Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,052 members, 7,973,569 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 07:48 PM

Gay Marriages - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gay Marriages (1684 Views)

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / Why Are Nigerians Terrified Of Gay Marriages In America? / ANALYSIS: Why Do Lesbians Marriages Crumble Faster Than Gay Marriages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Gay Marriages by juahjuah(f): 11:40am On Jan 18, 2006
Gay marriages, right or wrong, will it eva be accepted in Nigeria?
Re: Gay Marriages by juahjuah(f): 12:05pm On Jan 18, 2006
Can homosexual marriages raise a very good child and heterosexual marriages raise a very wrong child?
Re: Gay Marriages by gracious(f): 12:06pm On Jan 18, 2006
Gay marriages are wrong and should not be legalized in nigeria because they are not procreative, does not agree with the traditional meaning of marriage, destroys the institution of marriage,is not religious,gay fathers are more likely to abuse their children, and it destroys the building block of civilization in a country. angry
Re: Gay Marriages by nferyn(m): 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2006
Of course. Plenty of examples available (at least of heterosexuals raising 'bad' children, no indications of children in homosexual care are less well of)
Re: Gay Marriages by nferyn(m): 12:22pm On Jan 18, 2006
gracious:

Gay marriages are wrong and should not be legalized in nigeria because they are not procreative, does not agree with the traditional meaning of marriage, destroys the institution of marriage,is not religious,gay fathers are more likely to abuse their children, and it destroys the building block of civilization in a country. angry
Do you have any evidence in support of these sweeping generalisations?
Re: Gay Marriages by Seun(m): 1:14pm On Jan 18, 2006
Here's my proposal. The government should recognize homosexual unions and allow such couples to adopt children. But they should not call it marriage. They should just call it gay union and give it most of the privileges available to married couples (such as tax breaks for children in their care).

"Hello, I'm John and this is my partner Mike. We formalized our union last year."
"Hello Mike, I'm Seun and this is my wife Jill. We got married last year"

The word marriage has a specific meaning and there's no need to extend it. Just create a new word for the gays who want tax breaks and the other benefits of marriage, simple.

Everyone should be happy with that. Any country wants to license this brilliant idea? smiley
Re: Gay Marriages by nferyn(m): 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2006
Seun:

Everyone should be happy with that. Any country wants to license this brilliant idea? smiley
The US has already tried that one wink
Re: Gay Marriages by bernieman(m): 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2006
Gayism is an abnormality sad.For this reason,gay marriage should not be it should not accepted anyhow.This is because,marriage is a union of 2 people of opposite sex.And if the word of God commanded that we should go ye into the world and multiply,how will this happen in gay marriages? Has any of you ever seen lower animals of same sex making love?It's hightime human beings settle down and brainstorm about this Gay thing and see how barbaric some humans have turned.This is sad angry.Please,give this a thought.
Re: Gay Marriages by Seun(m): 2:48pm On Jan 18, 2006
We do not have a shortage of children in the world, and so the fact that gay couples can't bear children is irrelevant. In fact, there are many children who have no parents. They are called orphans. It would be better to have two gay parents than to remain orphans.

The fact that I am a man who loves women shouldn't stop me from recognizing the right of another man to love men. I believe that as much as possible we should live and let live. There are other 'sins' - like fornication, adultery, and lying - which are looked down upon by the society but are permitted by law.

Homosexuality is just like that. It may be abnormal and difficult for us to understand, but it's not even as harmful as adultery. So if people decide to go into it knowing the social consequences, they should be allowed.
Re: Gay Marriages by chillin(f): 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2006
gracious:

gracious u go girl extremely right!!! *i can hear her speak!!!*
Re: Gay Marriages by Seun(m): 3:07pm On Jan 18, 2006
You're hearing only what you want to hear! smiley
Re: Gay Marriages by chillin(f): 3:21pm On Jan 18, 2006
exactly! but i heard her speak!! every single word...i really don't know if u did or not... but i surely did
Re: Gay Marriages by gracious(f): 3:29pm On Jan 18, 2006
@ nferyn, i have a lot of proof to back up my thesis. I will post them later if u really wanna read it.
Re: Gay Marriages by gracious(f): 3:38pm On Jan 18, 2006
According to study by MFI, homosexual couples can raise good children but the only problem they encounter is that the couples face high domestic violence which could affect the children
Re: Gay Marriages by nferyn(m): 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2006
gracious:

@ nferyn, i have a lot of proof to back up my thesis. I will post them later if u really want to read it.
yes, I really want to read it. Looking forward to the great unmasking of the gay conspiracy to take over the world, the protocols of the elders of gayon, recoverd by passing through great dangers out of the hell gates of San Fransisco grin grin (sorry, just couldn't let that pass)
Re: Gay Marriages by nferyn(m): 3:59pm On Jan 18, 2006
gracious:

According to study by MFI, homosexual couples can raise good children but the only problem they encounter is that the couples face high domestic violence which could affect the children
Sources please
Re: Gay Marriages by gracious(f): 6:10pm On Jan 18, 2006
@ nferyn. i have a lot of current education sources. They range from books to websites. I did my thesis on same- sex marriage last fall. so i am very well informed on this topic. it was an amazing research topic. i have up to 20 sources/references on this topic. i will put them up.
Re: Gay Marriages by nferyn(m): 11:34pm On Jan 18, 2006
gracious:

@ nferyn. i have a lot of current education sources. They range from books to websites. I did my thesis on same- sex marriage last fall. so i am very well informed on this topic. it was an amazing research topic. i have up to 20 sources/references on this topic. i will put them up.
I would be eternally grateful if you could wink
What were you studying if I may ask?
Re: Gay Marriages by Seun(m): 9:05am On Jan 19, 2006
Apparently, the answer for now remains a firm "no" as the Nigerian Government is planning a law making same-sex marriage an offense punishable by a non-negotiable five year prison term. It is also an offence to encourage same-sex marriage: 5 years, wow!

(1)

Why Do People Send Their Aged Parents To "old Peoples Home"? Will You? / Ladies! What Would You Do If Your Husband Is Infertile? / Should A MAN And His Wife Bath Together In Public Bathroom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.