Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,455 members, 7,894,937 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 06:06 PM

Efcc And Night Internet Browsing - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Efcc And Night Internet Browsing (882 Views)

Mtn Introduces Simple Hourly Surf Or Internet Browsing / Get 1gb Data Plan Internet Browsing On Your Zain Sim For Just #1,100 / Free Internet Browsing On Your Pc And Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Efcc And Night Internet Browsing by okewole(m): 5:58pm On May 15, 2007
Good day Guys,

I will like to know what the law says about night browsing.
Of recent, there have being alot of noise about the existence of a legislation against night browsing, which i am not aware of.

If this law really exist, how are the cafe owners going to cope with the high operational cost (Bandwidht, Generator fuelling and Maintenance), computer repairs and maintenance)?

Is this law not against the constitution of Nigeria that as to do with freedow of movement at any time and right to be engage in legal business?
Re: Efcc And Night Internet Browsing by inze(m): 1:11pm On May 17, 2007
I guess thier belief is that, night time is when internet crimes take place, and thats part of their effort to comb it out, but not many cybercafe's are adhering to that law.

Personally, i believe its againt the rights of the cafe owners.
Re: Efcc And Night Internet Browsing by otuonye(m): 11:00pm On Jun 01, 2007
In as much as I support better ways to fight the crime of duping people on the net, I do not see this legislation as effective or people - oriented. I think it is heavy-handed. It is not everybody that goes at night to browse that is involved in the cyber crimes.

I learn that these 419 boys now have internet access at home too. So, if EFCC bans night - browsing, will the ISPs shut down their servers at night too? I know the EFCC is trying, but this one? It simply won't work!

Right now, I am doing all night in a cafe. So, if I am stopped from doing my allnight [which I know is legitimate] because of the yahoo boys, does it make sense?

Why punish the innocent with the guilty?

GET ANOTHER PLAN

JOJO

(1) (Reply)

On Line I.t Training / Who Wants Cheap Visafone Or Starcomms Internet Phones In Benin? / Double Cpu Laptop For Sale [language Converter]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.