Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,191 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:36 AM

The Love Grotto - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Love Grotto (19880 Views)

Please, For The Love Of God, Experienced People Should Help Me Out Here! / She Gives Me The Love I Deserve" 17yrs Old Lesbian Shares Love Up Photo With Bae / See The Love Letter A Secondary School Girl Wrote To Her Crush.(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2020
The following day, I discovered more about her. From what she said, her father, also a business mogul was a friend to Otunba Daniel and had facilitated her coming to Saturn Oil for the IT.

The arrangement was more of a family thing. Funke was the exuberant type. In the afternoon, she was in my office for chats.

‘So, where do you live oga Frank?’ she asked.

‘I stay in the official residence.’

‘Where’s that?’

I told her.

‘With your family?’

I shook my head. ‘Nope. I’m still single.’

I saw a bright smile on her face.

‘So, you stay all alone there?’

‘I’m here Monday to Saturday. After work on Saturday, I’m off to Lagos.’

‘So, Monday to Saturday, you’re all alone. Don’t you feel lonely?’

I shrugged. ‘I manage to get by.’

She smiled again. ‘I could keep you company, if you don’t mind.’

That was very brash of her, wasn’t it?

‘Well, I think I’m quite okay,’ I replied.

The inviting smile was still there, but I chose to ignore it. Work continued in earnest. I was a workaholic, so I derived a lot of pleasure from working.

That evening, about eight, I had a guest. I was relaxing in my room watching a movie on my small flat screen when soft knocks sounded at my door.

‘Yes, open it. The door is not locked,’ I said.

The door creaked open.

‘Hello.’

I immediately sat up. Funke was at the doorway, smiling. She was in a mini skirt and t-shirt and everything about her smelt of seduction.

‘What a surprise,’ I found myself saying. ‘I wasn’t expecting you. How did you find your way here?’

‘I asked Mr. Kabir. It’s not a difficult place to find, is it?’

I sighed. ‘No, it’s not. All the same, I wasn’t expecting you.’

‘Well, I’m here.’

I had to be careful. Funke was apparently giving me the ‘green light’, but I was not the type who cherished lustful adventures. Yes, Ruth was only a fiancée, but even at this point, I knew that my remaining faithful to her mattered a lot. Sooner than later, I had to make Funke realize that.

‘You’re welcome. Sit down. What can I offer you?’

She sat on the couch and crossed her leg. I could see her thighs as the short skirt she was wearing could barely cover much of them. ‘Offer me anything.’

I had no drinks in the house apart from bottled water. But the building opposite us had a shop where mineral drinks could be bought. I took some money from the left pocket of one of my trousers.

‘Okay, let me get some drinks for you from across the road.’

She jumped to her feet. ‘I’ll follow you.’

We went out of the room and the building together. She selected what she wanted which was a bottle of malt and eggroll. We were soon back in my room.

She sat on the same spot where she had sat before, took her drinks and munched her snacks. She crossed her legs again and I had to strive not to look at them.

I told myself that yes she was beautiful but my dear Ruth was much more beautiful.

‘So, how’re you and Ruth getting on?’

I was completely taken aback by her question. ‘You knew Ruth? You knew about us?’

She laughed shortly. ‘Of course I do. I knew Ruth since I was a child. We’re family friends, you, know. Although she’s a couple of years older, we get along fine.’

‘How did you get to know about our relationship?’

She looked surprised. ‘How else would I know? She told me.’

I whistled softly under my breath. Thank God I had not crossed my ‘boundary.’

Get the full download at:
https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the-love-grotto/28460

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by WuraSerano(f): 7:44am On Sep 09, 2020
Nice update.
Re: The Love Grotto by ThrillPlus: 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2020
Nice work.
Re: The Love Grotto by kingvomlotus12: 5:01pm On Sep 15, 2020
nice job op!! come and finish it oo I can't wait
Re: The Love Grotto by SeyiDominion: 8:16am On Sep 17, 2020
FrankAkowe:
The following day, I discovered more about her. From what she said, her father, also a business mogul was a friend to Otunba Daniel and had facilitated her coming to Saturn Oil for the IT.

