Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,270 members, 7,887,787 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:49 PM

Should The President Resign? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should The President Resign? (4352 Views)

Resign Now, Labour Unions Tell Saraki / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused / Should MR President Resign From The Office Due To His Incompetency? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should The President Resign? by IbrahimB: 3:16pm On Oct 19, 2010
He should resign if the Henry Okah claims turn out to be true.
Re: Should The President Resign? by AniAnne(f): 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2010
And who sponsored the Igbo, Ijaw and Edo guys that carried out the act? Have you ever asked yourself who sponsored them? When Dele Giwa was killed was there any direct link to IBB or the northerners that he was the one that killed him or the northerners? --NO there was no evidence linking IBB to his death, But we all know who killed Dele Giwa. The plane crash in Ejigbo that some Generals lost their lives, there was no evidence linking IBB too. So?
There is no smoke without fire, And for every rumour there is an atom or iota of truth, that is all i want u to knw, For all indication,the attack was sponsored by some rich men,
The President should not and will nt resign, For what?
Re: Should The President Resign? by JMourhinho(m): 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2010
Utter rubbish! I mean any talk of resignation. Nobody can positively link any of those allegations to GEJ. Whatever 'his camp' say is a rehearse of the politics we play in this part of the world. It's as  good as individual opinion and cannot be positively described as GEJ's words. Who sef be GEJ's camp? If I root for GEJ (in principle I do, not necessarily becos he is the best, but because he is better than all the hawks currently perching as alternatives), won't I be described as 'his camp'? Abeg, leave that resignation talk, its cheap politics of people without nothing to offer.
Re: Should The President Resign? by pjo: 3:32pm On Oct 19, 2010
@poster, you said "alligation from jonathan's camp" no were did u say jonathan.
beside,when jonathan said the bombing was not carried out by mend instead by a small terorist group based outside the country, he did not mention IBB or the north. and so has not commited any offence that would warrant his resignation.

Please we should allow this man to work.
Re: Should The President Resign? by ADOGBEYI: 3:33pm On Oct 19, 2010
Stupid post!

Do you know what it takes in the law court to prove the link of any of the allegations you mentioned to GEJ?

Please post more meaningfully my dear! I believe we are all (to a large extent) reasonable, intellectual and mature people on NL.
Re: Should The President Resign? by ud4u: 3:37pm On Oct 19, 2010
Wait well well, he will resign. Nonsense
Re: Should The President Resign? by 13volts(m): 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2010
'Na we do am meet me at ibb campaign office'  
'how far abot d balance'
all these fictious text message were meant 2 ridicule and implicate ibb and by extention d north as been intolerable 2 gej presidency. It was okah revelation dat made gej and his co- conspirators obj 2 back out and come wit a plan B.

GEJ HAS JUST LOST MY VOTE. UP RIBADU
Re: Should The President Resign? by truly: 4:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
blackmann:

[b]the very sad thing about serving people is no matter what you try to do, no matter how much you sweat, there will still be those out there who will criticize. Nigeria is not an easy country to preside over. i can bet my pair of balls that if goodluck was to be removed today and someone else placed there, the same will still be said.
[/b]
So Abacha too would say he has served and sweated, wouldn't he?
And BTW what has Johnathan done - please hard facts?

Nigeria is one the easiest countries to govern
  People praise average performance here - what is exceptional about Fashola relative to other countries?
  Somebody believes that we have an imperial president
  Where have you seen a parent enrol his child in a school without a curriculum with just a promise that the student  will be educated when he leaves school - no promise of passing WAEC with at least 3 As or 4 Credits because the school does not want to make empty promises like other schools that the parent had taken his child

Look at Obama, he is working his head off and he may lose the mid term election an dthe presidential election after
Yet Johnathan is on the way to winning presidential election without breaking sweat - no tangible performance even after being in government since 1999
He is just about getting it because we always ZONE the presidency to the incumbent no atter how undeserving
FYI Ojo Maduekwe supported Abacha - zoning to the incumbent

rebranded:

Where have you seen that a President is charged for a statement,
In American and the President was Clinton

