Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,309 members, 7,900,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 03:18 PM

Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts (948 Views)

Traders Celebrating After Receiving Trader Moni In Ibadan (Photos) / Osinbajo Launches Trader Moni In Calabar (Photos) / Trader Moni: Two Million Nigerians To Get Collateral Free Loans In Buhari's Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts by SamiraF: 5:06am On Aug 14, 2019
EFCC traces cash to Kwara ex-governor AbdulFatah Ahmed's wife Omolewa Ahmed and Leah Charity Foundation's accounts

THE Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has traced some of the looted N2 billion for Small and Medium Enterprise Development (SMED) in Kwara State to the account of a former First Lady in the state.

The First Lady, who has so far refunded N3 million, has refused to report to the anti-graft agency for interrogation.

She told EFCC that she was indisposed but silent on the nature of her illness. She also has not presented any medical report.

The commission might stop her from traveling abroad under any guise.

Also, a royal father, who was given N78 million out of the N2 billion, might be arrested for refusing to refund the slush funds.

It was learnt that one of the market women used a share of her illicit allocation to organise the disruption of Tradermoni outing in Ilorin by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

The ex-First Lady had illegally collected cash from the N2 billion which she diverted to her foundation.

But detectives discovered that instead of using the cash for SMED, she converted it to promote herself.

The objective of the foundation is to “initiate and implement strategies to deal with Cultural, Socio-economic, Health and Wellbeing issues militating against the development of Children, Youth and Women with the slogan Life Empowered Anchors Hope LEAH

A reliable source, who spoke in confidence, said: “Our detectives are on the trace of the ex-First Lady. We accorded her much respect but she has been avoiding interrogation.

“Without honouring our invitation, she later sent the director of her foundation to refund N3 million to EFCC. But we need her to come for interaction on the looted funds traced to her. She is claiming to be sick but no evidence of any medical report.

“If she does not appear before EFCC detectives, we are going to watch-list her and prevent her from traveling abroad.”

Responding to a question, the source added: “Some of the suspects already quizzed have implicated the ex-First Lady. There is also evidence of allocation of funds from the N2 billion for SMED to her account.

“Selected and influential market men and women across the 16 local government areas of the state received N5 million each as loans, but did not payback.

“One of the market women used a share of her illicit allocation to organise the disruption ofTradermoni outing by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

“About 50 percent of the controversial loans were shared by highly placed individuals and selected businessmen and women at the expense of other beneficiaries.”

As at press time, there were indications that a First Class royal father, who collected N78 million out of the SME bazaar, might be arrested for refusing to refund the cash.

The source said: “There were no justifiable reasons for the allocation of the N78 million to the ruler. The money was also not used for farming which he got it for.

“The traditional ruler has been running around for soft landing. But the issue at stake is about public funds. We may arrest him any moment from now.”

The EFCC has so far arrested the Director-General, Kwara State Bureau of SMED, Segun Soewu, over alleged N2billion fraud.

Some of those arrested were: Ogudu Samuel of Brightway Micro-finance; A.K. Imam of Magajin Garin MFB; Adeleke M.S. of Sincere Micro-Finnace Bank(MFB); Yusuf Muideen of Balogun Fulani MFB; Issa Abdulrasheed of KCMB Mfb, and Oyebode Asimiyu of Apels MFB.

Others include Lawal Ayo of Omu-Aran MFB; Tope Eniola of Iludun MFB; Lawal Folashade of Stockcarp MFB; Yusuf Tajudeen of First Heritage MFB; and Olawoye E.O. of Offa MFB.

The EFCC began the probe of the N2 billion following intelligence reports alleging fraudulent misappropriation and mismanagement of the cash to assist market men and women across the 16 Local Government Areas of the state.

All the MFBs failed to follow due process and the SME cash was also distributed to highly-placed politicians, and prominent people in the 16 local government areas in the state.

