Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,882 members, 7,915,539 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:13 AM

Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta (39272 Views)

Chinyere Magella Ogudoro & Brother Burnt Alive By Husband,Benjamin Ogudoro / Wanted Abia Major Drug Supplier Arrested With 100kg Cocaine, Cannabis (Pix) / Arms Supplier With Charms & Weapons Arrested By Soldiers In Nasarawa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by nerorex01: 9:44am On Jul 25, 2019
thesicilian:
So guns are sold so cheaply in this country. No wonder armed robbery and kidnapping are so rampant.

That one is even expensive compared to what I was told years back in Owerre that you can purchase a locally made pistol for as low as 3k and even rent for 1k with each bullet costing 2H each. That is the irony we found ourselves in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by mixta140: 9:45am On Jul 25, 2019
People wey go enter hell fire plenty oooo....

For stubborn STD check my signature.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by igwefivestar(m): 9:49am On Jul 25, 2019
OkoYibo:
Godwin Shinyere

Igbo Amaka, be bold and say it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by fkj950ax(m): 9:49am On Jul 25, 2019
Mk12:

second hand Ak can sell for as low as #185k in Delta or bayelsa

Can you tell us how you came about this information?
Have you procured one before? Will you mind a visit by the Police IRT Team to explain this?

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by akdjr(m): 9:51am On Jul 25, 2019
He should be properly investigated to know other criminals he has been selling guns to so we can stop accusing people ignorantly......

1 Like

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by nasoeb: 9:57am On Jul 25, 2019
Kingpee2:
No picture of the said criminal abi Op?
Even if na cataract sef you go still see this pic (supplier)
Your condition bros need special attention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by Mikora: 10:02am On Jul 25, 2019
This country just porous anyhow. See as them they carry weapons up and down, even rocket launcher dey enter country and our security forces no know

1 Like

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by obama30: 10:19am On Jul 25, 2019
OddsIsland:
Two years after a manhunt was launched for him, operatives of the Inspector-General of Police Special Intelligence Response Team have arrested a 46-year-old arms dealer, Godwin Chinyere. Chinyere is believed to have sold the firearms, ammunition and rocket launchers used by the suspected billionaire kidnapper, Chukwudumeme Owuamadike, alias Evans.

Police sources told our correspondent that Evans, who was arrested in June 2017 in his apartment at the Magodo area of Lagos State by the IRT operatives, led by the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari, confessed during interrogation that some of the rocket launchers and AK-47 rifles used by members of his gang robbery and kidnapping operations were supplied by Chinyere.

The sources explained that the IRT operatives launched a manhunt for Chinyere that time, but he went into hiding when he discovered that Evans had been apprehended.

One of the sources said Chinyere came out of hiding recently when he felt that since the Evans case had stalled in court, the IRT operatives might have stopped looking for him.

He was reportedly trailed to his hideout in Asaba, Delta State, where he was apprehended.

Chinyere confessed to journalists that he sold five AK-47 rifles to Evans, adding that he had turned a new leaf before the suspected kidnapper was arrested.

He stated, “I learnt how to make guns from a village known as Abala and I spent three years learning the skill before I started making my own. I usually sell locally-made double-barrelled guns for the sum of N10,000 and the single-barrelled for N6,000, while the short guns were sold for N10,000 each.

“One of my customers, Samuel Nwakpa, who was coming from Kaduna State to buy guns from me, was the one who linked me with big arms dealers in Chad and Niger Republic. They were the people, who supplied me with the five AK-47 rifles that I sold to Evans.

“I met Evans when he came to my village to treat his bullet wound and his native doctor connected him to me. Evans paid me the sum of N1.7m for the five AK-47 rifles. I took my share and gave the rest of the money to Nwakpa, who also supplied rocket launchers to Evans. I knew that Evans was using the arms for armed robbery and kidnapping.

“Before Evans was arrested, I had stopped the business and turned a new leaf, but I fled and went into hiding when he was arrested because I knew he was going to mention my name to the police, and I didn’t know that the police were still looking for me when I came out of hiding. I warned Evans to stop kidnapping when I turned a new leaf, but he didn’t listen to me.”

When the Force spokesperson, Frank Mba, was contacted, he confirmed Chinyere’s arrest and stated that a lot of weapons were recovered from him.

Mba added that investigators discovered that Chinyere was a major arms supplier to Evans and other kidnappers.

Source: https://punchng.com/evans-arms-supplier-apprehended-in-delta/

when are you going to arrest Fulani's Arms Supplier there problem is worst that Evan
Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by gnykelly(m): 10:32am On Jul 25, 2019
incogni2o:

Kidnapers just abducted three of my neighbours children on Tuesday
I pray they are released soon.
Where do they want to see 50M

So unhappy.
Three children... Some people are heartless

1 Like

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by Ogaga87(m): 10:38am On Jul 25, 2019
OddsIsland:

“One of my customers, Samuel Nwakpa, who was coming from Kaduna State to buy guns from me, was the one who linked me with big arms dealers in Chad and Niger Republic. They were the people, who supplied me with the five AK-47 [/b]rifles that I sold to Evans.

Source: https://punchng.com/evans-arms-supplier-apprehended-in-delta/

[b]I hope the police will use this opportunity to treat the herdsmen AK47 issue as well

1 Like

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by wunaESQ(m): 11:17am On Jul 25, 2019
OkoYibo:

Why don't you go and stand surety for them?
GBAM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by wunaESQ(m): 11:19am On Jul 25, 2019
Mk12:
second hand Ak can sell for as low as #185k in Delta or bayelsa
informat..u even have an idea.. weh done sir
Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by wunaESQ(m): 11:25am On Jul 25, 2019
dem no suppose cast am.... dem for use d guy track other dealers
Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by GenFunction: 11:32am On Jul 25, 2019
NATIVE DOCTOR CONNECT grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by lonelydora: 12:02pm On Jul 25, 2019
Wisdomval67:

So you are also an arm dealer?

If you say so
Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 25, 2019
How many fulani with guns are being prosecuted?nepotism at highest level.
Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2019
fkj950ax:

Can you tell us how you came about this information?
Have you procured one before? Will you mind a visit by the Police IRT Team to explain this?
I hear
Re: Godwin Chinyere: Evans’ Arms Supplier Arrested In Delta by Coolgent(m): 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2019
Na them children of beerfraud

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Son Cuts Off Mother’s Hands With Machete In Ogun / Man Loses Car, Almost Jailed After Helping Lady Carrying A Crying Baby In Abuja / Abia: Woman Pours Hot Water On Her Housemaid For Breaking Plate (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.