Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,179 members, 7,973,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 12:30 PM

Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister (17311 Views)

Aviation Minister Keyamo Inspects Victor Attah Int’l Airport, Akwa Ibom / "They Told Me The Place Is Dangerous": Oyinbo Man Lands In Lagos, Speaks Yoruba / International Flights Resume On 29th August 2020 -Hadi Sirika, Aviation Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister by weownlagos: 9:20am On Jul 27, 2019
magicminister:
We don’t need more 8 airports in Nigeria

Here’s my plan;

One world standard airport in each geopolitical zone and two back up airports to supplement the activities of the 6.

Then, interconnecting trains from airport to various destinations.

E.g. Enugu airport could be upgraded to world standard and light rails from Enugu would connect to Anambra, IMO e.tc.

That way, more economic activities and more employment and traffic to and fro.
Brilliant.
Re: Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister by IGBOSON1: 9:57am On Jul 27, 2019
OALandAgents:
Please has Enugu Airport already ceased international flights?

That ultimately is their plan and prayer!

That int'l status of AIIA and Ethiopian serving the airport.....if you see how the thing dey pain some Igbo hating bigots eh!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister by IGBOSON1: 10:05am On Jul 27, 2019
eaglechild:

Looks like you forget so easily.
It was under Jonathan that the airport was upgraded to international status.
It was under him that international flights started operation.
It was under him that the first runway refurbishment was done
It was under him that the international terminal building was commenced and is up to 80% completion.

Guess what, not a single block has been laid on that terminal since Buhari came to power

This is why i cut GEJ some slack! The man wasn't perfect or capable of satisfying all competing interests simultaneously (no human has that capability)! Any shortcomings on his part regarding development in Alaigbo wasn't out of spite, bigotry or vindictiveness as is presently the case with Buhari and his relative Hadi-Sirika!

3 Likes

Re: Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister by IGBOSON1: 10:08am On Jul 27, 2019
MachadoPreto:
The airport should be destroyed.

They should drive to the West if they want to fly

wink

1 Like

Re: Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister by fx45(m): 10:15am On Jul 27, 2019
olujastro:
Sirika closed down Abuja Airport for 6 wks due to the bad runway.... People only complained about the inconveniences it caused.
Same Sirika wants to close down Enugu Airport due to same bad runway. What do we hear instead?... Sirika, Buhari are anti Igbos, give us Biafra, etc.

I'm tired of reading your victim mentality comments all over the Internet, especially on YouTube where all you people do is insult Nigeria and give us a negative image.
Will you stop the lies, Ekwensu!

Sirika wanted the airport downgraded from International status to local. There was never any mention of shutting down for repairs which was what we all argued for at the time.

May your misguided hate not consume you and your family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister by OALandAgents: 10:18am On Jul 27, 2019
So as of this moment, it is still operating international flights?
IGBOSON1:

That ultimately is their plan and prayer!

That int'l status of AIIA and Ethiopian serving the airport.....if you see how the thing dey pain some Igbo hating bigots eh!
Re: Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister by IGBOSON1: 10:22am On Jul 27, 2019
Looks like someone is afraid of my posts! This thread has been in the politics section since yesterday, but the moment i make a post they panic and send it to the travel section!

Funny!

1 Like

Re: Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister by AZeD1(m): 11:33am On Jul 27, 2019
obailala:
Do you realise you're actually veering totally off point?... This is what happens when people just speak/nag out of emotions and prejudices.

A quick reminder to what my comment was about... the man said a single aeroplane in the aviation sector can translate to up to 300 jobs and he is totally right about that; end of discussion!

Whether AMCON owns Arik or Arik owns AMCON, or whether the man failed in a attempt to start an airline, or whether urchins should be at airports or not, all that is totally irrelevant to the correctness of his statement that a single aircraft can create employment for up to 300 persons, both directly and indirectly.

Regarding the launch of a national carrier, I read in that statement that the plan is for it to be totally driven by the private sector; and that is a very very good idea whether you agree or not. The previous plan where govt was to have substantial stakes was shelved, that explains the current suspension of the Nigeria Air idea.

Finally you said the essence of business is to make profit, not to create employment. May I remind you that the person being screened was being interviewed for a govt position. Just in case you do not know, or have forgotten, it is the business of government to care about whether people are employed or not.
Are you saying for every new aircraft Air Peace buys, they employ at least 300 people?
Re: Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister by obailala(m): 12:43pm On Jul 27, 2019
AZeD1:

Are you saying for every new aircraft Air Peace buys, they employ at least 300 people?
Huh?

I really wasnt expecting this kind of question even if were just for the sake of arguments. Go back and re-read my post and you may also want to read any available articles or economic materials which explain generally how job creation works. Maybe if you will do that, you will probably then understand that when for instance University X is sited at a community and is said to create say 5000 jobs, it doesn't necessarily mean University X directly employed 5000 people.
Re: Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister by AZeD1(m): 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2019
obailala:
Huh?

I really wasnt expecting this kind of question even if were just for the sake of arguments. Go back and re-read my post and you may also want to read any available articles or economic materials which explain generally how job creation works. Maybe if you will do that, you will probably then understand that when for instance University X is sited at a community and is said to create say 5000 jobs, it doesn't necessarily mean University X directly employed 5000 people.
The Minister said for every aircraft.......

I am not arguing about the indirect jobs but the direct jobs as claimed by the minister.
Re: Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister by obailala(m): 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2019
AZeD1:

The Minister said for every aircraft.......

I am not arguing about the indirect jobs but the direct jobs as claimed by the minister.
The man is a former commercial pilot and also served as the minister overseeing the entire aviation ministry. I believe he's in a better position than the both of us to reel out such statistics.
Re: Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister by Kfed4ril(m): 1:42pm On Jul 27, 2019
olujastro:

Sirika closed down Abuja Airport for 6 wks due to the bad runway.... People only complained about the inconveniences it caused.
Same Sirika wants to close down Enugu Airport due to same bad runway. What do we hear instead?... Sirika, Buhari are anti Igbos, give us Biafra, etc.

I'm tired of reading your victim mentality comments all over the Internet, especially on YouTube where all you people do is insult Nigeria and give us a negative image.

No let hatred kill you, before Abuja airport was closed it was announced that it will be closed for six week to enable them work on the runway,
But in the case of Enugu he didn’t give a specific timeframe it will be closed also he didn’t mention that it will be closed for renovations, he said Enugu airport will need to be shutdown. so spot the difference.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister by AZeD1(m): 2:52pm On Jul 27, 2019
obailala:
The man is a former commercial pilot and also served as the minister overseeing the entire aviation ministry. I believe he's in a better position than the both of us to reel out such statistics.

Ok....I still will do my own search though.
Re: Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister by magicminister: 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2019
weownlagos:

Brilliant.

Thanks. I have a lot of plans for Nigeria which are step by step plans on how we can fix the country but I don’t know if I’d ever be given the opportunity to lead even home state. It is well sha.

1 Like

Re: Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister by bal4real: 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2019
mu2sa2:
Hahahaha, who will 6give you biafra?
Don't worry, oga megi vum na anya

2 Likes

Re: Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister by weownlagos: 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2019
magicminister:

Thanks. I have a lot of plans for Nigeria which are step by step plans on how we can fix the country but I don’t know if I’d ever be given the opportunity to lead even home state. It is well sha.
Once there is tomorrow there is hope. Don't give up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport / NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants In Edo State / Federal Government Launches The New Enhanced Security E-Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.