Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,763 members, 7,898,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 05:26 PM

Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan (11638 Views)

Imo Seem To Be Richer Than Anambra Is True? / Nigerian Slum Contest: Anambra Is The State With The Least Slums In Nigeria / Ogwu-Ikpele Town In Anambra Is Submerged By River Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by poweredcom(m): 11:51pm On Oct 17, 2010
@sleekch1c

You better go and survey Anambra well I am not saying that you guys are not productive. I meanther are insecurity there and Lack of Love among the people

@maimalari

Yeah I beg tell them Awka is full of dirt on the streets and Onitsha na dangerous place and very Razz
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Obiagu1(m): 12:08am On Oct 18, 2010
Anambra have people that NEVER give up, whether educated or not, they tend to fight to get to the top.
I think GEJ is right.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by udezue(m): 12:46am On Oct 18, 2010
If the comment offends jump off a cliff. Jonathan is not from Anambra so I know his statement wasn't out of bias. Yoruba ppl ignorant boast about being the 1st receive western education or being the most educated but get guts to come and cry about this. Its a fact so shut up.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by mensdept: 1:20am On Oct 18, 2010
Its just politics. You enter a state and say what you want them to hear, even if its obviously false
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by chyz(m): 1:21am On Oct 18, 2010
mens dept:

Its just politics. You enter a state and say what you want them to hear, even if its obviously false

Even if its obviously true as well. grin
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by EzeUche0(m): 1:23am On Oct 18, 2010
Anambra people have intelligence.

And I am an unbiased observer since I hail from Abia.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Afanna1: 1:27am On Oct 18, 2010
cool
source
Anambra: Collapsed Structure erected by Obi boys.
http://www.ukpakareports.com/listpics.php?photo_id=182&start=20

Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Abagworo(m): 1:33am On Oct 18, 2010
For those posting pictures,the topic is about brain and knowdledge.Your pictures are not needed.Anambra is without doubt full of brains but I still feel that they are yet to be harnessed to the benefit of all and sundry.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by AkinEgba: 1:36am On Oct 18, 2010
Abagworo:

For those posting pictures,the topic is about brain and knowdledge.Your pictures are not needed.Anambra is without doubt full of brains but I still feel that they are yet to be harnessed to the benefit of all and sundry.

I wonder. They should take their anger to Jonathan. But he should have mentioned Ogun too because we gat brain boxes too. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by adconline(m): 2:38am On Oct 18, 2010
The problem with the above statement with regard to Anambra is that there has not been enough collaboration between entrepreneurs and academicians. It has been a divergent pathway for business leaders and intellectual leaders in the state. Intellectuals feel that those who are in business have missed out by not acquiring a lot of degrees while those in business feel that money is the only way of settling and keeping scores. Come to think of it, we mostly go to school to improve ourselves financially and otherwise.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Ranoscky(m): 5:21am On Oct 18, 2010
kettykings:

The people of the south east should not just deceive them selves the competion has moved over to the economic front and unless and until ibos wake up from their silly slumber they will soon loose out of the economic front.

There is a secret blow being carried out when people of certain tribes (yorubas) recruit in oil , telecom and banking sectors , to screen out people who aren't their tribes men.
Ever wondered why if you see someone who has been looking for job for 5 to 10 years he is likely to be ibo.

silly ibos get river niger dredged, an international airport in enugu, start up oil and gas companies that will explore resourses in your land and give jobs to your teeming graduates , to produce graduates is not enough but also get them empowered if their education is not strong enough to empower them as is obtainable in Nigerian universities

The gullibility of ibos is overglaring

Lame !!!
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Ranoscky(m): 5:33am On Oct 18, 2010
Just look at what a so called sane human bein quoted below:

poweredcom:

@sleekch1c

You better go and survey Anambra well I am not saying that you guys are not productive. I meanther are insecurity there and Lack of Love among the people

@maimalari

Yeah I beg tell them Awka is full of dirt on the streets and Onitsha na dangerous place and very Razz

And dis charf would tell me dat he's lookin for a better Nigeria, na so oda western country dey talk to each oda ?

Ok O! Keep on advertisin the Lameness of your IQ.

