Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,846 members, 7,912,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 05:57 AM

Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? (3863 Views)

Poll: Dora Akunyili Versus Nuhu Ridadu

Dora Akunyili Of NAFDAC performed better: 82% (65 votes)
Nuhu Ribadu of EFCC performed better: 17% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Prof Osinbajo Vs Pastor Tunde Bakare, Who Could Have Performed Better? / Fashola Performed Better Than I Did – Tinubu / Maku Vs Ribadu:who Blundered The Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by doncartel: 2:03am On May 16, 2007
Everyone seems to conclude that Nuhu Ribadu of EFCC was the best performer in OBJ's administration. A mixed-up administration with the likes of Tafa Balogun, Prof Borishade, Chris Uba, Jackson Gaius Obaseki, Tony Anenih, and Maurice Iwu working alongside Oby Ezekwesili, Nasir El RUfai, Charles Soludo, Dora Akunyili, Okonjo-Iweala and Ribadu.

Agreed, Ribadu is working hard for Nigeria's greater good and the national future.But i prefer Akunyili.Why?Because she saves numerous lives on a daily basis.Lets be practical.But Ribadu's performance still seems overwhelming given the wider-ranging effects.So what exactly is performance i hear you ask? Well,seems am not too sure.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by smile4kenn(m): 6:46am On May 16, 2007
Akunyili
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by Backslider(m): 9:01am On May 16, 2007
RIBADU AND DORA have done a good Job
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by angel101(f): 9:05am On May 16, 2007
AKUNYILI!! that goes without saying. at least she's not selective in her fight against fake drugs and things. wink
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by doncartel: 10:19am On May 16, 2007
One important thing as angel mentioned,is that there are are countless allegations and counter-allegations against Ribadu.He is selective,he is political,he is biased,he is the gestapo/kgb of nigeria etc etc.I have never heard anything on Akunyili.She is all good and pure.Like a simple old nurse,missionnary or reverend sister like Mother Theresa going about her personal mission of saving people's lives[though she may have tarnished her name in the recent Anambra elections by openly and actively supporting Andy Uba's rigging machine].However,her achievements can be compared to the late saint Theresa.Still we cant forget what Ribadu has done for Nigeria.Most probably a draw
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by McKren(m): 10:25am On May 16, 2007
Frankly if there was any top politician dealing on fake drugs, Dora would have had her fair share of being blackmailed with selectivity.

When Ribadu prosecuted Bank fraudsters, 419ers, oil bunkerers no one complained. But because he went against the biggest thieves in our society the politicians people began to blackmail. I get so disappointed when ordinary Nigerians criticize Ribadu cos I dont understand whose intrest they should protect.

For me there is nothing to choose between Ribadu and Dora. They are both up there.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by angel101(f): 10:39am On May 16, 2007
u're right
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by Bolarge(m): 2:05pm On May 16, 2007
The comparison to me is an outright deviation from what really matters which is that for the very first time the youths of Nigeria have people they can actually look up to;heroes(some perhaps in the making). My list include:
              Donald Duke
                                      Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
                                      Nasir el-Rufai
                                      Nuhu Ribadu
                                      Oby Ezekwesili
                                      Dora Akunyili
                                      Charles Soludo
This list is not in any order of preference.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by DeepSoul(f): 2:11pm On May 16, 2007
Definitely Akunyilli. Even with threats to her life, she forged ahead!

I give it to her jare! Any day any time!
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by angel101(f): 2:11pm On May 16, 2007
who is Oby Ezekwesili?
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by jesusfreak(f): 2:18pm On May 16, 2007
@ angel
where do u live? mars?]

anyway let me help u,

she spots a low cut haristyle, kinda looks like a man so dont get confused when u see her pic grin

she's a pure breed she-male! smart and they call her[b] madam due process[/b]

was the former minister of education. and next world bank vp.

