Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,848 members, 7,886,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 07:20 AM

Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC (35842 Views)

Fish Seller Buys A Car As She Completes Her NYSC (photos) / Graduate Wrote JAMB 6 Times, Dies After Completing His NYSC / Acid Burns Survivor, Chizzy Frances Completes NYSC (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Isoduwa(m): 7:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
Don't be afraid to fail big, dream big with goal's

1 Like

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by saraki2019(m): 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2019
You would have done with MSC with PhD going on,bimstead of waisting those uears
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by McEphiks(m): 7:44pm On Jul 25, 2019
nurez305:
So? First class that might end up with keke napep or Uber or even gas retail seller..... Mtcheeeeew

Better to graduate with third class with connection in Nigeria than to graduate with first class without connection.

Na job be Koko not first class

See human being mentality

1 Like

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by LOVEGINO(m): 7:44pm On Jul 25, 2019
Rasbel:
JAMB should just employ/retain him.
not in Nigeria
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 25, 2019
Age is not on his side.
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by amakadihot87(f): 7:54pm On Jul 25, 2019
owukpa:
Simon Godwin Idoko, a 29-year-old young man, who graduated with a First Class degree from the Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry, Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto State in 2017 has completed his National Youth Service Corps, NYSC.

IDOMA VOICE had exclusively reported that Idoko, a native of Udaburu Owukpa, Ogbadibo LGA of Benue State, said his dream of becoming a medical doctor or pharmacist was frustrated after sitting for UTME for five times without success.

Still not discouraged, Godwin decided to take JAMB UTME the sixth time and was offered to study Applied Chemistry at the Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto where he graduated with a first class, garnering a total of 4.75 CGPA.

In April 2018, the Nigerian mediasphere literally went up in flame with the story of a young, resilient and resolute achiever.
The story of Simon Godwin Idoko enjoyed a massive publicity after he conquered his obstacles, shook off his challenges and came out with his head high above the academic sea.

Idoko was attached to the Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu State where he served as his Place of Primary Assignment (PPA) in the Chemistry Department.

The young Chemist took to his Facebook page on Thursday to thank those who were part of his laudable feat.

He wrote:

I want to thank God for the successful completion of NYSC. Thanks to my parents - Chief Onagene Simon Omonu Idoko (the kindred head of Ai-Owoya, Amuche, Owukpa, Benue state) and Queen Agnes Idoko for their sacrifices that made it possible for me to reach this stage of my life. My special thanks go to Dr Idoko Emmanuel Omale (my incomparable uncle) and my brother - Simon Idoko John. Other people that contributed to my enjoyable NYSC experience are Dr Igah Omale Igah, Comrade Daniel Abakpa, Ameh Comrade Godwin, Mrs Aladi Stephen, Mr Ogbanje Abah, Mr Okpe Agada and Ameh John Ekere. Thanks to all the staff of Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu (my Place of Primary Assignment (PPA)) for the good treatment. I want to thank the Head of Chemical Sciences Department - Mr Ayuk Eugene for his care. Thanks to the secretary of the department - Mrs Ngozi Uleanya for the cash gift. Thanks to Prof. C.O. Okafor and Mrs Chinelo Okeke for their cash gifts. Thanks to Mrs Scholastica Ilo for her care. Thanks to everybody. I have the most caring people in the world! When I was a corps member...

source...
http://www.idomavoice.com/2019/07/idoma-born-simon-godwin-idoko-who-made-first-class-after-sitting-for-utme-six-times-celebrates-as-he-completes-his-nysc-photos.html

..........Never give up,my own story is a bit similar to his........I wanted to study medicine too but sat for jamb 3 times without success ,then on the last attempt i forgot medicine and went for applied biochemistry .........I gained admission one touch..............my only regret is that Unizik stress didn't allow me make first class ........ moreover biochemistry wasn't what I expected it to be,I drew structures till I got tired

3 Likes

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Ijeleigbo(m): 8:05pm On Jul 25, 2019
True there are no jobs in Nigeria but what you folks don't know is that a first class graduate has 98% chances of gaining scholarship abroad to further his or her education....

2 Likes

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by nextstep(m): 8:24pm On Jul 25, 2019
blesskewe:
Lesson learnt Don't relent
Kingrexyl:
Don't give up no matter what.

Buhari also didn't relent... wink
I'm just sayin'...

Ijeleigbo:
True there are no jobs in Nigeria but what you folks don't know is that a first class graduate has 98% chances of gaining scholarship abroad to further his or her education....

