Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,368 members, 7,910,864 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 06:36 PM

My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable (7553 Views)

Too Much Sex Can Make You Miserable- New Research / My Fiancee Went To NYSC And Changed / She Is Threatening To Make Life Miserable For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by Aniomaman(m): 4:14pm On May 18, 2007
I would be glad if my woman is earning a lot more than she is earning now, so am really surprised that you are insecure your woman is earning a lot more than yourself. I think you need to wake up to the real world, a good woman is hard to find and you even lucky she is still with you when she earns more than yourself. Get a grip and work hard towards earning more than you do at the moment and stop having negative thoughts towards a woman who is sticking with you even when you broke, lol grin

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by dremoney(m): 4:18pm On May 18, 2007
Aniomaman:

I would be glad if my woman is earning a lot more than she is earning now, so am really surprised that you are insecure your woman is earning a lot more than yourself. I think you need to wake up to the real world, a good woman is hard to find and you even lucky she is still with you when she earns more than yourself. Get a grip and work hard towards earning more than you do at the moment and stop having negative thoughts towards a woman who is sticking with you even when you broke, lol grin

tnk u jare.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by bebe4u(f): 4:51pm On May 18, 2007
Plsssss what do men really want from women, when ur a cute jambite, they complain ur too demanding, we get ur first break with an average pay, they complain they need a financially independent lady to marry, and now we finally land that big job with a big pay, they are  spitting fire about how uncomfortable and miserable our pay has made them.we get pregnant they complain about the gender of the baby when actually what they deposited is what we brought out.   plssssss give us a break i wish next life God could do something  drastic like setting us far apart.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by moondust(m): 6:10pm On May 18, 2007
Bros u need serious flogging!
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by spoilt(f): 6:18pm On May 18, 2007
a lot of guys on this thread are fronting like they wouldnt mind but truth is that the male ego is very fragile and cant stand competition.
my advice to the guys is to celebrate your woman. whatever is hers is yours. remember you can only partake of her blessings if you are supportive and why shouldnt you be? .
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by babadee(m): 6:23pm On May 18, 2007
moondust:

Bros u need serious flogging!
i concurr, real serious wayaring!!!
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by Gamine(f): 6:35pm On May 18, 2007
@Poster,
u r just an insecure fella!
GET HELP!!!!
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by smartsoft(m): 6:38pm On May 18, 2007
Haven't you seen someone who got the whole certificate in this world and still get paid P[b]-NUT [/b] huh ? the truth is, his not been sincere to himself and got know love of God simple.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by texazzpete(m): 6:39pm On May 18, 2007
bebe4u:

Plsssss what do men really want from women, when your a cute jambite, they complain your too demanding, we get your first break with an average pay, they complain they need a financially independent lady to marry, and now we finally land that big job with a big pay, they are  spitting fire about how uncomfortable and miserable our pay has made them.we get pregnant they complain about the gender of the baby when actually what they deposited is what we brought out.   plssssss give us a break i wish next life God could do something  drastic like setting us far apart.

I can't help feeling that it's such reckless generalization/stereotyping that led the poster to his 'psycho' state. Is it so hard to use the word 'some' so you don't end up accusing ALL men of being terrible?

spoilt:

truth is that the male ego is very fragile and can't stand competition.

Haba! No be all of us o!

See now, you've made me speak pidgin english  grin
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by joobreel(m): 6:43pm On May 18, 2007
[b]@ poster
seems you are bit complexed by the fact that she earns more. i have an uncle that earns 14m per annum as a banker and his wife is a textile merchant with an average turnover of 100m per annum. yet, in years of knowing them, i ahve never seen them quarrel over this issue of yours. i think you might want to do some rethinking about your attitude. if she is not showing off or being proud about it, all you need do is make sure your responsibilities as the man/man to be are not lacking. treat her with love and respect and i believe she will reciprocate. but, if on the other hand, she is proud and always ready to tell it to your face that she earns more, then you have a big problem at hand but dialogue myt be a solution. let her know how you feel about her actions. but if she does change her ways and still continues to 'oppress' you (some ladies are like that even if they dont have as much as you do) i.e dialogue fails, then you are still very lucky you have not married her into your home. all the best[/b]

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by mezainab(f): 7:32pm On May 18, 2007
@ poster,

Oh boy, how e dey do u? In this present day and age? Haba!!!
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by puker(m): 7:38pm On May 18, 2007
Michelin, i think you are getting on my nerve. what do you mean by that, they don't speak good English in Italy and i wonder how you got your degree. Any way get the message and leave typographic errors. Whats your contribution lemme criticize your hard ass and knuckle brain.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by naijaboy3: 9:01pm On May 18, 2007
don't let it intimidate you. as long as your fiancee isn't worrid about it, why should you? i think best thing to do is to lay back, relax and enjoy. better yet work hard to have more money. grin
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by kewe(f): 9:09pm On May 18, 2007
spoilt:

a lot of guys on this thread are fronting like they wouldnt mind but truth is that the male ego is very fragile and can't stand competition.
my advice to the guys is to celebrate your woman. whatever is hers is yours. remember you can only partake of her blessings if you are supportive and why shouldnt you be? .

well said
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by NiteAngel(m): 2:39am On May 19, 2007
Indeed you have a problem and the problem is you undecided
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by uzomaeze(m): 3:52am On May 19, 2007
my friend you are very confused and i guess you have made this topic a very interesting one that i think is the advantage

http://egusiland.com
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by mellow(m): 1:12pm On May 19, 2007
A case of inferiority complex if you ask me
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by osereka(m): 1:21pm On May 19, 2007
u be what tribe self? habba which buisness u de do?. wetin concern u concern ur woman paycheck?. bro is it not better 4 ur woman to get enough dough than marry a parasite?
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by jenny2007(f): 3:54pm On May 20, 2007
just like every other person here has said, you did not mention the details concerning the ways that she'd made you miserable. i think that you are just too insecure, and you want to break up with her just cos she earns more than you. if i was in her shoes i'll be quite happy to live some1 like you. you should work on developing yourself and not make the lady's life quite miserable (yes she is with your kind of attitude). here a quick advice: work hard, develop yourself mentally and career wise, trust in God, and maybe you can feel better about yourself. you should be glad that your girl is independent-minded and does not depend on you for all she wants.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by Omolulu(m): 6:53pm On May 21, 2007
My nigga,the girl na naija girl and she go everly wan show say she be major person.Doncartel advice na the main way now o bo! cheesy
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by Rarebreed(f): 1:08pm On May 22, 2007
Is this an issue?

