Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:56 PM

Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff (98242 Views)

"My Husband Does Not Last Long In Bed And Now I'm Sleeping With My Ex" -lady / Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores / My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by adanny01(m): 12:40am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:
Finaly i decided to create an account

What's up Nairaland, Please Pardon my English.

So me and my man been married for a year now but here's the thing he does that pisses me OFF!!! TOTALLY!!!! ehn, every time I cook rice and stew (fried stew/fish/meat) he'd ask me to go outside the estate to go and buy Ewa(beans) (I'm using Ewa because that's how he pronounces it. So I noticed this earlier and I started Cooking beans anytime I cook rice. He'll still request for 'Ewa' the Mama put beans made and sold by the roadside

While we dated he'd even ask me to cook for himself and his friends and if my cooking was bad, I'd have gotten feedback somehow.. how can I serve food and he'll ask me to go get 'Ewa' at Shangisha Outside Magodo Gra to mix his rice even when we have visitors he will send me a whatsapp message to still go get Ewa most times he'll even book uber if i tell him I'm too tired to drive I'm tired of going to buy Ewa!!

How do i get to know what the problem is, because it's definitely not my cooking, 2 of my office buddies they don't buy lunch because i bring enough food for 3 of us everyday and they'd have stopped eating it if it was bad

Pls dont mind the -ve comments especially NwaAmaikpe. grin

I am married and i like wedding rice. My wife cooks that kind of rice and it comes out far better than most wedding rice but she can not replicate the flavours or add the occasion to the rice to make it wedding rice.

The mai shayi tea.also has its own flavours you will try to replicate without success.

My wife loves moi moi but I purge every time i take it at home. I eat the one in my parents house or a particular restaurant i desire without issues.

It may or may not be your cooking, the best thing is to ask him why he prefers that particular ewa than yours. Communication is key.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Myhusband(m): 12:41am On Aug 14, 2019
my dear sister, you really don't know how to Cook the beans the way he likes it, that doesn't make you a bad Cook. my fiance cooked every other things for me but not beans

I love my beans to be soft with moderate salt and pepper but hers pattern was far different despite a lot of correction but since it's not her kind of food, I always cooked my things myself

at your leisure time, goto that mama put, make a friendship with her, along the line you relate just to know how she cooked the beans. you might be contemplating if it worth it? your marriage worth more than that

asking your husband about the cooking is unnecessary because it will change nothing. asking your husband will be like a parent whom their child is not catching up with her mates in class despite all teacher's effort and they're still asking the teacher what else they can do?

learn how the mama put cooked the beans
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by BENEAMATA: 12:42am On Aug 14, 2019
pcicero:
On top beans mata
ehn yes . we carry am for hea like dwa agayin ! oya , wetin again you observe ? cheesy
pcicero:
On top beans mata
ehn yes . we carry am for hea like dwa agayin ! oya , wetin again you observe ?
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by toprealman: 12:45am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

So me and my man been married for a year now but here's the thing he does that pisses me OFF!!! TOTALLY!!!! ehn, every time I cook rice and stew (fried stew/fish/meat) he'd ask me to go outside the estate to go and buy Ewa(beans) (I'm using Ewa because that's how he pronounces it. So I noticed this earlier and I started Cooking beans anytime I cook rice. He'll still request for 'Ewa' the Mama put beans made and sold by the roadside

While we dated he'd even ask me to cook for himself and his friends and if my cooking was bad, I'd have gotten feedback somehow.. how can I serve food and he'll ask me to go get 'Ewa' at Shangisha Outside Magodo Gra to mix his rice even when we have visitors he will send me a whatsapp message to still go get Ewa most times he'll even book uber if i tell him I'm too tired to drive I'm tired of going to buy Ewa!!

How do i get to know what the problem is, because it's definitely not my cooking, 2 of my office buddies they don't buy lunch because i bring enough food for 3 of us everyday and they'd have stopped eating it if it was bad
You are a decent person. Some of these things are just deeper that we normally think.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by MariaAngeles: 12:46am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

If you want to learn how the Togolese make their ewa, send me a PM, I'll put your through .
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Nobody: 12:55am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

Take it easy, 'A problem shared' I've seen a whole lotta post where people post/share their problem to get feedbacks from sane minds, so I've done the same and in one of my replies on here, i said i asked and he said it was only temporary.. so don't be typing behind that cheap infinix/tecno phone tryna make me feel like its a wrong thing to post my issues

If he recently started this, two things will happen. It's either he grows out of it or it stays for life.

And since you've started buying it for him, you might need to continue for life unless you stamp your foot early enough by telling him to stop eating roadside food that you won't want him to raise your children with roadside eating...yes, babies are coming soon.

