Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,349 members, 7,888,116 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:42 PM

Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records (30243 Views)

Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents / Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression / Items OAU Student Stole From The School Hostel (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by tfash96(m): 10:57am On Aug 04, 2019
KingWarri:

Frustration ke
If you study hard I don't see why you won't get good grades
pls if u didn't graduate there or attend oau at all don't spew bull crap here.

1 Like

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 04, 2019
I support that school of thought
The rate at which young kids are getting into the university is very alarming.
These kids are not yet psychologically and emotionally stable to cope with the rugour if academic life.
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Femorial(m): 11:17am On Aug 04, 2019
landforeast:
I have said before that the way children now troop to University is not too good. In the couple of Universities I have visited I discovered that we noe have many teenagers in the University Campus. These Kids are not matured yet to handle emotions that is accompanied with an eexposure to University environment. If your child graduates from Secondary school, let him or her learn one or two skills before going to the University if he or she is still far below 18 years of age.

Those days in school there was this girl that everybody sees as dullard, some ladies taunt her with the problem of finding it difficult to read and comprehend. Today the same girl is married to a very successful man and controls chains of Businesses in Lagos, Abuja and Enugu.

May Her soul rest in peace
If only she knew that most successful men and women in the world are either drop out or had no form of formal education. The Reality of life after school is far beyond any Certificate

Please for any depressed Soul reading just know that Suicide is not the solution. You are too precious and loaded to die now.

Jesus Loves you.

That's very True.....God Bless You Sir
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Femorial(m): 11:19am On Aug 04, 2019
landforeast:
I have said before that the way children now troop to University is not too good. In the couple of Universities I have visited I discovered that we noe have many teenagers in the University Campus. These Kids are not matured yet to handle emotions that is accompanied with an eexposure to University environment. If your child graduates from Secondary school, let him or her learn one or two skills before going to the University if he or she is still far below 18 years of age.

Those days in school there was this girl that everybody sees as dullard, some ladies taunt her with the problem of finding it difficult to read and comprehend. Today the same girl is married to a very successful man and controls chains of Businesses in Lagos, Abuja and Enugu.

May Her soul rest in peace
If only she knew that most successful men and women in the world are either drop out or had no form of formal education. The Reality of life after school is far beyond any Certificate

Please for any depressed Soul reading just know that Suicide is not the solution. You are too precious and loaded to die now.

Jesus Loves you.

God bless you Sir..................That's the Truth!
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Fourwinds: 11:28am On Aug 04, 2019
Elzakzaky:
Its not easy to have extra year in school but she shouldnt have taken her life na. I spent 2 extra tears in school but never contemplated suicide.
hmmmm... Two extra tears ... Who eventually helped you to clean the tears?
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by landforeast(m): 11:48am On Aug 04, 2019
Femorial:

God bless you Sir..................That's the Truth!
Bless you too
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by KingWarri: 11:50am On Aug 04, 2019
tfash96:
pls if u didn't graduate there or attend oau at all don't spew bull crap here.
So people never graduates with good grades there
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by tfash96(m): 11:54am On Aug 04, 2019
KingWarri:

So people never graduates with good grades there
How many in hundreds? How many in thousands?
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Elzakzaky: 12:08pm On Aug 04, 2019
Fourwinds:
hmmmm... Two extra tears ... Who eventually helped you to clean the tears?
God wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by grandstar(m): 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2019
camobri:

you are a bastard. This is OAU! No one cares how intelligent you are, you would be humbled. it is very inhumane of you tobsayvsuch. you can't even cheat to get into OAU. never. everyone there is a genius, I can say this anywhere. Those sadist of lecturer would reduce you to nothing. May it never b well with oau lecturers frustrating students

My guy! Na me be bastard! grin grin

I didn't know it was that tough as I had two sisters who went there and finished with second class upper.

