Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,913 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:37 AM

Room 19!!!-Pray before you click - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Room 19!!!-Pray before you click (394 Views)

Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House / Try Not To Laugh - COVID-19 Pray Remix Jams / Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Room 19!!!-Pray before you click by MRAKPORS(m): 11:36pm On Aug 28, 2019
TammieFormer Jehovah's Witness Pioneer
Raised by Jehovah’s Witness parents (her father an elder), Tammie was confident she was in the only true religion. Pioneering in her 30’s (spending at least 90 hours per month), she reported an average of 10 “Bible studies” and placed 100’s of Watchtower magazines and books monthly. As a skilled debator, Tammie gave frequent “talks” and “demonstrations” at Theocratic Ministry School from age 7. She was considered the model “Witness” by her family and friends, until the conditional love she had embraced failed and everything in her life fell apart. Only in Christ, did Tammie find what she had been looking for.

Anne Marie Disfellowshipped
You might have seen her in the Kingdom Hall. You know that young, pretty sister with “all those kids.” The one who struggled to raise her children “in the truth” alone. The one who was rarely considered as “wife material” because she was “damaged goods.” Disfellowshipped for being raped, Anne Marie finally felt free… How could this be? Had she not been taught since age five that the Watchtower organization was “the Truth”? Finally, she found the real truth behind “the truth” and found joy in Christ that she had longed for all her life.

Gloria5th Generation Jehovah's Witness
She was a fifth generation Jehovah’s Witness. Her history with the Watchtower goes back over 100 years to the time of her great grandmother. Her family followed the teaching of Russell and became special pioneers, putting in 150 hours a month in door to door ministry, traveling from town to town in the Midwest and showing his photodrama of creation. Gloria did not leave the Watchtower because she found out the organization was wrong. She left because she was looking for the REAL Jesus.

Trish Former Jehovah's Witness of 42 years
Born and raised Jehovah’s Witness for 42 years, she experienced first-hand the hypocrisy that exists in the legalistic environment of the Watchtower organization. After suffering years of abuse in her Jehovah’s Witness marriage and failing to live up to every expectation of the Watchtower, Trish divorced her JW husband, telling him that he could have custody of the religion, and she was keeping the kids! Living in limbo with no religious affiliation to claim, God in His mercy and grace opened Trish’s eyes to the Truth of Who Jesus really is! Surrendering all to Him, she found the peace and joy she had been looking for all her life, and He even blessed her with a gentle and loving Christian husband to care for her.

Stephen Raised Jehovah's Witness

Born and raised Jehovah’s Witness, Stephen was tired of being “different” from the rest of the kids at school. Acting out at school and rebelling at home, Stephen was kicked out of the house and disfellowshipped from the Kingdom Hall at 18 years of age. Losing his Jehovah’s Witness family, he turned to drugs, sex and alcohol, had 2 children out of wedlock, one dying from SIDS before he was 21 years of age. Divorced and remarried at 25, Stephen was reinstated as a Witness, but continued to engage in sinful behavior behind the “Brothers’” backs. Life was a mess and he knew he needed God in his life, so he turned to Jesus Christ and found unexplainable joy and peace!

Julie Our Ex-Jehovah's Witness Meetup Coordinator

As a convert to Jehovah’s Witnesses, Julie believed she had found “the Truth,” but when she was mocked for reporting a “wolf” in sheep’s clothing in the congregation and told that “those verses” about wolves were “only for first century” Christians, not for Jehovah’s Organization today, she knew something was desperately wrong! At that instance when Julie saw the way elders are trained to cover-up their failures to make the organization look good, her faith in the Society was broken. She was “disfellowshipped” for “apostasy” when she refused to trust the organization over Jesus as her ONLY mediator, and today, Julie is freely serving the REAL God in joy and truth!

Melissa BHurting to Healing with Melissa

Twice a month, Melissa shares her experiences leaving the Jehovah’s Witness religion after being raised in the Watchtower. Her “Hurting to Healing” broadcast on Blogtalk’s Healing X Outreach channel offers hope to those going through the process of leaving Jehovah’s Witnesses and reaching loved-ones still involved in this religion.