You can chip in some things about the unhygienic things these women put in their food to make it taste nice and how it can cause sickness and long term health effects like prostate cancer, high blood pressure, and so on.

And you won't want anybody to blame you that you couldn't take proper care of your husband.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 12:56am On Aug 14, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Your husband is such a polite gentleman. His kind is rare and he thinks so much about how you'd feel and that's why he won't tell you truth.
That is so wrong of him but Hanty, NwaAmaikpe is here to serve you that long hidden truth.

You are a pathetic cook and he is being too civil to say it. Dude cares so much about it not coming off the wrong way so he'd communicate indirectly and expect an intelligent you to get the subliminal message.

Sadly you don't.

Your colleagues only tolerate your meal because it is free. I don't think they'd eat past a spoon if they were paying for it.
You also don't expect them to criticize it because very few are like us.

I once had a colleague back then who always brought food for me. One day I decided to give it a try.
I tasted the beans and it was like raw carbide mixed with Cameroon pepper.
Anyways, I was courteous enough to tell her to send an assassin instead of trying to kill me with food.

Ewa should be the easiest thing for you to cook....so if he keeps requesting for Iya Basira's ewa, it is so that it can help neutralize the effect of the remaining of your edible poison in the rice and stew.

Please be a virtuous woman.
Be a wife,
And be a mother to that poor man.
It's not fair that you have to send him to Sokoto to get what is in his shokoto.
It's also not fair that you waste his resources to build office relationships.

It is from clapping that the best dances emanate.
Today, you feel obliged to feed your colleagues.
They now eat daily from your cooler. I hope very soon they won't be eating out of your honeypot as well?

"It is from help me hold my gown, help me hold my gown that Azuka found out the colour of his landlady's pant".
and it was like raw carbide mixed with Cameroon pepper.
How do you create such mental picture

6 Likes

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by immaq8(f): 12:58am On Aug 14, 2019
pls send me ur husband phone no. let me counsel him. must he eat beans? grin
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 14, 2019
Eating out is bad especially when the buka cooks tasty meals.

Before I left aba, I do take almost N150 Keke down to park.

This big black woman that sells in between first bank and God is Good park is really something else. My combo den was N200 rice, N100 beans, N100 plantain with enough salad, 3 huge beef then our very own ofe akwu.

I thought I was jazzed till I left aba for long and that habit died.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by drightguy(m): 1:06am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

Actually post like this makes it difficult to give the right advise because we don't know the truth concerning your food "tasting good" but I will have to take your words "I can cook very well"
I will want to say that first, your husband is not charmed in any way; he is probably been addicted to it There is every possiblity that your husband was at a time a regular customer to the said woman thereby making him addicted to the woman's "Sweet food". Going to the extent of booking Uber for you to get the beans shows how much he enjoys it secondly, you can be a good cook yet can't cook same way the said woman does. My Lagos guys can relate well to the fact that all beans aren't beans, that you can cook rice and stew and other food doesn't mean you can cook beans very well. My advise to you is to try and learn the way that woman does her cooking (recipe) and at the right time makes your husband to understand that he should be encouraging you by eating your own beans and limit his visit to the woman's shop.

Bia the act of feeding your colleagues at the office does not makes you to know you are a good cook. You better limit it before your husband gets to know.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Nobody: 1:08am On Aug 14, 2019
FatherCHRISTMAS:
and it was like raw carbide mixed with Cameroon pepper.
How do you create such mental picture

Only NwaAmaikpe can conjure such evil from no where... the only nairalander that is stupid, evil, wicked, funny, unrepentantly blunt and somehow makes sense at the same time.... I don’t know how he does it...dude or lady must have a very wild imagination..
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Kingsley10000: 1:12am On Aug 14, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Your husband is such a polite gentleman. His kind is rare and he thinks so much about how you'd feel and that's why he won't tell you truth.
That is so wrong of him but Hanty, NwaAmaikpe is here to serve you that long hidden truth.

You are a pathetic cook and he is being too civil to say it. Dude cares so much about it not coming off the wrong way so he'd communicate indirectly and expect an intelligent you to get the subliminal message.

Sadly you don't.

Your colleagues only tolerate your meal because it is free. I don't think they'd eat past a spoon if they were paying for it.

I once had a colleague back then who always brought food for me. One day I decided to give it a try.
Anyways, I was courteous enough to tell her to send an assassin instead of trying to kill me with food.

Ewa should be the easiest thing for you to cook....so if he keeps requesting for Iya Basira's ewa, it is so that it can help neutralize the effect of the remaining of your edible poison in the rice and stew.

Be a wife,
It's not fair that you have to send him to Sokoto to get what is in his shokoto.