Taaaaalk, im listenin !!!
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by kettykings: 7:05am On Oct 18, 2010
@ maimalari I know for certain that your place maiduguri is neither cleaner, economically more viable or more secure than Onitsha. Let those who live in tatch houses not throw stones.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by MetalGong4: 9:20am On Oct 18, 2010
adconline:

The problem with the above statement with regard to Anambra is that there has not been enough collaboration between entrepreneurs and academicians. It has been a divergent pathway for business leaders and intellectual leaders in the state. Intellectuals feel that those who are in business have missed out by not acquiring a lot of degrees while those in business feel that money is the only way of settling and keeping scores. Come to think of it, we mostly go to school to improve ourselves financially and otherwise.

I agree with your view point.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 18, 2010
mens dept:

Abi o. . .i'm still wondering what he will say when he gets to Ekiti .
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 18, 2010
[size=14pt]The statement is politically tact and economically true[/size]
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by SHEAU(m): 10:33am On Oct 18, 2010
yepa! anambrain. brain box ko, gear box ni, lol grin nuffin is working in that state. Jo boy! we all know this is nuffin but politics
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 18, 2010
The man is right!

Anambrarians are extraordinary industrialists, no doubt about that! cool
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Ninapha(f): 11:08am On Oct 18, 2010
CAPITAL NO, WE DON'T WANT HIM PERIOD,

U are the ibos. Better say capital no, "I DONT WANT HIM" dont make the mistake of generalising what u have no control over.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Mkpotu(m): 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2010
The fact is simple, different people and different states have what you can use to best qualify them.

For those voices chanting foul because President Goodluck has described ANAMBRA STATE AS THE BRAIN BOX OF NIGERIA, those people are doing so out of jealousy and wickedness and they will continue to be disappointed. They can best be described as enemies of progress, may be they would have expected a bomb blast in Anambra State during Presidents visit or any negative thing, in that case I know they would have been happier.

Any person that knows Nigeria, Anambra State and her indigenes, knows that what President Goodluck is saying is nothing but the truth and I make bold to say it that some of you lame minds who sit at the back of their PC talking rubbish do not have a better knowledge of the various parts of the country than the President. At least for the benefit of doubt, being the president of Nigeria gives him at least 70% of the 36 states of the Federation let alone states like Anambra with its economic/human/ intellectual endowment.

Goodluck has never said Anambra is the most developed (like Lagos, PH, Kano,Kaduna, Enugu)- No !, He has never said Anambra is the most peaceful (Like Cross River, Taraba, Niger)- No !, He never said Anambra is the richest (like Lagos, Kano, Rivers, Delta, etc) No !, He never said Anambra is the tourist centre of Nigeria (like Cross River, Plateau, Taraba, Kano, Enugu, Lagos, Edo) rather he rightly pointed out that Anambra is the Brain Box of Nigeria and the reasons are simple and I make bold to state them:
(1) Anambra state carved out from the Old Anambra which had Enugu as its capital was created in 1991 with Awka as her capital, is a state blessed with great Human Resources, men of great intellectuals both in academic field, entrepreneurial, politically, religious and otherwise.

(2) Anambra state has two major commercial towns to wit: Onitsha and Nnewi. While Nnewi is known for her automobile/parts manufacturing as well as motorcycle manufacturing, Onitsha is a pure commercial city which has several big markets and infact the Main market in Onitsha, a standard market which had in the past years adjudged as the biggest market in West Africa.

(3) I make bold to say it that today, any part of Nigeria (like Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Abuja, etc and neighboring counties like Ghana, Benin, Anambrarians and infact Igbos, having taking those commercial initiatives of what we have at Nnewi to all these places and infact these went further to support Presidents Goodluck assertion during his visit in Lagos, where he observed without hiding his feelings the immense contribution of the Igbos in the commercial nature/city of Lagos today.

(4) It is important to state that another reason why President Goodluck have made his observation which we do not owe anybody apology is that Anambra people have held influential positions in the country and during such period they have distinguished themselves in doing their assignment without any bias or sectional interest, eg Great Zik of Afrika, a pure nationalist. Chief Emeka Anyaoku, Prof. Dora Akunyili, etc

Once more I salute the economic sagacity of these notable industrialists in Anambra like Dr. Innocent Chukwuma of Innoson Group of Companies & Dr. Ifeanyi Eric Okoye of Juhel Nig ltd, Cosmas Maduka of Coscharis ltd etc, their effort so far in the Think Home Philosophy is a step in the right direction.

I believe with the support of the Govt at both Federal and State, as well as better understanding between the WELL READ and the BUSINESS MOGULS in Anambra State coming together to harness ideas and resources, Anambra will be a more enviable state.