PamMaking of a Misfit - Pam felt rejection in Jehovah's Witnesses - Now out and loved by Christ
Growing up as a Jehovah’s Witness in a broken home, all Pam ever knew was rejection. An absent father, a distraught mother who said she “regretted” the day she was born, disfellowshiped, Pam felt alone and that even God had rejected her! No one seemed to care, and what’s worse, Armageddon was due to come in 1975. She sought reinstatement, but the shunning was too much for her. When the end didn’t come, she wondered what else they had lied to her about. Pam thought, “I need to find out the truth!” In 1978, Pam found true salvation in Jesus and began a clown ministry. God took the little girl who was never allowed to celebrate anything and made her into a clown who gets to celebrate everything all the time!

ChrisRaised Jehovah's Witness - Found life outside

Growing up as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, Chris aspired to serve at the Canadian Watchtower Branch headquarters, but in an attempt to solidify his faith as a devout Jehovah’s Witness, Chris researched the history and doctrines of the Watchtower only to find major discrepancies between the Society’s claims and the Bible. Loosing his family and the only friends he had to the Watchtower, where was he to go? Through the help of TRUE Christian friends, Chris found love, acceptance and eternal assurance in Christ.

JasonHow God Rescued Me and My Family
The Watchtower theology of living forever on earth was most appealing to Jason. He and his wife Jenny were baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses in 1994 and proceeded to raise their four children in the strict treadmill of Watchtower activity. Witnessing many injustices meted out by the elders upon congregation members, Jason and Jenny began to see the absolute control the organization has over its members. In the midst of the pressure, Jason pondered Jesus’ words at Matthew 11:28 and asked, “What is wrong with me? I don’t feel this refreshment that Jesus promised.” Seeking answers, they turned to the Bible and the testimonies of Ex-Witnesses. Finding true freedom in Christ, Jason, Jenny and their four children are now free at last!

AshtonRaised 3rd generation Jehovah's Witness
She was born and raised a third generation Jehovah’s Witness. Her adoptive father was an elder for 17 years and her mother was considered one of the anointed. She went door-to-door full time, but to get out of an abusive situation in her home, at 23 years old, she moved in with her boyfriend and was disfellowshipped. Lost and lonely, she turned to the Word of God and found the “Truth” in a personal relationship with Jesus.

CarleneFormer Jehovah's Witness of 20 years
Growing up in a Christian home, Carlene enjoyed reading the Bible but was spiritually hungry because her questions were not being answered at her home church. When the Jehovah’s Witnesses seemed to have a answer for every question she had, she and her husband were baptized. Serving the Watchtower organization for over 20 years before Christ opened her eyes, she now has a heart to help others on their way out

ChristineDavid's wife and former Jehovah's Witness pioneer
Despite the sexual abuse and lack of love and acceptance she experienced when she was growing up in the Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christine still believed that the Jehovah’s Witness religion was “the Truth” and served as a Regular Pioneer. But deep inside, she felt unworthy, guilty and fearful of what would happen to her at Armageddon. Finally, she cried out in desperation: “Jesus said, ‘Take my load for it is kindly and light,’ but Jehovah it’s not light! It’s more like concrete!” When God opened her eyes to Jesus her true Shepherd, she found the love, grace and security she had longed for all her life.

DavidChristine's husband and Former Jehovah's Witness elder involved 49 years in the Watchtower
Raised as a Jehovah’s Witness in England and spending 49 years as a Watchtower captive, David and his wife Christine left to find true freedom in Christ. Going where the “need was great,” David had served in a number of leadership capacities within the organisation, only to find his efforts rewarded with unjustified shunning and a genuine “lack of love” among the “brothers” and “sisters” of the congregation. Only in a personal relationship with the Jesus, did David and his wife find what they had been longing for all their lives.

DanRaised Jehovah's Witness, our phone support person
I was raised as a Jehovah’s Witness, but I never felt like I fit in at the Kingdom Hall. In 2008, as I was in the process of working to gain acceptance by the Jehovah’s Witnesses, my brother and sister who had left Jehovah’s Witnesses before me, began to reach out to me in love, using the resources on this website. I soon gave my life to Christ and was then able to lead my wife Kaci to Christ as well. Now my walk with Jesus is so great. I love my Savior!

KevinFormer Jehovah's Witness Out of Homosexuality and Saved in Christ
At a young age, Kevin knew he was different from other boys. When his mother called him a “BEAST” and tried to kill him, his feelings of rejection were confirmed. “Where are these homosexual feelings coming from? Was I born this way?” Kevin wondered. Seeking help from a Jehovah’s Witness elder, he was given a Watchtower book to read to fix his feelings, but nothing worked! After 15 years of gay relationships with over 100 men, Kevin cried out to God for deliverance and experienced the supernatural, life-transforming power of Jesus Christ’s forgiveness that healed him from homosexuality and freed him from the deception of Jehovah’s Witness ideology.

