Stats: 3,171,315 members, 7,881,164 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:41 PM

Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi (36536 Views)

Umahi Inspects Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Other Projects In Lagos / David Umahi Inspects The Abuja-Kaduna-Kano Road / Umahi Inspects Various Projects At Night (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by berrystunn(m): 2:17am On Jul 27, 2019
AZeD1:
I will never understand Nigerian governors fascination with airports and Stadiums.

Ebonyi doesn't need an airport or a stadium right now.

How do we think in Nigeria?

Mugu have you been there ?
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by lordswill03: 2:33am On Jul 27, 2019
Best governor in Nigeria
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by NCBMEDIA: 2:43am On Jul 27, 2019
AN APPEAL MESSAGE TO PRESIDENT "DONALD J TRUMP" AGAINST MASS DEPORTATION ORDER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZgyR8u49zY
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Nobody: 2:56am On Jul 27, 2019
martineverest:
international airport in a sparsely populated state where indigenes aren't known for international voyage ? osun ,bayelsa and ebonyi don't need international airports..even Benin and warri whose indigenes are known for international migration don't even have international airports

governors that build bridges,airports and stadiums are just THIEVES

OBASEKi is the only governor in Nigeria that doesn't waste resources on white elephant projects
You've made my day. Instead of channelling it into poverty alleviation since Ebonyians are the poorest in the South East, he just wanted to waste these resources. Why not build the state teaching hospital he promised to build? Is teaching hospital not more important than airport and stadium?

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Bragalane: 2:57am On Jul 27, 2019
Here we go with another foolish fool defending another fool. Is Enugu purse as lean as that of Osun or Anambra that those I listed who performed beta that him in every aspect of governance with leaner purses are not being praised or you think I can not figure out despicable n foolish PDP supporters with their hypocrisy ?!

LLobiorah:

Bros he's being praised coz of the lean resources accruing to the state, and his judicious use of it. Don't get it all wrong Mr.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by 9jaRealist: 3:38am On Jul 27, 2019
MISPLACED PRIORITIES! angry
>
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by tigerclaws: 4:32am On Jul 27, 2019
Bragalane:
Here we go with another foolish fool defending another fool. Is Enugu purse as lean as that of Osun or Anambra that those I listed who performed beta that him in every aspect of governance with leaner purses are not being praised or you think I can not figure out despicable n foolish PDP supporters with their hypocrisy ?!

mynd44 lalasticlala seun obinoscopy
rule 2
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by tigerclaws: 4:34am On Jul 27, 2019
Bragalane:
grin Dead brain hyping their failures as always. How many schools, hospitals, bridges, roads as this clown built compare to the likes of Obiano Aregbe n Ganduje that he’s been praised like a jerk?!

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by tigerclaws: 4:35am On Jul 27, 2019
Bragalane:
Be there fooling your father. This failure best at anything ?!
stop insulting his father
mynd44 lalasticlala seun obinoscopy
rule 2
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by sindan: 4:38am On Jul 27, 2019
Oluwafredo:
Another International Airport?!

Joke of a nation.

The ones we have cant even pass for local bus terminalsnin sane countries

Was it not Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja that got flooded days ago?? Is MMIA still not a nightmare?

Complete joke of a nation

Lol, God bless you. What we have in Nigeria is just air field not airport but that's not the issue, what happened to factories, industries, i mean producing of variety of goods and services, what of roads , railways, working hospitals and schools, electricity etc but most importantly the security of life and property..

Airport and stadium in Ebonyi yeah gigantic project congratulations, after this the next two gigantic project will be church and mosque. .. Joke of a nation angry angry
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Yyeske(m): 5:41am On Jul 27, 2019
globemoney01:

