Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,713 members, 7,914,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:48 PM

Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows (29546 Views)

Akulga Widows Pray For PDP Candidates In Rivers Over Assembly Rerun / COZA Church Gifts Widows Materials (Photos) / Muhammed And The Flying Horse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by nossycheek(f): 4:09pm On May 15, 2007
The Quran states that the waiting period for widows is four months and ten days:

If any of you die and leave widows behind, they shall wait concerning themselves four months and ten days: when they have fulfilled their term, there is no blame on you if they dispose of themselves in a just and reasonable manner. And Allah is well acquainted with what ye do. There is no blame on you if ye make an offer of betrothal or hold it in your hearts. Allah knows that ye cherish them in your hearts: but do not make a secret contract with them except that you speak to them in terms honourable, nor resolve on the tie of marriage till the term prescribed is fulfilled. And know that Allah knoweth what is in your hearts, and take heed of Him; and know that Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Forbearing. S. 2:234-235

259. The waiting period owing to death of the husband is obligatory EVEN FOR A WOMAN WITH WHOM CONSUMMATION OF MARRIAGE HAS NOT TAKEN PLACE. A pregnant woman, however, is exempted from this. Her waiting period expires with childbirth, irrespective of whether the time between the husband’s death and the childbirth is less than the waiting period prescribed by Law.

Now someone may say that Safiyya was a captive and so the normal rules do not apply to her. There are a couple of problems with this assertion. First, the Quran makes a general statement and nowhere restricts the waiting period to free married woman. The Quranic command is inclusive and applies to all married women, whether free or slave.

This rule again did not apply to Mo when he murdered Safiyat husband and father and married her days after! Can the muslims help us out with this?
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by rite2salas(m): 6:16pm On Apr 17, 2008
This rule again did not apply to Mo when he murdered Safiyat husband and father and married her days after!

Prove this
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 17, 2008
There's a valid hadith that tells us that the blood of her husband was still oozing when "the prophet" slept with her.
Can you imagine a man murdered and before sundown,the murderer,a "prophet" is having carnal knowledge of his widow shocked shocked shocked
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 17, 2008
Ibn Ishaq writes: "The apostle occupied the Jewish forts one after the other, taking prisoners as he went.  Among these were Safiya, the wife of Kinana, the Khaibar chief, and two female cousins: [sisters of Kinana] the apostle chose Safiya for himself.  The other prisoners were distributed among the Mu'slims.  Bilal brought Safiya to the apostle, and they passed the bodies of several Jews on the way.  Safiya's female companions lamented and strewed dust on their heads.  When the apostle of All'âh observed this scene, he said, 'Remove these she devils from me.' But he ordered Safiya to remain, and threw his reda [cloak] over her. So the Mu'slims knew he had reserved her for his own. shocked shocked The apostle reprimanded Bilal, saying, 'Hast thou lost all feelings of mercy, to make women pass by the corpses of their husbands?'”

Safiyah was taken to Mu'hammad’s tent. The 'Great Prophet' wanted to have sex with her on that very night, only hours after torturing to death her husband. shocked shocked :oShe resisted his advances. That night Abu Ayyub al-Ansari guarded the tent of Mu'hammad. When, in the early dawn,  The Great Prophet saw Abu Ayyub strolling up and down, he asked him what he meant by this sentry-go; he replied: "I was afraid for you with this young lady. You had killed her father, her husband and many of her relatives, I was really afraid for you on her account". (Ibn Ishaq, p. 766)

The next day Mu'hammad covered Safiyah with his mantle, an act signifying that she is now his. Safiyah was groomed and made-up for Mu'hammad by Umm Sulaim, the mother of Anas ibn Malik and was taken to Mu'hammad who married her in a mock marriage ceremony and raped her that night. Great Ones call this marriage. I call that rape. I am certain not many young women would like to jump into bed with an old man who happens to be the murderer of their father and husband and many other relatives. That poor woman had no choice; therefore that marriage was nothing but a mockery of this sacred institution. At that time Mu'hammad was close to sixty years old.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/challenge/rapist.htm
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by Xvalier: 5:14am On Apr 18, 2008
All I know about Islam has been from this forum, I have many friends who are muslims but I have never discussed religion with them. I stay in the Northern part of Nigeria where serious segregation of the christian is an everyday and very real occurence. I recal even last year, I wanted to pay for an early hour slot on the only radio station here, so as to play early morning gospels and a short exaltation for those going to work. I was shocked when the Programs director told me point blank that it is forbiden to call 'Jesus' on air. He told me it is not permitted. For a second, I wondered if I was in Iran or Pakistan.

I want to use this medium to thank you all for enlightning me on Islam, if all I have read about Mohammed (SAW) concerning his sex life is true, and it does seem true, as I have followed every link and read widely on every issue posted on him, then, with all due respect to the 'great ones', this man you are copying, had a serious deeply rooted sickly, uncontrolled and perverted sexual nature, he abused his position, covered his sexual conduct under religion, promogated marrying more than one wife because of this, lusted after his adopted son's wife, married a 9 year old girl who was still playing with her toys, could not even keep to 3 wives due to his unbridled libido, and had the effrontery to use Allah's name to cover up his atrocities. Honestly speaking, apart from the vision he claimed he had, i know a lot more muslims today who have better strength of character than he had (sorry about your sensitivity, I hear this everyday)

Jesus was such a different man, He had a unique destiny to follow the Father's plan to the end, that plan required him to be unblemished, without sin, all throughout His life to the cross.

My 'great ones', Jesus keeps being The Way, The Truth and The Life, no one cometh to the Father except through Him.
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by 4Him1(m): 5:33am On Apr 18, 2008
Xvalier:

I was shocked when the Programs director told me point blank that it is forbiden to call 'Jesus' on air. He told me it is not permitted. For a second, I wondered if I was in Iran or Pakistan.

the only thing that baffles me is that these same hypocrites will be back to claim that they reverence "Jesus" and that He is one of their "prophets".
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by cgift(m): 11:59am On Apr 18, 2008
4 Him:

the only thing that baffles me is that these same hypocrites will be back to claim that they reverence "Jesus" and that He is one of their "prophets".

o ma ga o! Duplicity is their first name. Fallacy is their first name, Sophistry is their surname. Nonsense and ingredientss! grin
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by olabowale(m): 2:30pm On Apr 18, 2008
@Nossycheek and Nwando, et al: Period of Iddah for woman serves two purposes:

(1) For a divorced woman, it is to know whether there is already a pregnancy, yet unknown to anyone.

(2) For a widowed woman, it serves in addition a period of mourning and consequently, the regaining of strength. In other words the woman in question will not rush into a marriage that may otherwise be doomed or ill conceived.

But in the case of Sufiyya, she was neither a widow nor a divorced woman. From below ahadith of Muslim, we will see that she was described as a Jewess, a girl, young woman and a daughter. There is no place in the many ahadith that it was mentioned that she was married to any man killed in the battle of khybar. She had became a slave and an orphan by the war. The prophet was informed of her by a man who probably knew the character of the mu'slim man who had chosen her for himself. What the prophet had done, was by decree of All'ah kept her honor among her people, the fellow captives, prevented her from the harshness of what might have been in the hands of the person who she would have remained with, freed her from slavery, gave her a better religion and the best man from the children of Adam as her husband. These are the points that your hearts failed to see.

Nossycheek, and Nwando, both of you have done shurdy jobs at presenting any argument here. Its not worthy of a second look by anyone with sound mind. But we just can't let you have a free ride on bad informations sourced out from shaddy and unbriadled websites. You guys should know better than that. And come to think of it, in time of war, what honoring place can a woman be placed, except that she was not looked upon as a captive and slaves but a free woman and a wife of the victor. Would it not be a honoring thing for an Egyptian to have became the wife of Moses, after the defeat of Pharaoh and his army in the sea? If Jesus were to have been married, would it not have been honorable for any of the Galillien or Jerusalemite woman to have been his wife? But of course the idea never came to your minds, probably because of your cronic hatred. And was no Gowon the husband of Victoria, an Igbo woman in the heat of nigerian civil war? Shame to Gowon for spending so much money from the treasury on wedding.

You will notice that Safiyyah did not object to her new condition and non of the women objected, except some of them were jealous of her. And to you Nwando, contrary to your ill formed opinion about Aisha, she was given a choice by the prophet to either remain with him or go back to her parents house. She chose the former. And one can read in the Surah Azhab of Qur'an that All'ah the Almighty even told the wives of His Messenger that if they wanted divorce it will granted to them with goodly holdings which they can have. But they chose to remain with the Prophet seeking their rewards with All'ah Almighty alone.

« THE DOWER(SAHIH HADITH MUSLIM)PERTAINING TO THE MARRIAGE OF ZAINAB BINT JAHSH WITH THE HOLY PROPHET (MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM) AND VERSES PERTAINING TO PURDAH (VEIL)(SAHIH HADITH MUSLIM) »EXCELLENCE OF EMANCIPATING A SLAVE-GIRL AND THEN MARRYING HER (SAHIH HADITH MUSLIM)
Chapter# 14, Book 8, Number 3325:

Anas (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) set out on an expedition to Khaibar and we observed our morning prayer in early hours of the dawn. The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) then mounted and so did Abu Talha ride, and I was seating myself behind Abu Talha. Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) moved in the narrow street of Khaibar (and we rode so close to each other in the street) that my knee touched the leg of Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him). (A part of the) lower garment of Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) slipped from his leg and I could see the whiteness of the leg of Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him).

As he entered the habitation he called: Allah-o-Akbar (Allah is the Greatest). Khaibar is ruined. And when we get down in the valley of a people evil is the morning of the warned ones. He repeated it thrice. In the meanwhile the people went out for their work, and said: By Allah, Muhammad (has come). Abd al-’Aziz or some of our com- panions said: Muhammad and the army (have come). He said: We took it (the territory of Khaibar) by force, and there were gathered the prisoners of war. There came Dihya and he said: Messenger of Allah, bestow upon me a girl out of the prisones. He said: Go and get any girl. He made a choice for Safiyya daughter of Huyayy (b. Akhtab).

There came a person to Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Apostle of Allah, you have bestowed Safiyya bint Huyayy, the chief of Quraiza and al-Nadir, upon Dihya and she is worthy of you only. He said: Call him along with her. So he came along with her. When Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) saw her he said: Take any other woman from among the prisoners. He (the narrator) said: He (the Holy Prophet) then granted her emancipation and married her. Thabit said to him: Abu Hamza, how much dower did he (the Holy Prophet) give to her? He said: He granted her freedom and then married her.

On the way Umm Sulaim embellished her and then sent her to him (the Holy Prophet) at night. Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) appeared as a bridegroom in the morning. He (the Holy Prophet) said: He who has anything (to eat) should bring that. Then the cloth was spread. A person came with cheese, another came with dates, and still another came with refined butter, and they prepared hais and that was the wedding feast of Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him)

Book 8, Number 3326:

This hadith has been narrated through another chain of transmitters on the authority of Anas that Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) emancipated Safiyya, and her emancipation was treated as her wedding gift, and in the hadith transmitted by Mu’adh on the authority of his father (the words are):” He (the Holy Prophet) married Safiyya and bestowed her emancipation as her wedding gift.”

