Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,733 members, 7,938,283 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 09:29 PM

How Do I Get To Make My Mum Love My Fiancee? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Get To Make My Mum Love My Fiancee? (4027 Views)

His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy / My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell / My Wife Insults And Threatens My Fiancee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get To Make My Mum Love My Fiancee? by jpphilips(m): 10:45am On Oct 21, 2010
We have been together for almost two years now. In the course of our relationship she has proven to be very virtuous, faithful and true to the relationship. Though i met her while she was in her final year in school and i was working, she encouraged me not to sit in my comfort zone.

With her prompting and sheer grit, i sought for and got a study leave to proceed for my masters at the University which was quite expensive. Though i sponsored myself with my savings and goodwill, she supported me through and through in her own way. Not only this, she never wavered all through this time and practically committed all of her to me and my cause., my dreams and aspirations.

In the course of all of this, i introduced her to my mom who welcomed her at first. It however became another issue when i told my mom i intend marrying her immediately after my programme. Few days after informing her, she called me and told me i should forget it that the lady is not my wife. She based her decision on some "prayers" she had and spiritual inquiries she made which she has refused to give me details. I have tried all i could including pleading with her all to no avail.

Personally, i am a christian and i believe in the efficacy of prayers so i told her whatever she was told could be taken care of with prayers but she was and still is resolute!

At a point owing to some misdemeanors on my lady's path ( not infidelity) and the constant pressure from home to look elsewhere,i almost got involved with a colleague but i soon called it off since i want to remain true to my promises to my fiancee. I in fact told this my colleague my reasons.

Now, i am done with my programme and i really want to settle down. I have come to love this lady in spite of our mutual failings and misunderstandings. I am convinced she is a great lady (okay, she has her little woman's attitude) and seriously complement me.

I have made this known to my mom and she once again has bluntly refused. I love my mom and i really would want her to love this young lady like her own daughter. She even went to the extent of sending the lady a text to leave me alone and never look forward to her as a mother in law,

My fiancee  to the best of my knowledge wants my family and said she will do all in her capacity to make peace, i really don't want to lose her,

Please help here,

frankly your mum has proved to be smarter than you. truth is, she doesn't like the girl. she just gave it a nod abinitio thinking its one of those guys things but when she saw things were different she re strategized.
she knows you are religious and she is scoping you with what you believe in. she already has a candidate in the waiting that she wants you to marry.

try this, tell her you have broken up with the girl and don't mention any word of her to your Mom, then tell her you cant find any other person that she should help i can bet that in less than a week she must call you to meet someone.

this religious cage is really setting us back.
what a lot of people don't know is that our mothers are still human beings and they feel whatever every human being feels. I have a friend back in the days that his Mom tells him she loves him more than their Dad being an only child, yes, seriously. there is no place her mom doesn't take him to, salon,women fellowship just name it.
Everybody likes him because he is very funny and generous. so on his 18th birthday the Mum bought him a car, so the car became his biggest treasure, then in college, only a few people have ride so the guy no dey take the ride play.
conversely, he stays less at home and has many friends the mum became worried and gave all of us visiting time table. her only fear was loosing her baby handbag that makes her happy.
She knew she cant sway him with food or anything so what she does is just to comeback in the afternoon and tell my man that armed robbers snatched someone's car in town. My man will just park for a month and so the lies continued and the Mum became happy. funny enough the woman will tell him it is a blue cressida to match his spec.lol
The guy is married twice now and still single. the last i saw him i didn't want to ask what happened cos i already know that no reasonable woman will condone his mum's excesses.

Do you ever wonder why pastors like chris okotie still have church members after seeing vision where he is sleeping in Aso rock as painted by his God? is it not the same Kwashiokor eye he is using to see vision for his church members? Is he now saying that as a professional man of God, he cant even interpret visions.
Your fiance has built a world around you so in all fairness go ahead and marry her. i am not saying you owe anybody but even the bible you believe in tells you that she has sown in your life so do not let your Mum's paranoia take away her Harvest.
your Mum simply didn't go into detail because there is none, whatever she says eventually is a fabricated fallacy. Guy woman

FOUR THINGS THAT WILL DESTROY NIGERIA

Religion
Tribalism
culture
corruption.

