Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,662 members, 7,979,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 03:40 AM

FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi (13456 Views)

FG To Commission 30,000 CNG-Powered Vehicles In 90 Days / FG Discloses Locations For Free Conversion Of Diesel-powered Vehicles To CNG / Ugwuanyi Receives Solar-Powered Automated Sanitizer Dispenser From IMT (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by anonimi: 8:16am On Aug 30, 2019
cnwamo:
i doubt this happening in the next 4 years, even the more developed countries haven't fully implemented solar vehicles.

Your doubt is well placed.
Have you seen the passengers carried by his phantom Lagos - Ibadan railways or rather Iju - Abeokuta, which he launched with plenty fanfare before elections and promised three months free ride
Barawo bubu and his cabal of 40 thieves are fraudulent rogues.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6325012_images48_jpeg_jpeg2f05b9c333d1f49ddf88bd372e483853

2 Likes

Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by DevilhimseIf: 8:20am On Aug 30, 2019
Simplyleo:

Na you be oga na. cool

We will talk in private later
ok bro
I'm waiting cool
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by wink2015(m): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2019
FG to launch solar-powered vehicles – Amaechi

Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, Thursday declared federal government’s plan to introduce solar-powered vehicles as well as vehicles capable of driving on water.

This is even as the minister said the Federal Executive Council has given a nod of approval of checkmating emissions from vehicles in the country owing to the resultant health implication for the people.

Amaechi who was represented by the Director, Mass Transit and Road Transport in the Ministry, Dr Anthonia Ekpa at the 9th quadrennial delegates conference of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, NURTW, added that the ministry will stop at nothing to implement government’s directive on the reduction of pollutants across the country.

“Government has given the Ministry of Transportation a mandate to deliver on emission control, the reduction of a pollutant from vehicles and we are beginning that immediately.

“The federal ministry of Transportation has introduced in the 2018/2019 budget what we called the solar-powered vehicles and this is coming to you. We have also introduced vehicles that can drive on water and land.

“One of the challenges that the Ministry has observed is that safety is a priority and the Ministry wants you to collaborate with it and the Federal Road Safety Commission to ensure that road safety is a priority and apply the code and norms to ensure safety on our roads,” Amaechi said.

Declaring the conference open, Secretary to the Government of the federation, Boss Mustapha lauded the union for their contribution to the success of the 2019 election even as he tasked the new leadership to build on the successes of its predecessor.

Represented by the Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Senator Tayo Alaosuadura, the SGF told the union that the federal was putting in place, policies and programmes aimed at ensuring road safety at all times.

“As pioneers in transport unionism, it is heartwarming to know that your union has so far followed a healthy part in changing its leadership at all levels without rancour. I wish to also acknowledge the enormous contribution of NURTW to our national development especially in providing employment to our teeming youths, sensitizing commercial drivers on safety and organizing other vehicular activities in our motor parks across the country.

“The union has also fought poverty by providing loans to small and medium transport operators which are second to none. I am glad to inform you that the government is doing all that is necessary to give policy direction and guideline as well as provide a conducive environment for the transport industry to smoothly operate and thrive.

“You will observe that the Muhammadu Buhari administration has invested so much on road construction and rehabilitation across the country. This effort is to reposition the transportation sector for inclusive socio-economic development, peace and security of the country.

“I want to also assure that this administration will continue to commit a reasonable chunk of our income to save, smooth world-class road network. You are also enjoined to partner with the Federal Roads Safety Commission in ensuring that all drivers obey road signs and regulation as this will bring safety to all road users.

“I want to assure you that the President has continued to strengthen the unity of trade unions through constant consultation and collaboration. Let me use the opportunity to express Mr President’s appreciation for the role the Road Transport Union played in the successes of the 2019 general elections,” he stated
On his part, President of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Comrade Ayuba Wabba commended the leadership of the union for their sense of togetherness, adding that in the past few years, the union has been contributing meaningfully to the nation’s Gross Domestic Product, GDP.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/fg-to-launch-solar-powered-vehicles-amaechi/

POLITICIANS IN NIGERIA AND THEIR ANTICS !

Have the federal government invested in research centres that will serve as a knowledge centre to execute this scientific vision.