Book 8, Number 3327:

Abu Musa reported that Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) said about one who emancipated a slave woman, and then married her, that for him there are two rewards.

Book 8, Number 3328:

Anas (Allah be pleased with him) reported: I was sitting behind Abu Talha on the Day of Khaibar and my feet touched the foot of Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him), and we came (to the people of Khaibar) when the sun had risen and they had driven out their cattle, and had themselves come out with their axes, large baskets and hatchets, and they said: (Here come) Muhammad and the army. Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Khaibar is ruined. Verily when we get down in the valley of a people, evil is the morning of the warned ones (al-Qur’an, xxxvii. 177).

Allah, the Majestic and the Glorious, defeated them (the inhabitants of Khaibar), and there fell to the lot of Dihya a beautiful girl, and Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) got her in exchange of seven heads, and then entrusted her to Umm Sulaim so that she might embellish her and prepare her (for marriage) with him. He (the narrator) said: He had been under the impression that he had said that so that she might spend her period of ‘Iddah in her (Umm Sulaim’s) house. (The woman) was Safiyya daughter of Huyayy.

Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) arranged the wedding feast consisting of dates, cheese, and refined butter, and pits were dug and tiers were set in them dining cloths, and there was brought cheese and refined butter, and these were placed there. And the people ate to their fill, and they said: We do not know whether he (the Holy Prophet) had married her (as a free woman), or as a slave woman. They said: If he (the Holy Prophet) would make her wear the veil, then she would be a (free married) woman, and if he would not make her wear the veil, then she should be a slave woman. When he intended to ride, he made her wear the veil and she sat on the hind part of the camel; so they came to know that he had married her.

As they approached Medina, Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) drove (his ride) quickly and so we did. ‘Adba’ (the name of Allah’s Apostle’s camel) stumbled and Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) fell down and she (Radrat Safiyya: also fell down. He (the Holy Prophet) stood up and covered her. woman looked towards her and said: May Allah keep away the Jewess! He (the narrator) said: I said: Aba Hamza, did Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) really fall down? He said: Yes, by Allah, he in fact fell down.

Anas said: I also saw the wedding feast of Zainab, and he (the Holy Prophet) served bread and meat to the people, and made them eat to their heart’s content, and he (the Holy Prophet) sent me to call people, and as he was free (from the ceremony) he stood up and I followed him. Two persons were left and they were busy in talking and did not get out (of the apartment). He (the Holy Prophet) then proceeded towards (the apartments of) his wives. He greeted with as-Salamu ‘alaikum to every one of them and said: Members of the household, how are you? They said: Messenger of Allah, we are in good state ‘How do you find your family?

He would say: In good state. When he was free from (this work of exchanging greetings) he came back, and I also came back along with him. And as he reached the door, (he found) that the two men were still busy in talking. And when they saw him having returned, they stood up and went out; and by Allah! I do not know whether I had informed him, or there was a revelation to him (to the affect) that they had gone. He (the Holy Prophet) then came back and I also returned along with him, and as he put his step on the threshold of his door he hung a curtain between me and him, and (it was on this occasion) that Allah revealed this verse: (” O you who believe), do not enter the houses of the Prophet unless permission is given to ‘you” (xxxiii. 53).

Book 8, Number 3329:

Anas, (Allah be pleased with him) reported: Safiyya (Allah be pleased with her) fell to the lot of Dihya in the spoils of war, and they praised her in the presence of Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: We have not seen the like of her among the captives of war. He sent (a messenger) to Dihya and he gave him whatever he demanded. He then sent her to my mother and asked her to embellish her. Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) then got out of Khaibar until when he was on the other side of it, he halted, and a tent was pitched for him.

When it was morning Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who has surplus of provision with him should bring that to us. Some persons would bring the surplus of dates, and the other surplus of mush of barley until there became a heap of bals. They began to eat the hais and began to drink out of the pond which had the water of rainfall in it and which was situated by their side. Anas said that that constituted the wedding feast of Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him). He (further) said: We proceeded until we saw the walls of Medina, and we were delighted. We made our mounts run quickly and Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) also made his mount run quickly.

And Safiyya (Allah be pleased with her) was at his back, and Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) had seated her behind him. The camel of Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) stumbled and he (the Holy Prophet) fell down and she also fell down. And none among the people was seeing him and her, until Allah’s Messeuger (may peace be upon him) stood up and he covered her, and we came to him and he said: We have received no injury. We entered Medina and there came out the young ladies of the household. They saw her (hadrat Safiyya) and blamed her for falling down.

Tags: apostle, dawn, girl, injury, Marrying, prayer, Slave

This entry was posted on Monday, March 31st, 2008 at 5:36 am and is filed under Dower, marriage. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by olabowale(m): 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2008
@Davidylan:
Quote from: Xvalier on Today at 05:14:03 AM
I was shocked when the Programs director told me point blank that it is forbiden to call 'Jesus' on air. He told me it is not permitted. For a second, I wondered if I was in Iran or Pakistan.

Guys, Jesus is not the proper name of the son of Mary. His mother would never have called him that name. He would never have answered to that name, either. And none of the people who were his associates will call him this name. No one spoke the language which the word "Jesus" came from. This in my view is the only major reason that the name is being shurned. It seems to those who do not believe that that is his true name as a blasphamy to his nobility. Further it connotes an intention of ill will, which to the others, specifically the Mu'slims that the Christians are disgenous in what they call Jesus.

A similar thing to this is if a Muslim were to want rent a time slot on radio vatican city to mention the Mu'hammad every Friday! We have to consider that children can not even be named Friday in Italy. And in England and other places, we can see how difficult it is to even build a masjid. I know how difficult it is to build one in America. I live here and a musl'im. I know Islamic story in USA as much as the best of you. Tell it to those living abroad, I know here and I know Islam! Pre 911 and there is only a tighter restrictions after post 911.
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 18, 2008
olabowale:

@Davidylan: Guys, Jesus is not the proper name of the son of Mary. His mother would never have called him that name. He would never have answered to that name, either. And none of the people who were his associates will call him this name. No one spoke the language which the word "Jesus" came from. This in my view is the only major reason that the name is being shurned. It seems to those who do not believe that that is his true name as a blasphamy to his nobility. Further it connotes an intention of ill will, which to the others, specifically the Mu'slims that the Christians are disgenous in what they call Jesus.

A similar thing to this is if a Great One were to want rent a time slot on radio vatican city to mention the Mu'hammad every Friday! We have to consider that children can not even be named Friday in Italy. And in England and other places, we can see how difficult it is to even build a masjid. I know how difficult it is to build one in America. I live here and a musl'im. I know Great Religious story in USA as much as the best of you. Tell it to those living abroad, I know here and I know The Great Religion! Pre 911 and there is only a tighter restrictions after post 911.

what a liar!
There are many junior liars clamouring to be like you and sending you their emails.
The vatican has a mosque,there are mosques all over the UK and America
There are infact mosques all over the world and yet you folks are afraid of the name Jesus and erection of churches.
You're afraid he has opened the eyes of many held by the captivity of I'slam such that 6 million in Africa alone annually flush their Ko'ran down the loo and [b]ran[/ b] rungrin

It's a shame when a grown man tells blatant lies online.
You ought to be ashamed of this shameful behaviour
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 19, 2008
iN CASE YOU MISSED IT oLABOWOLE,HERE IT IS AGAIN.

Safiyah was taken to The Great Prophet’s tent. The Great Prophet wanted to have sex with her on that very night, only hours after torturing to death her husband. She resisted his advances. That night Abu Ayyub al-Ansari guarded the tent of The Great Prophet. When, in the early dawn,  The Great Prophet saw Abu Ayyub strolling up and down, he asked him what he meant by this sentry-go; he replied: "I was afraid for you with this young lady. You had killed her father, her husband and many of her relatives, I was really afraid for you on her account". [b](Ibn Ishaq, p. 766)[/[/b]quote]

You can check the reference
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 19, 2008
Xvalier:

All I know about The Great Religion has been from this forum, I have many friends who are great ones but I have never discussed religion with them. I stay in the Northern part of Nigeria where serious segregation of the christian is an everyday and very real occurence. I recal even last year, I wanted to pay for an early hour slot on the only radio station here, so as to play early morning gospels and a short exaltation for those going to work. I was shocked when the Programs director told me point blank that it is forbiden to call 'Jesus' on air. He told me it is not permitted. For a second, I wondered if I was in Iran or Pakistan.

I want to use this medium to thank you all for enlightning me on The Great Religion, if all I have read about The Great Prophet (SAW) concerning his sex life is true, and it does seem true, as I have followed every link and read widely on every issue posted on him, then, with all due respect to the 'great ones', this man you are copying, had a serious deeply rooted sickly, uncontrolled and perverted sexual nature, he abused his position, covered his sexual conduct under religion, promogated marrying more than one wife because of this, lusted after his adopted son's wife, married a 9 year old girl who was still playing with her toys, could not even keep to 3 wives due to his unbridled libido, and had the effrontery to use God's name to cover up his atrocities. Honestly speaking, apart from the vision he claimed he had, i know a lot more great ones today who have better strength of character than he had (sorry about your sensitivity, I hear this everyday)

Jesus was such a different man, He had a unique destiny to follow the Father's plan to the end, that plan required him to be unblemished, without sin, all throughout His life to the cross.

My 'great ones', Jesus keeps being The Way, The Truth and The Life, no one cometh to the Father except through Him.

My dear brother take heart.
But please do share this information with others.
People ought to know the true nature of this prophet.
Thank God for the internet!
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by olabowale(m): 12:18am On Apr 19, 2008
@Nwando: Ndo. Nno, Missisim! Obigaili, send me the Name of the Masjid in Vatican city? And are you not aware of the Pig races every Friday evening across from a Mosque, in this site of Texan? Below the Mason dixie line? LOL. I live in Manhattan, and i know many neighborhoods that the city will not allow but a Friday prayer in a Musalla, even if you own the building! Reason is that they do not want a resident Imam, etc.

Are you also familiar with the resistance that the mus'lims in a city in London are facing in building a Mosque that is supposed to be the largest in Europe? Thank God that there are Mosques, but it is hardly enough.

And to the 6 millions of Africans leaving Isl'am, I wish them a fast track journey to Jahannam, if they die outside the fold of is'lam. Maybe these people saw just some flashes of mostly white flesh. This is the usual trickery of Christianity. I know bette and am grateful to All'ah who steadied my heart, in days of youth; I remember the many SU girls who were out with the same magic!

And to you to. Looking forward to your Kimar and Hijab, like my Zainab. God performs wonders.

Even though I had posted on the Safiyyah, the Jewess, you can check it out, in the appropriate thread, but could you tell me the name of her husband? Please search hard. I already know the name of her father.
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by rite2salas(m): 12:22am On Apr 19, 2008
olabowale:

@Nwando: Ndo. Nno, Missisim! Obigaili, send me the Name of the Masjid in Vatican city? And are you not aware of the Pig races every Friday evening across from a Mosque, in this site of Texan? Below the Mason dixie line? LOL. I live in Manhattan, and i know many neighborhoods that the city will not allow but a Friday prayer in a Musalla, even if you own the building! Reason is that they do not want a resident Imam, etc.