The arrangement was more of a family thing. Funke was the exuberant type. In the afternoon, she was in my office for chats.

‘Where’s that?’

I told her.

‘With your family?’

The inviting smile was still there, but I chose to ignore it. Work continued in earnest. I was a workaholic, so I derived a lot of pleasure from working.

That evening, about eight, I had a guest. I was relaxing in my room watching a movie on my small flat screen when soft knocks sounded at my door.

The door creaked open.

‘Hello.’

I immediately sat up. Funke was at the doorway, smiling. She was in a mini skirt and t-shirt and everything about her smelt of seduction.

‘What a surprise,’ I found myself saying. ‘I wasn’t expecting you. How did you find your way here?’

‘Well, I’m here.’

I had to be careful. Funke was apparently giving me the ‘green light’, but I was not the type who cherished lustful adventures. Yes, Ruth was only a fiancée, but even at this point, I knew that my remaining faithful to her mattered a lot. Sooner than later, I had to make Funke realize that.

She sat on the couch and crossed her leg. I could see her thighs as the short skirt she was wearing could barely cover much of them. ‘Offer me anything.’

I had no drinks in the house apart from bottled water. But the building opposite us had a shop where mineral drinks could be bought. I took some money from the left pocket of one of my trousers.

We went out of the room and the building together. She selected what she wanted which was a bottle of malt and eggroll. We were soon back in my room.

She sat on the same spot where she had sat before, took her drinks and munched her snacks. She crossed her legs again and I had to strive not to look at them.

I told myself that yes she was beautiful but my dear Ruth was much more beautiful.

I was completely taken aback by her question. ‘You knew Ruth? You knew about us?’

She laughed shortly. ‘Of course I do. I knew Ruth since I was a child. We’re family friends, you, know. Although she’s a couple of years older, we get along fine.’

Get the full download at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 6:37pm On Sep 19, 2020
Later on the following day, I discovered more about her. From what she said, her father, also a business mogul was a friend to Otunba Daniel and had facilitated her coming to Saturn Oil for the IT.

The arrangement they had was more of a family thing. Funke was the exuberant type. In the afternoon, she was in my office for chats.

‘Where’s that?’

I told her.

‘With your family?’

The door creaked open.

‘Hello.’

‘Well, I’m here.’

Get the full download at: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the-love-grotto/28460

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by Amauche147: 10:52pm On Sep 19, 2020
The second time you are repeating this chapter abi nah copy and paste?
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 11:46am On Sep 20, 2020
Characteristically, she laughed shortly. ‘Of course I do. I knew Ruth since I was a child. We’re family friends, you, know. Although she’s a couple of years older, we get along fine.’

‘You really love her?’ she asked.

I nodded. ‘Of course I do and I want to marry her.’

She smiled again. ‘Well, Ruth is a nice gal – very cool and friendly. I guess she has found a perfect partner in you.’

I smiled at her briefly. ‘Thanks for your compliments.’

‘You’re welcome.’ She looked about the room. ‘But how do you cope being here all alone? Aren’t you bored?’

I shrugged. ‘The t.v keeps me occupied. Apart from that, I’m an introvert and I’m always okay with staying indoors.’

‘Hmn.’ She sipped more from her drinks.

‘How do you ward off boredom?’

I grinned. ‘I watch movies on television. I also read fiction and non-fiction books. The social media is my friend too.’

‘All those things you mentioned are good, but they cannot replace human companionship.’

I quite agreed but there was no need to over flog that issue.

About an hour later, Funke left my place. The following evening, with her visit, I realized that she was making it become a routine.

In spite of the air of warmth and conviviality, I remained on my guard. I knew I must certainly not be carried away by the closeness that Funke offered.

That Friday evening, Funke was in my place by seven.

‘Hey, you can’t keep on keeping to yourself alone like this. It’s not healthy,’ she said.

I grinned. To me, it was perfectly healthy.

‘Well, I …’

‘Besides, Ruth said I should take care of you.’

‘She did?’ there was no way I would believe that, but I would not say so.

‘Yeah. Come on, let’s go on an outing.’

