Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:54 PM

Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m (22230 Views)

Police Declare 9 Bankers Wanted For Stealing Customers’ Deposits Of N900m / SARS Beat Man To Death, After Officer's Girlfriend Accused Him Of Stealing Phone / Corper Accused Of Stealing Chicken Flogged With Rods & Cutlass (Disturbing Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by nwakibie3(m): 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2019
A 34-year-old banker, Ramon Rilwon-Olayiwola

I am only here to check name and not disappointed because I knw it will definitely be them.

AFONJA... tufia
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by 0luwasean(m): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2019
nifemi25:
Inside life. Nigga will just pay 5 million from the 11 million he stole . He go give his lawyer 1 million. Last last nigga still get 5 million to use start his own life.

You don't know nothing!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by LZAA: 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2019
Nbote:
SimplyLeo com and see anoda IPOB has been caught for fraud ooo
grin

1 Like

Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by tomju(m): 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2019
nifemi25:
Inside life. Nigga will just pay 5 million from the 11 million he stole . He go give his lawyer 1 million. Last last nigga still get 5 million to use start his own life.
It does not work like that! The 5 million naira is bail bond. No one pays any cash.! His sureties will placed documents of property worth 5 million naira or show proof that they are eligible sureties eg gainfully employed. Company staff of Civil servants from grade 8 and above depending, with up to date tax records. This would suffice where properties aren't available to back up as sureties.
Only when he runs away, the bail bond would now come in, where his sureties would be arrested and compelled to redeem the bond or risk jail! Usually, 10% of the bond is demanded. Here 500k may be collected from them to be free from the case as sureties. The court will now declare the defendant or accused wanted as a fugitive. It's a tortuous path no sane man want to tow...
On top 11 million...ruin for life!!! You can't work again.!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by tomju(m): 12:48pm On Aug 30, 2019
wolesmile:
So CCTV footage showed him diverting #11M?
Una dey craze......

That guy must have diverted hundreds of millions, together with some top executives of the bank. He is just being prosecuted for the amount they have proof for. (Not from CCTV, mind you)

I am a banker, so I know what I am saying.....

Really? Banker? Do you also know how to divert? grin grin angry grin

1 Like

Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by Authority1o1(m): 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2019
Righteousness89:
"[i][b]

I don't think sodom and Gomorrah committed the evils and Wickedness this generation has Committed.

Consider your ways, Make Amendments and Surrender to JESUS CHRIST.. He is the Only Acceptable way of salvation.

The Next hour Might be late.

This Message is For Somebody...
No bro,it's for EVERYBODY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by baratech: 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2019
Na wa

1 Like

Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by IceColdVeins(m): 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2019
nifemi25:
Point of correction, the bank will refund the 11 million with damages to the customer, then confisticate everything that he has his and that of his guarantors names on till it tunes to that amount, afteralls, his family might still have to cough out the 5 milli bail terms if he takes to his heels after bail has been met. So he still loses all and more. He will not get any other career appointment except for strong connections, which I doubt it will ever happen neither will he be able to visit most countries abroad. Above all, he might be eyeing a jail term afterwards.
The bank suffers the loss for losing due dilligence of their employees' integrity and for loose security of customers information.
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by Amuocha: 12:58pm On Aug 30, 2019
Tinubu sef angry
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by Duggedised12(f): 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
mankand:
Stole 11m and granted 5m bail, will the 5m be paid to the owner or?

good question, lawyers in the house answer this.
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by lonelydora: 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2019
GistMore2:
A 34-year-old banker, Ramon Rilwon-Olayiwola, yesterday appeared at a Tinubu Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos for allegedly stealing N11 million from bank customers’ accounts.

The defendant, a resident of 8, Sultan Bello Street, Owutu, Ikorodu, is facing a two-count charge of conspiracy and stealing.

He, however, pleaded not guilty.

Prosecuting Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Edet Okoi told the court that the defendant committed the offences on July 22, at about 7:20pm, at Access Bank head office in Lagos.

He alleged that the defendant, an employee of Access Bank Plc., while working at the bank’s Contact Centre Executive Unit, used his position to fraudulently access customers’ details and withdrew money from their accounts.

Okoi alleged that the defendant withdrew N11 million from customers’ accounts.

“The defendant conspired with some other employees to change some customers’ details on the system and made unauthorised withdrawals from their accounts without the customers’ consent.

“During internal investigation, which the bank carried out, the CCTV footage showed that it was only the defendant that used the system for accessing customers’ details on the said date,” he said.

Chief Magistrate Tajudeen Elias granted the defendant N5 million bail with two sureties in the like sum and adjourned the case till September 29.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/banker-accused-of-stealing-customers-n11m/amp/

Even without reading the thread, I knew it will be Access Bank staff

3 Likes

Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by planetx: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
nifemi25:
Do you even know what bail is
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by Oosa4sure: 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2019
Bhamson:
Even the people we entrust our money to for safekeeping are thieves
I tire ooo
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by DexterousOne(m): 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2019
MummyIMadeIt:

What a sarcasm!

The alarming rate of crime in Nigeria is becoming a thing of National concern, yet the leaders who the people look up to are also highly involved in "Thieferry"
as an occupation.

Religious leaders are not helping matters too. Who will the citenzry turn to for succor from this evil endemic that has swept across all borders of the country.

