Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,411 members, 7,908,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 09:31 PM

What Is Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Marriage? (747 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Is Marriage An Achievement? / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Marriage? by geoger: 3:56pm On Oct 18, 2010
WHAT IS MARRIAGE IS THE BEAUTIFUL RING, THE CERTIFICATE THEY SIGN OR IS IT THE BLESSING THAT THE MAN OF GOD PLACE ON THEM, WHICH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT when you answer then I will know what next to write.
Re: What Is Marriage? by mutter(f): 8:36pm On Oct 18, 2010
none of these three things are as important as blessing from up above. Most important is that God joins in heaven what we join here on earth.
What God has out together, let no man put asunder.
Re: What Is Marriage? by geoger: 2:18am On Oct 19, 2010
mutter:

none of these three things are as important as blessing from up above. Most important is that God joins in heaven what we join here on earth.
What God has out together, let no man put asunder.

good you very much. but I need more people to tell me their own opinion.
Re: What Is Marriage? by Ladyjide(f): 2:23am On Oct 19, 2010
What is important is the vow you are taking standing before GOD- A vow before GOD is no small thing!!
Re: What Is Marriage? by cathrinne: 10:58am On Oct 29, 2010
What you mean by asking this question? The point is that what you expect from this word. It might be the crap that nonsense people talk about or it may be the life that one can only though being coincide with heaven.

If I'll tell from my heart it's re-incarnation of life where the ego ends for individual and fight became on stupid things. Thats where love grows and laughter came in form of marriage woes.

Hope you got the point, smiley
Re: What Is Marriage? by femmy2010(m): 11:28am On Oct 29, 2010
Marriage is way beyond the fanfare etc.
Re: What Is Marriage? by unclesamtech(m): 5:43am On Nov 06, 2010
Marriage ,
Re: What Is Marriage? by omoba4real: 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2011
Please read this inspiring story about marriage:

When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I've got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes.

Suddenly I didn't know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly.

She didn't seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why?

I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn't talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn't love her anymore. I just pitied her!

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company.
She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved Jane so dearly.
Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer now.

Read the rest of this story here http://soinspiringstories..com/2011/10/marriage.html

(1) (Reply)

Revelation: The Woman You Called Mummy Is Not Your Biological Mother. / The Rising Trend Of Teenage Unwed Mothers / What Course Of Study Is Demanded Most And Which Pays The Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.