You must be a clown to ask for Obiano’s achievement, there is no community in Anambra without atleast one Obiano project, the flyover you are hyping Umahi for, Obiano completed 3 better ones within 3 years, completed over 7 bridges across Anambra including the longest link bridge in the whole SE. Umahi is not paying full salaries, while Obiano increased workers salaries and pays as at when due, Ebonyi is supposed to be an Agric state but Anambra under Obiano performs far more in Agric than Ebonyi, Anambra rice is even growing faster than Ebonyi rice. Only a brain dead person will compare Obiano to Umahi or say Obiano is not doin anything
@ the bolded tire me sef, I was really shocked when the NBS released her statistics on the GDP of states recently and Anambra was outperforming Ebonyi in agriculture. This is where the governor is supposed to concentrate on and not a brand new stadium and airport.
How many matches or sport events have taken place in the old air-conditioned stadium we were shown the last time?
Enugu airport which is some minutes from Abakiliki is still not fully utilized and Umahi is still trying to build another in Abakiliki.
This was the reason Obiano announced that the Anambra airport would be a cargo airport and not for passengers because he figured out that we have passenger airports in Asaba, Owerri and Enugu all around the state and all underutilised.
Outside Abakiliki, the rest of the state is still not developed and he's talking about airport and stadium when he should be investing more in education, agriculture, wealth creation, good road network between villages and towns across the state and not focusing on the state capital alone, try to harness the salt and other resources the state is blessed with.

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by dokiOloye(m): 6:14am On Jul 27, 2019
Fingerprinter:
This guy no serious at all. What does he need airport for in Ebonyi state? Misplaced priority and an avenue to siphon money through inflated project sum.
Exactly.
I'm an Ebonyian and that's exactly my thoughts.
Enugu airport is 45 mins max from d state capital, in fact,you could do it 30mins early in d morn when d road is free.
Anambra in all her glory and bevy of big time businessmen doesn't have an airport.

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by mabea: 7:06am On Jul 27, 2019
Bragalane:
grin Dead brain hyping their failures as always. How many schools, hospitals, bridges, roads as this clown built compare to the likes of Obiano Aregbe n Ganduje that he’s been praised like a jerk?!

Ignoramus. The foolish ones often see themselves as wise even when they have no light them.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Topmaike007(m): 7:13am On Jul 27, 2019
martineverest:
international airport in a sparsely populated state where indigenes aren't known for international voyage ? osun ,bayelsa and ebonyi don't need international airports..even Benin and warri whose indigenes are known for international migration don't even have international airports

governors that build bridges,airports and stadiums are just THIEVES

OBASEKi is the only governor in Nigeria that doesn't waste resources on white elephant projects
this American guy you've come again,pls leave my Governor alone
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by oti2704: 7:17am On Jul 27, 2019
He is a man and he Will complete the projects
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by mabea: 7:19am On Jul 27, 2019
Bragalane:
Be there fooling your father. This failure best at anything ?!
Young man your ranting and your bitterness here will not stop the projects also you still dont experience a better life than majority of ebonyians
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by LLobiorah: 7:26am On Jul 27, 2019
Bragalane:

I won't dignify you with a response. I don't dilly dally with your kind who starts an argument with insults. Bonjour et au revoir.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by LLobiorah: 7:31am On Jul 27, 2019
Yyeske:
@ the bolded tire me sef, I was really shocked when the NBS released her statistics on the GDP of states recently and Anambra was outperforming Ebonyi in agriculture. This is where the governor is supposed to concentrate on and not a brand new stadium and airport.
How many matches or sport events have taken place in the old air-conditioned stadium we were shown the last time?
Enugu airport which is some minutes from Abakiliki is still not fully utilized and Umahi is still trying to build another in Abakiliki.
This was the reason Obiano announced that the Anambra airport would be a cargo airport and not for passengers because he figured out that we have passenger airports in Asaba, Owerri and Enugu all around the state and all underutilised.
Outside Abakiliki, the rest of the state is still not developed and he's talking about airport and stadium when he should be investing more in education, agriculture, wealth creation, good road network between villages and towns across the state and not focusing on the state capital alone, try to harness the salt and other resources the state is blessed with.

I concur with your points, but he's not building the airport in the state capital sir.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by barinedan(m): 7:31am On Jul 27, 2019
Let me ask citizens of Ebonyi state: do you guys really need an international airport at the moment?or is it another opportunity for looters to enrich themselves
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by LLobiorah: 7:35am On Jul 27, 2019
dokiOloye:

Exactly.
I'm an Ebonyian and that's exactly my thoughts.
Enugu airport is 45 mins max from d state capital, in fact,you could do it 30mins early in d morn when d road is free.
Anambra in all her glory and bevy of big time businessmen doesn't have an airport.

An enugu airport that federal government has not been able to work on, is what you are counting on? Anambra deciding not to do it, should be their business. And besides the 'purported umueri airport', has been a dream in the pipe; no fruition! If you feel is not right for the state to have one, by 2023 aspire to be the governor, and start from bringing in the much needed industries.

