Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,218 members, 7,932,107 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 06:09 PM

Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan (11675 Views)

Imo Seem To Be Richer Than Anambra Is True? / Nigerian Slum Contest: Anambra Is The State With The Least Slums In Nigeria / Ogwu-Ikpele Town In Anambra Is Submerged By River Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by OgidiBoy(m): 1:08am On Oct 19, 2010
Mkpotu:

The fact is simple, different people and different states have what you can use to best qualify them.

For those voices chanting foul because President Goodluck has described ANAMBRA STATE AS THE BRAIN BOX OF NIGERIA, those people are doing so out of jealousy and wickedness and they will continue to be disappointed. They can best be described as enemies of progress, may be they would have expected a bomb blast in Anambra State during Presidents visit or any negative thing, in that case I know they would have been happier.

Any person that knows Nigeria, Anambra State and her indigenes, knows that what President Goodluck is saying is nothing but the truth and I make bold to say it that some of you lame minds who sit at the back of their PC talking rubbish do not have a better knowledge of the various parts of the country than the President. At least for the benefit of doubt, being the president of Nigeria gives him at least 70% of the 36 states of the Federation let alone states like Anambra with its economic/human/ intellectual endowment.

Goodluck has never said Anambra is the most developed (like Lagos, PH, Kano,Kaduna, Enugu)- No !, He has never said Anambra is the most peaceful (Like Cross River, Taraba, Niger)- No !, He never said Anambra is the richest (like Lagos, Kano, Rivers, Delta, etc) No !, He never said Anambra is the tourist centre of Nigeria (like Cross River, Plateau, Taraba, Kano, Enugu, Lagos, Edo) rather he rightly pointed out that Anambra is the Brain Box of Nigeria and the reasons are simple and I make bold to state them:
(1) Anambra state carved out from the Old Anambra which had Enugu as its capital was created in 1991 with Awka as her capital, is a state blessed with great Human Resources, men of great intellectuals both in academic field, entrepreneurial, politically, religious and otherwise.

(2) Anambra state has two major commercial towns to wit: Onitsha and Nnewi. While Nnewi is known for her automobile/parts manufacturing as well as motorcycle manufacturing, Onitsha is a pure commercial city which has several big markets and infact the Main market in Onitsha, a standard market which had in the past years adjudged as the biggest market in West Africa.

(3) I make bold to say it that today, any part of Nigeria (like Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Abuja, etc and neighboring counties like Ghana, Benin, Anambrarians and infact Igbos, having taking those commercial initiatives of what we have at Nnewi to all these places and infact these went further to support Presidents Goodluck assertion during his visit in Lagos, where he observed without hiding his feelings the immense contribution of the Igbos in the commercial nature/city of Lagos today.

(4) It is important to state that another reason why President Goodluck have made his observation which we do not owe anybody apology is that Anambra people have held influential positions in the country and during such period they have distinguished themselves in doing their assignment without any bias or sectional interest, eg Great Zik of Afrika, a pure nationalist. Chief Emeka Anyaoku, Prof. Dora Akunyili, etc

Once more I salute the economic sagacity of these notable industrialists in Anambra like Dr. Innocent Chukwuma of Innoson Group of Companies & Dr. Ifeanyi Eric Okoye of Juhel Nig ltd, Cosmas Maduka of Coscharis ltd etc, their effort so far in the Think Home Philosophy is a step in the right direction.

I believe with the support of the Govt at both Federal and State, as well as better understanding between the WELL READ and the BUSINESS MOGULS in Anambra State coming together to harness ideas and resources, Anambra will be a more enviable state.

Ndibeanyi, ekene mu unu!!!

Nna ndewo,!!

Your post is the smartest thing I've read on NL ever,
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by adconline(m): 1:39am On Oct 19, 2010
By saying Anambra is the brain box of Nigeria ,it means Nigeria cannot function without Anambra.That Anambra is the engine that drives Nigeria. That is a very heavy statement that he should not have made at all. A leader like Hugo Chavez of Venezuela will never make a statement like that at least not in that manner. A leader should think about the consequences of his remarks before he speaks. I do not have anything against Anambra or any other state for that matter but I despise cheap politics. Cheap politics that is meant to deceive the unsuspecting populace into voting for a particular candidate. In plain terms it is called a.z.z kissing and that is what Jonathan is doing.

Since American is a model for our "democracy" State like Texas is called lone star state and Texans would tell  you dont mess with Texas, does that mean that the rest of 49 states are irrelevant? Texas would even boast that she can separate from the union any time she wants to.California is known for Hollywood movies, Silicon Valley where companies like google, facebook, and yahoo etc were hatched. New York City is the financial capital does that  mean that every other state doesn't have shit to offer? GEJ was on a working visit to Anambra, so if he were in Delta, he would have said something like  power house or Saudi Arabia of Nigeria. Lagos could called Dubai or NYC of Nigeria.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by babapupa: 4:39am On Oct 19, 2010
lol @ brain box of Nigeria. What an moronic statement.

