Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,238 members, 7,887,674 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:14 PM

Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing (38084 Views)

Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Ladies Are Gradually Losing / Why I Dumped Nigerian Guys For Masturbation And Vibrator - Lady (photos, Video) / Most Nigerian Guys Are Afraid Of Dating Celestial Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by femi4: 7:41pm On Jul 22, 2019
These are the real values they lost

1. Not being a gentleman: Molesting and assaulting women at any opportunity

2. Decision making: Poor ability to take good decision

3. Not frugal in spending or generally wasteful : Some men don't know how to save.

4. Poor sexual orientation

5. No ambition: present or future

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by Litmus: 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2019
Much of the observation resonates with mine. However, while I sense a religious undertone to the list, vis-à-vis going to church or mosque will reinforce the moral fibre, etc, etc, I attribute, as was touched upon, modernity. For my part, I limit the influence of modernity, in the ruination of our values, to two aspects – Internet and marrying foreigners. Some may wonder why. Well, remember that modernity, in a general sense, is not new to Nigeria nor was it bad at the outset. Indeed, Nigeria was one of the few if not only African nations that was able to adopt her primordial ethnic cultures and values with modernity, which is largely why our foods, music, cultural attires, respect for elders, weddings and so on proliferate the sphere of African contribution to world fashion, literature and popular culture.

Internet has provided a platform for those that always denigrate blacks, utilising the usual thropes, to attack Nigerians; it has allowed Africans that want to denigrate Nigeria and minimise her stature in the face of their own inadequacies, to do so; it has allowed politicians that have chosen to tarnish Nigeria as a means of undermining the party in power to reach a massive audience. All these have converged and impacted the Nigerians sense of self esteem.

Marrying foreigners brought with it the need to make justifications since Nigeria primordial cultures, having influenced one another and become almost universally similar, are almost without exception strong and demanding. Nigeria cultural norms are institutional. For instance, respect for elders is an institution. Respect for parents is an institution. You have the institution of family, marriage, gender responsibilities etc. For instance, dowry is part of our Marriage institution. This means there is a process and this process has links to other institutions. Dowry links to respect, responsibility as a man, coming of age and status among others. To cut a long story short, marrying to a foreign woman means you are able to forfeit all these responsibilities, the most pressing and rewarding, the forfeiture of massive financial undertakings and extended family responsibilities. Forfeiting comes with penalties too, in the form of family and tribal disgrace, disrespect, and loss of peer standing. In addition, it is easier for some foolish persons, having forfeited tradition to marry foreign woman, to attempt saving face by mocking these Nigerian traditional values. In addition, the offspring of too many Nigerians married to foreign women adopt these perspectives and can be extremely negative towards Nigeria and other Nigerians. The internet then becomes a facilitator for both, leading to the slow corrosion of our Nigeria ethnic values manifest today in the OP's list.

... marrying foreigners in itself introduce foreign values too and those values will almost certainly be more liberal and loose in nature when compared to Nigeria ethnic cultural values since our values conck die

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 7:52pm On Jul 22, 2019
grin grin grin
baddosky1:

You never sabi Naija bloggers and their mumuness?

Nigerian bloggers are the only bloggers in the world that will write story about "hotdog" (snack) but will put picture of a dog standing near fire!
Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by Nnemuka(f): 7:52pm On Jul 22, 2019
they aren't hardworking, majority are lazy beings waiting for manna to fall from heaven via different Yahoo and scam ways
Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 22, 2019
7. Getting high just to satisfy a lady
Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by holicupp(m): 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2019
pls did any 1 see bubu d 1st citizen of dis misconception called animalgeria
Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:00pm On Jul 22, 2019
baddosky1:

Nigerian bloggers are the only bloggers in the world that will write story about "hotdog" (snack) but will put picture of a dog standing near fire!

Yeepaaripa!
Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2019
Factgist:

Sequel to the previous post (which featured here in Nairaland) where we listed out some values that are currently in its all time low with regards to Nigerian women; it became expedient that we list out values which most Nigerian men held in high regard in the past but seems to be dwindling with each passing year.

Below are top 5 of them.

Read Also: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Ladies Are Gradually Losing

1. Responsibility:

Source: Instagram
Statistics reveal that the number of children without someone to call "father" increase by the day. With the ongoing trend of "baby mamas" and "baby daddies", many children do not feel the love of a father, thanks to irresponsibility of many fathers who birth children they can't take care of.

However, some do have fathers who are at home, but without commitment to the future of their children.

2. Contentment:

The holy book says be content with what you have. With the economic crises facing Nigeria, and the massive unemployment already taking its toll, it is no longer strange to see Nigerian men who want to get money by any means necessary. This has damaged the value most Nigerian men had in the past.

The lack of contentment is indeed one of the numerous reasons why crime is on the increase in the country with money made in these proceeds sometimes spent on "strange women"

3. Commitment:

This particular type of commitment is beamed upon relationships that lead to marriage. In time past, Nigerian men showed more commitment to their spouses and wives placing valuable value on what they have. Today however, the blessedness of commitment has been lost to the altar of infidelity.