Whether we like it or not, our parents have important roles to play in our marriage, atimes they might be unreasonable but its not for us to decide. i'm sure your mum told you the exact reason she doesn't think you two are compartible but maybe you dont wanna share here, tis alright. Rememeber the adage that says, "what the elders see while lying down, the young ones would not see even if they climb to the top of a mountain". Have a family meeting with your mother and an elder in your family and if she insists, bro, dont make your mother your enemy,

They don't see shi*t.

A Good mother will bring you up to make good choices and once you make those choices,they embrace it and remain proud of you. She doesn't need to see your end of semester result because she ensures that you study hard at home, she doesn't need to babysit you rather she brings you up to do things for yourself.
I guess you forgot the adage that says that a person that tours knows more than the person with gray hair.

If your mother has spent 72yrs of her life in the village, go and ask her for investment advise make she tell you to plant plantain,cultivate coco yam harvest in the Rainy season from a professional point of view.

BTW, the women our men address as bad wives, don't they turn out to be mothers?
Re: How Do I Get To Make My Mum Love My Fiancee? by expert1(m): 11:23am On Oct 21, 2010
I wonder the problems of some of NLs.

You claimed that you are a Christian.

Are there no counsellors in ya church?

'I put it to you that you are a LukeWarm'
Re: How Do I Get To Make My Mum Love My Fiancee? by yemmykemmy(f): 12:43pm On Oct 21, 2010
when i read your article, i discover this is what 70% of MEN and WOMEN face at this stage in their lives.when God instituted Marriage,its has two very important and basic condition,it must meet.1)declaration before GOD(,AND 2)DECLARATION BEFORE MAN(PARENTS OR WITNESS)
As a christian am happy for you because you have the spirit of truth and boldness (NOT SPIRIT OF FEAR).SO WHY ARE YOU PANICKING?
PLEASE my dear friend in the lord,if you know your God very well.set aside for yourself 3 days IN SERIOUS PRAY(EITHER WITH FASTING OR WITHOUT)remove all distraction including your fiancee(thou she is not a distraction).
Wake up at night and call on your GOD.(ASK HIM FOR DIVINE REVELATION CONCERNING THIS ISSUE.)
The bible says if any one need knowledge let him ask from God.

Dont bother asking your mum what she heard or saw or dreamt about.God is not a confusing GOD he clarify all things.Dont say God i want so so and so to be my wife BUT SAY AS FOLLOWS MY GOD LET YOUR WILL BE DONE CONCERNING MY MARRITAL LIFE
BELIEVE IN GOD TOTALLY AND BE PATIENT WITH HIM AS WELL.

NOTE THIS:
ALL MOTHERS ARE VERY PROTECTIVE OF THEIR MALE SONS A LOT AND THEY PANIC SO MUCH ABOUT THE CHOICE OF WIVES ?AND BRIDE- TO -BE TOO PANIC ABOUT THE REACTION OF THEIR FUTURE MOTHER IN LAWS TO THEM TOO.?WHICH LEAVES YOU(THE MAN) IN THE MIDDLE.
DONT PRAY THAT GOD CHANGE YOUR MOTHERS HEART BUT PRAY THAT GOD REVEALED THE TRUTH AND THE RIGHT DIRECTION IN THIS.
WOMEN ARE MANY BUT WIVES ARE FEW.DONT JUST JUDGE BY (SHOWN ACTION ) ALONE BUT STUDY THE( UNSHOWN REACTION). PLAY THE GAME OF AN ONLOOKER AND SOME HOME TRUTH WILL BE REVEAL.NOT ALL WOMEN ARE THE SAME .
I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST AND TELL YOUR FIANCEE TOO TO PRAY .

AFTER THIS WHATEVER BRING YOU TOTAL PEACE GO FOR IT.

IT IS WELL WITH YOU.

GOD BLESS YOU,YOUR MUM AND YOUR FIANCEE.

dont bother asking your mum what she heard or saw or dreamt about.God is not a confusionsit he clarify all things.
let me categorically tell you.dont say god i want so so and so to be my wife BUT SAY AS FOLLOWS MY GOD LET YOUR WILL BE DONE CONCERNING MY MARRIAGE.
BELIEVE IN GOD TOTALLY AND BE PATIENT WITH HIM AS WELL.

