Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,953 members, 7,922,356 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 04:23 AM

Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" (1600 Views)

Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / St Paul's College President Denies Speaking To SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by Ovularia: 6:33pm On Oct 23, 2010
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/video-turmoil-okah-family-sonny-bowie-okah-speaks-i-will-help-destroy-my-killer-family

**YOU CAN VIEW THE VIDEO ON SAHARAREPORTERS.COM**

Home » News & Reports » News
News and Reports
VIDEO: Turmoil In The Okah Family, Sonny Bowie Okah Speaks: "I Will Help Destroy My Killer-Family"
Posted: October 23, 2010 - 13:29
Posted by siteadmin
By SaharaReporters, New York

SR: Ah, yes, I just have some questions to ask… First, what is your reaction towards the arrest of your two brothers, Charles and Henry?

Bowie: Errrm, as a matter of fact, when a criminal is arrested, you should – you should be happy

SR: Not mind…(interrupted)

Bowie: When a criminal is arrested…sorry?

SR: Okay, not minding that they are your blood brothers…were meant to…

Bowie: I don’t give a damn. Anybody who kills anybody, you know, I am not happy with killing of people – innocent people especially, and anybody who kills anybody, I don’t , I don’t care if it’s my blood brother or whatever

SR: But…

Bowie: I regard the people as killers

SR: But you will admit that they are still innocent until proven guilty…they’ve not been…

Bowie: But,  when I know of their activities, when I have an insight of their activities, it’s just the court that can prove that, you know, but …it is just the court that can (inaudible) but someone who is used to their activity , not now but for many years, I mean, I have already decided on my verdict for them

SR: How would you say you are a credible person to speak with when there are allegations you are not mentally sound, you‘ve attempted to kill your father at one point in time, it’s alleged you’ve claimed you are a medical doctor, when you are not one. Some people would say that you are not a credible person to be taken serious. How would you react?

Bowie: Let me tell you the story gradually. First and foremost they mentioned the place where I claimed to be a medical doctor, right?

SR: Yes

Bowie: You know you can make enquiries from that place? Thank God the name is there? I worked there on a two-year contract as a technologist? Okay? To ensure that their (inaudible) does not get forged – as simple as that. You can find out…

SR: So there was never a time you operated on patients

Bowie: On patients? There were doctors there who operated on the patients – I was working on the machines

SR: Okay, how about the Nigerian Defence academy? You left the Nigerian Defence academy or…?

Bowie: Nigerian Defence Academy is still there till tomorrow. I left the Nigerian Defence Academy on my own

SR: So you…

Bowie: Do you understand that?

SR: Yes I…I heard you now

Bowie: We have Senators serving now, who left the Nigerian Defence Academy, the same way I left it. I was never dismissed. I was never charged for any offence whatsoever while I was at the Nigerian Defence Academy

SR: Do you believe in the Niger Delta Struggle at all?

Bowie: Initially I did believe in it, initially. But, when I saw that my brothers were trying to use it as a business venture, I lost interest

SR: When you are talking about your brothers, you are talking about both Charles and Henry, now?

Bowie: Both of them, both of them. They are even more than that. They are more than that. There are two other members of the family who are involved in this criminal act

SR: How would you …members of the family…How would you …Now that is a serious allegation, if you are saying members of the family, are there names?

Bowie: Of course there are names. There is, there is Julie Okah, who is there, that is the only one I want to mention for now, who is the EA to the governor of Bayelsa state. She is the criminal. She is the one who has all the money and is funding all the, all the, all the, all the, all the, all the, act.

SR: So you …

Bowie:….from the government purse…

SR: So you are saying that a senior member of the Bayelsa state government who happens to be your blood sister is funding terrorism…
Bowie: Exactly. She has been funding it.

SR: And do you have evidence to that effect? Money, dates…?

Bowie: I know monies that have been paid to them in the past for one thing or the other, even when they wanted me, me that they say I am not sound, they are paying me N9m to go and remove Henry from detention. Does that make sense? Someone who is not sound will be given N9m to go and remove somebody who is in detention?