Very true... that was what I was thinking... a degree won't do him much good here, especially in the field of medicine, so it's likely he's looking for abroad opportunities.... another smart Nigerian leaving this sh1thole. He should leave as soon as possible before tragedy of herdsmen, stray bullet, okada, container falling, fake medicine, or falling live wire meets him.

2 Likes

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by thaoriginator: 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ctorch:
Idoko

U will see this surname in enugu, kogi and benue

While the ones in kogi are Igala hausas
The ones in benue are Igala middle belt hausas
The ones in enugu same thing.

The creation of states in Nigeria was badly structured, mapping out kins and brothers from each other.

Idoko for instance has no business been in Enugu state.

The mistake of Nigeria right from British is why trying to look smart commits further mistakes.

These group of persons suppose to be together as one.

Until such is corrected the country will remain badly structured.

I don't get it......
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Okoroawusa: 8:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
Youngman, start your Masters immediately

1 Like

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by linohlex: 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
nextstep:

Buhari also didn't relent... wink
I'm just sayin'...

Very true... that was what I was thinking... a degree won't do him much good here, especially in the field of medicine, so it's likely he's looking for abroad opportunities.... another smart Nigerian leaving this sh1thole. He should leave as soon as possible before tragedy of herdsmen, stray bullet, okada, container falling, fake medicine, or falling live wire meets him.
he is my next door neighbor, he has jobs offers already, his ppA and one in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by lagbaja717: 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2019
Looking for business idea options to start now? click here
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sunkanmivaughan.bizdir

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Okoroawusa: 8:47pm On Jul 25, 2019
amakadihot87:
..........Never give up,my own story is a bit similar to his........I wanted to study medicine too but sat for jamb 3 times without success ,then on the last attempt i forgot medicine and went for applied biochemistry .........I gained admission one touch..............my only regret is that Unizik stress didn't allow me make first class ........ moreover biochemistry wasn't what I expected it to be,I drew structures till I got tired
all MCB n BCH students r doctors that never materialize.

Do lectures still hold at temp site in Unizik at the back of Gas station?
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Ctorch: 8:49pm On Jul 25, 2019
thaoriginator:
I don't get it......

Why will you get it because everything stated here is a fact.

Idokos, onojas should have been aligned to suit one state.

Why should kit and kin be scattered in different state.

This is one of Nigeria fundamental problems.
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by thaoriginator: 8:51pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ctorch:

Why will you get it because everything stated here is a fact.

Idokos, onojas should have been aligned to suit one state.

Why should kit and kin be scattered in different state.

This is one of Nigeria fundamental problems.
Still don't get. Or don't you get it that I don't get it? Do you??
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Ctorch: 8:54pm On Jul 25, 2019
thaoriginator:
Still don't get. Or don't you get it that I don't get it? Do you??

If you don't, others will and have done already.
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Elxandre(m): 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ijeleigbo:
101% correct!

1 Like

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Admitwithschola: 12:34am On Jul 26, 2019
owukpa:
Simon Godwin Idoko, a 29-year-old young man, who graduated with a First Class degree from the Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry, Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto State in 2017 has completed his National Youth Service Corps, NYSC.

IDOMA VOICE had exclusively reported that Idoko, a native of Udaburu Owukpa, Ogbadibo LGA of Benue State, said his dream of becoming a medical doctor or pharmacist was frustrated after sitting for UTME for five times without success.

Still not discouraged, Godwin decided to take JAMB UTME the sixth time and was offered to study Applied Chemistry at the Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto where he graduated with a first class, garnering a total of 4.75 CGPA.

In April 2018, the Nigerian mediasphere literally went up in flame with the story of a young, resilient and resolute achiever.
The story of Simon Godwin Idoko enjoyed a massive publicity after he conquered his obstacles, shook off his challenges and came out with his head high above the academic sea.

Idoko was attached to the Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu State where he served as his Place of Primary Assignment (PPA) in the Chemistry Department.

The young Chemist took to his Facebook page on Thursday to thank those who were part of his laudable feat.