Ndibeanyi, ekene mu unu!!!
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Obiagu1(m): 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2010
^^^

Gbam!
Udo dili gi.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by myview: 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2010
Mkpotu:

The fact is simple, different people and different states have what you can use to best qualify them.

For those voices chanting foul because President Goodluck has described ANAMBRA STATE AS THE BRAIN BOX OF NIGERIA, those people are doing so out of jealousy and wickedness and they will continue to be disappointed. They can best be described as enemies of progress, may be they would have expected a bomb blast in Anambra State during Presidents visit or any negative thing, in that case I know they would have been happier.

Any person that knows Nigeria, Anambra State and her indigenes, knows that what President Goodluck is saying is nothing but the truth and I make bold to say it that some of you lame minds who sit at the back of their PC talking rubbish do not have a better knowledge of the various parts of the country than the President. At least for the benefit of doubt, being the president of Nigeria gives him at least 70% of the 36 states of the Federation let alone states like Anambra with its economic/human/ intellectual endowment.

Goodluck has never said Anambra is the most developed (like Lagos, PH, Kano,Kaduna, Enugu)- No !, He has never said Anambra is the most peaceful (Like Cross River, Taraba, Niger)- No !, He never said Anambra is the richest (like Lagos, Kano, Rivers, Delta, etc) No !, He never said Anambra is the tourist centre of Nigeria (like Cross River, Plateau, Taraba, Kano, Enugu, Lagos, Edo) rather he rightly pointed out that Anambra is the Brain Box of Nigeria and the reasons are simple and I make bold to state them:
(1) Anambra state carved out from the Old Anambra which had Enugu as its capital was created in 1991 with Awka as her capital, is a state blessed with great Human Resources, men of great intellectuals both in academic field, entrepreneurial, politically, religious and otherwise.

(2) Anambra state has two major commercial towns to wit: Onitsha and Nnewi. While Nnewi is known for her automobile/parts manufacturing as well as motorcycle manufacturing, Onitsha is a pure commercial city which has several big markets and infact the Main market in Onitsha, a standard market which had in the past years adjudged as the biggest market in West Africa.

(3) I make bold to say it that today, any part of Nigeria (like Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Abuja, etc and neighboring counties like Ghana, Benin, Anambrarians and infact Igbos, having taking those commercial initiatives of what we have at Nnewi to all these places and infact these went further to support Presidents Goodluck assertion during his visit in Lagos, where he observed without hiding his feelings the immense contribution of the Igbos in the commercial nature/city of Lagos today.

(4) It is important to state that another reason why President Goodluck have made his observation which we do not owe anybody apology is that Anambra people have held influential positions in the country and during such period they have distinguished themselves in doing their assignment without any bias or sectional interest, eg Great Zik of Afrika, a pure nationalist. Chief Emeka Anyaoku, Prof. Dora Akunyili, etc

Once more I salute the economic sagacity of these notable industrialists in Anambra like Dr. Innocent Chukwuma of Innoson Group of Companies & Dr. Ifeanyi Eric Okoye of Juhel Nig ltd, Cosmas Maduka of Coscharis ltd etc, their effort so far in the Think Home Philosophy is a step in the right direction.

I believe with the support of the Govt at both Federal and State, as well as better understanding between the WELL READ and the BUSINESS MOGULS in Anambra State coming together to harness ideas and resources, Anambra will be a more enviable state.

Ndibeanyi, ekene mu unu!!!

GBAM GBAM GBAM!!!!
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by noru: 2:32pm On Oct 18, 2010
Why the attack on Jonathan, Is it the Federal Government that will fix your roads, Don't you people have Governor?
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Ayolugbema(m): 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2010
Jonathan:
Is just making a valid observation:

Anambra has produced more than its fair share of brains to the world: it doesn't mean that the other states cant and have not:
They are too many to mention.
Some of them you have never heard of before:

1. Basil Oli
2. Jude O. Igwemezie, Chairman, Globim
3. Johnson Agogbua, Founder Broadband Office
4. Obi Awduche, Information Technology George Mason
5. Alex Animalu PhD Cantab Quantum Physic
6. Dr  Mike Okey Areh, PhD, MIT, Pharma  Odu of Onitsha
These are just hidden ones that are not in the glare of publicity: JEAG knows what he is talking about.
Any way Nigeria's future is bright it is Goodluck
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by chines4(m): 3:40pm On Oct 18, 2010
dem don come again

