Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,169 members, 7,916,414 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:52 PM

Young Disney Actor Cameron Boyce Dies At The Age Of 20 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Young Disney Actor Cameron Boyce Dies At The Age Of 20 (659 Views)

AY Makun Confirms Breakup Rumors: My Marriage Of 20 Years Slipping Off My Hands / Photo Of The Man Alex Did Abortion For At The Age Of 16? / I Lost My Virginity At The Age Of 28 - Asa Reveal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Young Disney Actor Cameron Boyce Dies At The Age Of 20 by NoChill: 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
Cameron Boyce, the 20-year-old Disney Channel star, has died, according to ABC News. Heartbroken and shocked fans and co-stars have taken to social media to mourn the passing of the vibrant, beloved actor of such Disney shows as Jessie and Descendants.

The tragic news broke in the early morning hours of July 7, 2019. According to the Blast, Boyce’s death has left fans in shock because people didn’t know he was facing an illness. Fans filled social media and Boyce’s Instagram page with tributes despite the early morning hour as the news spread. Many mentioned his potential or how they grew up watching him. “…cameron boyce, the boy I grew up laughing at on grown ups and disney channel, is now gone. it’s still so difficult for me to register this whole thing,” wrote one distraught fan on Twitter.

Another fan explained: “I don’t think adults would understand this as much as we do, we practically grew up with him, we watched him everyday on our TVs…we watched him grow up. and to see him die, that’s a different level of sadness.”

In March 2019, Boyce had given an interview with the site, Dazed, in which he discussed how he wanted his roles to be seen. “It’s important to show (characters) from every walk of life so people can say, ‘I can do that too,’ and feel like their existence is acknowledged,” he said in that interview, seemingly with everything to live for.

Cameron Boyce’s family – which includes his mother, father, and sister – confirmed the sad news of his death to ABC News.

“We are utterly heartbroken and ask for privacy during this immensely difficult time as we grieve the loss of our precious son and brother,” a family spokesperson said Saturday.

Boyce’s death comes at a time when his career was taking off and he was branching out into an indie role in a thriller called Runt, in which he played “a neglected teen pulled into a cycle of violence,” according to Dazed.

“This was the first time that someone had reached out to me and instantly believed in me, without any proof that I could handle the weight of the role. I’ve done a lot of work but it’s been a lot of Disney stuff, and a lot of children’s stuff, so the fact that someone was like ‘no I totally believe that you can do this,’ was empowering,” he told the publication, seemingly looking to the future.

Boyce’s Jessie co-star Skai Jackson wrote a heartbreaking tribute to Boyce on Instagram: “don’t even know where to start… I am at a loss for words,” she wrote. “I never thought in a million years I would be writing this. Cam, you were one of a kind. My heart will be forever broken. I am so happy that I got to spend almost everyday with you on set, you gave the best hugs. I wish I would have hugged you tighter when I saw you a couple of months ago. Thank you so much for being the big brother I never had… I am so distraught and I cannot stop crying! I love you so much… fly high �� �� Gods best angle (sic).”

Cameron Boyce was from a family of Caribbean, African, and Jewish heritage. Boyce discussed his ethnicity to Raw.

“Oh man. Your guess is as good as mine,” he said. “I’m a lot of different European. I know my grandfather is from the Caribbean. And my grandmother is… You know, I’m sure they both have lineage in Africa because I’m black. I like to say that I’m bl-ewish, I’m black and I’m Jewish. So you know, me and Drake, we got that in common.” His mother worked as a health worker on skid row, and his grandmother was involved in the civil rights movement. As a result, Boyce himself gave back to society, becoming involved in charity work.

“A humanitarian, Boyce is actively involved in various philanthropic endeavors and has been particularly outspoken for Thirst Project, a non-profit organization that provides awareness for the global water crisis. Last year, Boyce launched a campaign on his birthday that raised more than $27,000 to build two wells in Swaziland and continues to actively advocate on their behalf,” his Disney bio reads.

Boyce Died From a Seizure & His Family Says His Spirit ‘Will Live on,’ Reports Say

Whenever someone dies so young, people want to know how it happened. In this case, according to The Blast, Cameron Boyce died of a seizure from what was described as an ongoing illness.

The illness was not disclosed. “The world is now undoubtedly without one of its brightest lights, but his spirit will live on through the kindness and compassion of all who knew and loved him,” his family told ABC.

In a statement to ABC News, the Disney Channel also mourned Cameron Boyce, saying, “From a young age, Cameron Boyce dreamed of sharing his extraordinary artistic talents with the world. As a young man, he was fueled by a strong desire to make a difference in peoples’ lives through his humanitarian work. He was an incredibly talented performer, a remarkably caring and thoughtful person and, above all else, he was a loving and dedicated son, brother, grandson and friend.”

“We offer our deepest condolences to his family, cast mates and colleagues and join his many millions of fans in grieving his untimely passing. He will be dearly missed.”

Re: Young Disney Actor Cameron Boyce Dies At The Age Of 20 by Abkreizi: 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2019
I'm still crying... Rip

(1) (Reply)

Little Orange Seller Melts Heart With His Voice / I’ve No Desire To Marry To Any Man Yet – Diana Asamoah / Ahmed Musa's Daughter Clocks 3 Today (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.