MInd you I am not saying that GEJ mentioned Northerners

But he sure caused SSS to air FAKE text messages on NTA against his political opponents
That is not fairness - no American president would get away with that
Re: Should The President Resign? by bisiaet: 4:07pm On Oct 19, 2010
Please posters let get this right, Please is their any document or a video evidence that shows GEJ was in any time mention anybody name(ibb or Northern elders)? Thisthread it does not make any sense to me. If even anybody from GEJ camp had in one way says it, is it GEJ that send the person? Pls anybody could say anything out of his own will so I dont know where it concern GEJ and for what reason must GEJ resign? Resign on what ground? or on what offence? Did Yardua resign despite alreadY dead long before being declareD dead? Did IBB resign or Abacha even Yerima the Goat senator did he resign? Those governors that were shielding the Boko Harram or Boko Animal from be charge to court or moved them out that zone did they resign despite over thousand soul wasted, dont we know them?

Any time I hear this call for resignation it so nonsesical to the core and just baseless. Either the North like it or not either IBB likes it or not GEJ has come to stay and will finish the next four years as a president if the North feel bad about it and want to rain heaven it's very simple let them go to HELL!!!

Aso Rock was never built because of the northern people so it belongs to all I mean anybody so if they think politicising the Abuja bombing affairs will win them the presidency it is a lie of the devil. In as far IBB, Atiku and identity lost Saraki are the fore runner for the North they are yet to be serious they have no vote in Nigeria.
Re: Should The President Resign? by truly: 4:13pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

This thread makes no sense, sorry.

Are you not the same sets of people crying that nobody is standing up to the Abokis/Northerners. . . . now you got someone and you want him to step down?

During my few months in politics, I realize that most Nigerians are not meant to be taken seriously in terms of what they want. I just ROLL MY EYES all day long at you ppl sha.

Is Nairaland a forum for Southerners alone where they can strategise against the North
If yes, is standing up the same as fabricating text messages
Although the text messages were tangentially against IBB

But fabrication is an issue

Anyway GEJ is already standing up to other oil producing states and supreme court judgement/constitution

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Money/5631884-146/bayelsa_derivation_revenue_may_trigger_crisis.csp
Re: Should The President Resign? by truly: 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ani Anne:

And who sponsored the Igbo, Ijaw and Edo guys that carried out the act? Have you ever asked yourself who sponsored them? When Dele Giwa was killed was there any direct link to IBB or the northerners that he was the one that killed him or the northerners? --NO there was no evidence linking IBB to his death, But we all know who killed Dele Giwa. The plane crash in Ejigbo that some Generals lost their lives, there was no evidence linking IBB too. So?
There is no smoke without fire, And for every rumour there is an atom or iota of truth, that is all i want u to knw, For all indication,the attack was sponsored by some rich men,
The President should not and will nt resign, For what?
This post says we DO NOT need evidence to decide the guilt of IBB

ADOGBEYI:

silly post!

Do you know what it takes in the law court to prove the link of any of the allegations you mentioned to GEJ?

Please post more meaningfully my dear! I believe we are all (to a large extent) reasonable, intellectual and mature people on NL.

This post says that we NEED evidence to establish the guilt of GEJ

Interesting
Convictions, in my opinion, should be based on evidence, not hatred
Re: Should The President Resign? by seanet02: 4:56pm On Oct 19, 2010
if Abagworo will accept that he is a Brand New made in Japan Dumb he-goat or Blast his head on OLUMO ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should The President Resign? by usbcable(m): 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2010
Abagworo:

If the President was not involved then what he should do as an upright leader is to prosecute those in his campaign team that were quoted as mentioning IBB and other northerners.That will serve as a deterrent to those that always try to tribalise sensitive issues.

