Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,148 members, 7,890,873 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:40 PM

The Best Way To Fix Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Way To Fix Nigeria (507 Views)

N1.2 Trillion Needed To Fix Nigeria’s Roads – Minister Of Works / A Dictator Is Coming To Fix Nigeria - Pastor Bakare / We Need A European Leader To Fix Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Way To Fix Nigeria by chrishenzo: 6:32am On Oct 14, 2010
From the moment Nigeria has gained its independent to this very minute, there has always been divisions especially in ethnicity.  This has caused a great hindrance to the development of Nigeria but in economy, education, technology, etc.

I have always been an advocate of "ONE NIGERIA" but it seems that that word is just a complete delusion. If an Hausa man can campaign for election in Eastern or Southern part of Nigeria without anyone saying he is an Hausa then I will believe "ONE NIGERIA". The same happens when a Yoruba, Igbo, or any other ethnics groups in Nigeria go to the North for election.

My questions is; what is the best way to fix Nigeria. The three answers that comes to my mind are
1.) Disintegrate the country
2.) Like Great Britain( which has different countries), I think Nigeria should divided itself and allow every ethnics to take full responsibilities of their body without waiting for a federal fund or decision to move its economy.
3.) Passing a law that says that anyone above 50years should never campaign for any political poster in Nigeria because it seems that most politicians are suffering from colonial mentality. They were born before Nigeria gain its independent and I believe that the white man's colonial era still affects them psychologically.

If Singapore that has a population not great than Lagos alone can be a country, why can't Nigeria divide since every ethnics of Nigeria is shouting for division. Even Tokelau with a population of 1200people is still regarded as a country.
Re: The Best Way To Fix Nigeria by DAVIDIKAMA: 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2010
Election! Election! Election!

* Election Time What a wonderful name indeed It brings about change What a change   

Fifty years of hunger and anger Fifty years of happiness Happiness! Happiness only to a few What a change   

Few months to election A time of promise A time of unknown and unseen hope What a change   

Corruption, fights and enemity All fighting for power for change A change that leads us to nowhere What a change     Tribes against tribes Family against families Friends against friends What a change   

A loving and united nation Then turns to a mourning nation Some never to see the long awaited day What a change     Let`s all forget about our tribes Let`s all forget about our religions Let`s all consider everyone as brothers and sisters Let`s all vote and elect leaders, leaders that will unite us for A better change   

We all have one life to live

Let`s all embrace the virtue of love and be united as one family

Let`s avoid incitement and killings all in the name of tribalism and elections

Let`s all learn to forgive and live happily so as to see our hundredth birthday

Why me?  Why me?

Watch out!!!!!!!

* By Ikama (aka ) Tranquil.

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of President Do We Want? / If The Chilean Miners Had Been In Nigeria ! / Okah Bail Hearing Continues.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.