Dude was probably talking about areas like kidnapping, fake drugs, 419 and other anti social ills.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by EzeCanada: 4:58am On Oct 19, 2010
SONG FOR THE BAD BELLE'S AND ENEMIES OF PROGRESS. OSONDI OWENDI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ_Tpgvwt-c
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by chyz(m): 5:14am On Oct 19, 2010
adconline:

By saying Anambra is the brain box of Nigeria ,it means Nigeria cannot function without Anambra.That Anambra is the engine that drives Nigeria. That is a very heavy statement that he should not have made at all. A leader like Hugo Chavez of Venezuela will never make a statement like that at least not in that manner. A leader should think about the consequences of his remarks before he speaks. I do not have anything against Anambra or any other state for that matter but I despise cheap politics. Cheap politics that is meant to deceive the unsuspecting populace into voting for a particular candidate. In plain terms it is called a.z.z kissing and that is what Jonathan is doing.

Since American is a model for our "democracy" State like Texas is called lone star state and Texans would tell  you dont mess with Texas, does that mean that the rest of 49 states are irrelevant? Texas would even boast that she can separate from the union any time she wants to.California is known for Hollywood movies, Silicon Valley where companies like google, facebook, and yahoo etc were hatched. New York City is the financial capital does that  mean that every other state doesn't have poo to offer? GEJ was on a working visit to Anambra, so if he were in Delta, he would have said something like  power house or Saudi Arabia of Nigeria. Lagos could called Dubai or NYC of Nigeria.

Is it that serious?
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by babapupa: 5:34am On Oct 19, 2010
Mkpotu:

The fact is simple, different people and different states have what you can use to best qualify them.

For those voices chanting foul because President Goodluck has described ANAMBRA STATE AS THE BRAIN BOX OF NIGERIA, those people are doing so out of jealousy and wickedness and they will continue to be disappointed. They can best be described as enemies of progress, may be they would have expected a bomb blast in Anambra State during Presidents visit or any negative thing, in that case I know they would have been happier.

Any person that knows Nigeria, Anambra State and her indigenes, knows that what President Goodluck is saying is nothing but the truth and I make bold to say it that some of you lame minds who sit at the back of their PC talking rubbish do not have a better knowledge of the various parts of the country than the President. At least for the benefit of doubt, being the president of Nigeria gives him at least 70% of the 36 states of the Federation let alone states like Anambra with its economic/human/ intellectual endowment.

Goodluck has never said Anambra is the most developed (like Lagos, PH, Kano,Kaduna, Enugu)- No !, He has never said Anambra is the most peaceful (Like Cross River, Taraba, Niger)- No !, He never said Anambra is the richest (like Lagos, Kano, Rivers, Delta, etc) No !, He never said Anambra is the tourist centre of Nigeria (like Cross River, Plateau, Taraba, Kano, Enugu, Lagos, Edo) rather he rightly pointed out that Anambra is the Brain Box of Nigeria and the reasons are simple and I make bold to state them:
(1) Anambra state carved out from the Old Anambra which had Enugu as its capital was created in 1991 with Awka as her capital, is a state blessed with great Human Resources, men of great intellectuals both in academic field, entrepreneurial, politically, religious and otherwise.

(2) Anambra state has two major commercial towns to wit: Onitsha and Nnewi. While Nnewi is known for her automobile/parts manufacturing as well as motorcycle manufacturing, Onitsha is a pure commercial city which has several big markets and infact the Main market in Onitsha, a standard market which had in the past years adjudged as the biggest market in West Africa.

(3) I make bold to say it that today, any part of Nigeria (like Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Abuja, etc and neighboring counties like Ghana, Benin, Anambrarians and infact Igbos, having taking those commercial initiatives of what we have at Nnewi to all these places and infact these went further to support Presidents Goodluck assertion during his visit in Lagos, where he observed without hiding his feelings the immense contribution of the Igbos in the commercial nature/city of Lagos today.

(4) It is important to state that another reason why President Goodluck have made his observation which we do not owe anybody apology is that Anambra people have held influential positions in the country and during such period they have distinguished themselves in doing their assignment without any bias or sectional interest, eg Great Zik of Afrika, a pure nationalist. Chief Emeka Anyaoku, Prof. Dora Akunyili, etc

Once more I salute the economic sagacity of these notable industrialists in Anambra like Dr. Innocent Chukwuma of Innoson Group of Companies & Dr. Ifeanyi Eric Okoye of Juhel Nig ltd, Cosmas Maduka of Coscharis ltd etc, their effort so far in the Think Home Philosophy is a step in the right direction.