4. Self Esteem:

Critically take a look at it. It seems as though there were more brave men in the past than we do have now. The value of self esteem hinges on the fact that a man believes in himself to achieve his ambition and diligently walks towards it. A real man is not meant to chicken out of a situation but face it head-on with the aim to conquer.

5. Wisdom:

As time passes, the wisdom of our fathers and grandfathers seems to be passing away with it. The ancient wisdom of the past seems to be lost in today's Nigerian society. We cannot ascertain for sure why this is so, perhaps we could blame modern culture, but it is a value that is gradually fading.

What do you think?

https:///2019/07/top-5-rare-values-most-nigerian-guys-are-gradually-losing.html

So true. I thought I was the only one with this thought. I look at my mum and say she is one lucky person to have found someone like my dad.
Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by Skmoda360(m): 9:03pm On Jul 22, 2019
Factgist:

Sequel to the previous post (which featured here in Nairaland) where we listed out some values that are currently in its all time low with regards to Nigerian women; it became expedient that we list out values which most Nigerian men held in high regard in the past but seems to be dwindling with each passing year.

Below are top 5 of them.

1. Responsibility:

Statistics reveal that the number of children without someone to call "father" increase by the day. With the ongoing trend of "baby mamas" and "baby daddies", many children do not feel the love of a father, thanks to irresponsibility of many fathers who birth children they can't take care of.

However, some do have fathers who are at home, but without commitment to the future of their children.

2. Contentment:

The holy book says be content with what you have. With the economic crises facing Nigeria, and the massive unemployment already taking its toll, it is no longer strange to see Nigerian men who want to get money by any means necessary. This has damaged the value most Nigerian men had in the past.

The lack of contentment is indeed one of the numerous reasons why crime is on the increase in the country with money made in these proceeds sometimes spent on "strange women"

3. Commitment:

This particular type of commitment is beamed upon relationships that lead to marriage. In time past, Nigerian men showed more commitment to their spouses and wives placing valuable value on what they have. Today however, the blessedness of commitment has been lost to the altar of infidelity.

4. Self Esteem:

Critically take a look at it. It seems as though there were more brave men in the past than we do have now. The value of self esteem hinges on the fact that a man believes in himself to achieve his ambition and diligently walks towards it. A real man is not meant to chicken out of a situation but face it head-on with the aim to conquer.

5. Wisdom:

As time passes, the wisdom of our fathers and grandfathers seems to be passing away with it. The ancient wisdom of the past seems to be lost in today's Nigerian society. We cannot ascertain for sure why this is so, perhaps we could blame modern culture, but it is a value that is gradually fading.

What do you think?

This "la mi die" is called REPETOUIRE.....OK, STOP COPYING AND PASTE.....IT'S A SIN OK....IRE OOOOO
Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by bsquare12(f): 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2019
Things To Note Before Marriage

There are several things one needs to take into consideration before going into a life contract, some will end up saying had I no I wouldn't have attempted marriage In first place.

1.Your spouse equivalent isn't aiming to complete you.

That far-famed line from “Jerry Maguire” sounds romantic, however don’t expect your partner to finish your life, Higgins same.

“It’s extremely vital for you to you — not during a inconsiderate approach, not during a approach that disregards your partner, however during a approach wherever you perceive taking care of yourself goes to assist you bring your best self to your relationship,” Higgins same.

https://www.itrendnaija.com/2019/07/things-to-note-before-marriage.html?m=1

Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by AliWoods: 9:28pm On Jul 22, 2019
baddosky1:

In some quarters, that is a potential snack!
If you know, you know.
Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2019
Factgist:

Below are top 5 of them.

1. Responsibility:

2. Contentment:

3. Commitment:

4. Self Esteem:

5. Wisdom:

What do you think?

1,2 and 3 may be right but 4 and 5 I doubt. self esteem is a psychological something, wisdom on the other hand is devine. can not be gotten from anywhere except the heavens.
Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by 3kay945(m): 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2019
Who has that meme of " open the door , I just want to talk. " a guy knocking at the door with a stick behind.
Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by Kendrick80(m): 10:07pm On Jul 22, 2019
Number 3 lipsrsealed
Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by carter009(m): 1:25am On Jul 23, 2019
Why are you so pained dear.
Nnemuka:
they aren't hardworking, majority are lazy beings waiting for manna to fall from heaven via different Yahoo and scam ways
Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by NiRfreak(m): 7:03am On Jul 23, 2019
Darkseid:
There are still a lot of guys that possess these qualities, and most times such guys do not settle for less and so are usually single in terms of relationships.
I had to log in to come and like this comment. I'm one of such guy. And I won't settle for less, instead, I will remain single, enjoying my life and working on myself
Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by armstrongkevwe: 7:50am On Jul 23, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]
Fallacy of overgeneralization[b][/b][i][/i]
Re: Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing by kiddkash(m): 10:35am On Jul 23, 2019
Chiefqueenn:

Keep your fvck
why?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Should I Do? Forget About Her Or Continue The Struggle / 6 Things That Sum Up What Guys Really Need In A Relationship But Never Ask For / Truth You Learnt As An Adult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.