SR: Now who paid you N9m, specifically?

Bowie: Charles paid me N9m and formed an operation that I should go into Chitakwa park in Bauchi where he was detained, and open the place, kill people around him, soldiers around there and bring Henry out of that place…
SR: And when you got the N9m, did you refund the money? Or did you just keep…?

Bowie: For what? I confiscated the money, for sending me on such a silly mission

SR: Now. let us speak about Charles. What would say would be Charles’ role in MEND and the bomb blast that took place in Abuja?
Bowie: Charles is a criminal. He is a… he is Henry’s coordinator for Nigeria. He has been, there are people in the past. You can ask, you can find out from other militants who have their weapons down? You can find out from Boyloaf, find out from Tompolo. Even in the times of bombing and all the attacks, he was involved with them. You can find out from them. They will confirm my story

SR: On the issue of wanting to rescue Henry Okah from the government when he was detained in Nigeria, there were suggestions that it was you who suggested that Henry should be rescued, is that true?

Bowie: (inaudible)… How can I, as a mad man suggest such a thing and they accept my position, as a mad man?

SR: Are you aware of who Jomo Gbomo is?

Bowie: Initially it was Henry, when Henry got the mail account. That was him writing all the mails from the (inaudible). It is being passed from one person to the other. Even when Charles knows he is going to be detained, he will pass it to someone, maybe his wife is now Jomo Gbomo.

SR: Now that is another allegation that Charles’ wife could be, ?

Bowie: I said maybe. I said maybe now. I am not saying emphatically that she is. I am saying maybe now, knowing that he was going to be detained, he might have passed it to her , or passed it to Henry’s wife, as the new Jomo Gbomo.

SR: Now, it means the whole MEND structure, you are saying is surrounded around the Okah family, is that what you are saying?

Bowie:  The MEND structure, the original MEND structure was not. The original MEND had Boyloaf there, it had Tompolo there, but they have broken up with Henry , immediately after the Amnesty. Immediately after Amnesty, I broke up with him, Tompolo broke up with him, Boyloaf broke up with him, (inaudible) broke up with him, everybody broke up with him, because we were all sure he was just after financial benefit.

SR: With all these things going on, don’t you think it will have a negative effect on the Niger Delta struggle, the struggle for…

Bowie: Of course, it is already having a negative effect on the struggle! You know, when one faction, the criminal faction, broke out and all they are doing is to cause problems to meet their financial needs. I learn they have been asking for an oil well.

SR: Who is asking for an oil well?

Bowie: Its Henry asking government for an oil well, and Charles is backing him up on that. So they think the only way to get that oil well they are asking for is by causing problems

SR: You are referred to as Python, and that is just by the way. You are referred to as Python Bowie. Why are you called Python Bowie?

Bowie: That has to do with me, when I was in school. I was very very patient, just like the python. It odes not strike until they strike it

SR: SO you are telling readers of Sahara Reporters categorically that, one , you are not a mad person,  you are not a person of unsound mind, two…

Bowie: They said I was taken to psychiatric hospital in Yaba, don’t they have records?

SR: Because the version of the python nickname was said that it was a result of you knocking someone dead. No names were given.
Bowie: Where was that?

SR: That you had a fight with someone…and you knocked them…(Bowie interjects) yea, and that is why you are called python…

Bowie: Never have I had a fight with someone

SR: That was in the Nigeria Defence Academy

Bowie: The Nigerian Defence Academy sporting competitions were authorised. I had that name before I got into the Nigeria Defence Academy

SR: So, when you had that fight, which was a legitimate fight, did your opponent get knocked out, as in die as a result?
Bowie: I had many opponents that were knocked down and knocked out but never anyone that died

SR: Now Mr Bowie, let us come back to this other issue of you being nominated into a board of Nigerian er, , by the Jonathan government.
Bowie: I am just hearing that from you…
SR: So, at no point was your name nominated by the Jonathan administration into the board of…

Bowie: Board, board …? What have I got to do with the Jonathan administration? What have I got to do with any …? I am a business man; I am doing my business in Lagos? What have I got to do with PDP whatever?
SR: SO you have no links whatsoever with the Jonathan government?
Bowie: I have no links with them whatsoever

SR: We were also told that you are quite determined to see your two brothers go to jail. What if they are found innocent of this very heinous crime?

