Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,197 members, 7,932,067 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 05:21 PM

2011: Ohanaeze Backs Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Ohanaeze Backs Jonathan (3253 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: NANS Backs Jonathan’s Second Term / Boko Haram Backs Jonathan For President! / NDYM Backs Jonathan On Subsidy Removal! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Backs Jonathan by Akanbiedu(m): 9:13am On Oct 20, 2010
Onlytruth:

I wouldn't think that Ohanaeze or Jonathan is really counting seriously on South west votes to win this election.

My educated guess is that Jonathan wants to win South East, South South, and North Central.
He would then turn South West into a battle ground where he will get some votes . If he does these, he will win.

The most strategic zone in the forth coming election is the South East.

Again, Jonathan may be in possession of true population figures of Nigeria (not the fake being bandied for years). He may know where the population lies.

So, this endorsement is big deal.

As for Igbo interest in Nigeria, I really think it goes beyond the presidency. For now, we need more states and true federalism with equitable distribution of political offices and federal projects, eg. roads, airports, Niger bridge etc.

Well then. I personally think this calculation is a bad one. The north central thing is a very big joke.

But then its politics and we all do our calculations and be responsible for the outcome.
Re: 2011: Ohanaeze Backs Jonathan by MoIbrahim: 2:47am On Oct 10, 2021
This was the point where the Igbos fought against zoning. The consequence is here, 11 years later.

Dede1:
If the post that alleged Ohanaeze’s support of GEJ is true, Ndigbo have once again proven they have long distance miles to cover in order to grasp intrigues of politics. I guess Ndigbo should hold the present leadership of Ohanaeze responsible for unforeseen political consequences that will follow.

There is no development without a process and there is no process without a policy. If you watch northern or the western Nigeria closely, you will detect a sign of political continuity. This is a statement that can not be associated with east.

There is no way GEJ shall win 2011 election without northern Nigeria unless through rigging thereby opening the door of chaos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apapa-0shodi Road In Lagos Is Flooded Again / The Correlation Between Rear Admiral (rtd) Mohammed Lawal and Dr Olusola Sarak / Automatic Ticket For Buhari Causes Stir In APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.