Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:39 AM

Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria (44490 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils First Electric Car In Nigeria (Photos, Video) / Is UNN The First Nigerian University To Produce An Electric Car? / 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Kolping: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
Meanwhile, on the same day that this electric "car" was presented to the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Nigeria, the BBC reported this story below. We have a long way to go in order to provide our young ones with the environment and tools to innovate.

South African teens fly from Cape to Cairo in homemade plane
By Mohammed Allie
BBC News, Cape Town
8 July 2019

An aircraft built by South African teenagers has successfully landed in Egypt three weeks after it set off from Cape Town.

The four-seater Sling 4 plane was assembled by a group of 20 students from vastly different backgrounds.

The crew landed in Namibia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Zanzibar, Tanzania and Uganda during the 12,000km (7,455 mile) trip.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-48914418

1 Like

Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by tman14(m): 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
Is it me, or does this 'Car' look sad? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Kolping: 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
South African teens: 'How we built a plane in 10 days'
Twenty South African teenagers have built their own plane and are flying it from Cape Town to Cairo.

With the support of U-Dream Global, an NGO, the teenagers built different parts of the plane including the fuselage and the horizontal and vertical stabilisers.

BBC Africa's children's programme BBC What's New went to find out how they did it.

29 Jun 2019

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-africa-48773018/south-african-teens-how-we-built-a-plane-in-10-days
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by seguun(m): 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2019
If we don't have an established fiberglass fabricating/moulding and working iron smelting factories (with all the iron ore we have) this is what we will continue to have. Assuming we have those factories working, you only need to design your specifications on paper or the computer simulation for them to fabricate out for you in a decent, good looking and proper manner.

Coming up with a so called invention in a sorry work of a welder apprentice-like nature is a turn off before you even want to know what it can perform.
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Kolping: 4:33pm On Jul 09, 2019
We built our own plane and we're flying it from Cape Town to Cairo - BBC What's New?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKzsECp9-WQ
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:

That we have to start somewhere doesn’t mean we need to go back to making cars that look like what Henry Ford creates in 1896! This still looks like the CADD mark 2 that the Centre for Automotive Design and Development were making in 1994!!! Between then and now... 25 years and we haven’t moved our design philosophy forward!!!

It is a pile of sh*t!!

Have you been able to produce yours?
Do you know that the Chinese were copying the western before they became perfect? If you don't start from somewhere they you can never get it
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by nokatakata: 4:35pm On Jul 09, 2019
lol...this is embarrassing. Just a little more effort to put a better outward appearance to this object would have made it look more like a car. This is nothing but a keke napep. Na wetin all of them gather dey snap and celebrate be this? crase dey this country well well.
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by franklingud(m): 4:36pm On Jul 09, 2019
This one na keke na
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by wirinet(m): 4:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:

After all you have written, it doesn’t change the fact that the contraption is a piece of sh*t.

Why do I need to make toothpick? That’s not innovative but I see where your mindset is... still on toothpick creation.

I run a company that creates high-resolution maps using high-tech drones. Note...I said high-tech! My cheapest drone is over $30k Unfortunately we do not make drones here so we have to buy them. However we are looking for brilliant minds who we will sponsor in the field of robotics so we can have a home-grown drone industry. So you see ... I am creating something!! Now you tell me... what have you made apart from your silly comment!!!

I wouldn’t even consider any of these people cos this doesn’t show me that they are forward-thinking!!
I am encouraged and proud of a black man, a Nigerian at that running a high tech company. It a refreshing change from our fixation with the entertainment /sports industry.
Now, your problem highlights the dysfunctionality of our educational system. If we had a functional educational system, someone like your should sponsor UNN's Faculty of Engineering, to research and create a drone specific to your specifications. Instead they are building a caricature of a keke, in the pretense of an electric car. For what purpose the keke was built, I don't know, but it's certainly not for commercial purpose.
Is it possible for you to discuss with UNN faculty of Engineering to see if they possess the skills and knowledge to build your drone?