The solution indeed lies in the cause of this new found profession by all sundry. It's not rocket science nor nuclear energy, but if only unemployment rate can be tackled effectively and efficiently, then the war against Theft,Kidnapping,Banditry,Armrobbery et al., can be said to have begun.

It's sad what the country is becoming

Imploding before our very eyes
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by DexterousOne(m): 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2019
lonelydora:

And why is that if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by ibkgab001: 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2019
wolesmile:
So CCTV footage showed him diverting #11M?
Una dey craze......

That guy must have diverted hundreds of millions, together with some top executives of the bank. He is just being prosecuted for the amount they have proof for. (Not from CCTV, mind you)

You are a foolish banker “ read between the lines “ the camera shows he was the only o Ej that used the system where there transaction was initiated “ Abi you won run mad nii”
I will beat you with Olounde if you quote me back ooo, I no be your mate

I am a banker, so I know what I am saying.....
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by sylve11: 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2019
jkendy:
These are the kind of people that gives out your bank details to yahoo boys.

banking with banks isn't safe anymore. sad cool

2 Likes

Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by BigBashiru: 1:46pm On Aug 30, 2019
lonelydora:

Why do you think that if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by FarahAideed: 1:59pm On Aug 30, 2019
Very very had to find an honest SW
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by Onyedikachi323(m): 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2019
shocked na small small God go expose all the criminals them wey dey this my country Nigeria.
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by DLuciano: 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

Adjournment isn't same with diachadisc and acquitted.
agreed, adjournment means the case will continue at a latter date as given
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by kblacko1: 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
nifemi25:
case never finish bro, it was adjourned, he might later be jailed
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by lonelydora: 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2019
BigBashiru:

Why do you think that if I may ask?

Most Access Bank guys I personally know are dubious in nature.
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by lonelydora: 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2019
DexterousOne:

And why is that if I may ask?

Most Access Bank guys I know personally are dubious in nature
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by lokoventurex1(m): 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2019
lonelydora:

Most Access Bank guys I know personally are dubious in nature
You might be wrong brother. I worked between Sept., 2016 to 0ct., 2017 at access bank. There was a missing $40,000 that led me out of the bank. My story is here on Nairaland.

I knew nothing about the missing money. The bank did a very bad internal investigation and asked me and other three staff to go. I guess they didn't take us to the court because they don't have substantial evidence to nail us.

In this guy's case, i wouldn't want to offend God by bad mouthing him. I'm still surprised he works at Call Centre and it was reported to have carried out the fraud there, it's not adding up if you ask me.

I've never forgiven anyone that has hands in the missing $40,000 that led me out of access bank. The other three guys that the bank sacked with me are still struggling. It's obvious a top manager perpetrated the fraud, and used those of us the baby staff to cover his mess.

Don't always believe what these people brings to the media. Many innocent people are paying for crimes they knew nothing about....

3 Likes

Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 30, 2019
nifemi25:

And goto jail..
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 30, 2019
MummyIMadeIt:

What a sarcasm!

The alarming rate of crime in Nigeria is becoming a thing of National concern, yet the leaders who the people look up to are also highly involved in "Thieferry"
as an occupation.

Religious leaders are not helping matters too. Who will the citenzry turn to for succor from this evil endemic that has swept across all borders of the country.

The solution indeed lies in the cause of this new found profession by all sundry. It's not rocket science nor nuclear energy, but if only unemployment rate can be tackled effectively and efficiently, then the war against Theft,Kidnapping,Banditry,Armrobbery et al., can be said to have begun.

They are now breaking into people shops at night to steal bread and biscuits.

That is the Next Level.
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by lonelydora: 2:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
lokoventurex1:

You might be wrong brother. I worked between Sept., 2016 to 0ct., 2017 at access bank. There was a missing $40,000 that led me out of the bank. My story is here on Nairaland.

I knew nothing about the missing money. The bank did a very bad internal investigation and asked me and other three staff to go. I guess they didn't take us to the court because they don't have substantial evidence to nail us.

In this guy's case, i wouldn't want to offend God by bad mouthing him. I'm still surprised he works at Call Centre and it was reported to have carried out the fraud there, it's not adding up if you ask me.

I've never forgiven anyone that has hands in the missing $40,000 that led me out of access bank. The other three guys that the bank sacked with me are still struggling. It's obvious a top manager perpetrated the fraud, and used those of us the baby staff to cover his mess.

Don't always believe what these people brings to the media. Many innocent people are paying for crimes they knew nothing about....

You are right shaa. My former account officer in Access Bank in Abuja absconded with about 25 million naira (that's what was tied to his name). Till date he's no where to be found. But initially he said what he knows is his manager must go with him. That it wasn't only him that did the fraud.
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by Starz825(m): 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2019
Bankers are one of the greatest thieves we have in this country...if money full ur account they can plan ur death.
Re: Banker Accused Of Stealing Customers’ N11m by italkpass(m): 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2019
nifemi25:

It also says with 'two sureties in the like sum', so he, the defendant pays 5 million, the two sureties pay 5 million each as well. Totals 15 million. He lost this game.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female Sergeant Sells Baby Brought To Police Station-the Punch / Repentant Militants Clash With Vigilantes In Imo (Photos) / RRS Arrests 4 For Destroying BRT Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.