Are you also familiar with the resistance that the mus'lims in a city in London are facing in building a Mosque that is supposed to be the largest in Europe? Thank God that there are Mosques, but it is hardly enough.

And to the 6 millions of Africans leaving Isl'am, I wish them a fast track journey to Jahannam, if they die outside the fold of is'lam. Maybe these people saw just some flashes of mostly white flesh. This is the usual trickery of Christianity. I know bette and am grateful to All'ah who steadied my heart, in days of youth; I remember the many SU girls who were out with the same magic!

And to you to. Looking forward to your Kimar and Hijab, like my Zainab. God performs wonders.

Even though I had posted on the Safiyyah, the Jewess, you can check it out, in the appropriate thread, but could you tell me the name of her husband? Please search hard. I already know the name of her father.
May Allah continue to strengten you and give you knowlegde, I like your response to these Jinns (Nwando and Co) undecided
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 19, 2008
Safiya bint Huyai/Huyayy was a captive Mohammed married after slaughtering her father, brother, husband and the men at Khaibar, according to Bukhari vol.2 book 14 ch.5 no.68 p.35; vol.4 book 52 ch.74 no.143 p.92; vol.4 book 52 ch.168 no.280 p.175 and al-Tabari vol.39 p.185.

Safiyah’s husband was named Sallam bin Mishkam bin al-Hakam bin Harithah bin al-Khazraj bin Ka’b bin Khazraj. al-Tabari vol.9 p.134-135.

Safiyyah was called Safi, for the first share of the booty, which went to Mohammed. Abu Dawud vol.2 no.2988 p.848; Abu Dawud vol.2 no.2985-2989 and footnote 2406 p.846-849

Safiyya was purchased by Mohammed for seven slaves. Ibn-i-Majah vol.3 no.2272 p.357. She was 17 when Mohammed married her. al-Tabari vol.39 p.184

Mohammed felt kindness toward Safiyya. "If Safiyyah were not grieved, I would have left him [her husband whom Mohammed executed] until the birds and beasts of prey would have eaten him, and he would have been resurrected from their bellies." Abu Dawud vol.2 no.3130-3131 p.893

Physically, Safiyyah was short. Abu Dawud vol.3 no.4857 p.1359

There was discord between wives. Zainab did not want to loan a camel to Safiyya when Mohammed asked her to. Zainab called Safiyya a "Jewess" Abu Dawud vol.3 no.4588 p.1293

Mohammed had nine wives at one time, including Safiyya bint Huyayy, and later he did not give her a "turn". Sahih Muslim vol.2 no.3455-3456 p.749

This wife of Mohammed is also mentioned in Sahih Muslim vol.2 no.3325; vol.2 no.2783 p.605; vol.2 no.3118 p.678; vol.2 no.3497 p.761; Bukhari vol.3 book 33 ch.8-13 no.251-255 p.139-143; vol.2 book 21 ch.22 no.255 p.143; Ibn-i-Majah vol.3 no.1779 p.72; Abu Dawud vol.2 no.2464 p.681; al-Tabari vol.39 p.169

Safiya bint Abi 'Ubaid Mohammed’s wife in Bukhari vol.4 book 52 ch.136 no.244 p.151 is probably the same person.
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by 4Him1(m): 12:28am On Apr 19, 2008
olabowale:

Are you, thou man of shame, familiar with the severe persecution christians in the entire nation of Saudi Arabia are facing in just being able to meet in a corner of their rooms to pray?
Are you aware of the persecution they face in just being allowed to bring a bible as tiny as their palms into Saudi Arabia?
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 19, 2008
olabowale:

see my previous quote.
She was married and no sane woman would want to lay with a brute that mnot only just murdered her husband but her father and brother.

[b]Sorry I meant to say mosque in Rome.[/b]Now tell me the chuches in Mecca and how many new ones have been built in shari'ah areas where your wicked laws made women second rated citizens and non mus'lims third rated.
Christians have been most accomodating to you folks.You ought to learn a lesson in tolerance from such actions.
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 19, 2008
4 Him:

Are you, thou man of shame, familiar with the severe persecution christians in the entire nation of Saudi Arabia are facing in just being able to meet in a corner of their rooms to pray?
Are you aware of the persecution they face in just being allowed to bring a bible as tiny as their palms into Saudi Arabia?

a flight attendant was not allowed to fly with a small Gideons aboard a Saudi borne plane.
A previous poster says airwaves in Northern Nigeria are barred from saying the name Jesus and these folks have the mouth to talk of injustice shocked shocked
The whole plan of this evil "religion" is to bring everyomne under subjection and force others to obey or pay a tax to live as 3rd class muted citizens.
They will not succeed.

If they're having pig races in America,pigs are animals they ought to deal with it.
If mo' was scared of pigs whose fault is it?
as long as the pigs are not let loose into the mosques,deal with it.
Any land owner can do whatsoever he pleases with his property.
If they don't like it,let them move to Pakistan.
They can't control people's behaviour,that is witchcraft!
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 19, 2008
Xvalier:

All I know about The Great Religion has been from this forum, I have many friends who are great ones but I have never discussed religion with them. I stay in the Northern part of Nigeria where serious segregation of the christian is an everyday and very real occurence. I recal even last year, I wanted to pay for an early hour slot on the only radio station here, so as to play early morning gospels and a short exaltation for those going to work. I was shocked when the Programs director told me point blank that it is forbiden to call 'Jesus' on air. He told me it is not permitted. For a second, I wondered if I was in Iran or Pakistan.

I[b] want to use this medium to thank you all for enlightning me on The Great Religion, if all I have read about The Great Prophet (SAW) concerning his sex life is true, and it does seem true, as I have followed every link and read widely on every issue posted on him, then, with all due respect to the 'great ones', this man you are copying, had a serious deeply rooted sickly, uncontrolled and perverted sexual nature, he abused his position, covered his sexual conduct under religion, promogated marrying more than one wife because of this, lusted after his adopted son's wife, married a 9 year old girl who was still playing with her toys, could not even keep to 3 wives due to his unbridled libido, and had the effrontery to use God's name to cover up his atrocities. Honestly speaking, apart from the vision he claimed he had, i know a lot more great ones today who have better strength of character than he had (sorry about your sensitivity, I hear this everyday)[/b]

That's exactly my point.
Judging from his actions,he was not a decent man and certainly is no good example to anyone.

see this link too for the rest of his Iyawo.
Even the ancient Alake of Egbaland did not have that many women.

http://www.muslimhope.com/WhyDidMohammedGetSoManyWives.htm
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by olabowale(m): 1:33am On Apr 19, 2008
@Nwando and Nossycheek: This ids for you. Enjoy. While you play with Ali Sina, he will benefit you known. I wonder why he has not changed his name from Ali to some other. Maybe your guys should ask him for me. I will like to know.

Search and find articles and topics quickly and accurately! See different advanced ways to search for articles on this site.

Further Topic Research: Select a Search: --------------------------- Site Titles Noble Quran Hadiths
Syntax help

"Safiyyah, the Wife of Muhammad"

By
Bassam Zawadi

Introduction

Many anti Islamics attack the marriage of Prophet Muhammad to Safiyyah. They claim that the Prophet was brutal and unfair in marrying Safiyyah. This article is not for giving a biography of Safiyyah. This article's only purpose is to show that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the Prophet's marriage to Safiyyah. This article is only providing sources that may be beneficial for the Muslims. If any Muslim happens to come across any anti Islamic site which criticizes the Prophet's marriage to Safiyyah, then you should find the material in this article to be very useful. I have collected information from different sources and they have been all referenced appropriately.

The article will be divided into sections:-

Safiyyah's Attitude Towards The Prophet
Safiyyah's Character
The Prophet's Marriage to Safiyyah and It's Wisdom
The Prophet's Attitude Towards Safiyyah

Safiyyah's Attitude Towards The Prophet

The Prophet acknowledged the honesty of Safiyyah and what a great acknowledgement it was as it came from the most honest person on earth. Zayd ibn Aslam said, "When the Prophet was so sick and on the verge of death his wives gathered around him. Safiyyah bint Huyayyay said, 'O Messenger of Allah, by Allah, I would like to be in your place.' Hearing her utterance, the Prophet's wives winked at her. The Prophet saw them and said, 'Rinse your mouths.' They said, 'For what, Messenger of Allah?' He said, 'For your winking at her, by Allah, she is telling the truth.'" (Ibn Sa'd, Tabaqat, vol. 8, p.101, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.175)

Just see how much Safiyyah loved the Prophet.

Here is Umm al- Mu'minin, Safiyyah, relates those moments when she hated the Prophet for killing her father and her ex-husband. The Prophet apologized to her saying, "Your father charged the Arabs against me and committed heinous act," he apologized to the extent that made Safiyyah get rid of her bitterness against the Prophet. (Al-Bayhaqi, Dala'il an-Nubuwwah, vol. 4, p. 230, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.166)

Yes, indeed Safiyyah was angry at the Prophet at first but she forgave him later on. This is mainly due to the fact that she always knew that Muhammad was indeed a Prophet.

Saffiyah says, "I was my father's and my uncle's favorite child. When the Messenger of Allah came to Madinah and stayed at Quba, my parents went to him at night and when they looked disconcerted and worn out. I received them cheerfully but to my surprise no one of them turned to me. They were so grieved that they did not feel my presence. I heard my uncle, Abu Yasir, saying to my father, 'Is it really him?' He said, 'Yes, by Allah'. My uncle said: 'Can you recognize him and confirm this?' He said, 'Yes'. My uncle said, 'How do you feel towards him?' He said, 'By Allah I shall be his enemy as long as I live.'" (Ibn Hisham, As-Sirah an-Nabawiyyah, vol. 2, pp. 257-258, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.162)

The story above illustrates Safiyyah's awareness and intelligence. It also shows that the Jews had known of the Prophet's prophethood, and knew him as well as they knew their children. Nevertheless they harbored feelings of hatred and bitterness for Islam and for the Prophet. The story in addition to this shows the great enmity and hatred that Huyayy felt against the Messenger of Allah. Safiyyah did not inherit anything from her father because Allah made her heart ready for Islam and prepared her soul for faith. (Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.162-163)

More regarding the importance of this story,

Taken from http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa1/people/safiyah.html

The significance of this conversation is evident when we recall that in the Torah for the Jews, it was written that a Prophet would come who would lead those who followed him to victory. Indeed before the Prophet Muhammad came to Madinah, the Jews used to threaten the idol worshippers of Yathrib, as it was then called, that when the next Prophet came to the believers were going to exterminate them, just as the Jews had exterminated other tribes who refused to worship God in the past. As in any case, of the Prophet Jesus, who had been clearly described in the Torah - but rejected by many of the Jews when he actually came - the next and last Prophet was accurately described in the Torah, which also contained signs by which the Jews could easily recognize him. Thus Ka'b al-Ahbar, one of the Jews of that time who embraced Islam, relates that this Prophet is described in the Torah,

To know a little bit more about Kab Al Ahbar read this link

http://www.jews-for-allah.org/Jewish-Converts-to-Islam/kab-al-ahbar.htm

Back to the article,

It was was thanks to these descriptions in the Torah, that the most learned rabbi of the Jews, Abdullah ibn Salam, had embraced Islam on seeing Muhammad and it was because of these descriptions that Huyayy ibn Akhtab was also able to recognize him. Huyayy, like most of the other Jews, was deeply disappointed that the last Prophet was a descendant of Ismail and not Ishaq, since the Jews of that time claimed exclusive descent from Ishaq, through the twelve sons of his son Yaqub, from whom the twelve tribes of Israel had originated. Not only did Huyayy resent the fact that the last Prophet had appeared amongst the Arabs, but also he did nto want to lose his position of power and leadership over his people.