GraceLeft Jehovah's Witnesses over the false 1914 doctrine
For 25 Years, Grace thought she was serving the only TRUE God – Jehovah, but when Watchtower leaders made it mandatory for all followers to believe in 1914 as the date of Christ’s presence, Grace was “kicked” out of the “Ark” (Watchtower organization) because she could not accept this doctrine. She was devastated! But God had not left her. He picked her up and brought her to Jesus–the Way, the TRUTH, and the Life!

NancyHow The Watchtower’s Policy On No Blood Transfusions Impacted My Family
Her husband Kurt was only 32 years old, in excellent health and the father of four children, when a work-related accident burned 75% of his body. For five weeks as his red blood count dropped from the average 48% to only 5%, he struggled to survive in the hospital burn unit without the needed blood transfusion to carry oxygen to his organs. Doctors and medical reports confirm that he would have survived if he had received the transfusion. Was his death in vain?

FrankLeft the legalism of the Watchtower for Spirit-led Grace
Raised as a Jehovah’s Witness, Frank questioned the rigid legalism and hypocrisy he witnessed in the Watchtower organization. As he sought to perform according to Watchtower standards, he felt as though he was serving man. Thanks to the conviction of the Holy Spirit and the loving support of Christian family members outside of the Watchtower, Frank found the REAL Jesus and is experiencing true spiritual freedom daily in the Word of God.

PattyLeft 24 years in the Watchtower to find peace and joy in Jesus
Patty was Born and raised as a Christian but was never grounded in the Word of God. This left her vulnerable to the deceptive doctrines of the Watchtower. For twenty-four years, she labored heartily for the organization, but nothing could shake the dreadful feeling of not being “good enough” for Jehovah. In desperation, Patty left Jehovah’s Witnesses to find true peace, joy and security in Jesus.

DougEx-Jehovah's Witness overcame sin through God's power
Born and raised one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, Doug fell away from the organization as he could not live up to its standards. In desperation, he cried out to God. There were just so many religions that he didn’t know where to turn. Finally, he found hope in Jesus and supernatural strength to overcome his struggles in the grace and power of the Holy Spirit.

TressaDisfellowshipped for divorcing her abusive Jehovah's Witness husband, Tressa worked hard to be reinstated but God intervened with His Truth.
Growing up in a Catholic home, all Tressa wanted was for someone to teach her the Bible. So, when Jehovah’s Witnesses knocked on her door, she thought it an answer to her prayers and raised her five children in the organization. Disfellowshipped for divorcing her abusive husband, Tressa was working hard to be reinstated when Jesus found her!

BettyShunned for asking questions, Betty left the Watchtower for Jesus
Hungry for spiritual answers when the Jehovah’s Witnesses in her extended family convinced her that they had “the Truth,” she studied for four years and was baptized. Once inside the organization, she began to feel unloved and unaccepted. Why? Was it because she found inconsistencies in the Jehovah’s Witness doctrine and had questions the elders couldn’t answer? Why was everyone ignoring and shunning her? Lost, hurt, lonely and confused, she struggled, “Where do I go? There is no other place for me to go!” Serving God alone was NOT an option! Finally, Betty turned to Jehovah and asked Him where He wanted her to go. It was then, with the conviction of the Holy Spirit and the help of loving Christian friends, that Jehovah led her to the real TRUTH – Jesus Himself.

DennisFear of Armageddon led him out of the Watchtower
Growing up as a Jehovah’s Witness, the biggest fear that drove Dennis to conform to Watchtower standards was the fear that God’s battle of “Armageddon” would come and destroy him if he wasn’t faithful enough. Years of striving to make himself acceptable to God and serving in many leadership roles in the organization left Dennis feeling like a hypocrite. His conscience simply would not permit him to support the unloving policies he was witnessing in the Watchtower organization. How could he continue to wear the façade of being a loyal Jehovah’s Witness when he was not one in his heart? Leaving his leadership position in the Watchtower, Dennis turned to God and found true love in a Christian community where people are accepted, not because of their performance, but because of the ransom sacrifice Jesus Christ applied to all who place their trust in Him alone for eternal life.