1) GEJ never mentioned IBB or any Northerner
2) Could you mention any of his campaign aide that mentioned a northerner as being behind the blast

I feel you just looking for a subtle way to antagonise GEJ once more.
Re: Should The President Resign? by deboski4u: 5:07pm On Oct 19, 2010
am highly disaapointed in people who dont use there head to think, what has GEJ got to do with this. did he mention ibb while talking. resign for what. when USA was attacked many countries were called agent of evil, countries like afghanistan, iran , iraq etc. bush went on to attack afghanistan, later iraq, what did UN did , nothing, and u are here crying like a fool, if u dont have anything to say, what do u know about politics and security ?
Re: Should The President Resign? by Dandas: 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2010
like what somebody mentioned here.u expect IBB name or Northern name to be mentioned?.Nonsense!!.What is the different between executors and sponsors?.U expect a big/rich man to be an executor or a sponsors?.Lets be realistic.IBB or other Northern elements can only be a sponsor and not an executor.An executor only says,Sir,the deal has be done perfectly,and the sponsor will pay them their remaining balance(money)for job well done.
Re: Should The President Resign? by Billsmith: 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2010
From the look of things, IBB has nothing to do with the bomb blasts. The text messages was used to put his name in a mud. The opposition party of IBB planned it all. It is political but pure wickedness at high place. Nevertheless, GEJ is not than IBB. They are all the same. Egoists.
Re: Should The President Resign? by jude33084(m): 6:34pm On Oct 19, 2010
princekevo:

Here we are crucifying someone who made a good Observation of the whole bomb saga and the way the govenement has been pointing accusing fingers left and right. The guy just asked a simple and unbiased question. Am surprised that some folks even see it as an irrelevant question.
Simple question as, what if it became obvious after investigation that the president lied to the whole Nation, would he still remain in the office or resign? This is a question of morality and not political, sentiment has blinded our eyes that we can no longer separate morality from politic. If that happens in a country where they reason like humans, he should not wait to be impeached, but jst humbly tender his resignation.

Am not sure you guys believe that the truth will never unfold one day.

your talk nor enter line grin
Can you point to the person, group of persons or even organisatns working as Gejs men that pronuonce; written or orally that it was ibb and the northern politicians?
If there is non, then y asking 4 Gejs head. He simply said it was nt mend that some group of pple are terrorist using mends name.
Re: Should The President Resign? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 19, 2010
ud4u:

Wait well well, he will resign. Nonsense
IbrahimB:

All Gibberish!!!!!

Here's your answer

monkeyleg:

I dont think this is an issue worth resiging for.

GBAMMM!!!
Re: Should The President Resign? by Myself2(m): 10:26pm On Oct 19, 2010
[size=16pt]@ OP

You're trying to heat up the polity of nairaland just because you seek to defend a murderer;IBB[/size]
Re: Should The President Resign? by IbrahimB: 10:32pm On Oct 19, 2010
IbrahimB:

Ranks007:

All Gibberish!!!!!

Here's your answer

GBAMMM!!!

O yes! If the Henry Okah's claims turn out to be true the President should resign. It will be scandalous if it turns out that GEJ did reach out to Okah in order to blame a particular section of the country. It would be a shameful thing if that happened.

So what's your problem with that? undecided
Re: Should The President Resign? by onome25(m): 1:17am On Oct 20, 2010
it baffles me wit d way d press or some selfish , i mean very selfish nigerians go about publishing ghosty statements.
wen have GEJ ever said dat ibb or some northernans are behind octobers' bombing eh ? u guys should stop !!! delibrating on issues dat doesn't exist.
Re: Should The President Resign? by omolayo1(m): 1:23am On Oct 20, 2010
sooy is the second name of NIGERIANS. Things fall apart part 2 or what?
Re: Should The President Resign? by mrofficial(m): 2:27am On Oct 20, 2010
bjcisse:

Who cares.