1 Like

Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by shogsman(m): 4:54pm On Jul 09, 2019
This is poor.
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by wirinet(m): 4:56pm On Jul 09, 2019
asuustrike1:

Do you know that the Chinese were copying the western before they became perfect? If you don't start from somewhere they you can never get it
You said copy. Now, show me the original that this was copied from, even if it was a poor copy.
The Chinese never started by building caricature of western products, else no one would buy them. What the Chinese did was built exact replica, but with cheaper and substandard materials.

1 Like

Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Tecno66: 5:01pm On Jul 09, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Earlier this week, the Director-General of National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC) commended the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) for being the first institution to produce an electric car in the country, according to him, he said, “NADDC on Feb. 6, invited UNN, University of Lagos, Usman Dan Fodio University and Metrological Institute and urged them to prepare a paper design on how to produce an electric car in the country.

“The council is happy that UNN is the first to prepare a paper design and produced electrical car that has been unveiled and test-run today in the university.

“We urge other universities and higher institutions in the country to emulate innovation and technology spirit of UNN.”

Aliyu made the commendation in Nsukka on Monday during the unveiling of a five-seater Electric Car, named ‘Lion Ozumba 551′, produced by the Faculty of Engineering in the university.

While many applauded the gesture for this feat, many are asking, where are the pictures and how sure are we that they really produce any car of such magnitude.

AutoReportNG did a background check and we got some exclusives for you, while we are yet to have a total overview of this car, we applaud the students and the management for taking the right direction while we await on UNILAG and others for their own version.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-psX87jWq7yQ/XSSAgo-YvYI/AAAAAAAAdkU/NWB7HvgWeJo3iKh2EP_CtOE60XKOz49NgCLcBGAs/s1600/UNN_Electric_Car_003_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-ffsSaJUKBdI/XSSAgnbMS6I/AAAAAAAAdkY/yI5PQsaVtPgVGTGhoDAUSLd574TNg7CmQCLcBGAs/s1600/UNN_Electric_Car_001_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-_i_wAgDH2Ao/XSSAgusNIJI/AAAAAAAAdkc/ATCgUxa1kg4f6l_5DAXyxZ20xChEa7guACLcBGAs/s1600/UNN_Electric_Car_002_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-AL6OlAgwzu4/XSSAiJnYapI/AAAAAAAAdkg/Im4NsLNCPc0aUOAIGgxzVqTc-QsSJzCswCLcBGAs/s1600/UNN_Electric_Car_004_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-Jzt08SD6RUc/XSSAilvA8NI/AAAAAAAAdkk/xShcsQi8DrwHKHRHKwfhdzxhnv2PDDupQCLcBGAs/s1600/UNN_Electric_Car_005_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-GVTe2ccuvwg/XSSAj97xygI/AAAAAAAAdks/LxwAk_yO780WJ3uGzHQdCwo0cH42BI1NwCLcBGAs/s1600/UNN_Electric_Car_007_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/07/these-are-photos-of-unns-first-electric.html

Please fire it to Abuja and back, then my comment will follow.
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by tunary(m): 5:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
Benekruku:
grin grin grin

If I talk, The car will breakdown wherever it is
LWKMFHO grin
Benekruku:
grin grin grin

LWKMFHO
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by slivertongue: 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
its just a design. d focus is on 'electric system' as against fuel driven car.once moni is deployed u wil see a beta car
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
wirinet:

You said copy. Now, show me the original that this was copied from, even if it was a poor copy.
The Chinese never started by building caricature of western products, else no one would buy them. What the Chinese did was built exact replica, but with cheaper and substandard materials.
Mr man Chinese were copying from the west before they became perfect. Learn to appreciate your own before another takes it from you.
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by tunary(m): 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2019
What is this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by wirinet(m): 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2019
asuustrike1:

Mr man Chinese were copying from the west before they became perfect. Learn to appreciate your own before another takes it from you.
They are still copying from the west as the Chinese are not yet innovative technologically. I asked if this was how the Chinese were copying western products that they exported to the rest of the world.
Show me examples of such copied products that resembled a caricature.
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by wirinet(m): 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
slivertongue:
its just a design. d focus is on 'electric system' as against fuel driven car.once moni is deployed u wil see a beta car
You mean to tell me that a keke shaped design that was already in the market is all they could come up with. For your information, designs can be bought from car designers abroad.

