Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,127 members, 7,913,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 09:35 PM

Unemployment-the Solution Not Reduction - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment-the Solution Not Reduction (508 Views)

Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. / Why Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution To Unemployment In Nigeria / UNEMPLOYMENT - The FORCEFUL Way OUT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unemployment-the Solution Not Reduction by decor: 3:10pm On Oct 26, 2010
looking into this country,virtually all have jobs or may i say there is job for all.
But the burning question is which job pays?

Looking at many people who take to OKADA RIDING,most of them have been trainned in one field or the the other e.g auto mechanic,electrical,carpentry,etc ,but they do this OKADA thing because it pays better and faster.

Not that Graduates looking for employment cannot get some jobs,but they want the one that pays.
When i see the governments spending money on trainig people,i laugh because it is not the need for now,local training avenues have been in existence for a long time?

Too Many are traders,at times i think we have more sellers (or Traders ) than buyers e.g go to the schools ,many teachers are traders,many civil servants duplicate as traders.
These are supposed to be buyers who buy from the those in the market.

Many so called industries are REPACKAGING OUTFITS who import in bulk to redistribute in pieces.This too is not helping much.

SO WHAT DO WE NEED?

To me ,all we need is simple mathematics to solve our problem.
We need to balance our equation of production and consumption,we already have production,all we need is to encoourage it.
To illustrate this solution,look at a this model -COCOA BOARD
The Cocoa board is established to buy cocoa fro any producer.
HOW does this apply?
One productive set up from where people run to OKADA is Tailoring.If we have Tailoring Board,that is ready to buy from any tailor,this will give the tailors the assurance that to eat, all i need is to produce,there is nothing like sewing and waiting for a buyer that may never come or will come and start underpricing his or her product.
We can also have Pepper board,etc
WE may also have Furniture Board.
THESE Boards buy from them at encouraging prices and subsidise the sales to beat the prices of the imported-eventually,those importing will see themselves doing it at a loss due to the consequent low partronage
MORE WILL COME YOUR WAY ON THIS ,THANK YOU.
YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALSO WELCOME ,THANK YOU

(1) (Reply)

Open Pay Pal Account / Opportunities Where You Would Least Imagine. / Sales Executives Needed Urgently.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.