Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,636 members, 7,972,361 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 09:48 AM

Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? (3888 Views)

Poll: Dora Akunyili Versus Nuhu Ridadu

Dora Akunyili Of NAFDAC performed better: 82% (65 votes)
Nuhu Ribadu of EFCC performed better: 17% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Prof Osinbajo Vs Pastor Tunde Bakare, Who Could Have Performed Better? / Fashola Performed Better Than I Did – Tinubu / Maku Vs Ribadu:who Blundered The Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by doncartel: 11:38am On May 21, 2007
its truly dora all d way.hope she retains her job or even gets something higher.as for nuhu,he should b made police aig in charge of road checkpoints cus we still need some work in that area lol
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by McKren(m): 12:20pm On May 21, 2007
I have nothing against what people think of Dora, but when I read what people have to write about Ribadu it reminds me only of a certain quote in Tony Blair's departure speech which reads

, And, in time, you realise putting the country first doesn't mean doing the right thing according to conventional wisdom or the prevailing consensus or the latest snapshot of opinion.

It means doing what you genuinely believe to be right.

Your duty is to act according to your conviction,

The police and judiciary put together has not since the history of this country achieved what the EFCC under Ribadu has achieved.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by alarinka(m): 11:14am On May 25, 2007
, nuhu started well but lost steam towards the end, dora was consistent all through, chikena!!!
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by rossy4life(f): 4:22pm On May 25, 2007
i tell u what, Ribadu was potically motivated in whatever he did during Obasanjo and atiku war, while akunyili is a star and an example of a good leader. if she becomes a president, Nigeria will be purged of corruption, and never remain the same.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by docokwy(m): 4:39pm On May 25, 2007
Are there no Yoruba minister performers in Nigeria Poor them, for their notorious ''anything goes'' culture
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by tng(f): 4:56pm On May 25, 2007
Its Dora all the way.I agree with fellow who said Nuhu should have resigned when he realised his work was being interfered with.Of recent,NAFDAC closed down Dangote flour mills because their product DANVITA didnt have Vit A and the company was potraying to the consuming public that it had it. This is a company that is owned by someone in govts very good books but they discharged their duties without fear or favour.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by doncartel: 6:03pm On May 25, 2007
dangote is very close to both obasanjo and yaradua and also their major donor.dora's principled action on some of his fake products has proved that she truly is unbiased.nuhu could take some lessons from her
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by RichDad1(m): 1:22pm On May 28, 2007
Assuming we are recovering loots ,going after the fraudsters and our people keep dying of fake drugs and other health hazards,so how useful is the recoverd funds?
Think about it cool
As for me i give it to Dora anyday anytime.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by McKren(m): 6:59am On May 30, 2007
Retired Police Officers mobilize against Nuhu Ribadu as IG

Last View on Wed 30th May, 2007
Last Modified on Fri 25th May, 2007 9:24:59 pm
Author: Admin Sahara

Retired Police chiefs and top members of the PDP are currently piling pressures on the Umar Musa Yar'adua the so-called president -elect not to appoint Mr. Nuhu Ribadu, the current EFCC chairman as the new Inspector General of Police come May 29 2007.

Though they are openly opposed to Nuhu Ribadu for various reasons which include claims that Nuhu Ribadu has not attended management level courses at the War college and NIPSS at Kuru Jos, Saharareporters investigators have found out that the main force behind the retired police officers is retired General Ibrahim Babangida who was said to be deeply hurt by the way Nuhu Ribadu rubbished him and his first son, Mohammed, even though the EFCC did not prosecute both father and son despite huge evidence of corruption against them.

Already, IBB is said to have given Nuhu Ribadu's sack as the main condition for supporting Umar Yar'ardua in the new government that will be ushered in if the results of theseriously flawed elections hold.

The retired police officers are said to be united by the fear that an overzealous Nuhu Ribadu as IG will cut off their current means of livelihood which involves getting paid hefty sums for bailing out high level criminals out of police custody. Some of those involved in the type of "consultancy jobs" typically gets paid huge sums to intervene with the IG to get armed robbers, hired assasins, scammers and other serious criminals out of police custody.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by blakthot(m): 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2007
There are times in history of a country that the rule of law must be enforced through gestapo and KGB style of policng. Ribadu certainly was not given the power to do his job, i wish he had .In these days people are blinded by so called freedom of expression, so express yourselves with blinded prejudice.But nigeria needs order to progress in every aspect , and the only way to archieve these are through people like Akunyili and Ribadu.They are both great people and great nigerians
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by denex: 1:42pm On Jul 08, 2007
Saharareporters again?
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by blakthot(m): 8:27am On Jul 09, 2007
At least they provide us with an alternative view, why not visit them www.saharareporters.com
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by Aneef(m): 10:44am On Jul 09, 2007
I think rating the two will not be good without considering the level at which they both operate.Theirs is no level of comparison with the level of their operation cos ones is dealing with a chronic disease(CORRUPTION) which has to do with the POWER THAT BE,be it at federal,state&local and in which theirs is no way HE IS INDEPEDENT whereas the other is dealing with a CLIQUE who are strictly BUSINESS MOGULS out their to reap off people and somehow INDEPENDENT.
So,to me the two are great NIGERIANS.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by Mariory(m): 10:49am On Jul 09, 2007
Aneef:

I think rating the two will not be good without considering the level at which they both operate.Theirs is no level of comparison with the level of their operation because ones is dealing with a chronic disease(CORRUPTION) which has to do with the POWER THAT BE,be it at federal,state&local and in which theirs is no way HE IS INDEPEDENT whereas the other is dealing with a CLIQUE who are strictly BUSINESS MOGULS out their to reap off people and somehow INDEPENDENT.
So,to me the two are great NIGERIANS.

Thank you. Simple, factual, and straight to the point.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by uchetobi(f): 11:08am On Jul 09, 2007
Both of them did a fantastic job in their own fields which is not remotely related
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by Beline(f): 11:51am On Jul 09, 2007
Dora Akunyili performed better than Ribadu because she was not political in her action unlike that of Ribadu. so she carried the gold
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by DisGuy: 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2007
Beline:

Dora Akunyili performed better than Ribadu because she was not political in her action unlike that of Ribadu. so she carried the gold

she couldnt be wink
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by olivegirl(f): 6:57pm On Jul 17, 2007
to me both play dynamic roles bt to think of it akunyili is de boom
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by raphillo: 3:20am On Jul 18, 2007
no doubt both of them did very well but i prefer Dora Akuyili because she is not biase and she is not selective.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by Harlex(m): 5:29am On Jul 18, 2007
akunyili
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by abohrandy: 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2007
both did a good job but ribadu (as i heard) was silenced by some pdp officials esp after they help umaru to get to aso villa. so they asked umaru to curb his wings so that he could maintain where he is. n one of the former governors ibori is on of the guys who is heading that suff against ribadu
poor guy
i read all these from one "national standard" magazine.
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 30, 2007
in my humble opinion. its a DRAW
Re: Akunyili Or Ribadu: Who Performed Better? by Nezan(m): 6:38pm On Jun 29, 2009
Dora did well grin grin
Ribadu was used by politicians angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Arrest 7 Doctors For Protesting Colleague’s Abduction / Where Is Gwoza Sef?” Jonathan Asks At Meeting With Emir / We’ll Deliver Kano’s Five Million Votes To Buhari — Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.