I looked at the clock hung on the wall. ‘At this hour?’

‘Come on, it doesn’t matter. We’ll be back in a couple of hours.’

I yielded to her. She drove to a house that looked like a guest house at the end of the town.

‘My father owns this place,’ she announced.

I nodded. ‘That’s good.’

We went inside the place. At the bar, she ordered for barbecue. ‘I’ll pay for everything we take,’ she said.

‘Thanks.’

‘Do you want to try champagne, cognac or brandy?’

I had read somewhere that champagne had about 12.2% of alcohol while brand and cognac had 40%. No way, I would not go for anything alcoholic.

‘No please. Just fruits juice will be okay.’

She smiled. ‘Okay, the fruits juice have it.’

We took the drinks and ate the spicily roasted meats.

‘So, what is it you like in a lady?’ she asked.
What a question! I sighed and thought of what to say. ‘I like a lady that is modest and decent,’ I replied.

She smiled. ‘Do I fall into that category?’

Oh Lord, what a thing to ask. ‘I think you are, so far.’

She looked pleased by the answer. ‘Are you sure about what you’re saying?’

I nodded and smiled modestly.

‘Do you mind if I call you Frank? Just Frank?’

I shrugged. I was supposed to be her boss, but did it really matter?

‘Now, tell me Frank, am I beautiful?’

Get complete story from: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the-love-grotto/28460

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by Amauche147: 3:29pm On Sep 20, 2020
Nice one ....keeps it coming
Re: The Love Grotto by ksafimova: 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2020
I thought that this girl reminds me of someone. And then I remembered! Most likely I saw her on the webcam when I was surfing the site. Very beautiful appearance!
Re: The Love Grotto by JustBeingFrank(m): 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2020
Re: The Love Grotto by Saturn101: 8:14am On Sep 23, 2020
Interesting story.
Re: The Love Grotto by LoveToRead: 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2020
Nice update
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 10:12pm On Sep 26, 2020
She looked pleased by the answer. ‘Are you sure about what you’re saying?’

I nodded and smiled modestly.

‘Do you mind if I call you Frank? Just Frank?’

I shrugged. I was supposed to be her boss, but did it really matter?

‘Now, tell me Frank, am I beautiful?’

The beating of my heart increased. I must continue to be on top of the situation.

‘All ladies are beautiful.’

There was a slight frown on her face. ‘I don’t like that answer. I’m not asking a general question.

I’m asking just about myself, so direct your answer appropriately.’

I smiled genially. ‘It will not be proper to tell my future wife’s friend that she’s beautiful.’

She raised her brows. ‘What’s the crime in that?’

‘There’s no crime in it, but ethically speaking, it’s not appropriate.’

‘Whosh! What a sermon. You talk as if you’re a pastor.’

‘No I’m not, but I’m a worker in the vineyard of God. As a Christ ambassador, I must always uphold the virtues of godliness and goodness anywhere I find myself.’

That nailed my intention as she got the massage.
‘I guess Ruth is lucky to have you,’ she muttered.
Our conversation drifted to other things, but I continued to be on guard. About an hour later, we left the place and she drove ma back to the residential block.

‘Thanks for the moment we shared together,’ she said.

‘You’re the one I should thank. Good night.’

‘Good night.’ She engaged the gear and drove off.

A month to the introduction, I was really geared up to making a success of my prospective union with Ruth. I had saved some money even when I was still working at the advertising agency and it looked like the season of spending had finally come.

Ruth could adequately read the mood of the season and had some plans to make things easy for me. I got an alert on my bank account.

I was surprised to see that two million naira was transferred to the account and it was from no other person than my dear Ruth. I called her immediately.

‘Did you purposely transfer money into my account?’ I asked. ‘Or was it a mistake?’

‘It wasn’t a mistake. Yes, I did. Dad said I should do so. It’s to prepare for the forthcoming introduction and wedding ceremonies.’

‘Wow! That’s mighty generous of you and your dad. I really, really appreciate this.’

‘Don’t mention, dear. It’s all for good.’

