Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,223 members, 7,897,185 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 09:54 AM

Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria (44520 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) / Is UNN The First Nigerian University To Produce An Electric Car? / 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Civastarzy(m): 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2019
Onyekachi419:
Where is the car?
All I see is keke napep

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Habeyy(m): 2:46pm On Jul 09, 2019
Benekruku:
grin grin grin

If I talk, The car will breakdown wherever it is
grin
The name of the car should be Benekruku
Just kidding bro
Kudos for the job
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by UncleJudax(m): 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
NeekolazWorld:
I no fit laugh abeg. I rushed into the thread hoping to see a car and praise God that we are really moving forward but to my greatest surprise I am speechless. So that is what the op called a car in this 2019.
By Nigeria standard, this is not that awful. This is a country that can't even "make" pencils....

Invest in education!
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by IamAtikulate: 2:48pm On Jul 09, 2019
For those condemning the project, this is just a prototype. Nigeria is not interested in design yet but on the principles.

Once we get the principles right, fabrication is just a mere piece of cake.
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by toprealman: 2:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
You guys should stop all this nonsense.
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by izzou(m): 2:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
IamAtikulate:
For those condemning the project, this is just a prototype. Nigeria is not interested in design yet but on the principles.

Once we get the principles right, fabrication is just a mere piece of cake.

The principles are littered all over YouTube and Google. Or is there a new principle they formulated?

Talk another thing, sir

1 Like

Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by wink2015(m): 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
KingMicky3286:
Electric keke?

YOU ARE RIGHT SOMEHOW !

IT LOOKS LIKE AN ELECTRIC KEKE !

SENATOR BEN MURRAY BRUCE THAT HAS BEEN CALLING FOR ELECTRIC CAR MUST BE DANCING AS HIS VISION COME TO LIGHT !

LOL !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by montumonami(m): 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
They should have contacted me to design a nice exterior for them undecided

Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by IamAtikulate: 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2019
izzou:

The principles are littered all over YouTube and Google. Or is there a new principle they formulated?

Talk another thing, sir
Innoson fabricates car, we know that. Proforce fabricates cars also.

The problem is not in the design but implementing the principles.

Principles are mere theories but "tangiblizing" those principles is what matters. Physics has already given us the principles, but it didn't tell us how to implement them.
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by uyibaba: 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2019
The president. His vice. The governors and their deputies.senate president and all senators.all reps members commissioners and ministers with immediate effect purchase as their official car.infact buhari should ride on it during independence day celebration.
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by splendour7(m): 2:56pm On Jul 09, 2019
OgbanjeProphet:
Chai!!!
I refuse to regret being an Igbo, a Biafran Nigerian and an African.

But this is too local to be celebrated. When the whole wide world has gone far at car production, this is what we celebrate here.

Just have a look at the pix bikonu and see why you should stop voting some people for Presidents.
Guy This Is Just A University Project Not A Car Producing Firm...Atleast Applaud Them..
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Enyimbamercedes: 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
I hate to see such show of mediocrity. What i hate even more is when we celebrate it!!!!

This is 2019; we need to start where the current technology is not take us back!!

I do not even know what to call tis monstrosity; Keke napep looking piece of sh*t

Please we can do better. 20 South African Students build a plane which they flew to Egypt; we are building this piece of crap

1 Like

Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 09, 2019
Onyekachi419:
Where is the car?
All I see is keke napep
Carkeh
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by charlesELIKIBA: 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2019
oh lawd...such fuckery of an uglee undecided undecided undecided
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Stingman: 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:
I hate to see such show of mediocrity. What i hate even more is when we celebrate it!!!!

This is 2019; we need to start where the current technology is not take us back!!

I do not even know what to call tis monstrosity; Keke napep looking piece of sh*t

Please we can do better. 20 South African Students build a plane which they flew to Egypt; we are building this piece of crap

Just shut it mister. Have you created anything in your life? Not even a tooth pick.

The project is in principle and the design is confirmed. The vehicle can do 30Km before recharge that's what matters. INNOSON can supply the cover. They just needed to demonstrate the principle. You lazy illiterates need to concentrate in doing what you know best...and leave these things to the academia...You said "we" can do better..You and who. Two other universities were given the same task...where are they?
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by gizmoh27(m): 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
lonelydora:
***singing***

Hail Varsity of Nigeria
My Alma mater...

Great Lions and Lionesses!
Great Agbebites!
Great Powertronites!
Great Franco-ites! (Eni-Njoku)
Great Santa Villa-ites (if it's still existing)

There are only two schools in Nigeria; UNN and Others!

