Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,176 members, 7,903,889 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:49 PM

Beginners Guide: How To Do SEO Keyword Research As A Blogger - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Beginners Guide: How To Do SEO Keyword Research As A Blogger (718 Views)

Perfect SEO Keyword Density / Most Effective Ways To Do SEO For A New Website Or Blog / Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beginners Guide: How To Do SEO Keyword Research As A Blogger by codesngr(m): 1:39am On Sep 02, 2019
To have a great, high-ranking blog post on Google, you need to focus on SEO and keywords. Don’t worry if you’ve never heard of either of those or don’t know how to use them. In this guide, I will be teaching you all about what they are and how to use them.

WHAT IS SEO?
First, let’s talk about SEO. SEO is short for Search Engine Optimization. If you want to get into the coveted top-spots of search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing, you have to have fantastic SEO strategies.

WHY IS SEO IMPORTANT?
Think about how you use Google or any other search engine. First, type in a question, or whatever else you may be looking for and receive an answer lighting fast.

[url][/url]
You may scroll down a bit to find the answer you are looking for, but chances are you won’t have to click through to the second page of Google results. You may not even leave the first 3 results before you either find the answer you’re looking for, or change the question.

How do you think Google knows what search results to give you? Magic?

Nope, it’s through keywords. So, if you want to be in the top spots of Google (Which would be the pages that get the most clicks), you have to have lots of keywords in your blog posts.

WHAT ARE KEYWORDS?
There are many different uses of keywords. To allow me to explain it better, let’s say you are “the searcher” first, and not “the blogger.”

The searcher will type what they want to know into Google. For now, let’s just say you are looking for blogging for beginners. If you type that into Google, you should get something like this;

Beginners Guide: How to do SEO Keyword Research as a Blogger [2019 Review]
Look how enticing that first article is! It’s a “Featured” article. And if you click the little text below that says “About Featured Snippets” You’ll be taken to this page here.

WHAT’S A FEATURED ARTICLE?
What that basically says (from my understanding, you can read it yourself and see what you think!) is that Google will sometimes take an article that is most relevant to the search words typed in and creates a “featured snippet” of the article.

Look at all of the bolded words in those lines. All of these are the search terms that can be found in the headings of the article.

Google doesn’t say when a featured article may appear. But what it seems like to me is if you have tons of search terms in your headings, you have a chance to be chosen by their automated systems to be featured, just like this.

But remember, we are still “the searcher” in this scenario. And, I don’t know about you, but if I’m searching for blogging for beginners and this pops up, I’m totally going to click on it!

As you can see, the featured post takes up your whole screen, so it basically has no other competition for other titles of articles to catch your eye. And you even get a sneak peek as to what’s inside the post!

Of course, all of the other articles have descriptions, but not like this one! And by the looks of it, this post has everything I’ll ever need right in it!

CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE READING

(1) (Reply)

Nord VPN For Sell / Nairaland Mods Should Stop The Favouritism Among Bloggers / I Need A Facebook Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.