Bowie: Then I will know that there is no justice in this country if they are because I have an insight into the operation! It’s just like you, maybe you know your wife so well and you know the things she does in the bedroom, and somebody comes and says she is not guilty of certain things you know about her – it does not make sense

SR: If you are called upon by the government to serve as a prosecuting witness, would you…?

Bowie: I would do that now! I would do that now!! And (inaudible)….

SR: And you would not say this is being vindictive? Are you doing this for patriotic reasons?
Bowie: For what reason? For what reason? I would do it gladly now Because of all the lives of people and because of the image they are trying to depict

SR: So Mr Bowie Bowie Okah. Why did you drop the Okah from your family name and you are now known as Bowie Bowie?
Bowie: That name has been dropped since 1992. It is not now that I dropped that name, because I have always had problems with that family… I’ve never really belonged. I have always seen them as people who do not do the right thing.

SR: I know now that you have problems with Charles, problems with Henry and you have mentioned Julie who is a senior government officer in Bayelsa state government. Are there any members of the Okah family that you have any good relationship with?

Bowie: I have good relationship with almost every other person
SR: Except the other people you mentioned? Do you have any plans for reconciliation with members of the family?

Bowie: I actually don’t need it. I actually don’t need their reconciliation because they are creating a bad name for the Okah family which I do not belong to any longer. I don’t need it.  Why should I reconcile with people who are not accepted in the society. It does not make sense to me. I’ll do better as who I am.

SR: Mr Bowie Bowie Okah, thanks for speaking to Sahara Reporters.
Bowie: Thank you.

Shortly after the Interview Sonny sent this text message to all his brothers and sisters:

“Now people are on the internet saying i'm a psychiatric patient, wanted to kill my dad, claimed i'm a doctor, ran to Olumba etc etc. Thank God reasonable people are reacting in my favour and know that it is one of the Okahs who did that to further disgrace themselves. It doesn't affect me in anyway so I refused to read it even though a number of people called me. I'll go back to the net and start with everyone from Charles down to Pamela and give a truthful x ray of them. Then I'll go to the papers and the govt and declare who they are, everyone’s role in all…A new battle just begun since the Okahs have decided to wake the sleeping dog. I’ll help in destroying that family of killers completely”

Saharareporters also contacted Barrister Julie Donli who described herself as the Executive Assistant to the Bayelsa State Governor Mr Timipre Sylva on the allegation made by Mr Bowie that she funds her brother’s terrorist activities, she sent in the following as her reaction.

“Dear Editor My name is Julie Donli the immediate older sister of Sunny Bowei Okah. I was told you did a report on him and he later granted an interview where he mentioned my name and said I sponsor terrorist. I have never granted SaharaReporters any interview and do not believe in discussing my family on the internet or the pages of newspapers. I plead that you respect the privacy of the Okah family henceforth. In spite of the obvious blackmail and assault to my integrity by Sonny, I shall not trade words with him. He remains my family. Please let it be told that I never gave Sahara Reporters any story on Sonny Bowei Okah, I am not the only one in the family I wonder why he chose to pick on me.”