Empty talk !

1 Like

Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by Passovile: 8:28am On Aug 30, 2019
Alaniyiokorausa:
Foolish politicians and crazy supporters they will end up killing the refineries and stop maintain the roads after all the motor uses solar and can fly on potholes with water.
The first problem is that you even believe that scrap

1 Like

Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by immaq8(f): 8:32am On Aug 30, 2019
kudos to Mr. Common sense.
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by PapaNnamdi: 8:33am On Aug 30, 2019
SmellingAnus:
The man may be very rude at least he is one of the best Ministers in this present terrible Government... Apart from the fact that he did very well as a Governor ...
speak for yourself oga, best minister bawo?

1 Like

Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by Duggedised12(f): 8:35am On Aug 30, 2019
Miss placed priorities, these people in corridors of power are so out of touch with the needs of the people the claim to be leading,smh undecided

1 Like

Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by renewable1(m): 8:40am On Aug 30, 2019
Amaechi let's work hand in hand Biko.. I'm more than competent.
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by Temptee101(m): 8:54am On Aug 30, 2019
Foolish talk

Common electricity is a taboo in this country yet this goat is talking about solar cars

I honestly regret being a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by Originalsly: 9:03am On Aug 30, 2019
Hmmm...... solar powered vehicles may be available in Europe to prepaid customers in 2021....US$135 K each.
I don't know why....... but when I hear such speeches by public officials.... jungle justice comes to mind.
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by Foxflames: 9:09am On Aug 30, 2019
Hahah.. Fairy tales.
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by Maziyk: 9:16am On Aug 30, 2019
This is a proof that this government is for joke, no seriousness in them at all
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by lilytender: 9:24am On Aug 30, 2019
PapaNnamdi:
dunno if it's just me,
seeing this man's face gets me angry,

he looks like someone who doesn't care about anyone but himself,

never met him,
buh I can bet he is egocentric as f*uck

You go die of hypertension.
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by omanzo02: 9:44am On Aug 30, 2019
Amaechi in just ignorant or playing to the gallery, for clarity: 1. Advanced countries that developed solar vehicles haven't allowed use of solar vehicle for commercial or personal use, 2. Solar vehicles, plane, ships etc are still being test-run at this stage, 3. Nigeria do not have a solar vehicle development company or institution at this point, 4. No sane country will sell nor give away their invention in development, 5. 99.9%of Nigerians can't afford electric car/vehicles that run on batteries, 6. Apart from big commercial busses/lorries no smaller vehicle run on water in larger quantity and the technology is way beyond Nigeria, 7. AMAECHI is a liar
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by FarahAideed: 9:48am On Aug 30, 2019
Simplyleo:

Na you be oga na. cool

We will talk in private later

Stop giving these people money to buy their conscience please
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by don3e(m): 9:57am On Aug 30, 2019
I THINK THE FG SHOULD FOCUS ON MAKING OUR REFINERIES WORK. WE NEED WHOLISTIC APPROACH ON THE PRODUCTION OF PETROLEUM PRODUCT HERE IN NIGERIA. IF WE GET THIS RIGHT, SURE POWER WILL BE NEXT WHICH WILL THEN LEAD TO INDUSTRIALISATION. NOT BELIEVING ON IMPORTATION OF ONE SOLAR VECHICLES. WHEN WE GET THERE WE WILL KNOW BUT FOR NOW LETS IMPROVE ON WHAT WE CAN
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by JeffreyLiaison(m): 9:59am On Aug 30, 2019
Same thing they said for rail transport, 24hrs light and many others, stupid government
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by DedeNkem: 10:02am On Aug 30, 2019
Another displaced priority. Is electric car more important than having Solar power grids all over the country to power communities, cities and States?

We have epileptic electricity, bad roads, crumbling infrastructures, no pipe-borne water and security problems! The other day, government announced it will start selling electricity to other neighbouring countries (Benin Republic wasn't enough), while Nigerians hard enjoy electricity! How is that rational?

What is wrong with the so-called "leaders"? Is this some kind of mental disease or what? They always travel abroad and yet they don't want to replicate the good things they enjoy there, here!

