Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,124 members, 7,880,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:53 PM

Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism (4357 Views)

Supreme Court Rules Against Fayose Impeachment,not Cleared Of Criminal / Reps To AGF: We’ve Not Cleared You Over $1.092B Malabu Oil Deal / Revealed: Why Pdp Has Not Cleared Sylva, Alaibe, Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Beaf: 1:07am On Oct 21, 2010
LouisThoru:

People who are paid to do their job rely on a whole lot of sources and information which they have access to, but a whole lot of people whose job is to criticise based on information they don't have access to and the flimsy information they read n junk newspapers makes a fool of themselves in frivolous arguments,

Tell dem jare! Me, I don tire!
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Nobody: 1:13am On Oct 21, 2010
It is really difficult having a conversation with someone who have no decency or honesty to admit the truth. It is like arguing with a dinning table and nobody should engage in that. Not everything the SSS says will be taken seriously by any serious minded folks

How does any serious minded person believe that a man in custody who has been proven beyond reasonable doubt to be the man who drove the car and detonated the bomb in Abuja has mentioned Raymond Dokpesi as his sponsor and yet the SSS are very gracious to allow Dokpesi to sleep in his house and have not re-arrested him?

We are not a Nation of 2year olds you know?

Dokpesi can not be a suspect forever. So long as SSS have not charged him to court and have let him go. He is innocent, he needs no clearance from anybody.
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Osama10(m): 1:46am On Oct 21, 2010
The problem with Nigeria is very simple, being afraid to step on toes.We know the people behind the bombings but we tend to look elsewhere for condemned criminals to place the blame on.
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 21, 2010
LouisThoru:

People who are paid to do their job rely on a whole lot of sources and information which they have access to, but a whole lot of people whose job is to criticise based on information they don't have access to and the flimsy information they read n junk newspapers makes a fool of themselves in frivolous arguments,

are we talking about the same nigeria where police take pictures of people in boxer shorts next to assorted weapons and use that as evidence that people are criminals

the punch, 234next, are junk newspapers?

those of us who ARE nigerians cannot deceive ourselves about the incompetents that run our security agencies.
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 21, 2010
She said, “The attention of the service has been drawn to the misrepresentation of its recent press briefing by segments of the media. We wish to categorically state that the Chairman of Daar communications, Raymond Dokpesi, was arrested in connection to information disclosed about him by the suspects in custody.

“The fact of his subsequent release does not in anyway amount to his exoneration since investigations are still ongoing.

a few weeks ago, people we arguing semantics of invited fr chat and arrested

after the sss had to release dokpesi, it became invited for chat - here we go again

flip flop flip flop
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by princekevo(m): 7:40am On Oct 21, 2010
df2006:

how does i am not aware.

comes to this your conclusion

i am not aware, meaning i don,t know, or i won,t tell you, wink. dose it now clears dokpesi from whatever, is the reason for his invitations to the sss? capital no!
Nigeria I hail thee!!! Am sitting down here laughing at people trying to give another meaning to a simple English phrase that the meaning is obvious, all jst to suit their line of argument. How can someone say the phrase " i am not aware" could on earth possibly mean, i wont tell you. You can only say you are not aware of something when you are ignorant of that. How can SSS Assistant Director, Public Relations Affairs, Mrs. Marilyn Ogar say he is not aware that the arrest was in connection of october 1st bombing. Is that not a word of denial? We can still dig out their press release before and after the Dokpesi arrest.

LouisThoru:

Madam, am forced to ask if you had access to the information that Dokpessi was ever arrested in the first place, or released, if not through the same media that you are calling junks. I jst discovered that NL rate daily papers based on how the immediate news released suits their line of argument. We can authoritatively quote them when it suits our line of argument and term them junks when it doesn't. grin grin grin
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by chosen04(f): 8:28am On Oct 21, 2010
Beaf has lost every credibility he once had cos of his blind support at covering ''all'' for JEGA.

No offence:: Just a gospel TRUTH.
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by rhymz(m): 8:30am On Oct 21, 2010
This is possibly a clear case of misrepresentation of what sb has said. Our news media are fond of doing that especially if it is going to help them shoot up sales. Let us not 4get that it is a reported news, that is, the reporters are actually telling his audience what Mrs Orgar had said. It is possible the reporter added her own embelishment and in the process lost the import of what Mrs Orgar may have exactly said. It is obvious that she realized it that her message had been misconstrued and decided to debunk and refute the implication of these reports.
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by monkeyleg: 8:36am On Oct 21, 2010
@mikeansy,

I have since stopped arguing with certain people here, they will eventually force you to sheet a brick. I am convinced that is it this sort of blind loyalty that has kept us as a nation where we are.

These days I just sit and watch
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Abagworo(m): 9:03am On Oct 21, 2010
What I have been able to deduce from all these events is that MEND is having an internal crisis which has nothing to do with the Niger Delta struggle,North or Dokpesi.GEJ might be deeply involved with one of the factions and believes he can use his power to win this internal war.Okah is a very intelligent and powerful man and therefore cleared his tracks and can never be found wanting.

