So why won't they cry out for other states not to accept a shady RUGA?

The more people you have fighting back, the louder their voices, the greater the impact and the higher their chances of not being victimized.

RUGA is shady. Has little or no economic relevance as regards what the ailing economy requires to recover.

So it's healthy to persuade others who seem not to learn from history and can't see or project beyond today, before they take dumb decisions and cry out later when you all will be under duress.

Foresight is what we need. Not this "mind your business" mentality, that's making ugly traits develop wings and relevance.

Period.
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by legba1(m): 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
you are foolish...there is herdsmen crises that demands a strategic policy to tackle it... what is rubbing Peter to pay Paul you ar wailing...u can still go into cattle business too...i do know some of u guys get grant from govt...and nobody shouted...
if you are to advise the govt how do we solve the herdsmen men issue what ll be ur suggestions...?? we are waiting

You want me to suggest solutions...ok...Solution ONE- govs give grants to agro buz peoples as you said even though i have never benefited...so let govs give herdsmen grant to build ranches in for their cows like i build my poultry for my chickens Solution TWO- if RUGA is indeed a polity that will cure the land of herders - farmers crises....then fulani states should sign up for RUGA....only their states.

Am sure the above stated points should do justice to your requests...thanks...we dont want those killers in our domain....JOS and SOUTHERN KADUNA plus BENUE are all cases for leasson
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:39pm On Jul 08, 2019
legba1:

You want me to suggest solutions...ok...Solution ONE- govs give grants to agro buz peoples as you said even though i have never benefited...so let govs give herdsmen grant to build ranches in for their cows like i build my poultry for my chickens Solution TWO- if RUGA is indeed a polity that will cure the land of herders - farmers crises....then fulani states should sign up for RUGA....only their states.

Am sure the above stated points should do justice to your requests...thanks...we dont want those killers in our domain....JOS and SOUTHERN KADUNA plus BENUE are all cases for leasson
I like ur response very well...and w what u said is not different from what aketi of ondo and prof Soyinka said on ranching which should be public private partnership PPP...on the Ruga matter which needs massive review given how the govt managed it interms of openness and information... we were told that it was not compulsory for state to partake in it... more so states that indicated interest were states In North West East and central...only benue and taraba exempted themselves...
so why the spread of rumors that there is a fulanisation agenda or islamization agenda...??
let's always have an open mind simple
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by AntiBalaka: 3:55pm On Jul 08, 2019
darediamond:

My Sister, this time around, it would be 4 against 1.

The Four: S.S, M.B, S.W and S.S

The One: Core North( Hausa/Fulani)

This will only result to Ethnic Cleansing of Fulani/Hausa people!!!

SW is Fulani clay

Oyorubas are Fulani slaves

Say the above 3 times while banging your head on the concrete floor.

No alliance with traitors and snakes
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 10, 2019
There cannot be a society where cattle takes priority over human beings.

- Prof. Wole Soyinka

OGHENAOGIE:
Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 10, 2019
There cannot be a society where cattle takes priority over human beings.

- Prof. Wole Soyinka

deomelo:

What he government said and openly and what still stands, not a screte letter, basically what the FG stipulated to every Nigerian out in the open.

An ignorant and agenda based opinion and rendition of what the government said.

Question, why are people going crazy over this man's opinion?

Either way, RUGA or NLTP, both are not mandatory, it's a voluntary program so why are Nigerians always mad and going crazy over every damn benign rubbish under the sun?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Our Officers Not Authorised To Seize Vehicle Documents — FRSC / Femi Fani-Kayode: Nigeria Now World’s Mass Murder, Terrorism Capital / Emeka Ihedioha Receives Cheers At Iwuanyanwu's Birthday Service (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.