Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,534 members, 7,921,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 04:19 PM

Hajj: To Do Only One Or Multiple? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hajj: To Do Only One Or Multiple? (3331 Views)

1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures / Unidentified Woman Dies During Hajj Pilgrimage In Saudi Arabia. Photo / Unidentified Woman Who Died During Hajj Trip To Mecca (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hajj: To Do Only One Or Multiple? by Lukgaf(m): 7:43am On Jul 12, 2019
Praise be to Allaah.

With regard to what is obligatory, Hajj is only required once in a lifetime. It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) addressed us and said: “O people, Allaah has enjoined Hajj on you, so perform Hajj.” A man said: “Is it every year, O Messenger of Allaah?” He remained silent until (the man) said it three times. Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If I said yes it would be obligatory and you would not be able to do it.” Then he said: “Be content what I leave with you, for those who came before you were destroyed because they asked too many questions and argued with their Prophets. If I tell you to do something then do as much of it as you can, and if I tell you not to do something then abstain from it.” Narrated by Muslim, 1337.

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that al-Aqra’ ibn Haabis asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “O Messenger of Allaah, is Hajj every year or just once?” He said: “It is only once, and whoever does more than that, it is a voluntary (act of worship).” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 1721; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

With regard to what is preferable, the more a Muslim does of Hajj, the better, even if he can do Hajj every year. There are reports which encourage doing Hajj a great deal, such as the following:

1 – It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked: which deed is best? He said: “Believing in Allaah and His Messenger.” He was asked: Then what? He said: “Jihad for the sake of Allaah.” He was asked: Then what? He said: “An accepted Hajj.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 26; Muslim, 83.

2 – It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whoever does Hajj for the sake of Allaah, and does not utter any obscenity or commit any immoral action, will go back (sinless) as on the day his mother bore him.” (al-Bukhaari, 1449; Muslim, 1350).

3 – It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Make the Hajj and ‘Umrah follow each other closely, for they remove poverty and sins as the bellows removes the dross of iron, gold and silver, and an accepted Hajj brings no less a reward than Paradise.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 810; al-Nasaa’i, 2631. Classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 1200.

And Allaah knows best.

Source: Islam QA

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hajj: To Do Only One Or Multiple? by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:53am On Jul 12, 2019
Today is yawm Al-Jumu'ah [friday] 9th Of DHUL QADAH 1440 Hijriyyah. 09 - 11 -1440AH #CountingOfTheSultan.

Know the Islamic date.

Credits:AbuUbayy1.

2 Likes

Re: Hajj: To Do Only One Or Multiple? by AbuuBilaal(m): 9:33am On Jul 12, 2019
JazaakumuLLaahu khayraa
Re: Hajj: To Do Only One Or Multiple? by Wealthyone: 9:52am On Jul 12, 2019
Alhamdulilah.
Re: Hajj: To Do Only One Or Multiple? by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:45am On Jul 12, 2019
lilfreezy:
"I believe that there no Allah but God."
"I believe that Jesus Christ is God's Holy Son."
"I believe that Christianity is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, I throw Maggi for woman Yansh."

All y'all stop wasting our forex going to foreign lands to go slam your foreheads. Just slam the pathetic thing here in Nigeria instead of wasting forex. And government should stop subsidizing this fruitless crap angry

You people pray too much still you don't have sense

Truly your post spills sense. I think you are a dingbat for failing to see that "JP" is available for Christians too.
As for head Slamming that you claim, Jesus, Ezra, Moses, etc were all head Slammers too.

Here is where Jesus head slammed the Lord in the Bible:

Mathew 26:39 New International Version
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed...
Re: Hajj: To Do Only One Or Multiple? by true2god: 11:15am On Jul 12, 2019
Keep enriching the Saudi religious tourism industry. When will black-men get sense? Why waste resources on a trip that adds no value to the people and the society except to boost ones ego, and a gives one a false sense of moral and religious fulfillment?

The world's poorest countries spend more money going for hajj and Jerusalem than wealthy countries hence increasing the poverty rate in their countries.
Re: Hajj: To Do Only One Or Multiple? by JeromeBlack: 12:12pm On Jul 12, 2019
true2god:
Keep enriching the Saudi religious tourism industry. When will black-men get sense? Why waste resources on a trip that adds no value to the people and the society except to boost ones ego, and a gives one a false sense of moral and religious fulfillment?

The world's poorest countries spend more money going for hajj and Jerusalem than wealthy countries hence increasing the poverty rate in their countries.

The funny thing is that Arabs treat Nigerians as inferior at times.
Re: Hajj: To Do Only One Or Multiple? by true2god: 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2019
JeromeBlack:

The funny thing is that Arabs treat Nigerians as inferior at times.
I can never spend a dime going to Jerusalem thereby enriching the Jews and boost their tourism industry in the name of religion. I can go there for business and nothing more. These people (The Arabs and the Jews) do not care about the black people.

(1) (Reply)

Excellence Of Martyrdom / How To Remove Demonic Attack With The QURAN And SUNNAH / Why Do Muslims Pray 5 Times A Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.