Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,891 members, 7,915,569 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 07:10 AM

COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon (71525 Views)

Peak Milk Apologises To Christians Over ‘ Offensive’ Easter Advert / Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion / Ese Walter Of COZA Sex Scandal Separates From Husband (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Kingosytex(m): 11:51am On Jul 10, 2019
olayinka63:

Just give example or a link to where your claim has happen. Why justifying immoral act with an excuse? Your pastor cause abuse on himself and Christianity and you are still defending his bad character. Shame on you and others above

Oga, the internet is there for your service. punch and premium times have a lot of such stories.

Better still, search it on nairaland, you will be amazed.

for your info, i don't support rape whether the person involved is a pastor, imam or an alfa

1 Like

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by joseph1832(m): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Bro, free press and freedom of expression go hand in hand. The right to free expression is actually one of the qualities of free press. By censoring people's right to use the social media as they deem fit, you're limiting free press by proxy.

As for the bolded, there are laws set aside to tackle libels and slanders, and the last time I checked, they work just fine.
and you don't think people using social media as they seem fit can't be harmful, especially if they post lies? Better when we don't know who post those lies?

How can the laws set aside to tackle libel and slander work just fine when those who commit it are anonymous?
KoiceReloaded:

All the more reason you should advocate for free press. This present government used the advantage their position gave them to mute their rivals and spread propaganda.
I advocate for free press, only when it's coming from a reliable source, not a questionable source.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by lagosinnovator: 12:02pm On Jul 10, 2019
Kingosytex:
I just thank and appreciate the ALMIGHTY GOD for christianity.

Its a pity!! The editor deserve what he got.

Many imams and alfas have been accused of raping minors even in the mosque, so the question is:

has the editor ever used a cartoon of a man urinating on the quran to buttress his point? The answer is a NO...

That Christians are peace loving doesn't mean we are fools!!!
The sins of Imams and those lazy alfas in remote area is worser. Every bad deed must be treated properly. The church is open to prosecuting bad eggs. it is a good way of creating decency in the church
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by asamaigho(m): 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:
The Punch management are idiots.
They sacked brilliant editors because some snowflakes expressed outrage over an instructive illustration.
Shame on Punch.

brilliant yet he couldnt pass his message without offending people in a religious manner.
he is a fool....if it was quran he would have indirectly kille! people.
he is a dunce...serves him right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by nwanyionitsha: 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2019
Kingosytex:
I just thank and appreciate the ALMIGHTY GOD for christianity.

Its a pity!! The editor deserve what he got.

Many imams and alfas have been accused of raping minors even in the mosque, so the question is:

has the editor ever used a cartoon of a man urinating on the quran to buttress his point? The answer is a NO...

That Christians are peace loving doesn't mean we are fools!!!
If it was the Koran in the cartoon, the heads wey for dey ground now......
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by nnokwa042(m): 12:28pm On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:

I have never read a story where worshippers defend an Imam against a criminal act.
I can bet you that the reason these editors were sacked is that there are some fanatics
among the management, nothing to do with Nigeria being a religious country because
media houses get away with everything in Nigeria.
if that bible was koran what do you think will be happening now around northern nigeria and some parts of kwara and other muslim coutries?you defender of the universe

1 Like

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
joseph1832:
and you don't think people using social media as they seem fit can't be harmful, especially if they post lies? Better when we don't know who post those lies?

How can the laws set aside to tackle libel and slander work just fine when those who commit it are anonymous?
I advocate for free press, only when it's coming from a reliable source, not a questionable source.

Bro, you don't seem to understand the intricacies of the criminal justice. There is always a scapegoat.

Now lemme go technical; every blogger has an IP address, and blogging platform. In the instance a blogger penned and posted a libellous content anonymously, the object of the libel can sue via the following procedures:

- By obtaining a court sanctioned warrant to trace the IP address of the offender.
- By sending a letter of intent to the platform/company of the blogger to (i) reveal the identity of the blogger (ii) shut down the website of the blogger permanently, (iii) all of the above, (iv) failure to comply with (i) & (ii) would invite lawsuit from the object of the libel.

The platform will be forced to reveal the identity of the blogger or risk their business fidelity to a damning libel lawsuit.

There is always someone/something to sue. Lady law has everything covered.

The bolded defeats the very essence of free press. Free press should come unfiltered and raw, since there are laws to tackle the decayed elements.

1 Like

Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Xisnin(m): 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2019
nnokwa042:
if that bible was koran what do you think will happening now around northern nigeria some parts of kwara and other muslim coutries?you defender of the universe
What is bad is bad, I don't need to compare two wrongs to condemn both.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by tsinzu: 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:

I have never read a story where worshippers defend an Imam against a criminal act.
I can bet you that the reason these editors were sacked is that there are some fanatics
among the management, nothing to do with Nigeria being a religious country because
media houses get away with everything in Nigeria.
He should thank his stars it was the Bible he did that with, If he tried it with the Koran, he will either be dead now or in exile. What he did was very insensitive
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by joseph1832(m): 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Bro, you don't seem to understand the intricacies of the criminal justice. There is always a scapegoat.