@ topic, both ladies have done very well and shld be commended for their efforts. we cannot compare their successes cos theyre in different aspects of governance. nigeria is lucky to  have pple like them. wink
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by DisGuy: 2:43pm On May 16, 2007
@ topic, both ladies have done very well and shld be commended for their efforts.
are you still talking about ribadu n dora? grin

If dora akunyili had been in charge of the EFCC should would have been accused of the same thing Ribadu is being accused of

Oby didnt do much, probably had little time to implement things. no short term gain mostly long term plans and alot of paperwork

We are now getting better people in. little by little we shall get there grin
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by angel101(f): 3:08pm On May 16, 2007
jesusfreak:

@ angel
where do u live? mars?]

lol. actually yes. would u like to visit? grin
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by jesusfreak(f): 3:14pm On May 16, 2007
@ dis guy

nah i meant dora and oby except u want to call Ribadu a lady grin

@angel
omg! u really stay in mars? can i come? grin
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by tlops(m): 5:05pm On May 16, 2007
Both did well in their capacities but I think Ribadu scored lower (my opinion) by being political in his duties.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by McKren(m): 5:33pm On May 16, 2007
Those who say Ribadu is political should profer solution on how someone fighting financial crimes in political offices can be apolitical.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by fellow(m): 5:46pm On May 16, 2007
well for me i think Ribadu has been a little bit partial when it come to discharging his duties, if he were not why has he not done anything on Alao Akala, Bode George, and a host of other OBJ fringing stooges.
Accepted that its not that easy but if he were a man of integrity he would have resigned like Iweala. I have the notion that She (Iweala) was redeployed cause she wouldn't have allowed illegal withdrawals of money for the prosecution of arms and settlement of touts for the just concluded elections and she was even against the 3rd term debacle.
Largely ribadu has been disappointing.
As for dora, she has been a major source of headache for different people involved in fake drugs and other related offences and i think she has done a good job by tackling the monster and its croonies.

Its Dora all the way
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by fellow(m): 5:48pm On May 16, 2007
http://thenationonlineng.com/dynamicpage.asp?id=19348

That should give you a view of who ribadu is - a lawless young man
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by McKren(m): 5:50pm On May 16, 2007
Ribadu should have resigned like Iweala, what difference will that make for Nigeria.

Since Iweala resigned has her resignation enthrenched what ever it was she stood for?
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by doncartel: 5:53pm On May 16, 2007
Some people still dont believe that Nuhu is a bit political.I think he is.Thats if you look at some well known corrupt people moving wit him and obj while he seems to relish and prefer a meal of opposition politicians out of all other available cuisines.In a more civilized society,he should be a bit less biased and more broad.
Regardless,he has done well.She has also done well and we should promote all who have done well so as to encourage more for the greater good and future of Nigeria.Its fair to say that Akunyili may also not have any choice if given the same job as Nuhu and this country being what it is.You cant really fight your employer's people
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by fellow(m): 6:00pm On May 16, 2007
McKren:

Ribadu should have resigned like Iweala, what difference will that make for Nigeria.

Since Iweala resigned has her resignation enthrenched what ever it was she stood for?

To you it makes no difference but to other people who holds the issue of principle very dear, it makes a whole lot of difference which is why Iweala could still walk tall amongst her peers with her head high and a job well done.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by McKren(m): 6:04pm On May 16, 2007
I have nothing against Iweala or her resignation and have so much respect for her, but the issue is the Nigerian question. If all those who have dignity resign what hope for the ordinary Nigerian, bussiness as usual continues right

For your info Iweala had issues with OBJ which you and I don't know, some say it had to do with Atiku's ambition and for now remains speculations.

But that being said I simply don't understand why an OBJ that wants to destroy Nigeria and loot her black and blue will appoint the likes of Iweala, Ribadu, Dora most times against the wishes of elite politicians.

Maybe Fellow, we need you to explain that to us.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by BigB11(m): 6:13pm On May 16, 2007
Posted by fellow
To you it makes no difference but to other people who holds the issue of principle very dear, it makes a whole lot of difference which is why Iweala could still walk talk amongst her peers with her head high and a job well done.

Excellent point!
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by fellow(m): 6:14pm On May 16, 2007
what we need is a revolution though i am yet to see that man who would take the lead. Every nigerian is concerned about surviving on a day-to-day basis and more about leaning towards the winning party so as to make ends meet.
Except there is a revolution in the land i really do think the question would be left hanging.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by Seun(m): 6:15pm On May 16, 2007
It's not an excellent point because we have all forgotten about Madam Ngozi. Out of sight is out of mind.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by McKren(m): 6:21pm On May 16, 2007
fellow:

what we need is a revolution though i am yet to see that man who would take the lead. Every nigerian is concerned about surviving on a day-to-day basis and more about leaning towards the winning party so as to make ends meet.
Except there is a revolution in the land i really do think the question would be left hanging.