Like say na Only Anambra get brain, abi brain to dupe

Check out the roads in Anambra state is nothing to write home about and it is a very industrious state , crime in Onitsha market and hatred amongst the Anambra people no co operation because of Too much Love of ego-Money and dirty streetz

If you are from Anambra you dont have Money you are a fool , Small boy will step on you,

infact the only Man in Anambra i can say i cherish is Philip Emegwali Grin Grin Grin

And Philip Emegwali is from which state. Tell me one person from your state that I will cherish?. Tell me any society that is perfect. Anambra state is improving and we thank God for that. Rome was not built in a day. We have the BRAIN we will get there

Anambra Kwenu, Muo Nu, Kacha Nu
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by JUO(m): 5:52pm On Oct 18, 2010
he is the man
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Ranoscky(m): 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2010
No comment !!!
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by EzeCanada: 8:53pm On Oct 18, 2010
To state that Anambra Igbos are the brain box of Nigeria is an understatement.

Igbos generally, Anambra Igbos in particular have one of the finest brains in Africa, and will compete favorably anywhere in the world.

GEJ is not an ordinary citizen, he is PhD holder too and therefore should be knowledgeable enough to know his facts.

Many Nigerians (Nairalanders inclusive) don't have progressive mind, but they fail to understand that if you are non-progressive, things won't go well with you.

Yeah right! El-Rufai is also dumb and biased to observe that Anambra Igbos own about 73% of Abuja landmass, own about 85% of urban Lagos. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-54751.0.html

If Anambra Igbos all stay home in a given day, Nigeria Nation will not function on that particular day.

List of aclaimed Anambra Igbos world wide is countless, while many of them well celebrated, others choose to maintain a low profile.

While I acknowledge the Ekiti Yoruba's in terms of thier acedemic input, If I say Ogun Yoruba's are the next in Nigeria in terms of productivity after the Igbos, does that make me biased? Food for thought for every one.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Chaaaan(f): 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2010
Keep calling names. Anambra is full of entrepreneurs but come 2 think of it, how come the level of communication in Anambra low. So many inaccessible roads. These people are busy helping to develop another man's land while Anambra land is being swept off by gully erosion.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by ugoani(m): 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2010
That our GEJ talks before he thinks may not be far from the truth, but his observation about Anambra is so clear and understandable that no one needs to conduct any reseach to see the natural gift of GOD on the Anambrarians when it comes to brain and what goes with it. For their private achievements speaks for its self worldwide, i may not be from there, but the truth is the truth .
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by playmode(m): 12:08am On Oct 19, 2010
After reading some of the comments that were posted after my initial post it is not hard for me to see why Nigerians are still slaves to the PDP.My initial comment was not tribalistic or sentimental. My comment addressed the ability of the so called president to think before he talks.

In a nation of 150 million people and over 30 states do you honestly think it is wise to call one state the brain box of Nigeria? Anambra may have produced a lot of great minds ,i will not take that away from the state but it is insensitive for the president to call it the brain box of the nation. He could have tabled his sentence in a different way.Do you know what will happen if obama were to say California was the brain box of the united states? There will be a major uproar, you just can’t make comments like that especially when you are a president. He could have simply said that Anambra has produced some of the best brains in Nigeria. This is a more subtle way to put it without unnecessarily causing jealously in other states.

By saying Anambra is the brain box of Nigeria ,it means Nigeria cannot function without Anambra.That Anambra is the engine that drives Nigeria. That is a very heavy statement that he should not have made at all. A leader like Hugo Chavez of Venezuela will never make a statement like that at least not in that manner. A leader should think about the consequences of his remarks before he speaks. I do not have anything against Anambra or any other state for that matter but I despise cheap politics. Cheap politics that is meant to deceive the unsuspecting populace into voting for a particular candidate. In plain terms it is called a.z.z kissing and that is what Jonathan is doing.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by abbey621(m): 1:01am On Oct 19, 2010
@playmode- u really make sense, finally someone 2 tell these fools bragging about their useless brainbox, why would a president of 30 different states call one particular state the brains behind the country, if OBJ had came out and said Ogun state was the brain behind nigeria, I'm sure everyone would have cried foul, this is what I've been saying all along, jonathan's advisers are pushing him towards failure, he needs to wake up and seriously pick up some sense, gosh,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Dares Jonathan To Sue Akande For Libel / Latest List Of Oil Producing States By Barrels Produced Perday / Things APC And PDP supporters Have In Common

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.