We have serious problems and these id*iots keep chasing shadows in order to loot more public funds!!
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by Orlu15(m): 10:03am On Aug 30, 2019
Alaniyiokorausa:
Foolish politicians and crazy supporters they will end up killing the refineries and stop maintain the roads after all the motor uses solar and can fly on potholes with water.
Don't mind them bunch of criminals!
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by Emilycp(m): 10:05am On Aug 30, 2019
ijustdey:

FG to launch solar-powered vehicles – Amaechi

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/fg-to-launch-solar-powered-vehicles-amaechi/

this vehicles would they be given to citizens or for what use?
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by Simplyleo: 10:05am On Aug 30, 2019
[s]
FarahAideed:

Stop giving these people money to buy their conscience please
[/s]
Should I tell you why you typed this crap? You think nairaland is a place where the politics of Nigeria is decided and can be influenced by one man, the more reason you now permanently reside on the site thinking you can bring back the days where people illicitly become "men" through loopholes.

And fyi, the guy in question has nothing to do with me in terms of finances.

But if my memory serves me right, I recall you claimed to be "mobilising" people to get registered and vote out the "dullard". We all know how people are "mobilised" for election in this country.

Also, note, I'm not even a govt staff, not to talk of working either directly or indirectly with any political agency.

You are however entitled to your opinion but that doesn't change the reality on ground either in the political space or my person.

1 Like

Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by BizBayo: 10:11am On Aug 30, 2019
lexyman:
And instead of them to embrace what Mr Ben Bruce proposed , they took it in another dimension ... cunny government ....

That day, I was watching the plenary on T.V, I had to curse those that opposed what Ben Bruce proposed. They were too daft.
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by Cargoed: 10:15am On Aug 30, 2019
He should tell the national assembly this and not to take a bow and go. Then come to motor pack and intimidate illitrates. Talking of Solar no country in the world uses Solar cars. This still a university research and he should address lecturers not motor park touts.
In the Issue of Pollution as transport mininister he should re-introduce compulsory mot vehicle testing including highway testing and prosecution.
Trucks must be the first culprits.
The Easiest way to introduce Electric vehicles (Not Solar) is Gas to power (charging stations) in filling stations. All these are private driven govt should concentrate on legislation. Uk has banned all diesel vehicles by 2030. So whether Nigeria likes it or not in the Next 15yrs 70% new vehicles entering Nigeria will be Electric.
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by FarahAideed: 10:37am On Aug 30, 2019
Ok oo
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by Simplyleo: 10:44am On Aug 30, 2019
[s]
FarahAideed:

Yes I really mobilised people and at some point I personally ran a 10 point counter mini media centre to make sure the Dullard is exposed for who he is but I underestimated Buharis die hard brazeness to rig the election at all cost and overestimated the ability of of Atikus parallel collation which was supposed to make sure he got the real results from all polling centres . I swear to God Buhari never won that election. I know the Judiciary will never give Atiku Justice but God dey ... Meanwhile I know it's because of money they are calling you Oga Leo

[/s]
Trash and balderdash.

So your god actually failed you? That must be a very lame god that can't do nadda. And what makes you think your permanent residence on nairaland can do jack when your god can't?

Oh, they call me oga because of my monthly 30k bmc allowance? Niggah, you have serious issues too difficult to say in public.

1 Like

Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by mindtricks: 10:47am On Aug 30, 2019
Wonder how a baby will walk without first crawling and standing.
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by Nigeriadondie: 11:35am On Aug 30, 2019
StrikeBack:
Manufacturing?? Yes!
Same way we manufacture everything we use presently
I will respond later today please
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by PapaNnamdi: 12:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
lilytender:

You go die of hypertension.
ur fada will die of hypertension
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by kblacko1: 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
hmmmm ok we Don hear
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by niyidenrele: 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2019
Alaniyiokorausa:
negative thinking, pessimist spoted
Re: FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi by Emmanuel226(m): 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2019
lexy2014:

So how are u going to shock d world?
we are gonna be d first to fully launch, solar powered vehicles cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced / President Buhari Cancels This Week's Federal Executive Council Meeting / Ortom: FG’s Silence On Insecurity A Continuation Of 1804 Jihadist Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.