Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,350 members, 7,881,294 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:03 PM

Gej's Latest Facebook Update - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej's Latest Facebook Update (6252 Views)

This Is The Last Facebook Update Of Ukeoma Favour Before He Was Killed... / Nigerians React To GEJ Facebook Update. / Goodluck Jonathan- Latest Facebook Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by oluite(f): 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2010
Hi_Tek:

I think people blaming GEJ for being on Facebook are missing the point. Most world leaders are now on Facebook or Twitter or both. In fact, CNN recently commended GEJ for having a large friend base on Facebook (more than 280K).

The question should be "Why is GEJ not on Nairaland?". He should practice what he preaches by joining a Nigerian forum instead of a foreign one like Facebook. The same goes for every Nigerian politician on Facebook. If GEJ joins NL, most of those 280K friends will follow him.
interesting!hmmn if we had a system that worked that will be welcome but if that happens now i wont be surprised if the site is commandeered from the site owner!
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by chines4(m): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2010
GEJ campaign team pls let the president register in Nairaland that's local content grin
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by Ayatullah(m): 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2010
[size=8pt]@Beaf, you will continue to f , l yourself with your blind support for Jonathan. SAYSO has said it all in his post. I ask you Mr. know all:
What did Jonathan know about culture. Can the president defend the cloth and cap he is wearing. History will show it that, that cloth and cap has nothing to do with Nigerian tradition, but a relic of the Portuguese.
[/size]
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by alexleo(m): 4:42pm On Oct 12, 2010
you people are here hitting your head on the wall over a man who has spent few months as president. Expecting him to build a country that took several years to be destroyed in few months. Is he a miracle worker? And some lazy people are here talking about 26 year old who established facebook. What stops you from establishing your own? Is nairaland not owned by a Nigerian like you? Keep waiting for government to spoon feed you. Those of us who graduated from the university and are employers of labour today did we wait for government? Keep deceiving yourselves and heaping all your woes on GEJ instead of being awake to realities of life.
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by lekanbar(m): 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ok ohhh, we have heard enough of all this undecided

http:///qvG1
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by Dozzy3(m): 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2010
Just wondering-
1.As faceless a this forum is, how do you know GEJ and numerous other politicians ain't here ?
2.They remain anonymous because NL can teach a saint how to insult and yab you till your self esteem fades tongue
3. Can u imagine Seun or any other moderator banning say GEJ or IBB? grin
4.Believe it or not Seun would be bought over and ban as many as anybody who says B.S about his political godfather shocked
5, ,.,.,. or as in 4 above, he will be haunted by EFCC for illegally having embezzled a certain fund ( probably less than N300,000) and be sent to jail for like 10 years! or them go just say na senior yahoo yahoo him dey do cheesy
6.I dey too think plenty things 4 my head, abeg i wan go sleep.
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by Beaf: 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ayatullah:

[size=8pt]@Beaf, you will continue to f , l yourself with your blind support for Jonathan. SAYSO has said it all in his post. I ask you Mr. know all:
What did Jonathan know about culture. Can the president defend the cloth and cap he is wearing. History will show it that, that cloth and cap has nothing to do with Nigerian tradition, but a relic of the Portuguese.
[/size]

Sharap dia!!! Buffoon.
I support GEJ without regret, but if you want comedy, click this link; http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ibrahim-Babangida/132555112192
If clicking scares the crap out of a caveman like you, here's a funny as hell snapshot of your idol's facebook wall. grin grin grin grin

Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by Meldrick(m): 5:10pm On Oct 12, 2010
Ayatullah:

[/size]

Who is this one again with this weird comment?

Beaf:

Sharap dia!!! Buffoon.
I support GEJ without regret, but if you want comedy, click this link; http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ibrahim-Babangida/132555112192
If clicking scares the crap out of a caveman like you, here's a funny as hell snapshot of your idol's facebook wall. grin grin grin grin
you are right. Real buffoon
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by HiTek1: 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2010
@ Beaf,

That was funny. But on a serious note, what you have there is not IBB's real Facebook page. His Facebook page is here:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ibrahim-Badamasi-Babangida/16770650357

My problem with IBB's Facebook strategy is that he relies mainly on press releases, newspaper reports and campaign videos instead of talking to his followers directly.
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by IbnAbdul1: 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2010
@solozzo, true talk.@mortiple, its pres GEJ, JEGA is4 INEC.lol@chine4,Hum a change of heart?@ayatullah, dats so funi! Do u hve any proof?lol.@alexleo,nobody says he shld perform any magic trick, dat would hve been cool though. I tink u shld tkee out sum time nd re read mortiples' comment nd undastand wat mkes a true leader, Nd u say he's been in office not long rite? Butt its d same time a govt official can loot d whole funds 4rm d country rite? If u r dedicated, u do not need 8years nd lotsa noise,
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by aikuda(m): 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2010
What is our 26yrs old doing?, waiting for Government to do everything for them?