MOTHERS ARE VERY PROTECTIVE OF THEIR MALE SON A LOT AND THEY PANIC SO MUCH ABOUT THE CHOICE OF WIVES ?AND BRIDE- TO -BE TOO PANICK ABOUT THE REACTION OF THEIR FUTURE MOTHER IN LAWS TO THEM TOO.?WHICH LEAVES YOU(THE MAN) IN THE MIDDLE.
DONT PRAY THAT GOD CHANGE YOUR MOTHERS HEART BUT PRAY THAT GOD REVEALED THE TRUTH AND THE RIGHT DIRECTION IN THIS.
WOMEN ARE MANY BUT WIVES ARE FEW.DONT JUST JUDGE BY SHOWN ACTION ALONE BUT STUDY THE UNSHOWN REACTION. PLAY THE GAME OF AN ONLOOKER AND SOME HOME TRUTH WILL BE REVEAL.NOT ALL WOMEN ARE THE SAME .
Re: How Do I Get To Make My Mum Love My Fiancee? by chines4(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2010
REVELATION!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm that word have done more damage than good. Man of God tell you this that etc. Mmmmmmm apply caution

Our God is not far call on him and he will answer.

Just pray and do what ever comes to u'r mind. Believe that everything will work just the way God want it. And so it shall be. Its u'r life and not u'r mothers. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: How Do I Get To Make My Mum Love My Fiancee? by tpiah: 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2010
wise words @yemmykemmy
Re: How Do I Get To Make My Mum Love My Fiancee? by NKE4GOD: 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2010
My brother, the Bible says obey your mother and ur father so that ur days may be long on eath which Him (God) has giving unto you, this is the only commandment with promise, fine and good, but not when ur parents ask u to do what is not right, Bible says, He who finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtainet favour from the Lord, what i will advice u to is this, talk to ur heavenly father whos everything is in His hand, the heart kings and the heart of man is in His hand, tell Him to change the heart of ur mother He is able to do more than what we ask for, as for going to T.B Joshua or C.B David, is not the issue u have more than what they have, tell ur self i can pray my way out, u are a prophet, a choosen nation, a peculiar one, challenge ur God for He said put me to test and see if i will not open the windows of heaven and pour out my blessing, He said again, cast ur burden upon me for i care for it. what more do u want, He is intrested in this ur situation, try it and see that our Lord is able to do all things.

not that after eating the Jomi-Jomi, u will come and tell her, my dear i'm very sorry, we cannot marry each other b/c my mother said, said, she will disown me if i marry you, nonsens, where where ur mother since two yrs u people where together, think about it if ur where on her shoe, can u wear this painful shoe?.
Re: How Do I Get To Make My Mum Love My Fiancee? by honeric01(m): 3:47pm On Oct 21, 2010
My Pastor actually said pastors/prayers can't choose a wife/husband for anyone, you know the person you want to get married to, you have the same access to God just like any other pastor in this world, there's no different way to gain access to God through prayers except doing the same thing the pastors are doing. (grace, salvation, fellowship with God and all that).

Pastors do not have 10 heads, the bible and God is for everyone who's ready to follow Christ, so why should your mother stand in your way by using prayers as an excuse? my mom was once like that until she wanted to do the same with my elder brother who's also a pastor (funny eh?), my bro asked her if her own pastor serves a God different from his, has supernatural powers that any other pastors/christian can't possess, ever since that my malee don cool down.

Just threaten your mom that IF SHE DOES NOT TELL YOU WHAT HER PASTOR SAID, THEN YOU ARE GOING AHEAD TO MARRY HER WITH OR WITHOUT HER CONSENT.
Re: How Do I Get To Make My Mum Love My Fiancee? by jpphilips(m): 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2010
My brother, the Bible says obey your mother and your father so that your days may be long on eath which Him (God) has giving unto you, this is the only commandment with  promise, fine and good, but not when your parents ask u to do what is not right, Bible says, He who finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtainet favour from the Lord, what i will advice u to is this, talk to your heavenly father whos everything is in His hand, the heart kings and the heart of man is in His hand, tell Him to change the heart of your mother He is able to do more than what we ask for, as for going to T.B Joshua or C.B David, is not the issue u have more than what they have, tell your self i can pray my way out, u are a prophet, a choosen nation, a peculiar one, challenge your God for He said put me to test and see if i will not open the windows of heaven and pour out my blessing, He said again, cast your burden upon me for i care for it. what more do u want, He is intrested in this your situation, try it and see that our Lord is able to do all things.

not that after eating the Jomi-Jomi, u will come and tell her, my dear i'm very sorry, we cannot marry each other b/c my mother said, said, she will disown me if i marry you, nonsens, where where your mother since two yrs u people where together, think about it if your where on her shoe, can u wear this painful shoe?.

