Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:50 AM

Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) (43251 Views)

Beautiful Cities In Rivers State. (photos). / Homelessness In The USA / Nigerian Air Force Plane Crashes In Kaduna State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by WhoBeThisMan: 6:55pm On Jul 16, 2019
Fhemmmy:
Can it be a sign of migration from the village to the city at a rate that is ridiculous, can it be sign of people dumping farming for what they don't know?
any how you look at it, that also means farming is not as lucriative anymore
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Fhemmmy: 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2019
WhoBeThisMan:

OK sir, at least kidnapping is . . . So have fun doing such!
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by WhoBeThisMan: 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2019
merits:

Abeg tell them oooo,cuz they keep on saying 9ja bad,while most of them had never even cross border.

That's why travelling is also part pf learning.
only that this is not a slum, nor is it a ghetto, it is a new development along "major" roads

1 Like

Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Redman44(m): 7:01pm On Jul 16, 2019
Fhemmmy:

Again, all i am saying is this . . .If you depend on someone that can't help you, what do you do? Move on and help yourself. The government don't have what it takes to help no one, Nigerian politics is not a "Help the masses" kinda people, but grab all you can while you are there.
But this is not for us to talk about politics but to talk of moving forward by grabbing the bulls by the horn, no one will help NO ONE, so i have to help myself and you need to do same for yourself
However, if the government turn around and decide to help, great!
A government that for decades can't even provide the people with basic light?

@ Fhemmmy, you are making a lot of sense on this thread. I hope Nigerians will adopt your ideas and way of thinking and stay back in their States of Origin to engage in useful ventures. People are not thinking deep at all. In this era of globalization, youths in Villages can order for small machines from Asia and start making food products they can sell in their vicinity. To an extent, electricity is sometimes better in the rural areas as there are no industries in these places. Farming can still take care of the needs of people in the rural areas. People can get seeds from IITA and other Agriculture research institutes and start vegetable farms in their villages. They can then come together to transport the vegetables to the markets in the big cities. There is enough land for them to use and even if they don't own land, they can rent land for small amounts of money from families that own the land. People should start learning to do for themselves smiley smiley smiley. The internet is there for them to research business ideas they can work in their States of Origin. Accommodation and cost of living is cheaper in those interior areas. Why don't people build good lives in the other states, rather than coming to Lagos to come and suffer sad sad sad sad?
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Fhemmmy: 7:05pm On Jul 16, 2019
Redman44:

@ Fhemmmy, you are making a lot of sense on this thread. I hope Nigerians will adopt your ideas and way of thinking and stay back in their States of Origin to engage in useful ventures. People are not thinking deep at all. In this era of globalization, youths in Villages can order for small machines from Asia and start making food products they can sell in their vicinity. To an extent, electricity is sometimes better in the rural areas as there are no industries in these places. Farming can still take care of the needs of people in the rural areas. People can get seeds from IITA and other Agriculture research institutes and start vegetable farms in their villages. They can then come together to transport the vegetables to the markets in the big cities. There is enough land for them to use and even if they don't own land, they can rent land for small amounts of money from families that own the land. People should start learning to do for themselves smiley smiley smiley. The internet is there for them to research business ideas they can work in their States of Origin. Accommodation and cost of living is cheaper in those interior areas. Why don't people build good lives in the other states, rather than coming to Lagos to come and suffer sad sad sad sad?

That is all i have been preaching all along MY brother . . . BUT many will rather wait on the government till they are old and gray. . . .The opportunities in rural is endless BUT people refuse to see it, but as long as human see issues instead of opportunities, they will always pay homage to the slave masters

1 Like

Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by bilulu(m): 7:06pm On Jul 16, 2019
lanetrips:
I think some of these areas are construction sites hence the workers sleep at the sites who only go to their respective homes on weekends wash,spread and wear their clothes there.
see them justifying failure. Can't you condemn what's bad? how will things change when we continue to justify failure?
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Redman44(m): 7:14pm On Jul 16, 2019
WhoBeThisMan:

Mr Man, who told you farming in Nigeria is not lucrative anymore? No matter how much food is imported into Nigeria, farmers will still sell their food and make profits. Have you visited Poultry farms along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway and asked the owners of those farms if they have ever regretted going into Poultry farming? Agriculture is a blessing from God. The soil will give back to you what you sow in it. Animal husbandry and crop production are viable business lines. Food Production is also viable. No matter how much you earn, whether you are unemployed or underemployed or jobless, you must surely eat something. You must drink something too- Cold drinks, soft drinks, yoghurt, lollipop etc. Abeg, don't say what you don't know here.