Flawed Judicial system, is the President head of Judicial Council?

Is the President lecturers that sells Hand Outs instead of lecturing. Or Students that sorts instead of reading. Etc

Every Nigerian is busy blaming leadership( Not that they don't have the major share of the problem), but we are equally the problem. Presidency can not rig election if not with some( or better still a lot of) Nigerians help and input.

Let start from saying no corruption, short cut, selfish interest, chop I chop, National cake, Its my turn to eat. etc.

Lets try and Vote come 2011, and equally guide and protect our votes. Be good even when every other person is bad( Its not easy ooo, but we can try). I believe in the Nigeria project, what about you?

You took the words out of my mouth. Much as I understand the people blaming the leadership, we often forget that we the followers have a role to play.
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by jedisco(m): 6:04pm On Oct 12, 2010
Why cant some folks think straight. If you study the problem in nigeria you will discover it started way back and it involves some people who never thought of handiling power. Since 1960 everybody keeps blaming 'government' as if it is a person.
I can assure you that most people blaming the leaders would turn out worse if given the opportunity and yet they keep talking while foreigners keep making money in nigeria

shut up work hard and stop complaining while your mates keep making money from thesame 'failed country'
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by flyuche(m): 7:36pm On Oct 12, 2010
when will GEJ open a nairaland account cheesy
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by eros(m): 7:41pm On Oct 12, 2010
flyuche:

when will GEJ open a nairaland account cheesy

Good question. Why should he have a facebook account and not a nairaland account. Talk about promoting Nigeria Made
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by Parnassuss(m): 8:27pm On Oct 12, 2010
eros:

Good question. Why should he have a facebook account and not a nairaland account. Talk about promoting Nigeria Made

You don kill the talk bury am. GEJ, practice what you preach.

alexleo:

you people are here hitting your head on the wall over a man who has spent few months as president. Expecting him to build a country that took several years to be destroyed in few months. Is he a miracle worker? And some lazy people are here talking about 26 year old who established facebook. What stops you from establishing your own? Is nairaland not owned by a Nigerian like you? Keep waiting for government to spoon feed you. Those of us who graduated from the university and are employers of labour today did we wait for government? Keep deceiving yourselves and heaping all your woes on GEJ instead of being awake to realities of life.

Fella, ure right in the enboldened are, however can u really say that the problem of Nigeria is the youth's laziness, cos i know that would not fly in ANY debate circle. I won't even try to give instances to back my claim, whereever you are, just look closely at the 'unfortunates' and tell me u really bliv the theory you just shared!
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by wine4dguy: 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2010
gej no try at all amin does he think all nigerians knows about fakebook this portrays that he doesnt have the statues of his people in mind
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by Beaf: 8:37pm On Oct 12, 2010
wine4dguy:

gej no try at all amin does he think all nigerians knows about fakebook this portrays that he doesnt have the statues of his people in mind

Why should he? Do you think he is an idol worshipper? grin
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by ebunma: 9:18pm On Oct 12, 2010
Goodluck have never spent two year as nigeria president and you are passing this judgement, then what would you say to the past presidents, we are the one that need to change to change this country.
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by oiseworld: 9:58pm On Oct 12, 2010
These Nigerians can never be satisfied. Goodluck has not even spent up to 8months in power, power of which he came by the grace of GOD. and you are all here complaining.

can't we for once thank GOD we have a president who has a conscience. he might not be perfect like we all are not. but he keeps reminding us that he understands our needs and need our support to solve this problems.

i think the problem with most of us is that we have lost every sense of hope for our father land. we see only what has not been done and not the opportunities that surround us. i believe in this country and the leadership of GEJ. may God help him.
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by naijaway(m): 10:53pm On Oct 12, 2010
Goodluck Nigeria is not the same as goodluck to Nigeria. The latter comes first and needs to be prayed for more. If it were about name, some peoples name are godspower, etc. A great intellect can bring goodluck to Nigeria. If we are to stick to our cultures, some people campaigning names would be ebele nigeria, ribadu nigeria, babaginda nigeria, buhari nigeria, etc pratice what you preach not only when it suits you.
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by toorich: 11:22pm On Oct 12, 2010
complains! complains!! complains!!! who or what is Nigeria? - YOU! YOU!! YOU!!! But it is easy to point fingers to the other man; the government; the economy; the corruption; the injustice; the inadequacies; now its facebook, YOU the Nigerian is the fundamental problem, let him who have no sin cast the first stone!!!!!!
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by Beaf: 11:32pm On Oct 12, 2010
naijaway:

Goodluck Nigeria is not the same as goodluck to Nigeria. The latter comes first and needs to be prayed for more. If it were about name, some peoples name are godspower, etc. A great intellect can bring goodluck to Nigeria. If we are to stick to our cultures, some people campaigning names would be ebele nigeria,[s] ribadu nigeria, babaginda nigeria, buhari nigeria, etc [/s] pratice what you preach not only when it suits you.