I appreciate the first and the last paragraph of your post and I am a strong advocate of equity and fairness. Every human being has a right to be treated fairly. She was with him during the tides as such deserves to be his wife.
on the bold parts;
you are very right. God is asking you to respect their opinions. but not when those opinions are coerced or influenced by some monster visions.
i don't want to believe he respects his mother's opinion even in her orgasmic stupor and liquor influenced hallucinations.
u guys make me laugh.
She wants to deceive you and give you a girl wey no even know when you dey trek from orile to ketu, when the poor girl dey borrow you money make u take drink beer pose small for your friends because things no straight for you, How do you ever think in your infinite wisdom that God will want your fiancee to suffer? which 419 God be that?
perhaps because she don go make deal with one woman wey her daughter has been a recurring decimal in the heartbreak market in the name of sisters fellowship or mothers union.
she must show you a playback of that vision else, nonsense. well, u be good boy shaa if i were in your shoes the next time she will see me is on the 6th birth day of my 4th child.
Re: How Do I Get To Make My Mum Love My Fiancee? by jpphilips(m): 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2010
how my "Org*asmic" stupor turn "glorious"? moderator na born again?
Re: How Do I Get To Make My Mum Love My Fiancee? by Ranoscky(m): 8:36pm On Oct 21, 2010
jp philips:

how my "Org*asmic" stupor turn "glorious"? moderator na born again?
grin grin grin

U neva see anything !!! grin

@Yemmykemmy, may God bless you abundantly and add more sense of humour to your wisdom and knowledge, for if i were the poster of the thread, no doubt, im goin for your advice. Once again God bless (1st class quote) !!!

@Op, *scratches his head* Let me tell you my story.

I once dated a gurl that everybody that saw the gurl (even my brothers and my sisters) were like~~> shocked "mehn, dis your gf fine O!" And the most suprisin thing is, even my elder sister that likes criticisin gurls commended her beauty and all to be a good wife for me. But the first day that my mum saw the gurl, she just quietly called me into her room and was like~~>"Who's that gurl?" and i replied, she's my gurlfriend. And she asked again: "Where did you know her?" and i replied, she came from Onitsha. And she asked: "Have you been to Onitsha b4?" And i replied, NO! And after my response, her face was like~~> sad and she walked out of my face. And i was like~~> undecided

My mum wasn't happy about the gurl and me ma, i no wan lose the gurl so me and my mum com dey get quata ova the erima for months. It's a long story sha, but to cut it short, the gurl called me one evenin and opened up that she's a P.R.O.S.T.I.T.U.T.E !!! shocked. She said refused to tell me, why? B'cos, she's never met my kinda guy b4 and she's afraid she's gon lose me if she tells me, and i was like~~> DAMN !!! shocked

But matta no end for dia sha, b'cos, i stil like develop som kinda dirty luv for the stripper but after som months, we started lossin interest for eachother (my mama prayer don dey work for my head). But i thank God she's now a proud mother of a bouncin baby gurl and married to a biz man and they'r leavin a happy married life !!! She cried betterly when she knew that i won't make it to her weddin b'cos, she said thats the only thing that i can do to make her happy since we didn't make it !!!

I'm not sayin you should listen to your mum that she may be right or so, but im just tellin you my own part of your cimilar story that i went through. My advice? I ain't gat none but if you ask me to try and provide one, i'll advice you to go with Yemmykemmy's advice, no doubt !!!

@Larimo, i taught someone (or even the Op) would have said Amen to your prayer before it get's to my turn, but since nobody, i say a BIG AMEN to it, and i claim it in Jesus name.,.,, , Amen !!!
Re: How Do I Get To Make My Mum Love My Fiancee? by desktop: 10:06pm On Oct 21, 2010
jp philips:

frankly your mum has proved to be smarter than you. truth is, she doesn't like the girl. she just gave it a nod abinitio thinking its one of those guys things but when she saw things were different she re strategized.
she knows you are religious and she is scoping you with what you believe in. she already has a candidate in the waiting that she wants you to marry.

try this, tell her you have broken up with the girl and don't mention any word of her to your Mom, then tell her you cant find any other person that she should help i can bet that in less than a week she must call you to meet someone.