It was for these reasons that Huyayy secretly decided to oppose and fight the Prophet Muhammad while,

Although Safiyya was Huyayy's daughter, she had a pure heart and had always wanted to worship her creator and Lord, the One who had sent Musa, to whom she was related, and Isa, and finally Muhammad, may Allah be pleased with all of them. Thus as soon as the opportunity arose, not only to follow the last Prophet, but also to be married with him, she took it.

Safiyyah moved to the house of the Prophet. He loved, appreciated and honored her to the extent that he made her say, "I have never seen a good-natured person as the Messenger of Allah. (Abu Ya'la al-Mawsili, Musnad, vol. 13, p. 38, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.172)

Safiyyah's Character

Abd Allah ibn Ubaydah said, "A group of people gathered in the room of Safiyyah, a wife of the Prophet. They remembered Allah, recited the Qur'an and prostrated. Saffiyah called them saying, 'You prostrated and recited the Quran but where is your weeping (out of fearing Allah)?" (Abu Nu'aym al Asbahani, Hilyat al-Awliya', vol. 2, p. 55, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.177)

This shows how much of a sincere worshipper to God Safiyyah was.

Taken from http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa1/people/safiyah.html

She still underwent difficulties after the death of the Prophet. Once a slavegirl she owned went to the Amir Al Muminin Umar and asked, "Amir al Muminin! Saiffya loves the Sabbath and maintains ties with the Jews!" Umar asked Safiyya about that and she said, "I have not loved the Sabbath since Allah replaced it with Friday for me, and I only maintain ties with those Jews to whom I am related by kinship." She asked her slavegirl what had possessed her to carries lie to Umar and the girl replied, "Shaitan!" Safiyya said, "Go, you are free."

This shows and proves that Safiyyah remained a loyal Muslim even after the Prophet's death.

Safiyyah established a warm and sympathetic relation with the Prophet's household. She presented Fatimah az-Zahra' a gift of jewels expressing her affection to her, and she also gave some of the Prophet's wives gifts from her jewels that she brought with her from Khaybar. (Ibn Sa'd, Tabaqat, vol.8, p.100, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.172)

Safiyyah was a humble worshiper and a pious believer. About her ibn Kathir said, "She was one of the best women in her worship, piousness, ascetism, devoutness, and charity. (Ibn Kathir, Al-Bidayah wa an-Nihayah, vol. 8, p. 47, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.177)

Safiyyah was a very charitable and generous woman. She used to give out and spend whatever she had for the sake of Allah to the extent that she gave out a house that she had when she was still alive. (Ibn Sa'd, Tabaqat, vol. 8, p. 102, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.178)

The Prophet's Marriage to Safiyyah and It's Wisdom

As for the accusation that Safiyyah was coerced into marriage or taken advantage of, as alleged by a known Islamophobic, this claim has no basis at all. It is known that Safiyyah(R) remained loyal to the Prophet until he passed away. (An account of how Safiyyah's loyalty was affirmed by the Prophet(P) himself is recorded in Muhammad Husayn Haykal, op. cit., p. 374, of which an online document can be found, Cited in http://www.bismikaallahuma.org/index.php/articles/umm-ul-mukminin-safiyyah-the-jewish-wife-of-muhammadp)

We have in fact the Prophet(P) making the following offer to her, as recorded by Martin Lings:

He [the Prophet Muhammad - Ed.] then told Safiyyah that he was prepared to set her free, and he offered her the choice between remaining a Jewess and returning to her people or entering Islam and becoming his wife. "I choose God and His Messenger," she said; and they were married at the first halt on the homeward march. (Martin Lings, Muhammad: His Life Based On The Earliest Sources (George Allen & Unwin, 1983), p. 269, Cited in http://www.bismikaallahuma.org/index.php/articles/umm-ul-mukminin-safiyyah-the-jewish-wife-of-muhammadp)

The marriage to Safiyyah(R) has a political significance as well, as it helps to reduce hostilities and cement alliances. John L. Esposito notes that

As was customary for Arab chiefs, many were political marriages to cement alliances. Others were marriages to the widows of his companions who had fallen in combat and were in need of protection. (John L. Esposito, Islam: The Straight Path, pp. 19-20, Cited in http://www.bismikaallahuma.org/index.php/articles/umm-ul-mukminin-safiyyah-the-jewish-wife-of-muhammadp)

This significant act of marrying Safiyyah(R) was indeed a great honour for her, for this not only preserved her dignity, it also prevented her from becoming a slave. Haykal notes that:

The Prophet granted her freedom and then married her, following the examples of great conquerors who married the daughters and wives of the kings whom they had conquered, partly in order to alleviate their tragedy and partly to preserve their dignity. (Muhammad Husayn Haykal, The Life of Muhammad (North American Trust Publications, 1976), p. 373, Cited in http://www.bismikaallahuma.org/index.php/articles/umm-ul-mukminin-safiyyah-the-jewish-wife-of-muhammadp)

With marrying Safiyyah, the Prophet aimed at ending the enmity and hostility adopted by the Jews against him and against Islam, all the way long, but alas they went on with their hatred for Islam and for the Prophet simply because it was their natural disposition to be malicious and stubborn. ( See Muhammad M. as-Sawwaf, Zawjat ar-Rasul at-Tahirat wa Hikmat T'adudihinn, pp. 76-79, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.168)

The Prophet's Attitude Towards Safiyyah

Indeed, when Bilal ibn Rabah(R), a Companion of the Prophet, brought Safiyyah along with another Jewess before him(P) by passing through the Jews that were slain in the battle, Muhammad(P) personally chided Bilal and said "Have you no compassion, Bilal, when you brought two women past their dead husbands?" (A. Guillaume (trans.), The Life of Muhammad: A translation of Ibn Ishaq's Sirat Rasul Allah (Oxford University Press, 1978), p. 515, Cited in http://www.bismikaallahuma.org/index.php/articles/umm-ul-mukminin-safiyyah-the-jewish-wife-of-muhammadp)

There was once a situation when Zaynab bint Jahsh and Safiyyah went with the Prophet on one of his travels and the camel of Safiyyah fell sick. The Prophet said to Zaynab, "The camel of Safiyyah has fallen sick, what about giving her one of your camels?" She said, "Never should I give it to such a Jewish woman". The Prophet became angry with her and he did not approach her for two months. (Ahmad, vol. 6, pp. 336-337, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.173)

The Prophet used to treat Safiyyah with courteousness, gentleness and affection. Safiyyah said, "The Messenger of Allah went to Hajj with his wives. On the way my camel knelt down for it was the weakest among all the other camels and so I wept. The Prophet came to me and wiped away my tears with his dress and hands. The more he asked me not to weep the more I went on weeping. (Ahmad, vol.6, p. 337, Cited in Muhammad Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet Muhammad: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.176)

Back to My Rebuttals, and exposing the lies of the Answering Islam team section.

Rebuttals to FaithFreedom.Org's Articles section.

Rebuttals by Bassam Zawadi.
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by Nobody: 1:44am On Apr 19, 2008
olabowale:

Just see how much Safiyyah loved the Prophet.

Here is Umm al- Mu'minin, Safiyyah, relates those moments when she hated the Prophet for killing her father and her ex-husband. The Prophet apologized to her saying, "Your father charged the Arabs against me and committed heinous act," he apologized to the extent that made Safiyyah get rid of her bitterness against the Prophet. (Al-Bayhaqi, Dala'il an-Nubuwwah, vol. 4, p. 230, Cited in The Great Prophet Fathi Mus'ad, The Wives of the Prophet The Great Prophet: Their Strives and Their Lives, p.166)

Yes, indeed Safiyyah was angry at the Prophet at first but she forgave him later on. This is mainly due to the fact that she always knew that The Great Prophet was indeed a Prophet.

Your own posts confirm you to be a liar.

This was your earlier post

olabowale:

@Nossycheek and Nwando, et al: .

But in the case of Sufiyya, she was neither a widow nor a divorced woman. From below ahadith of Great One, we will see that she was described as a Jewess, a girl, young woman and a daughter. There is no place in the many ahadith that it was mentioned that she was married to any man killed in the battle of khybar. She had became a slave and an orphan by the war. The prophet was informed of her by a man who probably knew the character of the mu'slim man who had chosen her for himself. What the prophet had done, was by decree of All'ah kept her honor among her people, the fellow captives, prevented her from the harshness of what might have been in the hands of the person who she would have remained with, freed her from slavery, gave her a better religion and the best man from the children of Adam as her husband. These are the points that your hearts failed to see.

see why it's good to be truthful
when you tell so many lies you end up spinning a web and get caught in it.
What a shame.
a big shame for a grown man to tell lies blatantly and this is not the first one you've told on these threads.
I am so dissappointed.
are lies a virtue in Is'lam,they must be since you folks seem to blurt them out without control.
You need Jesus!
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by olabowale(m): 1:56am On Apr 19, 2008
Those who are evil accused  and still accusing the prophet without any clear basis. Below are refutations of these accusation. The leader in this is Ali Sina.

“A Pedophile”

Ali Sina’s problem here isn’t with the Holy Prophet (S), but infact it is with Aisha (R). The reasons why this accusation is itself lame is because:

1)      Back then, it was perfectly normal for a girl at young age to marry. We know this because before Aisha was married to the Holy Prophet (S), she was engaged to someone else

2)      Who are we to tell Aisha now what is right for her and what is wrong for her? Aisha (R) remained all her life married to the Holy Prophet (S), and even when she was given the chance to divorce the Holy Prophet (S), she did not divorce him! A case like this shows that both of them loved each other

3)      Noone objected to Aisha’s marriage with the Holy Prophet (S), infact everyone was happy! It seems the only person who has a problem, is Ali Sina and his crowd.

4)      It was Aisha’s parents who approved of this marriage. They deemed it good to marry their daughter to the Holy Prophet (S), and indeed they did a great thing, as Aisha grew up to be a great scholar of Islam!

5)      When one looks up the definition of a “pedophile”, you will find that pedophiles have: “"Low self esteem. Many pedophiles, although by no means all, do not have a great sense of capacity for adopting a sexual demeanor towards adults or those of their own age or older. They feel unhappy and fearful at the prospect of sexual behaviour with adults and hence turn to children due to the fact that they are unable to have the strength of personality to seek adults for sexual demeanor. When considering treatment therefore it is important to establish and develop a higher sense of self-esteem in such individuals." (Source). Obviously that is not the case with the Holy Prophet (S), as his other wives were older then Aisha, two of his wives were older then him, specifically Sauda (R) and Khadijah (R).