AmberMissing the sense of security in the Watchtower, she sought where to go and found Christ.
Out of the Jehovah’s Witness religion, Amber sensed something was wrong, yet she missed the sense of security she had as a Witness. “I need to go back to church, but where do I go?” Amber prayed. She talked to others about their beliefs and began researching the differences between Jehovah’s Witness doctrine and Biblical Christianity. As the Holy Spirit is guiding her into His truth, she is feeling God’s love and protection and is filled with excitement, faith, and happiness.

ReneeGrowing up as a Jehovah's Witness was not easy for her.
Growing up as a Jehovah’s Witness was not easy for Renee as she was hated by her small town peers and had no friends. Marrying a Jehovah’s Witness man and engaging in full-time door-to-door activity, Renee worked hard for Jehovah God’s approval only to find her dreams dashed to pieces when her Jehovah’s Witness husband left her for another man and the Watchtower responded by disfellowshipping her along with her ex-husband on “hearsay” accusations alone! “How could You do this to me?” Renee cried out to God. His answer came in the most unexpected way. She now glorifies God for the marvelous way He freed her in Christ!

HazelGrowing up in an abusive Jehovah's Witness home, Hazel found the truth on the Internet.
In the midst of an abusive home life, the Jehovah’s Witness message of a promised paradise earth gave Hazel hope that maybe Jehovah really did care about her, but as her activities in the Watchtower increased, so did the abuse at home. Believing she was being persecuted for “righteousness sake,” Hazel turned to Internet chat rooms for support. The Christian friends she met on the Internet challenged her faith and as she began to question what she had been taught, Hazel found her Jehovah’s Witness friends unable to answer her questions from the Bible. This is when God got a hold of her heart and she learned what salvation in the grace of Jesus Christ is all about.

Frank MGrowing up with family members who were Jehovah's Witness pedophiles, he couldn't wait to leave this religion.
Growing up in a perverse family of pedophiles, Frank’s Jehovah’s Witness childhood was riddled with sex abuse and spiritual confusion. As a child, Frank had dreams of pleasing Jehovah and ruling with Christ, but these dreams were quickly squelched by rejection from his father and the religious hypocrisy he experienced in the Jehovah’s Witnesses. By nineteen, Frank had enough, and he left the organization. Although Frank’s spiritual journey is far from complete, he is happy to be free from the dictates of religious oppression in the Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Over to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Room 19!!!-Pray before you click by MRAKPORS(m): 10:08am On Aug 29, 2019
Seek Jesus
Re: Room 19!!!-Pray before you click by Janosky: 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2019
MRAKPORS:
Seek Jesus

https://www.nairaland.com/5299540/she-witch

Okokobioko !!!!!!!

Fake Christian....
Which Jesus you dey seek where Fornication be your sports ?
Professional fornicator dey bash JWs....

wetin Musa no go see for gate...
Re: Room 19!!!-Pray before you click by Preciousgirl(f): 12:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
Janosky:

https://www.nairaland.com/5299540/she-witch

Okokobioko !!!!!!!

Fake Christian....
Which Jesus you dey seek where Fornication be your sports ?
Professional fornicator dey bash JWs....

wetin Musa no go see for gate...

Holier than thou, brainwashed Jehovah witness agent of satan
Re: Room 19!!!-Pray before you click by rosy1992(f): 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2019
I have come in contact with few jw members. I still can't fathom what inspires their strange doctrine. But I'm certain of one thing that Jesus Christ is the key to eternal life.

1 Like

Re: Room 19!!!-Pray before you click by Janosky: 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2019
Preciousgirl:

Holier than thou, brainwashed Jehovah witness agent of satan

Very idiotic post.
Birds of a feather must flock together.
You're not different from him anyway in that aspect (you know what I mean), I'm not surprised.

Mumu Pharisee,in your copy of the Bible, What fellowship does Jehovah have with Satan?
Re: Room 19!!!-Pray before you click by MRAKPORS(m): 6:30pm On Sep 29, 2019
rosy1992:
I have come in contact with few jw members. I still can't fathom what inspires their strange doctrine. But I'm certain of one thing that Jesus Christ is the key to eternal life.

hmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Rccg September 2019 Divine Encounter With Pastor E.A Adeboye / I Repent For Criticizing TB Joshua, Other Ministers – Reno Omokri Opens Up / Defending Islam From What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.