I believe with the support of the Govt at both Federal and State, as well as better understanding between the WELL READ and the BUSINESS MOGULS in Anambra State coming together to harness ideas and resources, Anambra will be a more enviable state.

I admire your tribal igbo kwenu stuff, but your write up remains nothing but tribal rubbish.

And the highlighted part is of course one of the funniest shallow nonsense igbo people love to throw around. I don't enjoy  knocking what honest people do to put bread on the table, but constantly repeating that rubbish is insane and ridiculous.

Claiming parasitic crap like okada, hawking goods on our streets and highways  and setting up  spare part stalls in Alaba and other places is immense contribution is ludicrous when Lagosians have been on the grind way before igbo mass Exodus into Lagos state because the o called  engine box couldn't get it together back home.

The may Industrial estates from Ikeja industrial to Ilupeju industrial, Mofoluku industrial, Apapa industrial, Ogba Industrial, Iganmu Industrial, Agbara Industrial, Ikorodu Industrial, Yaba Industria and many more in Lagos have been  and still the Nation's industrial engines, not to even mention industrialists like Okoya Thomas, Eleganza and others on the grind since day one.

GEJ's ever spitting rubbish mouth is indeed getting out of control, but dude is a politician, they talk rubbish and kiss a/s/s to get votes.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by babapupa: 5:35am On Oct 19, 2010

This exactly what GEJ was doing, but trust Ibo people to fall anything,

lmao,
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by chyz(m): 5:51am On Oct 19, 2010
babapupa:

lmao,

Whether it was or wasn't he said it and that is that. Anambra is the brain box of nigeria. cool
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by babapupa: 5:54am On Oct 19, 2010
chyz:

Whether it was or wasn't he said it and that is that. Anambra is the brain box of nigeria. cool

lol,

Of course, little and meaningless nonsense excites shallow minds.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by chyz(m): 5:56am On Oct 19, 2010
babapupa:

lol,

Of course, little and meaningless nonsense excites shallow minds.

True that.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by OgidiBoy(m): 6:00am On Oct 19, 2010
Mkpotu:

This your post has ruffled alot of feathers on NL oh!!! grin grin grin

Me I'm going to bed before some people start jumping off bridges because of ordinary NL POST grin grin
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by adconline(m): 6:03am On Oct 19, 2010
Claiming parasitic crap like okada, hawking goods on our streets and highways  and setting up  spare part stalls in Alaba and other places is immense contribution is ludicrous when Lagosians have been on the grind way before igbo mass Exodus into Lagos state because the o called  engine box couldn't get it together back home.

Too moronic to claim to be called a Lagosian, but too wretched to live in it. Most of these down trodden spare parts dealers in Alaba drive better cars and live in better houses and neighborhoods than you. If I had to choose between living in Epe as a Lagosian and  living in Alaba as a non-Lagosian, I would  choose Alaba any day.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 6:05am On Oct 19, 2010
I have a real bad news for the Babapupas of nairaland.

Anambra state is only warming up!

Okay, jump into that well.  cool cool
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 6:11am On Oct 19, 2010
adconline:

[
Too moronic to claim to be called a Lagosian, but too wretched to live in it. Most of these down trodden spare parts dealers in Alaba drive better cars and live in better houses and neighborhoods than you. If I had to choose between living in Epe as a Lagosian and  living in Alaba as a non-Lagosian, I would  choose Alaba any day.

The biggest irony is that most of these Alaba boys have super decent houses (homes really) in the east.
Lagos will end up being a "market" for Anambra and Igbo boys while "home" will be built in the East.
We hustle in Lagos, and "eat" in the East. lmao!

If you need a rope, I'd be happy to "donate" one.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by AkinEgba: 6:21am On Oct 19, 2010
Some things I find in these Ibos are:
1. Their educated ones tower above the rest in Nigeria
2. Their industrialists tower above the rest in Nigeria
3. Their nollywood contribution tower above the rest in Nigeria
4. Their women tower above the rest in Nigeria
5. Their nationalism tower above the rest in Nigeria
6. Their sports persons tower above the rest in Nigeria
7. Their traders- including importers and exporters- tower above the rest in Nigeria

But then,

Their drug pushers tower above the rest in Nigeria; so are their kidnappers and possibly their armed robbers (this one is arguable though)
In all, a society is defined by its good and in any case you need a brain box to do both good and evil. Therefore, Igbos, I must say, trump them all. We Yorubas are cool though, with our human rituals, owambe with bank money and deadly motor park touting; we no send. And, na we get Lagos. No shaking
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by chyz(m): 6:22am On Oct 19, 2010
Onlytruth:

The biggest irony is that most of these Alaba boys have super decent houses (homes really) in the east.
Lagos will end up being a "market" for Anambra and Igbo boys while "home" will be built in the East.
We hustle in Lagos, and "eat" in the East. lmao!