Copyright © 2018, All Rights Reserved. Vintage Press Limited. Optimized by iNERD360

https://www.legit.ng/amp/1253988-efcc-reportedly-traces-cash-kwara-governors-wifes-account.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts by Chepos1(m): 5:29am On Aug 14, 2019
Convict them and sentence them appropriately, awon sharers of public money
Nigeria will definitely be great again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts by princeade86(m): 5:36am On Aug 14, 2019
mumu people plenty on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts by kayusely70(m): 5:40am On Aug 14, 2019
Good job, a similiar probe should be carried out in all the states.

1 Like

Re: Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts by Acedave1(m): 5:50am On Aug 14, 2019
we already know the money was to be share among the politicians, they just use the traders to block our view
Re: Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts by AntiWailer: 5:53am On Aug 14, 2019
princeade86:
if truly is omolewa that I knew when I was in kwara, I will boldly say efcc is lying. the woman can't do such. someone that make life simple to the extent that she use to drive herself around ilorin without security. it hard for many people to know her sef.

grin grin

Politicians need more of u.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts by johnmartus(m): 6:03am On Aug 14, 2019
Keep your gutter mouth shut . Because she humble under pretenses justify her involvement in fraud? How old are you.
princeade86:
if truly is omolewa that I knew when I was in kwara, I will boldly say efcc is lying. the woman can't do such. someone that make life simple to the extent that she use to drive herself around ilorin without security. it hard for many people to know her sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts by Seetto: 6:10am On Aug 14, 2019
princeade86:
See this one that feed, sleep,play and poo with omolewa,

Your name na sorry.... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts by 400billionman: 6:12am On Aug 14, 2019
princeade86:

Humility is not the opposite of fraudulent character.

Some humble people are terribly fraudulent.

They can steal Nigeria's National budget and still trek the street like nothing happened.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts by princeade86(m): 6:25am On Aug 14, 2019
400billionman:

Humility is not the opposite of fraudulent character.

Some humble people are terribly fraudulent.

They can steal Nigeria's National budget and still trekking the street like nothing happened.
u 100% right my bro.
Re: Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts by princeade86(m): 6:29am On Aug 14, 2019
johnmartus:
Keep your gutter mouth shut . Because she humble under pretenses justify her involvement in fraud? How old are you.
u are asking for my age when u talked like someone with dead brain. shame on u if truly u are an adult and still altered insult words out just to make ur sentence. if u are frustrated, why not go to lagoon or if u can't waste tfare money, buy snipper and drink. low life man.
Re: Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts by Simplyleo: 6:29am On Aug 14, 2019
[s]
princeade86:
[/s]
I will simply strike out this stupid comment because the posters above me have already done justice to it. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts by princeade86(m): 6:31am On Aug 14, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
I will simply strike out this stupid comment because the posters above me have already done justice to it. undecided
and d poster above u made a lot of sense right?
Re: Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts by Simplyleo: 6:35am On Aug 14, 2019
princeade86:
and d poster above u made a lot of sense right?
Perfect sense. Infact too much sense will not kill them. undecided
Re: Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts by MyGeneration(m): 6:44am On Aug 14, 2019
u thief 2Billion, and you are returning 3million only...

lol... i dont understand
Re: Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts by Flyingngel(m): 6:46am On Aug 14, 2019
We are so corrupt in this part of the world.
Re: Corruption - FCC Traces Trader-moni Cash To Kwara Governor Wife Omolewa Accounts by Nbote(m): 6:52am On Aug 14, 2019
First things first, if we remember clearly tradermoni wasn't given and hasn't been given to anyone to disburse but d scheme organizers demselves.. Secondly wen "a source" starts speaking for EFCC den trust me na scam dem wan scam ppl. U were giving market women and traders 5k as loan and den gave a traditional ruler 78 million Abi?

(1) (Reply)

Where Did All The Oil Money Go To ? / Vietnamese Govt Begs Nigeria To Allow It Import Rice Into The Country / Illiteracy In The North Is Having Direct Negative Impacts In Nigeria – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.