They now eat daily from your cooler. I hope very soon they won't be eating out of your honeypot as well?

"It is from help me hold my gown, help me hold my gown that Azuka found out the colour of his landlady's pant".
you've spoken well

4 Likes

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Ope4Christ: 1:14am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

Woman humble yourself by going to that 'Iya Elewa' tell her to teach you how to cook 'Ewa' using her method, then start using it to cook 'Ewa' for your husband. Problem solve.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by ogorwyne(f): 1:18am On Aug 14, 2019
I actually laughed at that part where you said you are tired of going to buy ewa. cheesy

If you haven't spoken to him about this his ewa habit, then you should. I really don't like that too.

I just think he is used to buying mama put. And maybe you should try to get his mama put's ewa recipe.

I believe there is a way he likes his ewa. Just talk to him about it. That is the first step. smiley.

When I was in primary school, my big cousin visited and prepared this really nice ogbono soup. I really didn't like eating eba at the time but I enjoyed that soup and ate it well without force from anybody. Till date I still talk about it. Even my mom had to ask her for what she did differently, because they would always beg me to eat, sometimes cane dey enter sef. My mom taught her how to cook. It was just a simple pot of soup, nothing extra. I still don't like ogbono and swallow too much o. But that her Ogbono taste ehn still comes alive once in a while in my mouth. grin. Lol

And Nwaamaikpe, Eze nde trolls, your comment was quite unnecessary, insulting and stupid. It's funny how you type sometimes, just not every time. undecided
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Codyt(m): 1:30am On Aug 14, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Sadly you don't.

Be a wife,

This is crude and hurtful.
Wow....

4 Likes

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by SmallmebigGod: 1:33am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

I know you have read plenty mentions. I hope you still read this
1. When you bring topic like this to nairaland only few people will give advice the rest will just laugh and make jest. Don't take the jesters serious and don't feel bad at their words. I don't blame them, the primary reason 70% people peep on their NL account is to laugh
2. In my own view... It will be counter productive to 'sit your husband down' and talk to him about it. Let's get it straight relationship differs, you have been accommodating that excess , if you change to 'sit him down and talk to him' approach you will be sending wrong signals.
3. You can still talk about it, in a very unserious and joking manner, like just joking about the whole thing, I'm sure you understand
4. If I am to use myself as example, I love my wife's cooking, I crave for it, I work till late at work and I sometimes go hungry all day cos other food doesn't have taste to me smiley but there is a food I love that my wife can no make well because they don't eat it in there family at all, she only learnt it when we were about to get married, so like she is still learner smiley when it comes to that food, sadly I also don't know how to cook it. She is very good in others, in my own case I try to prevent her from cooking the food by choosing alternatives sometimes she just want to cook the food because she knows I love it. So you might be an excellent cook but not just good enough for him on that ewa thingy. Learning from the mama will not even work. I can tell you, He feel the different, outside food is like 'cocaine' true true smiley. So I advice you allow him eat is ewa, suggest to him how to be buying it instead of you going. Over time it will usually clear from our eyes. Or if it doesn't clear it will get to the point that you will be the one that won't care

I hope my long story is useful

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by ityP(m): 1:36am On Aug 14, 2019
Since you have talked to him about it and he still doesn't want to change, my only advice is DIVORCE HIM AND LET US HEAR WORD grin
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Sinavaramini: 1:39am On Aug 14, 2019
Madam, you have a very simple problem, you say you are pissed off, I say simple because, you should thank your star that he is not refusing to eat your food at all but just asking for what will quench his taste bud, that your husband must have lived through hell as a young growing man. Let me tell you this madam, I depended on ewa + 1/2 loaf agege bread when I was struggling, and got addicted to it, nowadays, after eating in highbrow restaurant in Ikoyi where I work during lunch, on my way home, I ask my driver to stop by mama buka spot, buy ewa in takeaway pack, eat while I am in traffic, it relaxes me. My driver also enjoy it too because I buy for him also. Ewa Agoyin, get some things wey dey take cook am, but its everlasting. Enjoy your husband, that makes him happy, no use your head create a sad husband
Sweettwenty8:

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Themainn: 1:48am On Aug 14, 2019
Job hunting isn't what it used to be.  It's highly competitive and fast. In the age of twitter, tag lines and soundbites, your resume will need to pass the 5 second test.  If a viewer doesn't understand your story within seconds, they pass.  Sad but true. 

I have solved that problem with a new format, tailored toward mid level and senior executives.  It's comprehensive, succinct, and showcases your depth of skill.  It's called a Visual Resume ™. 