Please Vote Nuhu Ribadu 2011

Count me in. smiley
Re: Should The President Resign? by olo2gbenga(m): 2:52am On Oct 20, 2010
HELL NO! GEJ is a better option to fix the Niger-Delta and Oil crisis.
Re: Should The President Resign? by sulad82i(m): 3:46am On Oct 20, 2010
What kind of stupid question is this? angry
Re: Should The President Resign? by akwaowoudo(m): 6:04am On Oct 20, 2010
Goodluck Jonathan never mentioned the northerners. Did he? Now lets reason _if IBB could use parcel bomb on Dele Giwa because of Gloria Okon; why can't he do more than that to succeed his develish plans. Where i'm most thankful to God is that IBB never saw the need to introduce this when Turai Yar'adua kidnapped the late husband and also fooled Nigerians because of northern greed.
Re: Should The President Resign? by akwaowoudo(m): 6:13am On Oct 20, 2010
Dandas:

like what somebody mentioned here.u expect IBB name or Northern name to be mentioned?.Nonsense!!.What is the different between executors and sponsors?.U expect a big/rich man to be an executor or a sponsors?.Lets be realistic.IBB or other Northern elements can only be a sponsor and not an executor.An executor only says,Sir,the deal has be done perfectly,and the sponsor will pay them their remaining balance(money)for job well done.
Right!
Re: Should The President Resign? by banom(m): 8:05am On Oct 20, 2010
@ poster,

You are very stupid to have asked that silly question, when did Gej say that it was IBB or the northerners that were behind the independence dy bomb blast ?

Gej only simply said that those behind the bomb blast were trying to use MEND as cover up and that it is unwise to think that MEND was behind it since they already have him ( a man from Niger delta as president ) .

mext time get your fact right and dont come here to sell your ignorance.
Re: Should The President Resign? by Ezequeen: 8:30am On Oct 20, 2010
ibb- means-independence-bomb-blast. So u see, we've gotten nothing gud 4rm the millitary regime and i personaly wuld want a change but wit ibb i dont ce dat coming. Gudlock is here and he is here to stay. IF U SEE GUD TIN, TALK SAY E GUD. NO CARRI TRIBE FOLLOW BODY THEN SUFFER. VOTE WISELY
Re: Should The President Resign? by Nsiman(m): 8:55am On Oct 20, 2010
@ abagworo, u are bias, but if i may ask u is gej assumin his words? Okah's brother has been arrested and okah is now afraid that his works will come to light. The JRC, said after the rejected ibb men's offer to bomb abuja, they approached okah. www.africanexaminer.com/ibb_attack
Re: Should The President Resign? by maimalari: 9:02am On Oct 20, 2010
Goodluck Jonathan is a fool,an ingrate and Obj's houseboy. He is a homosexual. Obj bleeps him like a dog. Just the same as ibb, atiku, abdulsalami. These are all criminals, thieves,idiots. We need colonial rule,cos that's the visible way to get these idiots out of our CBN. I declare sickness and death to; Obj,Ibb,jonathan,all the state governors,house of reps. You will all die mournfull death. Then and only then we can make progress. FOOLS.
Re: Should The President Resign? by Abagworo(m): 9:25am On Oct 20, 2010
Nsiman:

@ abagworo, u are bias, but if i may ask u is gej assumin his words? Okah's brother has been arrested and okah is now afraid that his works will come to light. The JRC, said after the rejected ibb men's offer to bomb abuja, they approached okah. www.africanexaminer.com/ibb_attack

The thing is that we Nigerians are blind to a fault.

(1)The President claimed it was not MEND that carried out the bombings but Okah is being tried as leader of MEND and his brother as spokesman of MEND.

(2)His campaign team started using the acronym IBB for Independence day bomb blast.

(3)Dokpesi was quickly arrested and his name dragged to mud.

(4)Repentant criminals were hosted in Abuja where they claimed to be MEND.Why are they not standing trial?

(5)What we are witnessing today is no different from Abacha where the incumbent is always right even when things are glaring.There was a 1million man march in all parts of the country begging Abacha to become President.

I cannot be biased because my interest is no longer in the election for it is neither going to be free and fair but devoid of the Man we need to change this country.I earlier thought GEJ was but recent happenings have revealed his level of wisdom.I expect things to remain thesame until 2015.I also expect a rise of militia groups in 2011.I fear for the radical wing of MASSOB.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Lion Of Judah Prophet Akinade Is Defrauding His Congregation / Rich Men Sponsor Us To Vandalize Oil Pipelines — Vandals / Goodluck Jonathan, 6th Richest African President’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.