Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,464 members, 7,891,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

Get Up! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Get Up! (170 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Get Up! by toyinaremu(f): 11:40am On Jul 17, 2019
He was at the beautiful gate, yet his life was ugly. Days turned into weeks and months as he watched others go into the temple. Many were pushed in on wheel chairs but they came out rejoicing, while he remained on the floor. All he could do was to resolve to fate - to beg for alms. This is the story of the lame man who sits at the beautiful gate collecting alms.

Do you know that many are like the beggar who sits at the beautiful gate but their life is ugly? They're at the edge of victory but are sitting comfortably on the seat of circumstance.

He was begging for silver and gold, not knowing that he actually needed healing. This reminds me of the man at Bethesda who told Jesus he had no one to throw him into the pool, when the Great Physician was already standing before him.

He fastened his eyes to the men of God who came, thinking they'd give him the silver and gold he requested for. In boldness, Peter said, "Silver and gold, I have none; but that which I have, I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk." And the man did as Peter commanded, hallelujah!

Many times we seek for the mundane and seemingly inconsequential things to help us get up from that sad state: the depression, debt, disappointment and frustration. But I'm here in the likeness of Apostle Peter to tell you in the name of Jesus, get up and get going.

It's only Jesus that is capable of putting an eternal solution to the temporal issues that are keeping you down, because He is an eternal God. He knows your end from the beginning. No matter what you are going through right now, I beseech you to receive Jesus, get up and walk!

God has conquered the world for you through Jesus. His thoughts towards you are of good and to give you a future and an expected end. Walk with your head high. You serve a God that can prepare a banquet for you in the presence of your enemies.

He will make a way in the wilderness. Get Up! Get Up! Get up now! Disappoint the devil whose goal is mainly to keep you down. The woman who was bent for 18 years met Jesus and she got up with her back straightened for her to walk head high.

You do not belong to the floor. Why should you be cast down when you can rejoice in the Lord? Why live a beggarly life when you can walk on waters? Silver and gold are not what you need but for you to speak over and into that situation now.

Receive Jesus into your life. Believe in the works He has done on your behalf when He said, "It is finished!" Get up and walk in that reality now!

Get up in Jesus Name! Your today and tomorrow are bright...Get up now!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming Fornication And Saving Your Relationship. / Top Four Excuses You Must Never Make / Godly Women In Samuel And Kings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.