My conclusion is that a dialogue is the only solution and secondly the president should forget about 2011 for Nigeria's good.
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by naso2(m): 9:11am On Oct 21, 2010
The first statement by this unprofessional ogah woman, though did not imply that dokpesi was cleared, but was too childish. How could she have said that dokpesi was not questioned in relation to the bomb blast? This is what even a 5yr old knows.

Abagworo:

What I have been able to deduce from all these events is that MEND is having an internal crisis which has nothing to do with the Niger Delta struggle,North or Dokpesi.GEJ might be deeply involved with one of the factions and believes he can use his power to win this internal war.Okah is a very intelligent and powerful man and therefore cleared his tracks and can never be found wanting.

My conclusion is that a dialogue is the only solution and secondly the president should forget about 2011 for Nigeria's good.

Just shut up. He should forget his ambition because you think Gusau, Ibb OR Atiku will do the country any good?
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by monkeyleg: 9:17am On Oct 21, 2010
@Na so
Just shut up. He should forget his ambition because you think Gusau, Ibb OR Atiku will do the country any good?

Whilst I do not believe the other candidates are deserving, why do you think that a vote for PDP means progress.

This is what i dont get, what about other parties with extremely decent , better qualified candidates? Should the argument not be, since PDP has failed us , shouldnt we be looking at other parties. this is what happens in other progressive democracies, but in Nigeria we have to be different, we believe in sticking with the same ole Sheet, even after 12yrs of woeful failure.

Nigerians are really politically lazy, and must wake up. Freedom is not free, you earn it. and quite honestly, since we are not prepared to do the hard work, we dont deserve it. We get the leaders we deserve, as Warri man go say "No food for lazy man"
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Abagworo(m): 9:42am On Oct 21, 2010
na_so:

Same old tactics of shouting down on anybody who disagrees with your views.At least we hope to be alive to the end of it all.I have nothing with Gusau,IBB,Atiku and Jonathan.Absolutely nothing.
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Bawss1(m): 10:28am On Oct 21, 2010
Where are the GEJ aficionados now? The hole keeps getting bigger.
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by naso2(m): 10:40am On Oct 21, 2010
@monkeyleg

We have to be realistic here. The truth is for the presidential race, the chances of any other party outside PDP even in a[b] free and fair election [/b] is very very slim. Hence am looking at the best of the PDP lot, which undisputable is GEJ.

Secondly, the fact that these northerners now want to dictate who becomes president and who does not , in a do-or-die fashion, makes me more interested in seeing GEJ emerge, so that they (ciroma and his ilk) can do their worst.

@Abagworo

I said "shut up" not because i want you to support GEJ at all cost, but because your seeming claim that his emergence carries ominous signs for the country is annoying. I know you have suggested Rotimi ameachi as president before.
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Abagworo(m): 10:56am On Oct 21, 2010
na_so:

The truth is for the presidential race, the chances of any other party outside PDP even in a[b] free and fair election [/b] is very very slim. Hence am looking at the best of the PDP lot, which undisputable is GEJ.

Do you believe that PDP is God?Remember God solved Abachas stronghold on Nigeria.Don't rule out divine intervention against PDP.
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 21, 2010
princekevo:

Nigeria I hail thee!!! Am sitting down here laughing at people trying to give another meaning to a simple English phrase that the meaning is obvious, all jst to suit their line of argument. How can someone say the phrase " i am not aware" could on earth possibly mean, i wont tell you. You can only say you are not aware of something when you are ignorant of that. How can SSS Assistant Director, Public Relations Affairs, Mrs. Marilyn Ogar say he is not aware that the arrest was in connection of october 1st bombing. Is that not a word of denial?  We can still dig out their press release before and after the Dokpesi arrest.

ever heard of diplomatic answers? or diplomatic speak? words could mean a whole lot of different things you know, it is left for you to deduce your meaning, then wait, other actions or activities from the speaker will guide you to the truth.
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Ericology(m): 12:04pm On Oct 21, 2010
fyneguy:

''I am not aware, '''is a non-committal  statement used in diplomacy.

It does not in any way mean Dokpesi was cleared!

Come,, is this the fyneguy that i know<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Besteric
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by icare1: 12:27pm On Oct 21, 2010
on tuesday i heard it on radio ,ogar saying sss is not aware that dokpesi was question in connection with bomb blast . now next day a wednesday the same ogar says sss has not exonerated dokpesi. speakng with two mouths.

no intelligent agency releases a suspect with out charging him to court.if sss is sincere why didn't they charge dokpesi.

is sss concerned that they would lose the court case against dokpesi and so decided to put up a defence on teusday and to save their face and the president came out with another 'not exonerated'

there is a diference between dokpesi involved in blast because he campaigns for IBB or he is involved in the blast because it is true.

a man can not be convicted if the prosecutor is not convince of the evidence against him , it is a clear indication of malice

the best way to distabilise a man is take his peace, that is what sss is doing for jonathan.

as a nigerain with consience i don't believe dokpesi is guilty.
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 21, 2010
i care:

on tuesday i heard it on radio ,ogar saying sss is not aware that dokpesi was question in connection with bomb blast . now next day a wednesday the same ogar says sss has not exonerated dokpesi. speakng with two mouths.

no intelligent agency releases a suspect with out charging him to court.if sss is sincere why didn't they charge dokpesi.

is sss concerned that they would lose the court case against dokpesi and so decided to put up a defence on teusday and to save their face and the president came out with another 'not exonerated'

there is a diference between dokpesi involved in blast because he campaigns for IBB or he is involved in the blast because it is true.

a man can not be convicted if the prosecutor is not convince of the evidence against him , it is a clear indication of malice

the best way to distabilise a man is take his peace, that is what sss is doing for jonathan.