6)      If the Holy Prophet (S) was a pedophile (Astaghfirullah), then one must ask why didn’t he consummate his marriage with Aisha right there and then when Aisha (R) was six years old? Infact, this source says: "Lack of impulse control. Many pedophiles find it extremely difficult to deal with the impulsive nature which inclines them towards sexual behaviour to children. They simply cannot control their need for engaging children in sexual practices. They might be said to suffer from an obsessive-compulsive condition. Here again treatment would involve developing better impulse control and of course redirecting the sexual inclinations." (Source, same as above). Thus, if the Holy Prophet (S) was a “pedophile”, according to the definition of a pedophile, he would have no control over his sexual desire. On the contrary, the Holy Prophet (S) waited 3 years after the marriage contract to consummate his marriage with Aisha.

7)      Can we honestly say Aisha (R) would’ve remained with the Holy Prophet (S) after she was allegedly “molested”? We must remember that Aisha (R) was very wise, and a great orator and she was quick to comment when she saw something wrong. If she was in any way, shape or form “molested” by the Holy Prophet (S), then she would’ve never remained married to him!

cool      The women who spoke to Aisha (R) when she was marrying the Holy Prophet (S) were happy for Aisha. When she married the Holy Prophet (S), they praised her, they didn’t cry for her, or pity her for marrying a person who is, allegedly, as Ali Sina claims a “pedophile” (Astaghfirullah!).

9)      Even the Non-Muslims who were quick to yell and shout when they saw something they didn’t like in Islam didn’t think anything was wrong with this marriage. After all, how can they say this marriage was wrong, when in the Arab culture it is normal for a girl at a young age to marry?

10)   Do we honestly think if Aisha (R) were alive today, she would support people like Ali Sina, who claim she was molested, and that her husband was a “pedophile”??

Lastly, we end this section with some quotes from Aisha (R):

Sahih Al-Bukhari

Volume 1, Book 6, Number 299:

Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Aswad:

(on the authority of his father) 'Aisha said: "Whenever Allah's Apostle wanted to handle anyone of us during her periods (menses), he used to order her to put on an Izar and start handling her." 'Aisha added, "None of you could control his sexual desires as the Prophet could."

Sahih Muslim

Book 006, Number 2439:

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) used to kiss (his wives) while fasting and embraced (them) while fasting; but he had the greatest mastery over his desire among you.

Thus, according to the words of our Mother Aisha (R), the Holy Prophet (S) had the greatest control over his desire amongst the people. Thus, Aisha (R) herself has refuted the Christian missionaries, and anti-Islamic haters like Ali Sina with these quotes of hers!

@Nwando: If just because I as an ordinary Mus'lim spoke about her not being married nollifies the material in your mind, and thinking, then you have really shown your inability to see things in truth. I learn everyday. And there are tons of things for me to know. I will not be blind as you. You simply have closed your eyes to any truth. You are now a blind woman, by your attitude and stubborness. I need to buy you a cane and eye dog. If I have your address I would have them shipped to you. You have my number use it. Its zero Dollar to call within America these days. Or get my number from David. I do not bite. At least not through the phone. lol.

Did you see where Safiyyah was speaking about her father and her Uncle confirmation that they know that Prophet Muha'mmad was the prophet they were expecting in Madina? Open your eye, woman. lol.
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by olabowale(m): 2:00am On Apr 19, 2008
@Nwando: I have time for you this evening. Zainab is preparing to be in Malaysia. lol. My dear Ndidi, Ada! My Igbo princess.

“An Assassin”

It is interesting to note that many of these so called “assassinations” reported in Ibn Ishaq’s or Tabari’s works all have something in common, and that is that because the person who was assassinated insulted the Holy Prophet (S), were assassinated. However, the scholars have looked at reports like this and have concluded:

All such reports, as ascribe the execution of others merely to their having harrased the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) in the past, have Ibn Ishaq as the last narrator at the top; and in the terminology of the traditionalists such reports are called Mursal and are not to be relied on."

(Source: Sirat-Un-Nabi, by Allama Shibli Nu'Mani, rendered into English by M. Tayyib Bakhsh Budayuni, Kazi Publications Lahore, Vol. II, p. 199-203, bold and underlined emphasis ours)

Ali Sina can however now run and quote from the Authentic Collections of hadith where it shows that Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf was executed. However, one must note that there were reports that say Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf planned to get the Prophet (S) assassinated, and that he went to Makkah to incite the Pagans to fight the Holy Prophet (S).

Secondly, Ka’b did all this, despite the fact that the Holy Prophet (S) had a treaty with the Jews, which clearly says, “Whoever is rebellious or whosoever seeks to spread enmity and sedition, the hand of every God-fearing Muslim shall be against him, even if he be his son” (Source: The Life of Muhammad PBUH by Abdul Hameed Siddiqui, p. 141-142). Thus, the liar and deceiver Ka’b bin Al-Ashraf had to pay the price, for planning to assassinate the Holy Prophet (S), and for putting the lives of the Muslims and the Jews who the Muslims had a treaty with in danger.
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by Nobody: 2:03am On Apr 19, 2008
olabowale:

@Nwando: I have time for you this evening. Zainab is preparing to be in Malaysia. lol. My dear Ndidi, Ada! My Igbo princess.

give her my email address
I promise you she'll take off her hijab in a few months  shocked
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by Nobody: 2:08am On Apr 19, 2008
@Nwando: If just because I as an ordinary Mus'lim spoke about her not being married nollifies the material in your mind, and thinking, then you have really shown your inability to see things in truth. I learn everyday. And there are tons of things for me to know. I will not be blind as you. You simply have closed your eyes to any truth. You are now a blind woman, by your attitude and stubborness. I need to buy you a cane and eye dog. If I have your address I would have them shipped to you. You have my number use it. Its zero Dollar to call within America these days. Or get my number from David. I do not bite. At least not through the phone. lol.

Did you see where Safiyyah was speaking about her father and her Uncle confirmation that they know that Prophet Muha'mmad was the prophet they were expecting in Madina? Open your eye, woman. lol.

At least you admit it albeit arrogantly.
Men and their ways grin

Before nko what did you expect a woman who watched the murders of her husband,brother,father and kinsmen to say to the one who kills her family,captures and sleeps with her the same night.
She had no choice did she?
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by Nobody: 2:10am On Apr 19, 2008
meanwhile what did you do to pilgrim1
I miss that smart girl.
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by olabowale(m): 2:15am On Apr 19, 2008
@Nwando: Who is lying; you or me? You lie on God and His Prophets; You neglected and relegated the prophets before Jesus to just ordinary men. Only second rated people. You elevated Jesus to godship, son of godship, etc. Finally you completely disregarded the successor of Jesus, in the personage of Muha'mmad. See your problems? You already bungled your own safety with God who is One! lol.

“A Mass Murderer”

One reason why Ali Sina calls the Holy Prophet (S) a “mass murderer” is because of the Banu Quraiza incident. Here are some hadiths which will perhaps shed some more light on this topic:

Sahih Muslim

Book 19, Number 4368:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Sa'id al-Khudri who said: The people of Quraiza surrendered accepting the decision of Sa'd b. Mu'adh about them. Accordingly, the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent for Sa'd who came to him riding a donkey. When he approached the mosque, the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said to the Ansar: Stand up to receive your chieftain. Then he said (to Sa'd): These people have surrendered accepting your decision. He (Sa'd) said: You will kill their fighters and capture their women and children. (Hearing this), the Prophet (may peace he upon him) said: You have adjudged by the command of God. The narrator is reported to have said: Perhaps he said: You have adjudged by the decision of a king.
Ibn Muthanna (in his version of the tradition) has not mentioned the alternative words.

Sahih Al-Bukhari

Volume 5, Book 58, Number 148:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

Some people (i.e. the Jews of Bani bin Quraiza) agreed to accept the verdict of Sad bin Muadh so the Prophet sent for him (i.e. Sad bin Muadh). He came riding a donkey, and when he approached the Mosque, the Prophet said, "Get up for the best amongst you." or said, "Get up for your chief." Then the Prophet said, "O Sad! These people have agreed to accept your verdict." Sad said, "I judge that their warriors should be killed and their children and women should be taken as captives." The Prophet said, "You have given a judgment similar to Allah's Judgment (or the King's judgment)."

Volume 8, Book 74, Number 278:

Narrated Abu Said:

The people of (the tribe of) Quraiza agreed upon to accept the verdict of Sa'd. The Prophet sent for him (Sa'd) and he came. The Prophet said (to those people), "Get up for your chief or the best among you!" Sa'd sat beside the Prophet and the Prophet said (to him), "These people have agreed to accept your verdict." Sa'd said, "So I give my judgment that their warriors should be killed and their women and children should be taken as captives." The Prophet said, "You have judged according to the King's (Allah's) judgment." (See Hadith No. 447, Vol. 5)

Those who reached the age of puberty were eligible to fight, hence considered warriors.

Secondly, this is double standards on the part of Ali Sina, as in all of the wars fought by the Muslims, combined, only one thousand and eighteen persons lost their lives on both sides. Out of that, only two hundred and fifty nine were Muslims. It is interesting to note that Ali Sina is quick to comment on this, and he is quick to say that the Holy Prophet (S) was a “mass murderer”, even though the amount of people killed are not even close to what Charles the Great did to the Pagan Saxons. Also, the “famous answer by which the Papal Legate, in the Algerian War, quieted the scruples of a too conscientious general, ‘Kill all, God will know His own’. And how can we forget the Two World Wars, where in WWI alone, ten million soldiers were killed, and an equal number of civilians. In WWII, twenty two million people were killed. No person can compare these numbers to the amount of people killed in the wars fought by the Holy Prophet (S), since they do not even come close to that number!

Dr. Jamal Badawi writes:

Referring to this incident, many say the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) massacred the tribe of Banu Quraizhah, but this is a distortion of the historical facts. In fact, it was not a sentence by the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). The people of Banu Quraizhah chose their own arbitrator and former ally (Sa`d), who determined their punishment according to the law of the Torah, which specifies killing for treason. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) simply agreed with his sentence, but it was not the sentence of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) in the first place. A scholarly article by W. N. Arafat questions the exaggerated estimate of the number of fighting men who were punished, which is found even in some biographies about the Prophet’s life, like that of Ibn Ishaq. His argument is compelling and well researched.

Lastly, it is to be noted that the Holy Prophet (S), gave the Jews the penalty as per what their Holy Book said:

1 When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, will be with you. 2 When you are about to go into battle, the priest shall come forward and address the army. 3 He shall say: "Hear, O Israel, today you are going into battle against your enemies. Do not be fainthearted or afraid; do not be terrified or give way to panic before them. 4 For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory."

5 The officers shall say to the army: "Has anyone built a new house and not dedicated it? Let him go home, or he may die in battle and someone else may dedicate it. 6 Has anyone planted a vineyard and not begun to enjoy it? Let him go home, or he may die in battle and someone else enjoy it. 7 Has anyone become pledged to a woman and not married her? Let him go home, or he may die in battle and someone else marry her." 8 Then the officers shall add, "Is any man afraid or fainthearted? Let him go home so that his brothers will not become disheartened too." 9 When the officers have finished speaking to the army, they shall appoint commanders over it.