A UNN graduate is naturally ahead of you!

why are u using our slogan?...this "NATURALLY AHEAD" is for only ABU,we dont share

1 Like

Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Jahskid24(m): 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
this keke napep ugly sha
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Ubdavis(m): 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
I don't knw about the engine , but the housing of the so-called car, is almost out of place ...
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by lonelydora: 3:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
gizmoh27:
why are u using our slogan?...this "NATURALLY AHEAD" is for only ABU,we dont share

Says who?
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 09, 2019
OgbanjeProphet:
Chai!!!
I refuse to regret being an Igbo, a Biafran Nigerian and an African.

But this is too local to be celebrated. When the whole wide world has gone far at car production, this is what we celebrate here.

Just have a look at the pix bikonu and see why you should stop voting some people for Presidents.
If you, I and others don't support our own then we will never develop. If the Japanese and the Chinese had follow this assumption of criticism then they wouldn't have been where they are today. Someone researched on transportation and came up with bicycle then another build on it that resulted in motorcycle then afterward car,ship and aeroplane. All these aided movement of people from one place to another. If we don't start from somewhere we will never go far in life. It is better you copy innovation (if permitted) and then build on it to better
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:

If you, I and others don't support our own then we will never develop. If the Japanese and the Chinese had follow this assumption of criticism then they wouldn't have been where they are today. Someone researched on transportation and came up with bicycle then another build on it that resulted in motorcycle then afterward car,ship and aeroplane. All these aided movement of people from one place to another. If we don't start from somewhere we will never go far in life. It is better you copy innovation (if permitted) and then build on it to better
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by bizhop01: 3:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
KEKE
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
montumonami:
They should have contacted me to design a nice exterior for them undecided
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
izzou:

I understand. But they virtually did the basics. People build electric cars from the scratch on YouTube. I expect a university project to be spectacular

If a school with mechanical engineering department can carve this as the body of a car, then I wonder what the local panel beater will present

They could have simply met Innoson or Proforce and fix their mechanism there. It would make so much sense
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by nasoeb: 3:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
This kind thing wey be like tom and jerry
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
emoduameh:
undecided who does their fabrications and they claim to have a world class metallurgical engineering dept SMH
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Enyimbamercedes: 3:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
Stingman:

Just shut it mister. Have you created anything in your life? Not even a tooth pick.

The project is in principle and the design is confirmed. The vehicle can do 30Km before recharge that's what matters. INNOSON can supply the cover. They just needed to demonstrate the principle. You lazy illiterates need to concentrate in doing what you know best...and leave these things to the academia...You said "we" can do better..You and who. Two other universities were given the same task...where are they?

After all you have written, it doesn’t change the fact that the contraption is a piece of sh*t.

Why do I need to make toothpick? That’s not innovative but I see where your mindset is... still on toothpick creation.

I run a company that creates high-resolution maps using high-tech drones. Note...I said high-tech! My cheapest drone is over $30k Unfortunately we do not make drones here so we have to buy them. However we are looking for brilliant minds who we will sponsor in the field of robotics so we can have a home-grown drone industry. So you see ... I am creating something!! Now you tell me... what have you made apart from your silly comment!!!

I wouldn’t even consider any of these people cos this doesn’t show me that they are forward-thinking!!

2 Likes

Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Enyimbamercedes: 4:02pm On Jul 09, 2019
asuustrike1:

That we have to start somewhere doesn’t mean we need to go back to making cars that look like what Henry Ford creates in 1896! This still looks like the CADD mark 2 that the Centre for Automotive Design and Development were making in 1994!!! Between then and now... 25 years and we haven’t moved our design philosophy forward!!!

It is a pile of sh*t!!
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by izzou(m): 4:03pm On Jul 09, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:

After all you have written, it doesn’t change the fact that the contraption is a piece of sh*t.

Why do I need to make toothpick? That’s not innovative but I see where your mindset is... still on toothpick creation.

I run a company that creates high-resolution maps using high-tech drones. Note...I said high-tech! My cheapest drone is over $30k Unfortunately we do not make drones here so we have to buy them. However we are looking for brilliant minds who we will sponsor in the field of robotics so we can have a home-grown drone industry. So you see ... I am creating something!! Now you tell me... why have you made apart from your silly comment!!!

I wouldn’t even consider any of these people cos this doesn’t show me that they are forward-thinking!!

Make I come work for your company naa sad

Nwanne sad

Biko cry
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Info247: 4:04pm On Jul 09, 2019
This is nice shaa but where is, if you want to earn free $25 click here
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Info247: 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2019
Wow, this is amazing. You're too much my dear.
Get free $25 here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Picture Of An Overloaded Car / Man Burnt His SUV To Ashes While Trying To Make A Way For It (Photos, Video) / Will You Buy This 1980 BMW M1 For N275million? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.