I was indeed grateful for the generosity. I was now able to really plan for the events in a fabulous way. Ruth selected all the clothes we used for the traditional wedding.

They were gorgeous but expensive wears. I had no problem about paying for them. All the same, I didn’t let myself be carried away by the euphoria of marrying the highly delectable and exotic-like Ruth.

You can get the full story: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the-love-grotto/28460

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by LoveToRead: 7:43am On Sep 27, 2020
Nice update.

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 7:19am On Oct 04, 2020
That nailed my intention as she got the massage.

‘I guess Ruth is lucky to have you,’ she muttered.

Our conversation drifted to other things, but I continued to be on guard.

About an hour later, we left the place and she drove ma back to the residential block.

‘Thanks for the moment we shared together,’ she said.

‘You’re the one I should thank. Good night.’

‘Good night.’

She engaged the gear and drove off.

A month to the introduction, I was really geared up to making a success of my prospective union with Ruth. I had saved some money even when I was still working at the advertising agency and it looked like the season of spending had finally come.

Ruth could adequately read the mood of the season and had some plans to make things easy for me. I got an alert on my bank account. I was surprised to see that two million naira was transferred to the account and it was from no other person than my dear Ruth.

I called her immediately.

‘Did you purposely transfer money into my account?’ I asked. ‘Or was it a mistake?’

‘It wasn’t a mistake. Yes, I did. Dad said I should do so. It’s to prepare for the forthcoming introduction and wedding ceremonies.’

‘Wow! That’s mighty generous of you and your dad. I really, really appreciate this.’

‘Don’t mention, dear. It’s all for good.’

I was indeed grateful for the generosity. I was now able to really plan for the events in a fabulous way.

Ruth selected all the clothes we used for the traditional wedding. They were gorgeous but expensive wears. I had no problem about paying for them.

All the same, I didn’t let myself be carried away by the euphoria of marrying the highly delectable and exotic-like Ruth.

The grand event was the wedding proper.

The church service and the wedding reception all took place at the G.R.A Ikeja. Important dignitaries graced the occasion and I had a feeling I was experiencing fantasy. A year ago, I would never have dreamt of a wedding as awesome as this. But then, man proposes, God disposes.

My suit was specially designed and hand made. My bride was stunning in her wedding gown. I felt like I was floating in the air when I gave the bridal kiss.

The good thing was I was convinced I was marrying her for love, and not for any other thing.

At the reception, a live band performed to the delight of every guest. When I danced with my bride, I could some of the guests spraying foreign currencies.

During the presentation of gifts, Otunba gave a brand new BMW X1 Sports Activity car to us while his wife gave a Mercedes Benz A-Class.

A latest model of Rolls Royce conveyed us to Sheraton Hotel where we would spend that Saturday night. We were to travel to Banjul, the Gambia by Monday morning for a two-week honey-moon vacation.

In the suite of our hotel, I still felt I was in the dreamland as I held Ruth’s hand.

‘Finally, you’re my wife,’ I said. ‘Ruth, baby, you’re mine permanently now.’

‘Yes, and you’re mine too.’

‘It’s the doing of the Lord,’ I enthused. ‘On my own, there’s no way this could have happened.’

She nodded.

I ogled her. ‘You look so lovely, so bewitching.’

‘Ehn, so I’m a witch now.’

I drew her to myself and planted a long kiss. Her yielding to my overture showed that she was expectant. We made love as if it was our first time of doing so. For the next forty hours or so, all we did was eat, drink and make love. Early Monday morning, the vehicle that would take us to the airport arrived.

The 2,327 kilometers flight from Lagos to Banjul by Air Peace commenced about ten a.m. It took about five hours to get to the small West African country land-locked by Senegal. We lodged at Rainbow Beach Bar and Lodgings which offered cheap but pleasant accommodation. It was located at Sanyang village in Banjul and was about ten-minute drive from Yundum Int’l Airport.
The hotel also provided a handbook on the people and government of the Gambia.

I read that the Republic of The Gambia is a country in West Africa that is almost surrounded by Senegal except to the western coastline along the Atlantic Ocean. Its official language is English while Madinka, Fula, Wolof, Serer and Jola were regarded as national languages.