Revolution comes in different ways, all you need to do is recognise it. There is a revolution going on in Nigeria and all you need to do is join and spread the good news. Ribadu is leading a revolution just give him your support.

If my state governor out of fear of Ribadu builds roads, schools, hospitals why should I worry about who has not been dealt with??
If a public official does the right thing he does not need to be in Ribadu's or the President's good books to remain safe. It is that simple.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by Soundmind(m): 6:22pm On May 16, 2007
Dora,
   Dora,
   Dora K'anyi geso,
   O na eje eje m'ona ala ala
   Dora k'anyi geso
  ( Na Dora we go follow, where ever i dey go, Dora we go follow)

Ribadu have done a very good job but i still give it to Dora even without hesitation. She is "Dora The Strong".
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by fellow(m): 6:40pm On May 16, 2007
McKren:

But that being said I simply don't understand why an OBJ that wants to destroy Nigeria and loot her black and blue will appoint the likes of Iweala, Ribadu, Dora most times against the wishes of elite politicians.

Maybe Fellow, we need you to explain that to us.

An insight into a book titled the "48 laws of power" would answer your questions directly but i would try as much as possible to put up an explanation.
The appointment of people with high integrity and people that have a fore knowledge of what their job entails always have a mirror effect on the leader. What do you hear in the news these days "OBJ brought about Debt Cancellation" which leaves Iweala relegated to the background, "OBJ fight against corruption" which is a job nuhu should be credited for.
As a leader, you appoint people to do some jobs for you so that the credit would be giving to you and not to them which was why like i said earlier iwu would be made a scape goat for conducting a flawed election. Or have you forgotten that Mantu bore the grunt of the perceived 3rd Term Project?
All in all, OBJ knows that if he leaves the HAWKS in charge of the economy, they might turn against him and bring him down. (a ready answer is the run-off to the 2003 primaries of the PDP were OBJ was widely reported to have begged Atiku to plead with other governors on his behalf so that they could allow him run for another term).
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by fellow(m): 6:47pm On May 16, 2007
McKren:

Revolution comes in different ways, all you need to do is recognise it. There is a revolution going on in Nigeria and all you need to do is join and spread the good news. Ribadu is leading a revolution just give him your support.

If my state governor out of fear of Ribadu builds roads, schools, hospitals why should I worry about who has not been dealt with??

Tell me the state governor that has built schools, hospitals and others just because of the fear of ribadu? I would rather say its as a result of the fear of OBJ and getting into his good books.
I could recollect ribadu words on Alao Akala and the Godfather of Ibadan himself Adebidu, if your so called revolution leader could take a swipe at them, then why won't he look into the allegations of corruption levelled against them.
Revolution indeed!

McKren:

If a public official does the right thing he does not need to be in Ribadu's or the President's good books to remain safe. It is that simple.
That is if they have done or are doing the right thing, what about those that aint doing nothing and yet are not been prosecuted?
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by McKren(m): 7:07pm On May 16, 2007
@felow

Tell us the allegation Ribadu made against Alao Akala that he has not investigated

He made it very clear that he thinks Ibadan is not meant to be what it is, that he thinks Ibadan which used to be a city reknowned in the whole of west Africa but is no longer what it used to be, meant that there is something wrong somewhere, the leaders of ibadan are obviously not doing something right. That does not translate into allegation or a ground for prosecution. Courts don't do logic, they only listen to facts.

Except you are asking Ribadu to prosecute Alao Akala on the premise that Ibadan is not beautiful. He has said he is investigating Oyo State government and you must remain patient for him to conclude his investigation or furnish him with facts that will lead to prosecution of Akala if you have one. grin grin grin grin
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by degoat: 9:01pm On May 16, 2007
Ribadu was the man, but he fell from the top. Too many mistakes, too many unfinished project and clearly selective

My vote goes to Akunyili
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by champredd(m): 9:04pm On May 16, 2007
The reason why Akunyili has not been attacked verbally is that her job is less political than Ribadu and always remember that she had been shot once and her survival is a miracle. So she has done a real good job (she has taken bullet(s) for the nation).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency / Heavy Jubilation In Portharcourt In Celebration Of End Of Amaechi's Era In Pdp. / Peter Okoye Reacts To National Assembly drama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.