10 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the LORD your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies. 15 This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy [a] them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the LORD your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the LORD your God.

19 When you lay siege to a city for a long time, fighting against it to capture it, do not destroy its trees by putting an ax to them, because you can eat their fruit. Do not cut them down. Are the trees of the field people, that you should besiege them? [b] 20 However, you may cut down trees that you know are not fruit trees and use them to build siege works until the city at war with you falls.

(Deut Chapter 20)

It is interesting to note that even the leader who caused the problems that started the siege did not have a problem with the penalty.

And lastly, note how it says above from verses 16 to 18 that the cities which God gave the Israelites inheritance, you must put to death everyone in that city, leaving noone alive. From the above, we can conclude that the punishment given to the Banu Quraiza was a lenient punishment, meaning according to the Jewish Law, everyone in Banu Quraiza was to be executed, however only the warriors were executed. Agreeing with this view, Sheikh Abdullah Yusuf Ali writes:

“The Banu Quraiza (see last note) were filled with terror an dismay when Medina was free from the Quraish danger. They shut themselves up in the their castles about three or four miles to the east (or north east) of Medina, and sustained a siege of 25 days, after which they surrendered, stipulating that they would abide by the decision of their fate at the hands of Sa’d ibn Mu’az, chief of the Aus tribe, with which they had been in alliance.

Sa’d applied to them the Jewish Law of the Old Testament, not as strictly as the case warranted. In Deut. Xx. 10-18, the treatment of the city “which is very far off from thee” is prescribed to be comparatively more lenient than the treatment of a city “of those people, which the Lord thy God gives thee for an inheritance,” i.e., which is near enough to corrupt the religion of the Jewish people. The punishment for these is total annihilation: “thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth” (Deut. xx.16). The more lenient treatment for far-off cities is described in the next note. According to the Jewish standard, then, the Quraiza deserved total extermination- of men, women, and children. They were in the territory of Medina itself, and further they had broken their engagements and helped the enemy.

Sa’d judged them the milder treatment of the “far-off” cities which is thus described in the Jewish Law: “ Thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: but the women and the little ones, and the cattle, and al that is in the city, even al the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord they God hath given thee” (Deut.xx.13-14). The men of the Quraiza were slain: the women were sold as captives of war: and their lands and properties were divided among the Muhajirs.”

(Source: The Qur’an: Text, Translation and Commentary by Abdullah Yusuf Ali, Footnotes # 3702-3704)

Now, we end by asking the following questions:

1)      If the Holy Prophet (S) was a mass murderer, then why didn’t he kill all of his enemies when he entered Makkah? In Makkah, he had enemies who did a lot worse to him, yet they were not killed

2)      If the Holy Prophet (S) was really bent on destroying Banu Quraiza, then why didn’t he also just kill the women and children?

3)      The Chiefs of Banu Quraiza had no problem with the penalty given to them, as it was according to their Jewish law!

4)      If the Holy Prophet (S) wanted revenge, then why didn’t he kill Abu Sufyan? Remember, this is the same Abu Sufyan who fought against the Muslims numerous times, yet the Holy Prophet (S) forgave him, and Abu Sufyan became a Muslim.

5)      If the Holy Prophet (S) had extreme hatred for Jews, and Banu Quraiza, then why did he previously ask for the Quraiza to renew their treaty with the Muslims? Obviously, if he wanted their land he wouldn’t have done that, nor would he have signed any treaty with the Jews, but he would’ve just waged war on them.

@Nwando; Lol. I missed her too. She is like a daughter to me. I thought if she became a Mus'lim Olayiwola, my older son would marry her. We need to "capture" many pretty women to Ijebuland! I wish her well. I guess engineering is not a walk in the park.
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by olabowale(m): 2:17am On Apr 19, 2008
“A Ruthless Torturer”

The person Ali Sina is referring to over here (the person who was tortured), is Kinana al-Rabi, who was allegedly tortured in Khaibar because the Holy Prophet (S), wanted to know where the treasury was. Refuting this baseless story, Allama Shibli Nu’Mani writes:

“While describing the battle of Khaibar, the history writers have committed a serious blunder in reporting a totally baseless report, which has become a common place. It is said that the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had granted amnesty to the Jews on condition that they would not hide anything. When Kinana Ibn Rabi' refused to give any clue to the hidden treasures, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) ordered Zubair to adopt stern measures to force a disclosure. Zubair branded his chest with a hot flint again and again, till he was on the point of death. At last he ordered Kinana to be put to death and all the Jews were made slaves.

The whole truth in the story is that Kinana was put to death. But it was not for his refusal to give a clue to the hidden treasure. He was put to death because he had killed Mahmud Ibn Maslama (also Muslima). Tabari had reported it in unambiguous words: “Then the Holy Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) gave Kinana to Muhammad Ibn Maslama (Muslima), " and he put him to death in retaliation of the murder of his own brother, Mahmud Ibn Maslama (Muslima)."

In the rest of the report, both Tabari and Ibn Hisham have quoted it from Ibn Ishaq, but Ibn Ishaq does not name any narrator. Traditionalists, in books on Rijal, have explicitly stated that Ibn Ishaq used to borrow from the Jews stories concerning the battle of the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). As Ibn Ishaq does not mention the name of any narrator whatsoever in this case, there is every likelihood of the story of having been passed on by the Jews.

That a man should be tortured with burns on his chest by the sparks of a flint is too heinous a deed for a Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) who had earned for himself the title of Rahma'lil Alamin (Mercy for all the worlds). After all, did he not let the woman who had sought to poison him go scot free? Who would expect such a soul to order human body to be so burnt for the sake of a few coins.

As a matter of fact, Kinana Ibn Rabi Ibn al-Huquaiq had been granted his life on the condition that he would never break faith or make false statements. He had also given his word, according to one of the reports, that if he did anything to the contrary, he could be put to death. Kinana played false, and the immunity granted to him was withdrawn. He killed Mahmud Ibn Maslama (Muslima) and had, therefore to suffer for it, as we have already stated on the authority of Tabari."

(Source: Sirat Un Nabi by Allama Shibli Nu’Mani rendered into English by M. Tayyib Bakhsh Budayuni, Vol. II, p. 173-174, Kazi Publications Lahore Pakistan)
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by Nobody: 2:20am On Apr 19, 2008
olabowale:

@Nwando: Who is lying; you or me? You lie on God and His Prophets; You neglected and relegated the prophets before Jesus to just ordinary men. Only second rated people. You elevated Jesus to godship, son of godship, etc. Finally you completely disregarded the successor of Jesus, in the personage of Muha'mmad. See your problems? You already bungled your own safety with God who is One! lol.

“A Mass Murderer”

One reason why Ali Sina calls the Holy Prophet (S) a “mass murderer” is because of the Banu Quraiza incident. Here are some hadiths which will perhaps shed some more light on this topic:

Sahih Great One

Book 19, Number 4368:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Sa'id al-Khudri who said: The people of Quraiza surrendered accepting the decision of Sa'd b. Mu'adh about them. Accordingly, the Messenger of God (may peace be upon him) sent for Sa'd who came to him riding a donkey. When he approached the mosque, the Messenger of God (may peace be upon him) said to the Ansar: Stand up to receive your chieftain. Then he said (to Sa'd): These people have surrendered accepting your decision. He (Sa'd) said: You will kill their fighters and capture their women and children. (Hearing this), the Prophet (may peace he upon him) said: You have adjudged by the command of God. The narrator is reported to have said: Perhaps he said: You have adjudged by the decision of a king.
Ibn Muthanna (in his version of the tradition) has not mentioned the alternative words.

Sahih Al-Bukhari

Volume 5, Book 58, Number 148:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

Some people (i.e. the Jews of Bani bin Quraiza) agreed to accept the verdict of Sad bin Muadh so the Prophet sent for him (i.e. Sad bin Muadh). He came riding a donkey, and when he approached the Mosque, the Prophet said, "Get up for the best amongst you." or said, "Get up for your chief." Then the Prophet said, "O Sad! These people have agreed to accept your verdict." Sad said, "I judge that their warriors should be killed and their children and women should be taken as captives." The Prophet said, "You have given a judgment similar to God's Judgment (or the King's judgment)."

Volume 8, Book 74, Number 278:

Narrated Abu Said:

The people of (the tribe of) Quraiza agreed upon to accept the verdict of Sa'd. The Prophet sent for him (Sa'd) and he came. The Prophet said (to those people), "Get up for your chief or the best among you!" Sa'd sat beside the Prophet and the Prophet said (to him), "These people have agreed to accept your verdict." Sa'd said, "So I give my judgment that their warriors should be killed and their women and children should be taken as captives." The Prophet said, "You have judged according to the King's (God's) judgment." (See Hadith No. 447, Vol. 5)

Those who reached the age of puberty were eligible to fight, hence considered warriors.

Secondly, this is double standards on the part of Ali Sina, as in all of the wars fought by the Great Ones, combined, only one thousand and eighteen persons lost their lives on both sides. Out of that, only two hundred and fifty nine were Great Ones. It is interesting to note that Ali Sina is quick to comment on this, and he is quick to say that the Holy Prophet (S) was a “mass murderer”, even though the amount of people killed are not even close to what Charles the Great did to the Pagan Saxons. Also, the “famous answer by which the Papal Legate, in the Algerian War, quieted the scruples of a too conscientious general, ‘Kill all, God will know His own’. And how can we forget the Two World Wars, where in WWI alone, ten million soldiers were killed, and an equal number of civilians. In WWII, twenty two million people were killed. No person can compare these numbers to the amount of people killed in the wars fought by the Holy Prophet (S), since they do not even come close to that number!

Dr. Jamal Badawi writes:

Referring to this incident, many say the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) massacred the tribe of Banu Quraizhah, but this is a distortion of the historical facts. In fact, it was not a sentence by the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). The people of Banu Quraizhah chose their own arbitrator and former ally (Sa`d), who determined their punishment according to the law of the Torah, which specifies killing for treason. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) simply agreed with his sentence, but it was not the sentence of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) in the first place. A scholarly article by W. N. Arafat questions the exaggerated estimate of the number of fighting men who were punished, which is found even in some biographies about the Prophet’s life, like that of Ibn Ishaq. His argument is compelling and well researched.

Lastly, it is to be noted that the Holy Prophet (S), gave the Jews the penalty as per what their Holy Book said:

1 When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, will be with you. 2 When you are about to go into battle, the priest shall come forward and address the army. 3 He shall say: "Hear, O Israel, today you are going into battle against your enemies. Do not be fainthearted or afraid; do not be terrified or give way to panic before them. 4 For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory."

5 The officers shall say to the army: "Has anyone built a new house and not dedicated it? Let him go home, or he may die in battle and someone else may dedicate it. 6 Has anyone planted a vineyard and not begun to enjoy it? Let him go home, or he may die in battle and someone else enjoy it. 7 Has anyone become pledged to a woman and not married her? Let him go home, or he may die in battle and someone else marry her." 8 Then the officers shall add, "Is any man afraid or fainthearted? Let him go home so that his brothers will not become disheartened too." 9 When the officers have finished speaking to the army, they shall appoint commanders over it.