I saw the SSS spokes woman on TV, saying that Dokpesi was not invited because of the bombs. Which levels now?
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by bisiaet: 12:39pm On Oct 21, 2010
I am beginning to feel that many Nigerians cannot comprehend the simplest English sentence, either that or there are so many who will willingly generate and swallow falsehoods. I wonder how any educated person could have come to the conclusion that the SSS had exonorated Dokpesi? It is shocking, disgraceful and dangerous behaviour.

Verycorrect

Just simple English!!!!
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 21, 2010
i care:

no [b]intelligent agency [/b]releases a suspect with out charging him to court.if sss is sincere why didn't they charge dokpesi.

therein lies the problem SSS - state stoopid service
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Ninapha(f): 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2010
@chosen04 (f)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beaf has lost every credibility he once had cos of his blind support at covering ''all'' for JEGA.

No offence:: Just a gospel TRUTH.

And nothing but the gospel Truth, U are the one who has shown ur insensitivity to the Nigerian 's stability by ur unflenching support for evil or do I say u are actually looking for a cheap popularity by your continueous support for Okah, IBB and Dokpesi,  Most at  times your comments and submission only make threads worse than they should be.
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by ud4u: 1:37pm On Oct 21, 2010
This drama self tire me
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Excllncy(m): 2:19pm On Oct 21, 2010
Dear Nairalanders. its like some people's heads need to be cooked to be able to understand simple issues. The woman (Ogar) never said Dokpesi was arrested not to talk of release. She just said "i am not aware, " Now the sympathisers of the Idependence Bomb Blast (IBB) have seen another window to castigate. Well change is coming - the one you cannot resist. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by ExInferis(m): 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2010
how can an SSS personnel claim to "not be aware" of something so serious as a case of terrorism? a suspect is arrested and the official spokesperson is not aware of the hows and whys and whens of the circumstances? so who is going to protect us if a national intelligence agency is "not aware" of goings on in high profile cases? she is the spokesperson for gawdssakes! its her business to be AWARE! she speaks for the agency. if she doesnt know then the whole bl00dy SSS doesnt know jack. is this not incompetence?

i wonder what would happen if the FBI says it isnt aware why Mutallab was arrested.

and why is no one asking for the smoking gun evidence that links Okah, Dokpesi and IBB or even Ben Jessy et al to the crime?

forget semantics, rhetorics, methaphors, euphemisms, puns and irony. WHERE IS THE PROOF?

WHAT IS GEJ WAITING FOR IN ARRESTING THE PEOPLE HE CLAIMS TO KNOW AS THE PERPETRATORS?

WHO IS ISSUING THE LATEST MEND WARNINGS AND WHY THE HUCK ISNT THE "HIGH TECH" "EXPERT" SSS ARRESTING THEM?

SINCE GEJ KNOWS THE SUSPECTS, WHAT IS THE SSS STILL "INVESTIGATING"?
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2010
an update from 234next.

Prosecution says Ben Ebere (a.k.a Ben Jesse) had 1126 calls with Henry Okah from 7 August to 29 September. Court now in recess.
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2010
df2006:

an update from 234next.

Prosecution says Ben Ebere (a.k.a Ben Jesse) had 1126 calls with Henry Okah from 7 August to 29 September. Court now in recess.

LOL

Please what is the constitutional limit on the number of calls you can make again?
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 21, 2010
df2006:

an update from 234next.

round up everyone who called ben jessy - his mother, his gf, etc etc

btw why are you quoting a er junk newspaper?
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 21, 2010
This must be some invention in forensic science

You arrest a suspect, check their phone log and arrange their total number of calls in descending order.

Whoever makes the highest number of calls to them becomes a suspect too and qualified for arrest and detention without establishing what the calls are about.
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by OmoTier1(m): 4:05pm On Oct 21, 2010
mikeansy:

This must be some invention in forensic science

You arrest a suspect, check their phone log and arrange their total number of calls in descending order.

Whoever makes the highest number of calls to them becomes a suspect too and qualified for arrest and detention without establishing what the calls are about.

Utter nonsense! This statement zeros your level of understnding per criminal investigation!
Re: Sss: Dokpesi Not Cleared Of Terrorism by asamuel: 4:07pm On Oct 21, 2010
Shop for all your books, DVDs, Electronics, games, computers, cameras, toys, etc at www.kalahari.com.ng.

Don't miss out!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tunde Fowler In Trouble With Fashola Over His Extravagant Lifestyle / Which State Is Most Peaceful In Nigeria Today / President Goodluck Jonathan Inside The Toilet At OAU 50 Anniversary (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.