Now lemme go technical; every blogger has an IP address, and blogging platform. In the instance a blogger penned and posted a libellous content anonymously, the object of the libel can sue via the following procedures:

- By obtaining a court sanctioned warrant to trace the IP address of the offender.
- By sending a letter of intent to the platform/company of the blogger to (i) reveal the identity of the blogger (ii) shut down the website of the blogger permanently, (iii) all of the above, (iv) failure to comply with (i) & (ii) would invite lawsuit from the object of the libel.

The platform will be forced to reveal the identity of the blogger or risk their business fidelity to a damning libel lawsuit.

There is always someone/something to sue. Lady law has everything covered.

The bolded defeats the very essence of free press. Free press should come unfiltered and raw, since there are laws to tackle the decayed elements.
can same be applied in sites such as Nairaland, Twitter or Instagram?
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 10, 2019
joseph1832:
can same be applied in sites such as Nairaland, Twitter or Instagram?

Absolutely. Even if a company legally fortify themselves, like Nairaland that fortified itself legally by putting up a disclaimer that states, and I quote "Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.", the law permits you to sue them anyway, and between a good lawyer and sympathetic jury, who knows, you might even win.

However, social media heavyweights like Twitter and Facebook owned Instagram will throw their bigshot attorneys at you, and unless you have the money to drag out a meaningless lawsuit, you'd be best served to leave well alone. The best they can do for you is to permanently delete the offenders account, but only if the offender goes against their own rules and regulations.

Your best bet in this scenerio is to trace the offender legally via his Internet Provider/ISP address, and serve him his court papers in person.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by joseph1832(m): 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Absolutely. Even if a company legally fortify themselves, like Nairaland that fortified itself legally by putting up a disclaimer that states, and I quote "Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.", the law permits you to sue them anyway, and between a good lawyer and sympathetic jury, who knows, you might even win.

However, social media heavyweights like Twitter and Facebook owned Instagram will throw their bigshot attorneys at you, and unless you have the money to drag out a meaningless lawsuit, you'd be best served to leave well alone. The best they can do for you is to permanently delete the offenders account, but only if the offender goes against their own rules and regulations.

Your best bet in this scenerio is to trace the offender legally via his Internet Provider/ISP address, and serve him his court papers in person.
How can you trace the offender legally without hacking the website?

I'm still saying the intricacies involve makes it very tasking. It's the sole reason why people post whatever they like, and say whatever they want.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 10, 2019
joseph1832:
How can you trace the offender legally without hacking the website?

I'm still saying the intricacies involve makes it very tasking. It's the sole reason why people post whatever they like, and say whatever they want.

That is not how Internet Protocol (IP) works, bro. It's actually pretty simple to trace a person's location using their IP address. If they are using VPN to mask their location, then you go through their ISP which stands for Internet Service Provider. To validate your case, you need do this legally, which entails getting a court sanctioned go-ahead, alright? There is no website hacking involved.

In regards to the bolded, that's the beauty of democracy (however flawed it is), isn't it? Would you rather we're in military regime? Would that make you happier?
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by joseph1832(m): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

That is not how Internet Protocol (IP) works, bro. It's actually pretty simple to trace a person's location using their IP address. If they are using VPN to mask their location, then you go through their ISP which stands for Internet Service Provider. To validate your case, you need do this legally, which entails getting a court sanctioned go-ahead, alright? There is no website hacking involved.

In regards to the bolded, that's the beauty of democracy (however flawed it is), isn't it? Would you rather we're in military regime? Would that make you happier?
Yes I would. This democracy is a sham. The civilian have shown they're far worse than the military.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 10, 2019
joseph1832:
Yes I would. This democracy is a sham. The civilian have shown they're far worse than the military.

Well, the majority of us don't, and thank God for saner minds.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by joseph1832(m): 6:55pm On Jul 10, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Well, the majority of us don't, and thank God for saner minds.
you don't live in Nigeria, do you? Saner minds you say? Dude don't get me started.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2019
joseph1832:
you don't live in Nigeria, do you? Saner minds you say? Dude don't get me started.

I have relatives in Nigeria.

Yes, I reiterate, saner minds. Any person that would rather a military dictatorship over what we have now in Nigeria cannot really be taken seriously. Adios.
Re: COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon by joseph1832(m): 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

I have relatives in Nigeria.

Yes, I reiterate, saner minds. Any person that would rather a military dictatorship over what we have now in Nigeria cannot really be taken seriously. Adios.
dude you're a joke. A real joke. Amidst the kidnapping, terrorism, massive looting, gross ineptitude, killing, maiming and Nigeria being labeled the poverty capital of the world, you're saying "what we have now".

Anybody who really believes we're better like this deserve and date with 1000 slap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.