10 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the LORD your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies. 15 This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy [a] them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the LORD your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the LORD your God.

19 When you lay siege to a city for a long time, fighting against it to capture it, do not destroy its trees by putting an ax to them, because you can eat their fruit. Do not cut them down. Are the trees of the field people, that you should besiege them? [b] 20 However, you may cut down trees that you know are not fruit trees and use them to build siege works until the city at war with you falls.

(Deut Chapter 20)

It is interesting to note that even the leader who caused the problems that started the siege did not have a problem with the penalty.

And lastly, note how it says above from verses 16 to 18 that the cities which God gave the Israelites inheritance, you must put to death everyone in that city, leaving noone alive. From the above, we can conclude that the punishment given to the Banu Quraiza was a lenient punishment, meaning according to the Jewish Law, everyone in Banu Quraiza was to be executed, however only the warriors were executed. Agreeing with this view, Sheikh Abdullah Yusuf Ali writes:

“The Banu Quraiza (see last note) were filled with terror an dismay when Medina was free from the Quraish danger. They shut themselves up in the their castles about three or four miles to the east (or north east) of Medina, and sustained a siege of 25 days, after which they surrendered, stipulating that they would abide by the decision of their fate at the hands of Sa’d ibn Mu’az, chief of the Aus tribe, with which they had been in alliance.

Sa’d applied to them the Jewish Law of the Old Testament, not as strictly as the case warranted. In Deut. Xx. 10-18, the treatment of the city “which is very far off from thee” is prescribed to be comparatively more lenient than the treatment of a city “of those people, which the Lord thy God gives thee for an inheritance,” i.e., which is near enough to corrupt the religion of the Jewish people. The punishment for these is total annihilation: “thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth” (Deut. xx.16). The more lenient treatment for far-off cities is described in the next note. According to the Jewish standard, then, the Quraiza deserved total extermination- of men, women, and children. They were in the territory of Medina itself, and further they had broken their engagements and helped the enemy.

Sa’d judged them the milder treatment of the “far-off” cities which is thus described in the Jewish Law: “ Thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: but the women and the little ones, and the cattle, and al that is in the city, even al the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the Lord they God hath given thee” (Deut.xx.13-14). The men of the Quraiza were slain: the women were sold as captives of war: and their lands and properties were divided among the Muhajirs.”

(Source: The Qur’an: Text, Translation and Commentary by Abdullah Yusuf Ali, Footnotes # 3702-3704)

Now, we end by asking the following questions:

1)      If the Holy Prophet (S) was a mass murderer, then why didn’t he kill all of his enemies when he entered Makkah? In Makkah, he had enemies who did a lot worse to him, yet they were not killed

2)      If the Holy Prophet (S) was really bent on destroying Banu Quraiza, then why didn’t he also just kill the women and children?

3)      The Chiefs of Banu Quraiza had no problem with the penalty given to them, as it was according to their Jewish law!

4)      If the Holy Prophet (S) wanted revenge, then why didn’t he kill Abu Sufyan? Remember, this is the same Abu Sufyan who fought against the Great Ones numerous times, yet the Holy Prophet (S) forgave him, and Abu Sufyan became a Great One.

5)      If the Holy Prophet (S) had extreme hatred for Jews, and Banu Quraiza, then why did he previously ask for the Quraiza to renew their treaty with the Great Ones? Obviously, if he wanted their land he wouldn’t have done that, nor would he have signed any treaty with the Jews, but he would’ve just waged war on them.

@Nwando; Lol. I missed her too. She is like a daughter to me. I thought if she became a Mus'lim Olayiwola, my older son would marry her. We need to "capture" many pretty women to Ijebuland! I wish her well. I guess engineering is not a walk in the park.

Looks like I spoke too soon. shocked
It's obvious who the liar is at least on this thread

BTW,do you think anyone would read these copied and pasted term paper.
Just give us the link so you don't contradict yourself again.
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by olabowale(m): 2:20am On Apr 19, 2008
@Nwando; Am on the roll here, so stop buttering me up, indirectly.

“A Terrorist (I have been made victorious through terror”

First of all, Ali Sina did not quote the whole hadith. The rest of the hadith says:

Sahih Al-Bukhari

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 220:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Apostle has left the world and now you, people, are bringing out those treasures (i.e. the Prophet did not benefit by them).

The hadith says clearly, that terror was cast in the hearts of the enemy, not literally that the Holy Prophet (S) was a terrorist!

Clearly, the Holy Prophet (S) being a “terrorist” (Astaghfirullah!), would go against the Holy Qur’an, as Allah SWT says:

Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. (Sura 2 Ayat 190)

Is Ali Sina so desperate, that he would even distort Islamic texts to suit his twisted interpretations?
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by olabowale(m): 2:31am On Apr 19, 2008
@Nwando; I dont trust you. Oh, let me rephrase that; I donteven trust you as far as I can throw you. And I think I can not even throw you that far, with all the african draggings and loads, ala Chaka Khan. Lol.

“A Lecher”

A “lecher” means a man with strong sexual desire (Source).

Hilariously enough, Aisha (R), the man who Ali Sina and his loonies say was “raped”, refutes this claim:

Sahih Al-Bukhari

Volume 1, Book 6, Number 299:

Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Aswad:

(on the authority of his father) 'Aisha said: "Whenever Allah's Apostle wanted to handle anyone of us during her periods (menses), he used to order her to put on an Izar and start handling her." 'Aisha added, "None of you could control his sexual desires as the Prophet could."

Sahih Muslim

Book 006, Number 2439:

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) used to kiss (his wives) while fasting and embraced (them) while fasting; but he had the greatest mastery over his desire among you.

Secondly, a man who didn’t have control over his desire (a man who was a lecher), would love to touch women wouldn’t he? However, this wasn’t the case with the Holy Prophet (S):

Sahih Muslim

Book 20, Number 4602:

It has been narrated on the authority of 'A'isha, the wife of the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him). She said: When the believing women migrated (to Medina) and came to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), they would be tested in accordance with the following words of Allah. the Almighty and Exalted: "O Prophet, when believing women come to thee to take the oath of fealty to thee that they will not associate in worship anything with God, that they will not steal. that, they will not commit adultery. . ." to the end of the verse (lx. 62).
Whoso from the believing women accepted these conditions and agreed to abide by them were considered to have offered themselves for swearing fealty. When they had (formally) declared their resolve to do so, the Messenger of Allah (may peace he upon him) would say to them: You may go. I have confirmed your fealty. By God, the hand of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) never touched the hand of a woman. He would take the oath of fealty from them by oral declaration. By God, the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) never took any vow from women except that which God had ordered him to take, and his palm never touched the palm of a woman. When he had taken their vow, he would tell them that he had taken the oath from them orally.

However, Ali Sina can argue now and say ‘Well, what about Zaynab Bint Jahsh?”. According to an unauthentic report, the Holy Prophet (S) saw Zaynab Bint Jahsh changing her clothes, and he began to like her from there. Refuting this baseless story, Abdul Hameed Siddiqui says:

" So far as the fanciful stories and calumnies of the Orientalists are concerned, we can only say that these are so absurd that any one having even a grain of sense in him would unhesitatingly reject them as mere fabrications. William Muir and so may others like him state that the Prophet, having seen Zaynab by change through a half-open door, was fascinated by her beauty, and that Zayd having come to know of the leanings of his master, divorced her and then she was marred ti Muhammad. There is absolutely no truth in these stories which have been fabricated in this connection."

(Source: The Life of Muhammad, by Abdul Hameed Siddique, Islamic Publications LTD, p. 214, bold and underlined emphasis ours)

Sheikh Hammudah Abdallati says:

6. Some of the Prophet's marriages were for legislative reasons and to abolish certain corrupt traditions. Such was his marriage to Zaynab, divorcee of the freed slave Zayd. Before Islam, the Arabs did not allow divorcees to remarry. Zayd was adopted by the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and called his son as was the custom among the Arabs before Islam. But Islam abrogated this custom and disapproved of its practice. Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) was the first man to express this disapproval in a practical way. So he married the divorcee of his "adopted" son to show that adoption does not really make the adopted child a real son of the adopting father and also to show that marriage is lawful for divorcees. Incidentally, this very Zaynab was Muhammad's cousin, and had been offered to him in marriage before she married Zayd. He refused her then, but after she was divorced he accepted her for the two legislative purposes: the lawful marriage of divorcees and the real status of adopted children. The story of this Zaynab has been associated in some minds with ridiculous fabrications regarding the moral integrity of Muhammad. These vicious fabrications are not even worth considering here (see Qur'an, 33: 36, 37, 40).

(Source: Islam in Focus, p.177-179 by Hammudah Abdallati, bold and underlined emphasis ours)

Shabir Ally also writes:

Q. Is it true that the prophet (pbuh) had fallen in love with Zainab due to her beauty?

A. If that were true it would not detract from the veracity of the prophet. Muslims admit that he was a human being. It is not unnatural for a man to fall in love. The fact that he is a prophet does not rob him of his natural human emotions. In fact it is true that he loved his wives.

However, it is not true that he fell in love with Zainab in the way that is claimed by some critics. They say that once the prophet visited Zaid, the husband of Zainab. Zaid was out at the time, and Zainab was combing her hair. The prophet was struck by her beauty and immediately left saying something to the effect that God changes the hearts of people. When Zaid learnt about this incident he offered the prophet that he would divorce Zainab in order that the prophet may marry her. Accordingly, he divorced her and the prophet married her.

Several things point to the lack of truth in this story. First, it is unlikely that the prophet (pbuh) was suddenly struck by Zainab's beauty. Zainab was his cousin. He had known her since childhood. Why would she suddenly appear striking after she was already married to another?

Second, the prophet had arranged for her to get married to Zaid. If there was to be an attraction why did the prophet (pbuh) not encourage her to marry none but himself?

Third, the fact of the matter was that Zaid's marriage proved to be an unhappy one. Zaid was a former slave and as such was held in low esteem in the eyes of Zainab. He mentioned to the prophet that he intended to divorce his wife. But the prophet advised him to keep his wife and avoid divorce.

In the meantime, Zaid intended to divorce his wife, Allah intended to marry her to the prophet. Eventually Zaid could maintain his marriage no longer. He divorced Zainab and Allah declared in his Glorious Book that he has wedded her to the prophet after the proper waiting period was over.

This marriage served more than one purpose. First, the prophet was responsible for arranging Zainab's marriage to Zaid. In a sense, then, he was also indirectly responsible for the unhappiness she felt in her marriage. Her marriage to the prophet now provided her the honour she felt she deserved, and exonerated the prophet.

Second, Zaid had been adopted as the prophet's son. Eventually, however, the Qur'an prohibited the practice of changing the parental identity of adopted persons. Zaid, then, was to no longer be called "son of Muhammad" but rather "a close friend." The prophet's marriage to the divorced wife of Zaid was a practical demonstration that the adopted relationship was not equal to a real blood-relationship. A man cannot marry the divorced wife of his real son but he can marry the divorced wife of his adopted son.