The lecturers in federal government owned universities can play God probably because demand is far greater the supply and there's also no effective policies in place to checkmate abuse. So sorry.
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by grandstar(m): 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2019
Xone3:

Wrong mentality. I finished from OAU English department with a 2:2. English seems easy but it is one of the complicated courses. The frustration is real, calculating your G.P is hmmmm, passing with E is a thing of Joy. I never had a bad experience with lecturers because I read likey life depended on it, I was always in my hostel, but I came out with 2:2

So sorry to hear this.
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by may320: 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2019
I used to say this, that the evil some parents commit is unbelievable and they shall answer for these children on the judgement day, if they like, let them become deacon, deaconess or even GO. undecided
Those kids are too small, immature, emotionally insecure and mentally unprepared but some parents, through competition, poverty or ignorance will be pushing the kids through school when they're supposed to groom them and prepare them for maturity ......but at primary 4 they move them to Secondary, skipping other classes, and by 12, 13 or 14 you'll hear they're already in the Uni.
Imagine a kid that can't think for himself/herself in the Uni?
University is no child's play for crying out loud!
The evil some parents are perpetrating will find the out.
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Ajibade123(m): 1:01pm On Aug 04, 2019
suicide is not the answer.....see incredible ways you can deal with regrets and depression as a student
https://explicitsuccess.com/dealing-with-regret-and-depression/
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Hahjascho(m): 1:48pm On Aug 04, 2019
josh123:
Why did she waste her life? Nigerian educational system is wack. Formal education is not the only way of acquiring knowledge, there are other ways
You really don't get it...this has nothing to do with with Nation's educational sector...
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Hahjascho(m): 1:50pm On Aug 04, 2019
*Result* is what really matters to everyone's way of life whether academics or not...
the output of inputs expectantly delivered...and (psychologically proven)
But who is to be blamed? RIP to the deceased.

Pls, DEPRESSION IS REAL!....a few positive word you say to people you meet each day may be tons of healing...

When you start lagging behind in any scenario you can't comprehend, pls voice out loud to people for help..
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Hahjascho(m): 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2019
may320:
I used to say this, that the evil some parents commit is unbelievable and they shall answer for these children on the judgement day, if they like, let them become deacon, deaconess or even GO. undecided
Those kids are too small, immature, emotionally insecure and mentally unprepared but some parents, through competition, poverty or ignorance will be pushing the kids through school when they're supposed to groom them and prepare them for maturity ......but at primary 4 they move them to Secondary, skipping other classes, and by 12, 13 or 14 you'll hear they're already in the Uni.
Imagine a kid that can't think for himself/herself in the Uni?
University is no child's play for crying out loud!
The evil some parents are perpetrating will find the out.

Yes, everything counts!

1 Like

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by kazeem74: 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2019
The rate of suiciders is alerming
Media houses should please take it upon themselves to educate the public - when the government has failed u, educating has failed u, family has failed u, friends has failed pls God can never never never failed u
Let's put an end to commiting suicide since Almighty God can liberate you from nothing - media should pls assist - God bless
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2019
gurunlocker:
English is one kinda tough course!!!
How please?
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by judedwriter(m): 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2019
Elzakzaky:
Its not easy to have extra year in school but she shouldnt have taken her life na. I spent 2 extra tears in school but never contemplated suicide.

2 extra years shocked

You try o... but honestly it would have been much better for her to drop out from school and try something else than to kill herself.
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by iamrosheed: 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2019
otipoju:
That stupid Akande and Adeoti don show dem pepper
When I first saw the news these were the set of names that came to my mind
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by AirstarKane(f): 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2019
otipoju:
That stupid Akande and Adeoti don show dem pepper
The babe Bleep up, I can never, never kill myself for Uwanzoba,Arua and co. Phonics department dey try sef especially Fayemi or so. I Na only Babalola get sense. It was in year 2 I realized mehn I just want to leave the system. I thank God for the grace cos where I am wasn't determined by grades o. I know not many have strong emotions to hold on but then HOLD ON! There's more in the outside world. You'll look back and sigh at your chase to get good grades and ask if it was worth it. The whole essence of education is to communicate to a larger audience and change the world through your reasonable actions.
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by hotklasicboi: 3:30pm On Aug 04, 2019
oau English department is a tough place to have outstanding courses..if u do,u might not come out alive..its either u re write jamb or change course asap..I did change my course when I knew I may fail my courses or Finish with third class or pass..I did and that was my greatest escape and golden moment in OAU.
everybody has breaking point, who ever waits for that moments may loose his life..if u see it coming..try pray, seek counsel and take active steps asap
well RIP to Grace
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by Tolexander: 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2019
I know this babe wella. Then when she was in 10level. Na small remain for us to ........... then cry cry cry

