Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:06 AM

Apart From Joomla: What Other Cms Do You Work With: ? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Apart From Joomla: What Other Cms Do You Work With: ? (7912 Views)

Sms Portal Creator Taking 5,000 To Update From Joomla 1.5 / Calling For Technical Assistance From Joomla Design Professionals In The House / How To Upgrade From Joomla 1.5 To Joomla 2.5.4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apart From Joomla: What Other Cms Do You Work With: ? by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 23, 2010
You are very correct there, and i totally agree with you and yawa in your posts. What i notice in my own part of the world is that some people believe that CMSes alone is the solution to everything, and do not bother to learn even a little css styling, not to talk of creating a customized template. . .all this has made some folks give cms a bad name due to wrong usage.
Re: Apart From Joomla: What Other Cms Do You Work With: ? by hostmot(f): 9:27am On Oct 23, 2010
There is nothing wrong with using a CMS when the situation really demands it, the same way there is nothing wrong with purchasing a computer instead of buuilding one from the scratch just because you can.
Re: Apart From Joomla: What Other Cms Do You Work With: ? by DualCore1: 10:15am On Oct 23, 2010
^^ However its unsafe to use an opensource system for a mission-critical solution like a banking application. You know opensource cuts across both sides. The good side: We can see the codes and learn to improve it. The bad side: slyr0x can see the codes and learn to compromise it.
Re: Apart From Joomla: What Other Cms Do You Work With: ? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2010
Exacta, building from ground up is a skill that can not just be replaced easily by cms.
Re: Apart From Joomla: What Other Cms Do You Work With: ? by jimtosam: 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2010
Hi guys,
I need somebody living in Lagos in this forum that know Joomla very well.I want to enbroad my scope in joomla

drop your number,

Thanks.
Re: Apart From Joomla: What Other Cms Do You Work With: ? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 23, 2010
Caramba. i seem to have left my number behind again!
Re: Apart From Joomla: What Other Cms Do You Work With: ? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2010
Personally i try to understand you all these so called frameworks are they not built on a language no matter how preferable u might like jquery,moo tools and dojo at the end of the day they are all javascript, nuff said any CMS that does your bidding and you can create extension easily for it then us it all these i know word press,drupal is just like comparing ,  stick with what works best for you. as for me it's word-press doesn't me other CMS are not Good.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is 'HTTPS' Restricted To Only Foreign Websites? / 20 Tangible Reasons Why You Need To Start A Blog / Which Is The Best Application Tool For Web Development?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.