Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,167 members, 7,884,072 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 11:23 PM

Pa Adebanjo-afenifere’s Directives To Fulani Herdsmen In South West: My Humble P - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pa Adebanjo-afenifere’s Directives To Fulani Herdsmen In South West: My Humble P (398 Views)

Keyamo: Whoever Ayo Adebanjo's Afenifere Endorses Usually Lose Elections / I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) / Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pa Adebanjo-afenifere’s Directives To Fulani Herdsmen In South West: My Humble P by aguele(m): 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
My attention has been drawn to the Press Release allegedly made by the Chief Ayo Adebanjo led Afenifere faction, whereat the respected leader made assertions using my humble self’s encounter with Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Vigilante Group in Akoko area of Ondo State as part of the rationale for the vituperations contained in the said press release.

While I deplore in totality the presence of any vigilante group particularly armed ones anywhere, I wish to state for the umpteenth time that my concern is borne of the need for better security for our people and not to score some sheer political points against anyone or any ethnic group and/or authority.

I wish to further place on record that I have great respect for the Afenifere and I am an unrepentant adherent of the Yoruba Culture and Tradition of giving respect and paying obeisance to the Elders.

While recognizing the mentorship and indelible contributions of the Chief Ayo Adebanjo-led Afenifere faction, I am however compelled to reiterate my opposition to and departure from the style of the Afenifere faction, particularly from the time when, without due consultation with the entire members and stakeholders, some chose to use the platform as one of the political advocacy mercenaries of the Atiku/PDP before the last elections. From all indications, it is quite apparent that the position of the faction is irrepressibly political.

I state unequivocally that I have a right of dissent and hereby distance myself from those conclusions by the respected leader, designed or calculated to vilify or demonize any group of people or government to the extent of criminalizing a particular tribe.

The narrative that every criminal, armed robber and kidnapper is a Fulani herdsman because a Fulani man is at the helm of affairs or a Fulani man committed a criminal offence, is a dangerous assertion that can undermine the corporate existence of our dear motherland. Criminals must be regarded as criminals without branding them with any ethnic, religious or regional coloration.

What is clear is that insurgency, banditry, kidnapping and armed robbery are our common enemies. We must join forces together in finding a lasting solution to this menace which has eaten deep into the fabric of our nation.

While admitting the fact that variety is the spice of federalism, it is however imperative to state that unity in diversity is the fulcrum upon which true federalism and democracy stands.

To say more at this juncture will be otiose.

Kayode Ajulo Ph.D
Castle of Law
Maitama, Abuja.
25th July, 2019

Re: Pa Adebanjo-afenifere’s Directives To Fulani Herdsmen In South West: My Humble P by MetaPhysical: 7:48pm On Jul 25, 2019
Mr Ajulo says he is patriotic but his action is short of pariotism.

Chief Ayo Adebanjo is talking for the general and not for individual, so very wrong for Ajulo to personalize the message.

He wrote naively on his facebook rejoinder few days ago that the vigilante carried dane guns. He failed to imagine the fact that they have ak47 hidden away in the bush. In fact, he would be wrong to imagine there were not more members of the vigilante hidden out of sight in the bush acting as cover for those in the open.

On matters of fulani vigilante and macban I am yet to see one fulani dissenting voice against the macban mission, whether the action is singular or collective, whether damaging or advancing to their interests...they all acceede to it. Why is Yorubaman always dissenting his brother's voice?

As I always say, the more degrees a Yorubaman acquires the further away and distant he becomes...he stops identifying with his conservative root and begins to see himself as an individual, a liberal that must speak for interest of others above his own.

I cant imagine a phd scholar reflect to Adebanjo's message in the manner done here. It scares even me and makes me wonder if it would be a wise thing to fight a Yoruba independence. Too much dissenters and saboteurs inside. We will be killed by our own before the enemy has even struck.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pa Adebanjo-afenifere’s Directives To Fulani Herdsmen In South West: My Humble P by coolzeal(m): 8:43pm On Jul 25, 2019
Oh yeah! For how long are we going to fold our hands and watch all these political gladiators in their quest for their selfish interest rule out our survival?
What about the raping of our mothers, sisters, aunt and daughters? what about all the killings perpetuated by these demons and the audacity to rob it on our faces?
What about the destruction of farmlands and means of livelihood? Are all these not enough evidence? I think we should stop trying to be political correct and face the situation at hand. The South should deal with them violently and send all of them packing. Enough is enough!..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See Details Of Fight Between Gbajabiamila, Abdulmumin Jibrin, PDP Members / Residents Hail Obaseki As Contractor Intensifies Work On Ekehuan Road Dualisatio / Nigerian Lady Gets Ministerial Appointment In Britain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.