1 Like

Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by coruso(m): 7:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
In the voice of Donald trump sh-it hole country.
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Redman44(m): 7:35pm On Jul 16, 2019
Fhemmmy:

That is all i have been preaching all along MY brother . . . BUT many will rather wait on the government till they are old and gray. . . .The opportunities in rural is endless BUT people refuse to see it, but as long as human see issues instead of opportunities, they will always pay homage to the slave masters

I don't just understand how many Nigerians reason. Maybe they need to travel to see how the world operates sad sad sad sad. With the internet, people in the village can learn new farming methods from other African countries and even from Europe and Asia. They can learn Bi-Cropping and Multi Cropping Systems from Asia. They can even get seeds of vegetables from Institutes in Nigeria and Africa. Some of them can start breeding Rabbits in their towns and villages, process rabbit meat and bring the meat to sell in the Cities. They can even advertise their Rabbit meat business on nairaland and Facebook. The problem with many people in Nigeria is that as soon as they start making money, they forget to invest some amount of money into improving the facilities they have. They fail to buy new equipment and tools that will help them expand their business. What is wrong in buying acres of land cheaply in the rural areas and within 5 years, turn those acres of land into a huge Banana or Plantain Plantation? Every 6 months, you will get banana and plantain suckers and plant them in a section of the land and you keep doing this continually for 5 years. Because you are living in the rural area, you can monitor your Plantation, hire local guys to patrol your Plantation twice daily etc. Why are we not thinking in this direction cool cool cool cool cool?
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Bahddo(m): 7:44pm On Jul 16, 2019
Fhemmmy:

I never said farming is the solution to Nigerian problems BUT it is a way for a man that has no job or means of feeding to put food of his or her table instead of waiting on a government that don't even know what the problem is neither do they have a solution in mind . . . I am not underrating the existence of the government but i am telling you that they are useless, tell me what it takes to provide electricity for the people? You mean the government don't know how to OR their wickedness and greediness just make they to prefer Nigeria to be in darkness, how will you now depend on such set of people?
Farming can never solve Nigeria's problem but can feed a man that has no job
agreed.
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Fhemmmy: 7:45pm On Jul 16, 2019
Redman44:

I don't just understand how many Nigerians reason. Maybe they need to travel to see how the world operates sad sad sad sad. With the internet, people in the village can learn new farming methods from other African countries and even from Europe and Asia. They can learn Bi-Cropping and Multi Cropping Systems from Asia. They can even get seeds of vegetables from Institutes in Nigeria and Africa. Some of them can start breeding Rabbits in their towns and villages, process rabbit meat and bring the meat to sell in the Cities. They can even advertise their Rabbit meat business on nairaland and Facebook. The problem with many people in Nigeria is that as soon as they start making money, they forget to invest some amount of money into improving the facilities they have. They fail to buy new equipment and tools that will help them expand their business. What is wrong in buying acres of land cheaply in the rural areas and within 5 years, turn those acres of land into a huge Banana or Plantain Plantation? Every 6 months, you will get banana and plantain suckers and plant them in a section of the land and you keep doing this continually for 5 years. Because you are living in the rural area, you can monitor your Plantation, hire local guys to patrol your Plantation twice daily etc. Why are we not thinking in this direction cool cool cool cool cool?

Because both leaders and the people are born to depend on people or other nations
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Fhemmmy: 7:46pm On Jul 16, 2019
Bahddo:
agreed.

Finally me and my chairman agreed on one thing . . . I am dancing!
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Dagger111(m): 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2019
Pavarottii:

Thank God u urself u know u r not a real lagosian?

Yes nt my origin bt place of birth. Are you okay now?
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Draxy(m): 8:28pm On Jul 16, 2019
Lagos a disaster waiting to happen.... House rents need to drop.. Or else hmmmm.
God save us all
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by WhoBeThisMan: 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2019
Redman44:

Mr Man, who told you farming in Nigeria is not lucrative anymore? No matter how much food is imported into Nigeria, farmers will still sell their food and make profits. Have you visited Poultry farms along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway and asked the owners of those farms if they have ever regretted going into Poultry farming? Agriculture is a blessing from God. The soil will give back to you what you sow in it. Animal husbandry and crop production are viable business lines. Food Production is also viable. No matter how much you earn, whether you are unemployed or underemployed or jobless, you must surely eat something. You must drink something too- Cold drinks, soft drinks, yoghurt, lollipop etc. Abeg, don't say what you don't know here.
are you into farming yourself?
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Beautyaddy: 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2019
WhoBeThisMan:
are you into farming yourself?

loool!!!...I was about to ask this same question from Fhemmmy.