1 Like

Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by galadima77(m): 5:56pm On Jul 09, 2019
Benekruku:
grin grin grin

You better not talk o!!! We know exactly what you wanna say... Let's just swallow for peace to reign.

Lmao
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by galadima77(m): 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
tunary:
What is this

hahahahahahahahahahaha

haba na! Must you say it? Let them bask in the glory na
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
izzou:
grin

Instead of this ugly tin of sardine
UNN could have simply met Innoson to provide the car while they design whatever mechanism it's supposed to have

This stuff isn't presentable for a prestigious school as UNN

Kudos though

My point exactly. Even a hustler like Innoson who came up through the streets, can do much better than this.

Our universities are full of plagiarists and daydreamers. That's why they offered the graduates dispatch-rider jobs the other day and they were so happy with it because of the 200k salary.
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by isaacola57: 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Celebrating greatness... Still waiting for UNILAG..

See more of the photos and the test run video here

https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/07/these-are-photos-of-unns-first-electric.html
unilag has done one already it's called dove it was on Lynda lkeji blog
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by kristo123: 6:31pm On Jul 09, 2019
UNN can do better this na, All these Professors of engineering is this what they could come up with. look at the body work self ... Am not impressed.
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by isaacola57: 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2019
Three students from unilag made an electric car called dove..
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Enyimbamercedes: 6:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
asuustrike1:

If we all produce what we use, there’ll be no market!!! I do not need to produce a car; I only need to have money to buy one and I wouldn’t buy this piece of sh*t even if it was 50kobo!!

So who are we copying with this piece of sh*t? Fred Flintstone??

You haven’t made any valid point. I don’t have time for this debate till you make some points that are actually debatable!
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by montumonami(m): 7:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
Well said
asuustrike1:

If you, I and others don't support our own then we will never develop. If the Japanese and the Chinese had follow this assumption of criticism then they wouldn't have been where they are today. Someone researched on transportation and came up with bicycle then another build on it that resulted in motorcycle then afterward car,ship and aeroplane. All these aided movement of people from one place to another. If we don't start from somewhere we will never go far in life. It is better you copy innovation (if permitted) and then build on it to better
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by nerus419(m): 7:54pm On Jul 09, 2019
They can work in collaboration with Innoson motors to improve the innovation
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 09, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:

If we all produce what we use, there’ll be no market!!! I do not need to produce a car; I only need to have money to buy one and I wouldn’t buy this piece of sh*t even if it was 50kobo!!

You haven’t made any valid point. I don’t have time for this debate till you make some points that are actually debatable!
The imported product you are using were at this stage but you rarely see their citizens ranting like you did. They supported their own and that is why they were able to come out with finished goods that you are enjoying today. Africans should learn to support their own instead of this Pull Him Syndrome
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 09, 2019
wirinet:

They are still copying from the west as the Chinese are not yet innovative technologically. I asked if this was how the Chinese were copying western products that they exported to the rest of the world.
Show me examples of such copied products that resembled a caricature.
You go and study how the Chinese started and how they were able to penetrate the European market. Google should assist you
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by gizmoh27(m): 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2019
lonelydora:

Says who?
SIR AHMADU BELLY
Re: Photos of The UNN's First Electric Car In Nigeria by AutoReportNG: 10:14pm On Jul 09, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:

You sound like someone who is well read, exposed and innovative... Do you mind we partner with your company on this drone technology you talking a bout? It will be great to widen our horizon and break new frontals.

Regards

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Picture Of An Overloaded Car / Man Burnt His SUV To Ashes While Trying To Make A Way For It (Photos, Video) / Will You Buy This 1980 BMW M1 For N275million? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.