You can download full story from: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the-love-grotto/28460

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by FairCritic(m): 11:09pm On Oct 05, 2020
Nice update.
Re: The Love Grotto by FairCritic(m): 3:12am On Oct 08, 2020
Waiting for more update
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 9:46am On Oct 10, 2020
The hotel also provided a handbook on the people and government of the Gambia. I read that the Republic of The Gambia is a country in West Africa that is almost surrounded by Senegal except to the western coastline along the Atlantic Ocean.

Its official language is English while Madinka, Fula, Wolof, Serer and Jola were regarded as national languages.

With a land area of 10,689 km2 and a population of 2,051,363 (according to 2017 estimate), Gambia is certainly the smallest country on the coast of West Africa. While Banjul is the capital, the largest cities are Serekunda and Brikama.

Politically, The Gambia was made a part of the British Empire on May 25, 1765. The country gained independence under the leadership of Dauda Jawara in 1965 (after over two hundred years of colonial rule). Yahya Jammeh seized power in 1994, but presently, Adama Barrow was at the helms of affairs.

Within the two weeks we were there, we visited interesting places including Bijilo Forest Park, River Gambia National Park and the National Museum at Independence Drive in Banjul. By the time we returned to Lagos, I had no doubt that I had experienced something that would forever remain indelible in my mind.

Another pleasant surprise awaited me as soon as we were driven away from the Lagos Airport. The car sent by Otunba drove off to Off Association Avenue, Ilupeju.

A cream color duplex was at the end of Johnson Street. The driver handed a bunch of keys to me.

‘Otunba said I should give you this. This place is your new home.’

Of course, I was pleasantly surprised. From the knowing looks on the face of Ruth, I knew she was privy to that information and surprise package. I immediately called my father-in-law to thank him for all he had been doing.

‘You’re my son-in-law now, which is like my son,’ he replied. ‘Just make sure you take care of your wife. Be a loving husband.’

I didn’t need anyone to tell me that, but I nodded in agreement all the same. ‘She will forever remain the love of my life, sir,’ I said.

The two cars that were gifted to us during the wedding – a BMW and a Mercedes Benz – were already parked in the compound. The new home had five bedrooms in all, apart from the three rooms in the boys’ quarters.

There were two sitting-rooms: one downstairs and another one upstairs. For Ruth and me, it was a large place as we were just starting a family. But then, I remembered that I had just married the daughter of a billionaire.

Since we arrived on Friday, we still had two days to relax at our new home before we resumed work on Monday. Now, the duplex was already well-furnished. Apart from the comfortable settees, there was sixty-inch Samsung flat screen in the sitting with satellite connection.

Even the kitchen had all the utensils that were needed to bring sumptuous cuisine to life. From the gas cooker to the shelves and cupboards, everything was set. My things were still at my Agege apartment.

Now, I wondered what to do with them, especially the furniture. My rent would not be due till another six months, so those things might just remain there for now.

I played the perfect husband, waking her up with kisses and staying with her – even assisting her - in the kitchen.

‘I’ll need a domestic help,’ she said. ‘No one will cook for my darling but me. However, I need someone to do the washing and the general cleaning of the house.’

‘You need a house boy?’

She shook her head. ‘I prefer a female, someone who will wash, clean the house and assist in the kitchen.’

I nodded. She had a point there.

‘I’ll tell mum about it, so that she would get me a good hand,’ she asserted.

I nodded again. ‘That will be no problem.’

You can get full download at: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the-love-grotto/28460

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 1:53pm On Nov 01, 2020
She shook her head. ‘I prefer a female, someone who will wash, clean the house and assist in the kitchen.’

I nodded. She had a point there.

‘I’ll tell mum about it, so that she would get me a good hand,’ she asserted.

I nodded again. ‘That will be no problem.’

That afternoon, she called her mother. I was bemused as she talked excitedly to her mother on the phone. They talked for what I considered a long time.

After the telephone conversation, she turned to me with a smile.

‘She has agreed,’ she said. ‘As a matter of fact, she’s sending someone over right now.’

I looked surprised. ‘So fast?’