Like I mentioned earlier "talk is cheap"

1 Like

Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Fhemmmy: 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2019
Beautyaddy:

loool!!!...I was about to ask this same question from Fhemmmy.

Like I mentioned earlier "talk is cheap"

We are not talking about me now . . . . tongue
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Fhemmmy: 8:53pm On Jul 16, 2019
Redman44:

There is no need arguing, let them continue with lucrative activities like Yahoo and Kidnapping . . . .Lol
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Beautyaddy: 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2019
Fhemmmy:

We are not talking about me now . . . . tongue

I know...but at least you can show or lead the way of encouraging people into full time farming by examples.
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by cruzie75(m): 9:08pm On Jul 16, 2019
I wonder what Lagos is turning into. Abode of destitute created by .......if you know you know.
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Tos87(m): 10:15pm On Jul 16, 2019
Dagger111:

Jealousy will kill you there.
Jealous? The truth is distasteful.

Go hug transformer.
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by anonymuz(m): 10:24pm On Jul 16, 2019
Tomide007:
Does Lagos state have laws at all......lagos has always had homeless people the way New York has but they don't spread clothes on the road..... Homelessness in Lagos is high but common.
Lagos=newyork
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 1:45am On Jul 17, 2019
Angelfrost:

Tell that to the large number of citizens trooping in daily from every region in the nation... This is what happens when you center all major business activities and international business interests in one state... Lagos has long ceased to be the capital of Nigeria, but the memo obviously failed to trickle down all these decades. It never occurred to your leaders to decentralize business activities by opening up seaports in other parts of the country, even move diplomatic buildings, or mandate industries to relocate to other states...

Shall we talk about the failure of most states to create jobs, and enable establishment of businesses to accommodate the teeming work force of the nation...

This is truly a shithole...

What has political leaders to do with the concentration of business in Lagos?

The businesses in Lagos are PRIVATE, which means that PRIVATE citizens and individuals from around the world VOTE with their wallet and feet to do business in Lagos. There are seaports in Calabar, Warri, Port Harcourt Onne (2 ports), Bonny, Sapele, and Escravos, among others. Nonetheless, it is PRIVATE individuals and businesses that VOTE with their feet and wallet which ports they prefer to use (and if you ever have to pay the much higher insurance premiums to use the Niger Delta region ports, perhaps you would comprehend why Lagos remains first preference for most importers).

As for the government "mandating" (as in, forcing) manufacturers to relocate out of Lagos, as my African-American kin would say "Is you serious?!" Why on earth would the government dictate to anyone already risking their capital in an infrastructure-poor Nigeria (where each manufacturer and most businesses have to be their own virtual Local Government) where to deploy their own PRIVATE resources - perhaps as the government itself foolishly built a refinery in Kaduna far away from the source of crude oil without the capacity to maintain pipelines to feed said refinery (among other issues).

Nigerians should realize that we are competing for investments with virtually the rest of the world, and forcing businesses out of Lagos does not necessarily mean that they will relocate to Asaba or Kaduna, instead of Accra, Kumasi or Cotonou! Anyway, many manufacturers (and some people who are employed in Lagos) have actually relocated to, or have invested in entirely new plants in, the neighboring Ogun State and effectively creating a megapolis of sorts that intertwines some parts of Ogun State with Lagos. That's a NATURAL organic progression that is preferable as it's based on economic premises rather than political government fiat or diktat.
>
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 1:50am On Jul 17, 2019
Sometimes (not very often, but sometimes nonetheless), I feel for governments in Nigeria...
You simply cannot build a 21st century city for a population that has large segments thereof still mentally in the 17/18 century.

Anyway, it's ultimately government's fault...
Because it's first job should be to invest in PEOPLE!

>

1 Like

Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Staro: 2:14am On Jul 17, 2019
Damfostopper:
Oga which state is first in the world?