He wrote:

I want to thank God for the successful completion of NYSC. Thanks to my parents - Chief Onagene Simon Omonu Idoko (the kindred head of Ai-Owoya, Amuche, Owukpa, Benue state) and Queen Agnes Idoko for their sacrifices that made it possible for me to reach this stage of my life. My special thanks go to Dr Idoko Emmanuel Omale (my incomparable uncle) and my brother - Simon Idoko John. Other people that contributed to my enjoyable NYSC experience are Dr Igah Omale Igah, Comrade Daniel Abakpa, Ameh Comrade Godwin, Mrs Aladi Stephen, Mr Ogbanje Abah, Mr Okpe Agada and Ameh John Ekere. Thanks to all the staff of Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu (my Place of Primary Assignment (PPA)) for the good treatment. I want to thank the Head of Chemical Sciences Department - Mr Ayuk Eugene for his care. Thanks to the secretary of the department - Mrs Ngozi Uleanya for the cash gift. Thanks to Prof. C.O. Okafor and Mrs Chinelo Okeke for their cash gifts. Thanks to Mrs Scholastica Ilo for her care. Thanks to everybody. I have the most caring people in the world! When I was a corps member...

source...
http://www.idomavoice.com/2019/07/idoma-born-simon-godwin-idoko-who-made-first-class-after-sitting-for-utme-six-times-celebrates-as-he-completes-his-nysc-photos.html

Congrats bro, nice!

1 Like

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by ehinmowo: 1:47am On Jul 26, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Doesn't guarantee a job, na that one be d main koko.

I pray you get a good job.

naija job post go say, "not more than 25 by December"
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by bigiyaro(m): 5:15am On Jul 26, 2019
nurez305:
So? First class that might end up with keke napep or Uber or even gas retail seller..... Mtcheeeeew

Better to graduate with third class with connection in Nigeria than to graduate with first class without connection.

bros, my guy nets 280-310 a month. from his 4 Keke and 1 Uber in abuja

1 Like

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by thaoriginator: 7:53am On Jul 26, 2019
[quote author=Ctorch post=80629447]

If you don't, others will and have done already. [/quote ]
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by amakadihot87(f): 8:36am On Jul 26, 2019
Okoroawusa:

all MCB n BCH students r doctors that never materialize.

Do lectures still hold at temp site in Unizik at the back of Gas station?
I don't think so ......I left Unizik in 2011.........even in our own time ,no lectures were held in temp site........the stress was actually from the fact that I had a family then and our lecturers hate to see a heavy woman coming for class,they will even advice you to drop from school
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Ajibade123(m): 10:15am On Jul 26, 2019
wow this is great perseverance really matters a lot.....see 15 habits of highly successful student
https://explicitsuccess.com/habits-of-successful-students/

1 Like

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Vinex4uba(m): 11:19am On Jul 26, 2019
Keep your certificate, enter the street and hustle, first class will not put food on your table.....
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Unie30: 12:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
Congrats Bro. Ride swiftly to your victory.

1 Like

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by MUHAMMADADEYEMI: 7:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
I tap from your glory and victory. Definitely, you are going places higher.

1 Like

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by godwingold(m): 3:14am On Jul 27, 2019
RonKenoly:
6 years of his life gone with the wind.
It is you that is thinking that the six years were wasted not Simon Godwin Idoko. Within the six years, I did a diploma programme in Computer Studies and Applications and after finishing with distinction, I was retained by the computer institute to impart knowledge to others which I was doing for about two years before I got admission. I taught in two different secondary schools. In fact, some of my students finished service with me two days ago. Now, I have four (4) years pre-university work experience. I learnt haircut in 2012. I won NNPC/Total scholarship and Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) scholarship in 2016. I got close to a million from those scholarships. The scholarship grants helped me in school and they are still helping me today. As for getting a job, don't worry about that. God is in control. Simon Godwin Idoko loves you all!

2 Likes

Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by Spacewalker(m): 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2019
nurez305:

Shut up hater,just comment something nice and move along.If u can't say something pleasant, then SHUT UP angry
Re: Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC by AngelicBeing: 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2019
godwingold:
It is you that is thinking that the six years were wasted not Simon Godwin Idoko. Within the six years, I did a diploma programme in Computer Studies and Applications and after finishing with distinction, I was retained by the computer institute to impart knowledge to others which I was doing for about two years before I got admission. I taught in two different secondary schools. In fact, some of my students finished service with me two days ago. Now, I have four (4) years pre-university work experience. I learnt haircut in 2012. I won NNPC/Total scholarship and Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) scholarship in 2016. I got close to a million from those scholarships. The scholarship grants helped me in school and they are still helping me today. As for getting a job, don't worry about that. God is in control. Simon Godwin Idoko loves you all!
Chai, this was his post l guess sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Funny Experience At Nysc Orientation Camp Black Gold Kaduna Kaduna / Help!he Impregnanted An SS1 Student At His PPA. / "My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.