‘Yes. She’s actually sending one of the maids in the house over for now.’

A couple of hours later, the bell at the gate sounded. I went there to see who it was. Titi was the one. She had a big bag in her hand and a big smile on her face.

‘Uncle,’ she greeted familiarly, coming to give me a big hug.

‘Hello Titi. How’re you?’

‘Fine. I’m so happy big mummy has sent me here. I’m glad to be working for Aunty Ruth again.’

I nodded at her. ‘You’re welcome.’

Ruth gave her one of the bedrooms downstairs.

For now, all the rooms in the BQ remained locked.

It didn’t take me long to realize that Titi was hardworking. She was efficient in her work and I could see why my mother-in-law had sent her.

She waited on Ruth as if she was her personal nurse. Now, I knew that I had married a princess.
On Sunday morning, I looked around for a church where we would be worshipping.

As a single guy, I was always fervent in the things of the Lord. Now, as a married person, I must not derail from that lofty path. In the afternoon, I drove Ruth’s Corolla, in her company, to pay a visit to her parents.

We would have gone the previous day but Otunba was on a trip and did not return home until late in the night.

I prostrated flat to greet my father-in-law.

‘Ah, Frank, how’re you?’ he greeted amiably, extending his right hand for a hand shake after I had got up.

I took the hand genially.

‘Thank you so much, sir, for all you’re doing.’

‘It’s God we should thank. If I don’t do it for my son-in-law, who will I do it for?’

The Daniels feted us to a feast. There were so much to eat and drink, but I must still be modest in all I did. We were in the house until after eight in the evening before we left.

Back at our Ilupeju home, Titi was anxiously waiting for her mistress.

‘I was beginning to get worried that you stayed out late,’ she said as soon as we got down from the car.

Ruth smiled. ‘Mum and dad would hardly see us go.’

There was no need to eat any other meal that evening as we were already full. By ten p.m., we were in bed.

The following day was Monday and I would be resuming work. Just as Ruth lay cuddled in my arms, I got a call from Otunba.

You can get the full download: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by Amauche147: 9:22pm On Nov 02, 2020
Nice one .....don’t keep your readers waiting for long
Re: The Love Grotto by FairCritic(m): 1:38am On Nov 03, 2020
Nice piece
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2020
There was no need to eat any other meal that evening as we were already full. By ten p.m., we were in bed. The following day was Monday and I would be resuming work.

Just as Ruth lay cuddled in my arms, I got a call from Otunba.

‘Will you like to be deployed to the Head Office, or will you still like to be working at the depot at Sagamu?’ he asked, straight-to-the–point.

I had not thought of anything like that, so I had to think fast.

‘I’m okay with the depot, sir.’

‘I like that answer,’ he replied. ‘In fact, you should remain there. Since you resumed there, business has improved tremendously and I must commend you on that. The only thing is, now that you’re freshly married, you can be closing by four o’clock. You can also skip working on Saturday, for now, so that you can have good time with your wife.’

I was impressed. ‘Oh, thank you so much, sir.’

‘Alright. Good night.’

‘Good night, sir. Thanks a lot, sir.’ The line was disconnected.

‘Did he give you another week of leave?’ Ruth asked cheekily.

I smacked her playfully on the bum. ‘No, but he wants me to be closing on time and to have Saturdays off so that I can take good care of you.’

She climbed on me with kisses. ‘Well, when will you start taking good care of me?’

I smiled. ‘I thought I’ve started doing that already.’

She remained on top of me. ‘I want more of it.’

I nodded. ‘And you’ll get it.’

‘Treat me like your baby,’ she cooed.

‘Like my baby? You’re my baby!’

Throughout that night, just as I had been doing since the night of the wedding, I made sure I took ‘good care’ of care.

I woke up six in the morning, which was waking up late.

I had to dash to the bathroom to have a bath. I hated getting to work late, but it was like that Monday morning would be an exception.

My wife got up to have her bath too but she took things at her pace.

Downstairs, a breakfast of toast bread and tea was waiting. Titi would not be found wanting in such regard. I took the meal briskly.