Na!

It is;

[size=33pt]Goodluck Nigeria![/size]
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by aminalib(f): 12:51am On Oct 13, 2010
im sorry that is so ghetto, why can't he have his own website? ur the president and posting messages on facebook undecided ok
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by lastpage: 12:54am On Oct 13, 2010
President Jonathan is responsible for all the ills of our society!
He is also responsible for people who dont clean their toilets or wash their bedsheets!!
Bunkum! Every little thing, blame the President!

Why dont we remove the "log" in our eye before trying to remove the speck in his eye?

Is it Jonathan that throws rubbish inside drainage, thereby causing flooding?
Is it Jonathan that imports fake drugs and fake spare-parts? (from China and Japan)
Is it Jonathan that is manipulating the share price of companies or the balance sheet of banks?
Is it Jonathan that sells handouts to students or bribe lecturers, for pass  grades?
Is it Jonathan that hoards fuel or hike price at your local bus stop?
Is it Jonathan that "roger on the road" at every corner (or your family members in the Police?)
Is it Jonathan that collects a bag of rice and cast his vote for "another Evil one" at the polls?
Is it Jonathan that carry cutlass and main people at the polling station? Or is it his children grin

Is it Jonathan that  (l can go on for a life time)!

Finally, is it Jonathan that will sit on his/her sorry-arse instead of coming out em-masse to protest injustice and oppression?
Is it Jonathan that turned "all of us" into INTERNET WARRIORS grin tongue tongue tongue

Abeg, find something useful to do, get a life! angry angry
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by HiTek1: 1:07am On Oct 13, 2010
aminalib:

im sorry that is so ghetto, why can't he have his own website? your the president and posting messages on facebook undecided ok

Please people, Facebook is no longer an exclusive site for college kids.

The German Chancellor - Angela Merkel is on Facebook
The British Prime Minister - David Cameron is on Facebook
The South African President - Jacob Zuma is on Facebook

Here is a paragraph from a recent article on CNN.com:

At over 246,000 and counting, he (Goodluck Jonathan) has more Facebook fans than the combined tally of British Prime Minister David Cameron, German chancellor Angela Merkel, and South African head of state Jacob Zuma.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-10-01/tech/goodluck.jonathan.facebook.profile_1_facebook-fans-popular-social-networking-site-nigerian-president?_s=PM:TECH
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by chines4(m): 1:13am On Oct 13, 2010
Finally, is it Jonathan that will sit on his/her sorry-arse instead of coming out em-masse to protest injustice and oppression?
Is it Jonathan that turned "all of us" into INTERNET WARRIORS

I like that grin
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by madprof(m): 1:48am On Oct 13, 2010
Goodluck Ebele Facebook Jonathan grin grin grin
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by 4Play(m): 5:19am On Oct 13, 2010
If he wants to promote all things Nigerian, why not leave Facebook, a US site, and start posting on a Naija site such as Nairaland?  grin
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by Nobody: 5:21am On Oct 13, 2010
4 Play:

If he wants to promote all things Nigerian, why not leave Facebook, a US site, and start posting on a Naija site such as Nairaland?  grin

Amen. ROTFL!

But the dude is smart. NL is a no man's land grin grin grin I seriously think that some of these politicians read NL [seeing as they employ some posters to support them]
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by ODIBABA1: 5:58am On Oct 13, 2010
Goodluck Jonathan is airhead, totally clueless. He is only there to cover Obasanjo ass and prevent him from going to jail for his atrocities. Nigeria is doomed.
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by sayso: 6:54am On Oct 13, 2010
so una don start again today?There is a topic on NL front page that said FAKEBOOK.Enriching foreigners and Nigerians are finding it hard to stand on their own.Let him bring his 260k fans to NL and make Nigerian made site rich through site traffic.
Re: Gej's Latest Facebook Update by Abeskey: 7:12am On Oct 13, 2010
We seem to like short cut in Nigeria.The situation in which this country finds itself started more than 50 years ago.Yet we expect a sudden turn around of events as if it's gonna come like a miracle.What we need is a chain of good leaders who can turn the fortune of this country around over time.The situation of this country is enough to confuse anybody.It's easier to destroy than to build.
Lets be a bit patient and constructive.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Annoying Trend "I Schooled In France" / Anambra APC State Congress Didn't Hold - Donatus Okonkwo / Scene Of The Attack On Ex-Air Force Chief, Alex Badeh (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.