The girl was so wierd
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by onyxo76(m): 3:56pm On Aug 04, 2019
tfash96:
If possible they should just delete this so called OAU and rebuild it as airport so we can have airport too in osun state..I'm a graduate of this same english and literature in English dept OAU.. The useless dept is full of sadists.. They derive Joy in failing students.. No matter how u read at the end of everything u will be looking at yourself as dumb student when ur result came out.. This one they said dept are mourning them is a big lie.. Those useless things that will still sleep with students... I don't wanna say much but they should just dismantle that school
just because of English dept ? I entered ife in 94 and believe me we had it more rough than the ones there now. We all had our carry overs but today we're tough as nails

2 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by naijajobx: 4:05pm On Aug 04, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by tfash96(m): 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2019
onyxo76:
just because of English dept ? I entered ife in 94 and believe me we had it more rough than the ones there now. We all had our carry overs but today we're tough as nails

Believe me not only English o every department there is crazy.. Even Yoruba as a restricted elective u can't do Yoruba and have A in their course
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by otipoju(m): 4:13pm On Aug 04, 2019
AirstarKane:

The babe Bleep up, I can never, never kill myself for Uwanzoba,Arua and co. Phonics department dey try sef especially Fayemi or so. I Na only Babalola get sense. It was in year 2 I realized mehn I just want to leave the system. I thank God for the grace cos where I am wasn't determined by grades o. I know not many have strong emotions to hold on but then HOLD ON! There's more in the outside world. You'll look back and sigh at your chase to get good grades and ask if it was worth it. The whole essence of education is to communicate to a larger audience and change the world through your reasonable actions.

I did EGL 101 in 2000 and those stupid people gave me an E. I did EGL 102 in second semester handled by Professor Onukaougu and got an A .

Me sef i no know wetin i go take elective from English for since i could have got an A in all electives i took from Philosophy.

Those stupid men can not survive in normal societies.Boasting that they deliberately fail people, springing up impromptu tests based on how they feel at the moment.

And if na today i go dat school na every semester dem go dey buy new car . So many young peoples lives have been destroyed by those sadists.
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by konta: 4:13pm On Aug 04, 2019
suicide is Neva d answer.Some people had carryovers and today are more successful than people who came out with first class.

1 Like

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by onyxo76(m): 4:28pm On Aug 04, 2019
tfash96:

Believe me not only English o every department there is crazy.. Even Yoruba as a restricted elective u can't do Yoruba and have A in their course
in those days it wss geology, pharmacy and probably mechanical engineering that terrorized us then didn't know others too have joined. Honestly suicide is not an option, a lot of guys who dropped out then are the ones paying our salaries now...irony of life.

1 Like

Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by tfash96(m): 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2019
onyxo76:
in those days it wss geology, pharmacy and probably mechanical engineering that terrorized us then didn't know others too have joined. Honestly suicide is not an option, a lot of guys who dropped out then are the ones paying our salaries now...irony of life.
Fine I know suicide is not an option too. It's mindset since I know whether I graduate or not whether I'm learned or not where God has planned for me with grace n mercy I will get there... Had it been she knew this she should've given it second n different thought

But what I wanted u to know and now that u know it is that every dept on that campus is now crazy
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by tfash96(m): 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2019
onyxo76:
Fine I know suicide is not an option too. It's mindset since I know whether I graduate or not whether I'm learned or not where God has planned for me with grace n mercy I will get there... Had it been she knew this she should've given it second n different thought

But what I wanted u to know and now that u know it is that every dept on that campus is now crazy..99% of oau lecturers should be nailed on the cross
Re: Opeyemi Grace Dara: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Records by KingWarri: 5:03pm On Aug 04, 2019
tfash96:
How many in hundreds? How many in thousands?
at least the few doing it has one head....
They simply put their minds to work...
Those not doing it should stop giving excuses to their failures..... Thou I was once a victim...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Things You Should Do Before Your Final Year In School / Uniabuja Recalls Expelled SUG President, Ude-Umanta After 12 Years / Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.