‘You can take the Corolla to your office,’ Ruth said, ‘since the new cars are yet to have plate numbers and some documents.’

My official car was in my former residence and I had not been chance to bring it.

‘Oh, no, I wouldn’t want to inconvenience you,’ I said quickly.

‘It’s okay. I’ll take cab to work. My own working place is not far like yours.’

She had a point there. ‘Alright. Thanks a lot.’
‘Must you thank me?’

I smiled warmly at her. What a wife I had got!

You can get the full download: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by BigBasher: 9:07pm On Nov 28, 2020
Thanks for the update.

Re: The Love Grotto by FairCritic(m): 1:08pm On Nov 29, 2020
Nice update.
Re: The Love Grotto by BigBasher: 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2020
Interesting one
Re: The Love Grotto by Zamar: 8:40am On Dec 15, 2020
Interesting story.
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 8:46am On Jan 09, 2021
My official car was in my former residence and I had not been chance to bring it.

‘Oh, no, I wouldn’t want to inconvenience you,’ I said quickly.

‘It’s okay. I’ll take cab to work. My own working place is not far like yours.’

She had a point there. ‘Alright. Thanks a lot.’

‘Must you thank me?’

I smiled warmly at her. What a wife I had got!
I went to Sagamu with the Toyota Corolla and despite the fact that I was driving against traffic, I didn’t get to work until about quarter past eight.

The workers went into a frenzy to welcome me back.

‘Ah, the oko-iyawo has returned,’ Kabir said. ‘Oga, see how fresh you look. You just dey shine.’

I soon threw myself to work. There was indeed much to do after my over two weeks of absence. During lunch break, I called Kabir and explained the new working schedule to him. He nodded in agreement.

‘Yes, oga. You need to be having some time with your brand new wife,’ he said and laughed.

When it was five minutes past four o’clock, I closed for the day and returned to Lagos. It was a smooth ride. By six o’clock, I was in the Ilupeju residence. Titi opened the gate for me.

‘Welcome, uncle,’ she greeted.

‘Titi, how’re you?’

I entered the house with her on my heels. ‘Fine, sir.’

‘My wife has not returned?’ I asked.

‘Not, yet.’

I put a call to her. ‘Hello, honey. Are you still at work?’

‘No, but I was stuck in the traffic. Are you home already?’

‘Yes. I just arrived now. How was work?’

‘Fine. I’m at Ojuelegba now. In the next thirty minutes or so, I should be at home.’

‘Alright, see you, darling.’

‘See you.’

In the bedroom, I decided it would be better I went to Agege to bring my car and some of my personal effects. I took the keys of the flat and went downstairs to meet Titi in the kitchen.

‘I need to get to Agege to bring some of my things. I’ll soon be back.’

‘Okay, uncle.’

I nodded at her. ‘Come and close the gate.’

I took a cab to the place. The apartment was the way I had left it. I put some of my clothes and shoes in a suitcase. I would still have to find time to pack the rest. I put the stuffs in the boot of the Highlander.

I was about to start the car when it dawned on me that definitely the battery would be down by now. I tried to start the car and indeed, the battery was completely out.

Banji, one of my neighbors owned a car, but had not returned from work. Just as I was wondering what to do, his Toyota Camry car was driven in.

‘Look who’s here,’ he said. ‘The groom has finally returned, but where is the bride?’

I smiled and shook hands with him. ‘How’s everything with you?’

‘Fine o. We dey. I can see that you really enjoyed your honeymoon. See how your cheeks are rosy.’

‘Oh, it’s the grace of God.’

‘How’s your wife? Is she in the house so that I can say hello to her?’

The Love Grotto: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the-love-grotto/28460

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by Graminyte9(m): 9:03am On Jan 09, 2021
Interesting story, more updates plzzzz

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by Awesome05: 8:58am On Jan 10, 2021
Nice update
Re: The Love Grotto by Zamar: 7:17am On Jan 16, 2021
Nice and cool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am After His Money And He's After My "Assets" / NO SHAME! Naija Lady Proudly Shows Off Her Dirty Undies Online / How Is My (future) Wife Doing Right Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.