this religious cage is really setting us back.
what a lot of people don't know is that our mothers are still human beings and they feel whatever every human being feels. I have a friend back in the days that his Mom tells him she loves him more than their Dad being an only child, yes, seriously. there is no place her mom doesn't take him to, salon,women fellowship just name it.
Everybody likes him because he is very funny and generous. so on his 18th birthday the Mum bought him a car, so the car became his biggest treasure, then in college, only a few people have ride so the guy no dey take the ride play.
conversely, he stays less at home and has many friends the mum became worried and gave all of us visiting time table. her only fear was loosing her baby handbag that makes her happy.
She knew she cant sway him with food or anything so what she does is just to comeback in the afternoon and tell my man that armed robbers snatched someone's car in town. My man will just park for a month and so the lies continued and the Mum became happy. funny enough the woman will tell him it is a blue cressida to match his spec.lol
The guy is married twice now and still single. the last i saw him i didn't want to ask what happened cos i already know that no reasonable woman will condone his mum's excesses.

Do you ever wonder why pastors like chris okotie still have church members after seeing vision where he is sleeping in Aso rock as painted by his God? is it not the same Kwashiokor eye he is using to see vision for his church members? Is he now saying that as a professional man of God, he cant even interpret visions.
Your fiance has built a world around you so in all fairness go ahead and marry her. i am not saying you owe anybody but even the bible you believe in tells you that she has sown in your life so do not let your Mum's paranoia take away her Harvest.
your Mum simply didn't go into detail because there is none, whatever she says eventually is a fabricated fallacy. Guy woman

FOUR THINGS THAT WILL DESTROY NIGERIA

Religion
Tribalism
culture
corruption.

They don't see shi*t.

A Good mother will bring you up to make good choices and once you make those choices,they embrace it and remain proud of you. She doesn't need to see your end of semester result because she ensures that you study hard at home, she doesn't need to babysit you rather she brings you up to do things for yourself.
I guess you forgot the adage that says that a person that tours knows more than the person with gray hair.

If your mother has spent 72yrs of her life in the village, go and ask her for investment advise make she tell you to plant plantain,cultivate coco yam harvest in the Rainy season from a professional point of view.

BTW, the women our men address as bad wives, don't they turn out to be mothers?

I swear i could almost swear you have access to my head, every single bit correct in every aspect
@Poster what you have right here is what should be your answer in NL lingo GBAM!
Re: How Do I Get To Make My Mum Love My Fiancee? by chukz4real(m): 7:39am On Oct 22, 2010
Embark on a 3 days mid night prayer. Let your prayer point at this point in time be: "God reveal unto what my marriage with Miss xxxx will look like if I should follow my mind against my mum' caution." lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Get To Make My Mum Love My Fiancee? by jpphilips(m): 12:56pm On Oct 22, 2010
@ Ranosky

The Scenarios are entirely different, yours is called INSTINCT but his is called PARANOIA
personally, i don't joke with my dad's instinct because it has saved me a lot of troubles.
but when he talks he gives you the pointing arrows and buttress it with previous examples. as an old man, u will really appreciate he knows and have seen more than you.
but i cant imagine him calling me to tell me about one man that appeared in a dream with torch light and naked goat. i will quickly divert the call to a psychiatric doctor.
Re: How Do I Get To Make My Mum Love My Fiancee? by Oxygenmayo(m): 2:32pm On Oct 22, 2010
Well, too me, my opinion to your issue is that, talk to any close relative of yours in other to disclose your intentions, maybe through then, your mother might yield to your consent. you have to also prayerfully seek God's face since you say and I quote, "I'm a christian", God will see you through your marital relationship.
Re: How Do I Get To Make My Mum Love My Fiancee? by Xionez(m): 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2010
Mehn, this is worse than tryin to teach a Rottweiler the importance of havin a cat in the house. . . .
You really need to look into many things. Maybe your mum is trying to hide something or she saw something in her you didnt see cause your a man or other reasons. I know that there is a lot of marriages based on someone else's vision or dreams but most turn into a disaster because his/her heart isnt there or there wasnt enough time to iron out the faults.
Tsk Tsk, really sad. . .
But like i said, pls convince yourself thoroughly that there isnt any thing wrong before your next action.
GOOD LUCK!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Every Thing Must Go For 350k!!! Family Is Relocating / Hello My Nairaland Family / Should I Encourage My Wife To....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.