HERE'S WHY YOU NEED ONE: 

97% of resumes are viewed online so content, and page real estate is critical, not optional

Resumes are scanned, not read. You have 5 seconds to convey a message 

Visual Resumes™ thread together your work history; unlike traditional resumes

ABOUT ME: 

Professional resume writer 

20+ years experience 

Former hiring manager

Published author 

Brand marketer

Responsive and easy to work with 

Speedy service

WHO VISUAL RESUMES ™ ARE FOR? 

Those re-entering the workforce

Those will diverse skill sets

Those who are changing job functions 

Those with a traditional resume that isn't working 

Email me ihemejonathan@yahoo.com
Or call nd whatsapp me +2349018902459

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by madridsta007(m): 1:51am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

Improve your cooking. Buy the Ewa and eat it- and then inquire from the Ewa seller how she makes her food that tasty.
It takes humility, but it works.

Your office colleagues eat free food and I bet they do not cook. People hardly say no to free food. It "fills" their stomach but is not entirely tasty.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by blackgold90(m): 1:52am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

Your husband is a local man ,me my wife food taste so good that when I eat any other meal it does taste good...he food made me to remember her when am away.

For instance am in PH now and am missing her food at delta
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Chicksy(f): 1:57am On Aug 14, 2019
All you need to do is,Go meet that mama that sells the beans,pay and learn all recipe how she makes it....Cook it the same way,nd dont let him know about it..when he ask u buy Ewa,sell your own beans to him...if he it's a couple of time without noticing the difference, then let him know uv been making the Ewa..he should start eating yours...
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by teenyyinka(f): 2:01am On Aug 14, 2019
Charleys:
You are married to a Yoruba man.

They just can't eat rice alone. It's just this weird belief that eating rice alone is bad except you add EWas to make it balance diet. (Which isn't true).

Just the same way I can't eat rice alone without banana sliced in.

So what you'll do is cook EWA anytime you cook rice.

That is not correct! Not every yoruba man.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Mctitanmj(m): 2:10am On Aug 14, 2019
thesicilian:
Who remembers this song Iya Basira by Styl Plus?
I remembered

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Princedapace(m): 2:14am On Aug 14, 2019
Who noticed this lady has pride?

Serious one for that matter!

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by kikelomojessy(f): 2:16am On Aug 14, 2019
Hi dear,

Well, since ewa agoyi is the problem , just prepare it exactly the same way those people do it, if you don't know how, use YouTube. Dnt blame him, there is a special taste to the agonyi beans compared to other porridge beans.

And if you get it same way and he still did not stop asking you to get it for him outside, mehn the food seller has done something oh, u will need to pray hard, am just saying cos have seen and heard lots of stories about constant visit to these food seller, God should keep on protecting his people.

Men love beans. My dad till he died will never eat any form of prepared rice without beans. Just try and make this one right for him and I think he will appreciate.

Dont forget to also use that same agonyi method to prepare your yam porridgeb and beansporridge, you will like it too.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Xisnin(m): 2:21am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

You are creating potential problems by refusing to speak to him about the issue but choose to trust
the judgment of internet strangers.
Ask him why.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:42am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

Why not go get the recipe from the local ewa seller?

The 2 of your office buddies are eating free food so you don't expect them to complain.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by 2buffagain(m): 2:46am On Aug 14, 2019
Mama dey wash put.
You suppose wash put inside your own too Mae everytin balance.

Na dat ogbantami taste the man dey crave.
Give am to am.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by tiwiex(m): 2:48am On Aug 14, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Sadly you don't.

Be a wife,

Surprised this got that many likes. I guess for the humour. I think some mama puts have a unique recipe that cannot be replicated and you just get addicted. There is an ewa lady somewhere in Ikeja that I buy from everytime I am in Lagos. It has a taste even the most virtuous wife cannot replicate. Same with iya Oyo in Abuja. Her gbegiri is the most unique anywhere. Not found a replacement in the much touted Ibadan. I don't think your cooking is bad but he is addicted to that taste which cannot be replicated. Like everything, he will get tired. Try buyin ewa from somewhere else and he woul refuse no matter how better it is. Taste is relative.

I suggest you just let him and try and humour him over his love for the ewa. I think you are taking yourself too seriously. How are the other areas of your marriage? Companionship good? Conversations good? I think African women get too hard on themselves when their man eats other stuff. I mean he eats everything you cook other than this ewa. If the other areas of your marriage are good, then don't sweat it. Unless you can replicate this delicious ewa.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Nobody: 2:49am On Aug 14, 2019
thesicilian:
Who remembers this song Iya Basira by Styl Plus?

Wisdom wan finish uuuuu....!!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) / Effect Of Ice Cold Water During Pregnancy / Married Women Caught With Other Men In Their Husbands' Houses (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.