Na Damascus oo
Capital of war ravaged Syria

1 Like

Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 4:32am On Jul 17, 2019
Staro:
OP, why are you surprised?

The second worst city to live in the world is LAGOS.

I feel sad that our leaders travel abroad but return home to allow us live like pig

Can supposedly “educated” Africans/Nigerians please quit regurgitating every Oyinbo pablum... undecided

Even granted the fact that most of what passes for “education” in much of colonialized Africa is substantively based on the “repeat-after-me” methodology of cramming and regurgitating with precious little (if any independent inquiry or thought), but it still should be enough of a head start of sorts that when people (many of whom have never been near Lagos and some who cannot even pick it out in a global map) start spewing gibberish about us. We should be controlling our own narratives nor merely regurgitating our own lives as seen through Oyinbo-tainted glasses.

Nonetheless, first, the supposed index was about a selected number of global cities and not all cities, so even if we are to accept their tortured index hook line and sinker as zombies without independent inquiry, query or judgment, Lagos still would not be considered as “the second worst city to live in the world” (btw, the flawed index actually rated Lagos third-lowest among those selected cities, not second). The index and the indices upon which it was based was substantively a largely subjective evaluation of the lifestyle of Westerners/Oyinbo in those selected cities. The index was NOT a measurement of the suitability/livability of those cities to INDIGENOUS lifestyles.

Lagos is an AFRICAN/Nigerian city and the best measurement for Lagos should primarily be how best it suits the lifestyles or tastes of indigenous Nigerians/Africans and not expatriates or tourists
(eg, many British/Western women love The Gambia because of the thriving sexpliotation of poor young Gambian, and would probably rate it as a more preferred destination than Nigeria just on that basis). Admittedly, there are several areas of measurable commonality (particularly infrastructure), but not having a museum or opera house is of less important to most indigenous Nigerian than a good place to play draughts and eat dried fish, kpomo or nkwobi.
>
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Graduateacher(f): 5:31am On Jul 17, 2019
famouscargo4u:
The influx of northerners is a time-bomb yet to explode. They come in droves with no house to stay. Some have commercial motorcycle. They defeacate everywhere in the street and convert all roadside and govt establishment to shelter.

Northerners and foreigners

1 Like

Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Graduateacher(f): 5:38am On Jul 17, 2019
WhoBeThisMan:

Or perhaps mentality of the average youth has changed

1 Like

Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by WhoBeThisMan: 5:46am On Jul 17, 2019
Graduateacher:

Or perhaps mentality of the average youth has changed
not necessarily. I've seen farmers suffering in the village. If things were done rightly in this country, good and accessible road to farming towns, proper distribution network for thier harvest, electricity etc, I don think there will be such high rate of rural urban migration.

Well I guess you are right.. their mentality will I need change when they see the suffering of their fathers who were or are still farmers.
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Tunagee(m): 5:53am On Jul 17, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
These days, one cannot commute on roads in Lagos state without beholding some bizarre sights.

It is the sight of wet clothes hung up to dry along important roads in the state.

Are these not clear signs of the huge crisis of homelessness in Nigeria's commercial capital?

Lagos State, though not officially recognized as the most populous state in Nigeria, is home to over 20 million Nigerians.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/are-these-not-signs-of-homelessness-in-lagos-state-photos/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Must every Nigerian live and work in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Peacefulgold(m): 6:40am On Jul 17, 2019
If u complain of cloths hung on important roads,wat do have to say about cow moving comfortably on very busy roads ...
Re: Are These Not Signs Of Increasing Homelessness In Lagos State? (PHOTOS) by Graduateacher(f): 8:09am On Jul 17, 2019
WhoBeThisMan:
not necessarily. I've seen farmers suffering in the village. If things were done rightly in this country, good and accessible road to farming towns, proper distribution network for thier harvest, electricity etc, I don think there will be such high rate of rural urban migration.

Well I guess you are right.. their mentality will I need change when they see the suffering of their fathers who were or are still farmers .

For most crop farmers,
Land + seedlings + good climate = produce.

For Animal husbandry, Land + good weed = healthy meat.

Nature has already certified the success of both.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top Ten Most Populated Countries In Africa (Facts And Pictures) / Life In Libyan Cells Where Europe-bound Nigerians Die Like Chickens(picture) / Nnewi Auto Accident: 2 Students, 6 Others Die (Graphic Pix & video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.