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 27, 2019
AZeD1:
I will never understand Nigerian governors fascination with airports and Stadiums.

Ebonyi doesn't need an airport or a stadium right now.

How do we think in Nigeria?

They need it so that state flight will be possible
from Abakiliki to benue state.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 27, 2019
michlins:
Oga I know lots of Ebonyi people, these people are still farmers. They would leave their base on rainy season just to go and cultivate food crops and come back feeding from hand to mouth. Give these people free and quality education first. Most Igbo hawkers are from the state. I give it to them, they are extremely hardworking though

Please point of correction.

They are not Igbos....Thank you.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 27, 2019
LLobiorah:

Alright, I get your point tho!
To me sha, the project no be the need of the people, but what do I know kwanu? The governor seeks to develop the state through the building of infrastructures, I guess he's looking at the long term goals of these projects.

Is only reconstitution of geographical map will put ebonyi on right placing but SE ...No...

If placed in North Central the airport will serve benue, taraba and the rest.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by hedonido: 7:56am On Jul 27, 2019
Why does a state like Ebonyi need an international airport, when even that of nearby Enugu is underutilised?

Of course the answer is that these kinds of vanity projects are avenues for corrupt enrichment. Vote several billions of Naira to build unnecessary airport and stadium, so that you and your contractors would have the opportunity to steal a couple of billions.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 27, 2019
don4real18:

I'm sure they wouldn't make such mistakes. If Biafra was to get its Independence today, Ebonyi will be the capital just because Umayi took the bull by its horn

Capital of sokoto caliphate.

You will first become igbo before thinking of biafra.

You not igbo and u talking of biafra.

Wonderful.

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by LLobiorah: 7:59am On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Is only reconstitution of geographical map will put ebonyi on right placing but SE ...No...

If placed in North Central the airport will serve benue, taraba and the rest.

Osagyefo/Julius Malema/MensesZenawi.. Don't start with this your nonsensical writeup this morning. Have told you countless times, win a house or rep or senate election in your 'anambra state', and move for the motion to do this. 2023 will still dawn on us. For now, save your troubles.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by LLobiorah: 8:02am On Jul 27, 2019
hedonido:
Why does a state like Ebonyi need an international airport, when even that of nearby Enugu is underutilised?

Of course the answer is that these kinds of vanity projects are avenues for corrupt enrichment. Vote several billions of Naira to build unnecessary airport and stadium, so that you and your contractors would have the opportunity to steal a couple of billions.

And what if Dave, does not steal these billions, but delivers the airport in due time? For once, let's give this man a chance to prove that, he is not your average Nigerian politicians, that are all for the material aggrandizement.
Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 27, 2019
Ebukawaylaid:

Where is the Anambra Airport Obiano promised us. Uptill now, no construction is going on there. The empty land for the airport at Umueri is already overgrown with bushes.

Truth be told, Umahi is the best governor in the South East. Period!!!!

The Bible said the year uzaiah died, Isaiah see God.

So leave Abakiliki and see light.

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 27, 2019
LLobiorah:

Osagyefo/Julius Malema/MensesZenawi.. Don't start with this your nonsensical writeup this morning. Have told you countless times, win a house or rep or senate election in your 'anambra state', and move for the motion to do this. 2023 will still dawn on us. For now, save your troubles.

No time for boundless accusations.

Motion don't need to be moved. Important factor is to create awareness in people's sub consciousness and educate the world of whom these people really are.

Ebonyi doesn't belong to us(Igbo stock) and no matter how long u hold the property of a child , when hand pains u, u drop it.

The people of benue including the tivs, Idoma up to to jukuns have greater claim on ebonyi.

we have to agree that Nigeria was structured badly carving kind into different sections and that's a fundamental problem of this country.

Creating awareness will get the right thing to be done.

Re: Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 27, 2019
LLobiorah:

Nice response.
Lolzz
when someone from Abia state claims anambra and then the Tiv said nice reply...
Then the confusion is real.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari And Other APC Leaders Meet IBB In His Hilltop Residence In Minna / Ayiri Emami Storms Delta Community. PICS / Fayose Makes First Public Appearance Since Saturday's Election (VIDEO)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79