The abolishment of the age-old practice was a positive improvement for the adopted persons. People outside of Islam still continue this practice for their own benefit. They adopt children and rob them of their real identify, making them believe they are real children of the household in which they grow up. When such children realize the truth they suffer much disappointment and grief. The adoptive process continues for the selfish gain of the adoptive parents.

But is it not true that children sometimes need adoptive parents? Yes. But they also need to preserve their real identify. This is what Islam ensures. It is the responsibility of the entire community to help children in need. They should be taken in and nurtured but not confused with one's own children.

The prophet's marriage to Zainab was a bold measure to forever engrave in the minds of his followers that as much as people would resist change, some changes are worth the effort. Adoptive children should no longer be robbed of their real identities.

The Scholars of IslamToday.Com write:

Question: Al-Salâm `Alaykum. Some non-Muslims informed me of the story of Zaynab bint Jahsh and the verses of the Qur'ân which were revealed in this context. They said that the Prophet (peace be upon him) saw her once unveiled or something and it affected his heart and he said "Glory be to the one who moves our hearts!" Not long after the verses were revealed he was "convieniently" instructed by the Qur'ân to marry Zaynab, who had previously been the wife of his adopted son. Please explain this matter to me in detail.

Answered by the Fatwa Department Research Committee - chaired by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî
As we shall see, the story of Zaynab is actually a good piece of evidence for the genuineness of the Prophet (peace be upon him), not for his insincerity like Orientalists and some Christian missionaries like to claim.

Zaynab bint Jahsh married the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in 5 AH, when she was thirty-five years old, but only after her previous marriage, which had been arranged by none other than the Prophet (peace be upon him), had ended in divorce. Zaynab bint Jahsh was the cousin of the Prophet (peace be upon him). She came from one of the noblest families of Quraysh and was expected to marry a man with the same high social status.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) knew that piety and not social status was the primary consideration in marriage. He wanted her to marry Zayd ibn Hârith, a former slave of Khadîjah who the Prophet (peace be upon him) had freed and adopted as a son at the age of eight.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) had watched both Zayd and Zaynab grow up, and thought they would make a good couple and that their marriage would demonstrate that it was not who their ancestors were, but rather their religiousness that mattered. When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) asked for her hand on behalf of Zayd, Zaynab’s family were shocked at the idea of her marrying a freed slave. Moreover, Zaynab had wanted to marry the Prophet (peace be upon him) and in fact her family had already offered to marry her to him.

At first Zaynab refused. Zayd also had reservations about the idea. However, when both he and Zaynab realized that there was no difference between what the Prophet (peace be upon him) wanted and what Allah wanted, they both agreed to the marriage. The Prophet provided a dowry for Zaynab on Zayd’s behalf, consisting of ten dinars, sixty dirhams, a veil, a cloak, a shirt, and a considerable amount of food and dates.

The marriage, alas, was not a success. Zaynab and Zayd proved to be incompatible for each other. After about a year, problems arose between them and Zayd complained about her to the Prophet (peace be upon him), who told him to stay with his wife and fear Allah.

Zayd asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) for permission to divorce Zaynab on more than one occasion, and although the Prophet (peace be upon him) advised Zayd not to divorce her, the divorce ultimately took place. The Prophet (peace be upon him) was then ordered by Allah to marry Zaynab, which he did in 5 AH.

The custom among the pagan Arabs was that an adopted son was like a person’s real son. He carried his adopted father’s name and inherited from him. Islam overturned that custom. Islam, we must understand, came to safeguard lineage. A man may adopt a child and take care of him, but that child cannot assume the lineage of his adopted father. He must retain his own family name.

Allah says: “Nor has He made your adopted sons your sons. Such is only your (manner of) speech by your mouths. But Allah tells you the Truth, and He shows the right way that is correct. Call them by the names of their fathers: that is more just with Allah. But if ye know not their father’s names, (then they are) your brothers in faith, or your wards.” [Sûrah al-Ahzâb: 4-5]

By marrying Zaynab, the Prophet (peace be upon him) demonstrated in the clearest possible way that in Islam an adopted son is not the same as a natural son and that the guardian of an adopted son is permitted to marry a woman who was once married to that adopted son.

As for the verse itself, Allah says: “And (remember) when you said to him on whom Allah has bestowed grace and you have done a favor: ‘Keep your wife to yourself, and have fear of Allah.’ But you did hide in yourself that which Allah will make manifest, you did fear the people whereas Allah had a better right that you should fear Him. So, when Zayd had completed his aim with her, We gave her to you in marriage, so that there may be no difficulty to the believers in respect of the wives of their adopted sons when the latter have no desire to keep them. And Allah's command must be fulfilled.” [Sûrah al-Ahzâb: 37]

Ibn Jarîr narrated that `Â’ishah said: “If Muhammad were to have concealed anything that was revealed to him of the Book of Allah, he would have concealed the verse: ‘But you did hide in yourself that which Allah will make manifest, you did fear the people whereas Allah had a better right that you should fear Him’.”

Allah had already revealed to him that Zaynab bint Jahsh was going to be one of his wives. The Prophet (peace be upon him) did not speak about this matter. Then Allah revealed this verse.

This verse is clearly not the statement of a false Prophet making up verses trying to justify his desires. If the Prophet (peace be upon him) had ulterior motives, he could have gone about the matter in a much more subtle way and gotten what he wanted. Instead, he was put on the spot to do something he otherwise would not have wanted to do. The last way we would describe the situation of the Prophet (peace be upon him) here is to call it “convenient”.

This, however, was from Allah’s wisdom. If the Prophet (peace be upon him) had only said to the people that since adopted sons are not true sons, therefore men may marry the ex-wives of their adopted sons, it would not have had the same effect. Cultural practices and taboos are quite strong. For instance, as Muslims we all know that race and ethnicity are not important. However, we can see the problems that almost invariably arise when a Muslim girl wants to marry a Muslim boy from a different ethnic background. Therefore, the Prophet (peace be upon him) was commanded to marry her by way of example.

In the very next verse, Allah continues: “There can be no difficulty upon the Prophet in what Allah has obliged him to do. That was Allah's way with respect to those who have gone before. And the command of Allah is a decree determined.” [Sûrah al-Ahzâb: 38]

You mention the story that the Prophet (peace be upon him) saw Zaynab not fully dressed and became full of desire for her and said something indicating his desire to marry her. Then when Zayd divorced her, the verse was revealed “…you did hide in yourself that which Allah will make manifest, you did fear the people whereas Allah had a better right that you should fear Him…” According to the story, the thing that the Prophet (peace be upon him) was concealing in his heart was his desire to marry Zaynab.

This story is a favorite of the Orientalists and is patently false. Please understand that many people concocted false stories and false hadîth for various reasons. That is the reason why the science of hadîth came about. Hadîth are graded as authentic (sahîh), good (hasan), weak (da`îf), rejected (munkar), and fabricated (mawdû`). This grading is not arbitrary and not according to anyone’s desires. A hadîth is graded based on a study of the chain of transmission by way of which it reached us. If a chain of transmission has gaps in it or contradictions or contains people who were known liars, then the hadîth is not acceptable.

This story is baseless. It does not come to us with any chain of transmission worth mentioning. If we wish to believe this story, we might as well believe anything that people tell us.

This story is found in some books like al-Tabarî’s Tafsîr, but he relates it without any chain of transmission and starts by saying: “It was said that…”

For this reason, Ibn Kathîr does not mention it at all in his commentary of the Qur’ân. In his monumental work on history, al-Bidâyah wa al-Nihâyah, Ibn Kathîr discusses the marriage of Zaynab bint Jahsh and mentions that there were some strange stories circulated by the early scholars, but many of them were dubious and should be abandoned.

Of course, Orientalists and other enemies of Islam gleefully reproduce this story so they can have some dirt to throw on the Prophet (peace be upon him). They fail to mention that the story is baseless and has no claim to authenticity. They just pass it on as fact.

And lastly, Allama Shibli Nu’Mani writes:

" Tabari has it that once the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) visited the house of Zaid. Zaid was not at home, and Zainab was dressing herself. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) saw her doing that, and turned back saying : " Glory to Allah, Most High and glory to him who turns the hearts". Zaid came to know of it. He came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and said, " I may divorce Zainab if you have come to like her."

I have quoted that dirty narration with a pricking of conscience. But to report a blasphemy is not to commit a blasphemy. This is the single report that forms the mainstay of authority for the Christain historians. But the poor fellows do not know what value this narration holds when critically viewed in the light of the principles set by the traditionalists. Tabari, the historian has taken this story from Waqidi, the well-known liar and fabricator. He coined such fictions to provide some sort of sanction for the licentiousness of the 'Abbasid caliphs."

(Source: Sirat-Un-Nabi, by Allama Shibli Nu'Mani, rendered into English by M. Tayyib Bahksh Budayuni, Kazi Publications Lahore, Vol. II, p. 128-129, bold and underlined emphasis ours)

AND NWANDO: Before long I may just call you Baby(Ali Sina; lol). I want to bring him to you so you dont have to go to him, ever. I can see you now in Hijab and Kimar. Zainab though she will never be a Mus'lima and see what God Almight All'ah does for her. She is a fortunate woman.
Re: Muhammed And The Iddah Rule For Widows by olabowale(m): 2:32am On Apr 19, 2008
“A Misogynist”

A misogynist means a person who mistrusts or hates woman.

We can only say that Ali Sina is very foolish to accuse the Holy Prophet (S) of this, when the Holy Prophet (S) said:

Sahih Muslim

Book 8, Number 3469:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A believing man should not hate a believing woman; if he dislikes one of her characteristics, he will be pleased with another.

Book 20, Number 4496:

It has been narrated on the authority of Ibn 'Umar that the Holy Prophet (May be upon him) said: Beware. every one of you is a shepherd and every one is answerable with regard to his flock. The Caliph is a shepherd over the people and shall be questioned about his subjects (as to how he conducted their affairs). A man is a guardian over the members of his family and shal be questioned about them (as to how he looked after their physical and moral well-being). A woman is a guardian over the household of her husband and his children and shall be questioned about them (as to how she managed the household and brought up the children). (NOTE from Author: We should just stop right here! If the Holy Prophet (S) mistrusted woman, then he wouldn’t have said that women are a guardian over the household!) A slave is a guardian over the property of his master and shall be questioned about it (as to how he safeguarded his trust). Beware, every one of you is a guardian and every one of you shall be questioned with regard to his trust.

Book 4, Number 0884:

Salim narrated it from his father ('Abdullah b. Umar) that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When women ask permission for going to the mosque, do not prevent them. (NOTE from Author: Again, if the Prophet (S) mistrusted woman, why would he allow for them to enter the Masjid?)

Need we say more?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Reasons Why Youths Port From Their Parents' Churches / "Fire From Above Burns Jacket Of A Man Who Doubted Zimbabwean Pastor" - Says ECG / Oyedepo: Those Saying Pastors Are Stealing Risk God’s Wrath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 338
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.