Link to video --
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnAh78g76l4&feature=player_embedded
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by Pk001(m): 7:22pm On Oct 23, 2010
Wow, this revelation is too much!
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by koruji(m): 7:33pm On Oct 23, 2010
That is one disfunctional family right there.
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by MShittu: 7:38pm On Oct 23, 2010
Henry Okah's going DOWN
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by deekseen(m): 8:49pm On Oct 23, 2010
Why does my mind tell me that this Sonny guy is going to be dealt with somehow by his siblings?
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by globalaid(m): 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2010
this is just the begining
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 24, 2010
This some real complicated shiz. shocked
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by Ibime(m): 12:46am On Oct 24, 2010
I confiscated the money for sending me on such a silly mission. . .hehehehehehe
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by violent(m): 1:02am On Oct 24, 2010
interesting!

looks like its badluck to fight Goodluck afterall!
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by Osama10(m): 2:51am On Oct 24, 2010
This looks like a cursed family. sad
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by james1(m): 3:44am On Oct 24, 2010
It is just the begining,
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by Pharoh: 8:10am On Oct 24, 2010
Men what a revelation if it is true ? shocked
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by tpia5: 8:19am On Oct 24, 2010
is there any cultural link between ijaws and middle belters?

offtopic, i know.
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by Pharoh: 8:54am On Oct 24, 2010
tpia@:

is there any cultural link between ijaws and middle belters?

offtopic, i know.

I don't know for sure but the ijaws mostly live anywhere there is water , they are predominantly fishermen and very good with anything that deals with water.
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by tpia5: 8:55am On Oct 24, 2010
^^thanks.
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by slap1(m): 9:10am On Oct 24, 2010
Is their father still alive? He should have died of hypertension.
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by homerac7: 9:53am On Oct 24, 2010
@ tpia

D ijaws may hav migrated frm area around Ghana through d sea route while d middle belters have a complex origin through d jukun-igala movement. But dr routes r not same thus d likelyhood of common ancestry is not feasible.
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by homerac7: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2010
@ tpia

D ijaws may hav migrated frm area around Ghana through d sea route while d middle belters have a complex origin through d jukun-igala movement. But dr routes r not same thus d likelyhood of common ancestry is not nearly feasible.
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by rhymz(m): 10:21am On Oct 24, 2010
Let's be real here, every family has their own fair share of this kind of disunity.
Am sure Bowie must have had a raw-deal with his brothers and sister to warrant this kind of outburst. . Lol. .
But he made some very salient point worthy of note.
When asked about the Identity of Jomo Gbomo his reply gave credence to what many of us have long suspected and have been saying even Boyloaf said it on NTA, that Jomo Gbomo was a code name for the speaker of the group, it is transferable and could be anyone, it is no one person like many of had hitherto thought always.
Another statement he made, worthy of note was the true owners of MEND, he mentioned Boyloaf, Tompolo and co thesame dudes who paid Jonathan Solidarity visit after the bombings. I believe these ex-millitants have been helping out with information to nail Henry Orkah and his criminal brother, charles sending us threats.
Am pointing all these to the likes of Kobojunkies who like to whine and complain and talk shiit abt how Henry Okah is innocent and was being hounded by the Nigerian Government. Seriously, he/she needs to shut da hell up and stop spewing hokum. .
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by chillbabe(f): 11:42am On Oct 24, 2010
This should make for an interesting read,strictly for the adults and matured minds herein, culled from sahara reporters

The Federal Republic of Nigeria, including its security outfits should wake and stop using brothers against brothers to fester their own nest. I have on many occasions urged that President Jonathan, be very cautious of the security reports presented to him. We saw it happen when one of our greatest patriots, Bola Ige was assassinated. The wife died days after the main accuse person was set free before her very eyes. Keyamo was equally made to suffer the same fate as this unfolding (dramma giocoso) of the Okah family.Keyamos brother who wanted to travel abroad by all means, was the fall guy they attempted to use against him. He was the mole that was relied on to lure or coerce Keyamo into droppping the confessional statement FRYO made to him concerning the murder of Bola Ige. Up till date, the killers of Bola Ige, are no where to be found. But are there in Nigeria, dancing and praising the angels of darkness that set them free. 4 Ogoni intellectuals had to be murdered to enable Abacha frame KENSAROWIWA for the Gallows. It took the drinking of a a cup of tea, for IBB to jail David West. Yet years after, we are still searching our filthy souls for answers to those who killed Marshal Harry and Dikibo.The star witness whom the Government of late Yaradua, alleged that saw Okah buy arms from the military, for the militants in the creeks, never took the witness stand. The very witness that was going to be called in the Angola versus Okahs arms deals, never appeared in court. Charles was right there in Apapa, when the bombs went off in Abuja. It took them weeks to apprehend him with his visitor LADOJA SONS and house maid. What the nation wants is the truth nothing but the truth. Be it Okah or Lucifer. May the souls of those who died in the bombing, not rest until the all the culprits are brought to book. We cannot continue like this for another 50yrs-not knowing the faces of the hired killers in our midst.
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by tpia5: 11:10pm On Oct 24, 2010
homerac7:

@ tpia

D ijaws may hav migrated frm area around Ghana through d sea route while d middle belters have a complex origin through d jukun-igala movement. But dr routes r not same thus d likelyhood of common ancestry is not nearly feasible.

thanks.

the middle belters seem to have originated from central africa though.

i agree some ijaws might have originally been from ghana or thereabouts.

however, they might have some links to the areas around equatorial guinea as well but i'm not too sure.
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by homerac7: 6:44am On Oct 25, 2010
@ tpia,

Well I hav seen some reports dt claim dt d central Africans(bantus) may hav had their origin from western Cameroo/ eastern Nigeria. Dy migrated through central Africa to present southern Africa.

So Jst sayn dt middle belters come frm central Africa only adds another twist to it. Nevertheless, d Eastern Nigerians origin is not wtout middle belters influx and influence. Dts y I wrote earlier dt its a complex migration route.
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by semid4lyfe(m): 7:14am On Oct 25, 2010
Hehehehe. . .Henry Okah is most definitely going down.
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by TORDOO(m): 9:35am On Oct 25, 2010
This guy have mental problem,he is judas in the family,a common thief who sold his brother's home while in detention,he can do anything to put all his family to jail just to take over their wealth,lazy fool,a dropout,devil will soon baptise the bastard;soon his brothers wil be out again
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by chiozor: 2:29pm On Oct 25, 2010
^^^^ you are speaking deep lipsrsealed
pls do you an inside story,
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by tpia5: 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2010
homerac7:

@ tpia,

Well I hav seen some reports dt claim dt d central Africans(bantus) may hav had their origin from western Cameroo/ eastern Nigeria. Dy migrated through central Africa to present southern Africa.

So Jst sayn dt middle belters come frm central Africa only adds another twist to it. Nevertheless, d Eastern Nigerians origin is not wtout middle belters influx and influence. Dts y I wrote earlier dt its a complex migration route.

true
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by chosen04(f): 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2010
This makes me remember FESTUS KEYAMO and his younger brother during the Ige's death saga. . . . . . . .Looks like the govt has paid Bowie to rant . . . . . . Just exactly like Keyamo'S case . . . . . . . .
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by naso2(m): 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2010
chosen04:

This make me remember FESTUS KEYAMO and his younger brother during the Ige's death saga. . . . . . . .Looks like the govt has paid Bowie to rant . . . . . . Just exactly like Keyamo'S case . . . . . . . .

People and theories. Abeg make una rest with these conjectures jare.

Do we need a Bowie or whatever he is called to nail Henry Okah? Reports from SA alone shows that the prosecution has turned on the heat and okah has no where to hide.
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by honeric01(m): 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2010
This is why i hate politics, just too complicated.
Re: Saharareporters:sonny Bowie Okah Speaks:"i Will Help Destroy My Killer-family" by ijawgirl: 11:54pm On Oct 31, 2010
wow!
lol this Sonny is really messing up
How much are they paying him 4 all this yarnz?

(1) (Reply)

Man-Made Ecological Disaster: A Time Bomb Awaiting Explosion In Oyo Community / Please Anyone Has A Quote Of Pastor Tunde Bakare On Boko Haram? / We Don’t Need Your Oil – Obama Tells Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.