Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,791 members, 7,875,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:41 AM

A Woman's Place - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Woman's Place (814 Views)

A Woman's Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Woman's Place by Nobody: 3:27am On Oct 21, 2010
Nairalanders I have a question for you. Ok, so my boyfriend and some of our friends have a debate going on about a "woman's place". So the issue is if I as a woman were to say that I believe that a woman is intended to do house work and to prepare herself in life to be a good mother and wife would you say that I am bowing down to the ideas of male chauvanism? I just believe a loving woman would be more than happy to oblige to her man's needs and not fight everything he says just for the sake or showing independence.

The men as well as myself were defending that idea and I noticed how upset my gal friends were at the notion that I as a woman feel this way. It's not like I am saying a "woman should be barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen", what I am saying is I feel over feministic views are the reason for broken homes and alot of societal problems such as DIVORCE and have created problems with peoples love lives. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
Re: A Woman's Place by Nobody: 4:20am On Oct 21, 2010
I find nothing wrong with that at all, We all know a woman  has a role in marriage just as the husband.  If you are young/unmarry (like you for example)
and you believe you lack the attributes that you believe make a perfect wife, then why not try to learn?

If you are dating your bf, and both of you intend to marry in the future, is very important you watch your bf closely to know his likes/dislikes.
if he is someone who likes his room neat, tidy, likes his clothes spotless, iron, and everything sparkly and you happend to be a dirty/lazy woman
it wouldn't hurt to try and improve your self and be a bit of a neat freak, because you know it would help your marriage in the future. same thing if you don't know how to cook, and your man like his stomach, it would save you both future headache if you at least learn how to boil water. and the woman role doesn't only stop at the domestic work, she has to be emotionally, physically, and mentality ready for it all so a little preparation doesn't hurt.  Same goes with the guys I mean how can a man who can not even take care of his care or buy batteries for his torchlight possibly take care of a woman?

However all that doesn't guarantee a successful marriage.
Re: A Woman's Place by queeneve: 7:52am On Oct 21, 2010
Accordingly to the men,

The woman's place is at home and in the bedroom,
Re: A Woman's Place by ralphaello: 10:02am On Oct 21, 2010
C mon we are africans OK, if u dont know where u are coming from, sorry then u dont know where u are going to, if u cannot abide to my rules as the man of the house,then be ready to marry from the west angry because they all want to call it civilization nd live like people from the west,
Re: A Woman's Place by Ladyjide(f): 12:03pm On Oct 21, 2010
I personally do not see anything wrong with your thoughts, as they are true! Now where the line should be drawn is when those ideas are used as a means to disrespect and abuse women.  As a woman I have no issues with cooking, cleaning, taking care of my husband and children, but there is also a level of respect that a women should be given as well. As a girl growing up in my house, my father stressed those things such  as a women taking care of home, but he also stressed being educated and independent . The idea is just this:  I do those  things not because I have too, or is because that is what I was born to do  but I do those things because that is what I choose to do to ensure a happy home. As women I believe we should be able to be independent enough to hold our own outside of our homes, but be conscious enough to know when to turn it off when dealing with our personal lives. Now do not get me wrong ever MAN is not worthy of a such a woman,
Re: A Woman's Place by MrCork21: 7:44pm On Oct 21, 2010
True: a Nigerian woman place is in the Kitchens & bedroom angry

and Acording to Peter McDonald, the nag too muchs (McDonalds Reoprt: 1987)
Re: A Woman's Place by KemiAdeyeye: 5:07pm On Oct 22, 2010
gone are those days of kitchen and bedroom, women are now given the wisdom to see beyond that. a man with a kitchen and bedroom wife should be ashame in this computer age!!!!!!!!!!
Re: A Woman's Place by chines4(m): 5:30pm On Oct 22, 2010
Woman's place is in her man's heart. But to be there she needs to, turn the house to home, do the needful both in the kitchen and the bedroom and this days also out there. But guys if women are helping out there to support the home,then we equally need to help once in a while with the kitchen and others house chores. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Woman's Place by MrCork21: 8:43pm On Oct 22, 2010
A WOMANS PLACE IS NOT IN A HOTELS, kITCHINS OR BEDROOOM!!!!, PERIOD!!! tongue

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Judge A Woman By Her Looks! / Am Inluv Wit Ur Best Friend Girl Friend,so Confused! / I Hate D Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.