If you need a rope, I'd be happy to "donate" one.

My broda it has always been like that. grin

Igbo Kwenu!!!
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by EzeUche0(m): 6:31am On Oct 19, 2010
Anambra is the brain box of Nigeria. Now pull the trigger.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by ReLaTE(m): 7:28am On Oct 19, 2010
GEJ was rite and we shuld avoid ths tribalistic manner of contributing to any issue that affects any tribe or state. We all came frm different states and ours has its own good,so we shuld accept and be proud of them.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Goldmind1(m): 9:26am On Oct 19, 2010
Am proud to be an anambrarian.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by ugoani(m): 3:42pm On Oct 19, 2010
N'Landers i think its time we device a means of reaching our dear GEJ through nairaland so as to be able to offer him qualitative advice on how to speak in public for it appears he has non. But this does not dismiss the fact that his observation is acurate, its only that he put it in a way that generated jelousy, for its certain this people called Anambra are really genius in almost all human endevor even in crime
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Arysexy(m): 11:11pm On Oct 20, 2010
BREAKING NEWS

Babapupa just hung himself on top of third mainland bridge. Reason, '' GEJ CALLED ANAMBRA STATE THE BRAIN BOX OF NIGERIA'' grin grin grin
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Arysexy(m): 11:22pm On Oct 20, 2010
cool
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by mensdept: 2:15am On Oct 21, 2010
babapupa:

lmao,

Well done. This thread has gone round and round as a result of what GEJ said when he went to Anambra state. So what if he said Anambra is the greatest and I mean greatest land in Africa for election purposes. The issue is, is Anambra where its supposed to be, and Nigeria as a whole? The answer is NO.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by hugooh42(m): 9:41am On Oct 21, 2010
@AKIN- EGBATheir drug pushers tower above the rest in Nigeria; so are their kidnappers and possibly their armed robbers (this one is arguable though)

I thought niger delta led in kidnapping, but presently Abia state. How come you mention Anambra state?
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by AkinEgba: 2:30pm On Oct 21, 2010
hugooh42:

@AKIN- EGBATheir drug pushers tower above the rest in Nigeria; so are their kidnappers and possibly their armed robbers (this one is arguable though)

I thought niger delta led in  kidnapping, but presently Abia state. How come you mention Anambra state?

If you read my post more carefully, you would have seen that I am talking about the Ibos in general. Of course there is kidnapping in Niger Delta and elsewhere in Nigeria.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Nchara: 9:02pm On Feb 23, 2012
Good old thread
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by sheyguy: 9:42pm On Feb 23, 2012
Nchara:

Good old thread
Stop deluding urself, Gej was saying things to get support then. He was relying on rigging and ACN to deliver the SW to him then. Can he say the same again? Never.
With Dora in very much in the scheme of things then Anambrans foolishly saw Gej as a president that would favour them, but u & i know the story today.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by OneNaira6: 11:44pm On Feb 23, 2012
DAMN I've never seen this much hating on one thread.  

grin grin grin grin grin E dey pain una well well. Is it because he did not call your state the brain box of Nigeria?
Chei, he did not call my state the brain box of Nigeria but you ain't seeing that much hating by me.
Chill  grin grin grin

^^^^^@ thread

Anambra are very industrious thus a likely hood they are the brain box of Nigeria.  Visit any Nigerian company, trust me if an Anambra man is not evolved one way in that company then the company is not worth anything.  grin grin grin joking.
They are industrious though.
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by chino11(m): 12:53pm On Feb 25, 2012
^

You have said it all. Anambra will continue to be at the fore front and brain box of Nigeria
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Dainfamous: 1:37pm On Feb 25, 2012
before nko,anambra state is full of brain, cheesy cheesy
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by Dainfamous: 1:43pm On Feb 25, 2012
Babangida call anambra nnewi japan of Africa anambra people are very intelligent you people should check yourselves very well playing  bad belle will make u look silly,anambra produce cars and the parts too, intellectuals plenty, GEJ is not the first president that have said things like that b4 get it,in the SE anambra is the pillar talk-less of Nigeria,
Re: Anambra Is The Brain Box Of Nigeria-jonathan by GeneralGEJ: 1:48pm On Feb 25, 2012
2 years on - has he fixed ziks grave

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police To MASSOB : Don't Hoist Biafran-Flag / Young Officers Design & Build Drone / War Is A Terrible Thing Biafran War In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.