Is ths enough to make you miserable?

Abeg, lets talk about deeper and more serious issues here.

if u dont feel good about it, then take a walk! simple.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by anon101(f): 1:59pm On May 22, 2007
u are he one making ur life miserable , if its not okay for u ,go date a pepper seller at least u may earn more than them , nonsense
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by nawa1(m): 3:55pm On May 23, 2007
sorry!
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by PDF: 11:17am On May 24, 2007
@ Spoilt

I love so much your post,  sounds best so far. I'm sure u aint really spoilt

This guy obviously has an issue here,  blatant insecurity, inexplicable plight, etc. He hasnt even shown up since he released the thread.

But guys, be easy on him,  I understand that ladies would want to contribute more chauvinisticaly  in here and they won't outrightly mind if they earn much more than their husband, but majority of u guys won't want your wife earning more than u. I think he didnt really throw muh light on the matter,  remember! he said it is making life miserable for him, not she is,

where is he gan ?
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by anifel20(m): 11:42am On May 24, 2007
you are really a big disgrace to manhood!!!. So you are telling us that if you have a good job and your wife have a better job and along the line you loose your job will you divorce her just because she is working and earning more than you. It will be silly of you to let a woman that you love go just because of pride, ego and your stupidity. If she is not arrogant and has not been misbehaving, you don't have any justifiable reason except YOU.
my adive is that you stay, stick and marry her if she loves, respect and honor you as the man you want to be.
Good luck
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by PDF: 11:42am On May 25, 2007
;d
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by kolbim(m): 3:35pm On May 25, 2007
Heeyaaah, sorry o. I really feel for you sha. But guy, there is a way out, you want to know?, KILL YOURSELF angry, you are an idiot and you sound like a big loser to me. Grow up and stop being selfish. I wonder how jealous you can be with others if you can be this jealous of your mate
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by breez(m): 4:42pm On May 25, 2007
Come on my friend, what's the big deal?!!! Your bank account does not make you any more or less the man that you are. Sincerely I think there is nothing to worry about, afterall, it may not always be so.

And calling off the relationship on that ground would be very unfair. What if you were married before she started earning so much? Would you then file for a divorce 'cos her take-home is now fatter? Of course not! Rather if there were chalenges prior to that time, your happiness will know no bounds, and a divorce would be the last thing on your mind.

There are many wives earning more than their husbands but if you are not told, you can't know.If her pay is the only issue, go ahead. Except there is something you have not disclosed sha. undecided
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by vigasimple(m): 7:04pm On Jun 09, 2007
This chap has not say the thing that is making him miserable other than the fact that his fiancee is earning more than he does.

Reading between the lines, I think the woman may be arrogant or make an issue out of earning more than him. There are lot of naija womaen that would do that, they will even ended up having disrespect for the man.

Howver, if it simply that you think (as men in Naija ) in the past has to earn more than his wife to be the 'boss' then you have to reassess yourself.

If she loves you honestly and you love her same way, the more she earn the easier it becomes for the relationship especially if she is submissive and see you as her best friend. so you have a team before you are married, she will encourage you, challenge you to earn more.

Like someone said if you can study and earn more it will challenge her also to a greater height.

See your pastor to pray with you first to find out if this is the lady God has given to you and if so even if you are house husband your life will be at peace and nothing will shake you. she will love you to her death and same you will do. If she is not for you from God even if you are richer than Bill Gate you are wasting your time.

SUMMARY.

1. Find out from GOD through prayers if she the person for you.

2. If you have anything that is bothering you about her that is making your life misrable because of more income take her out and show your love and affection and discuss it with her.

3. But if it is nothing to do with her, only your ego, complexity or your personal problem, after 1 above deal with, you may even in a joking way sugggest it to her to help you.

4, Finally, pray together for God to make you brother and sisters and best of friends. Imagine if your sister earn 100 times more than you, she will not just stop being your sister because of that neither will you stop being her brother.

Secondly, if you are already married you are not going to want out simply because she is earning more than you. In any event it is temporary, if you work hard you may be earning more than her tommorrow. once you are a team and a single item it doesn't matter.

If there are other matters you should be a man enough to say and stop all these woman on this site yabbing you. majority of them would start becoming pompus and arrogant once they earn more than their partner anyway.

some good woman would even use the monies to look after you and your home and plan together, but majority of naija men and women still have the old ways.

May God be with you and your fiancee and grant you wisdom in dealing with each.
Don't think of breaking up unless God said she is not the one for you.

The good Lord be with you. Amen
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by OgaMadam(f): 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2007
it just depends how she deals with it.

a woman can have a lot of stronger points than a man but still always show in and out of the relationship who's boss.

if she rubs it in your face then thats a bit much aint it?
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by spoilt(f): 12:13am On Jun 10, 2007
vigasimple:

Reading between the lines, I think the woman may be arrogant or make an issue out of earning more than him. There are lot of naija womaen that would do that, they will even ended up having disrespect for the man.

dont assume.
why do people always think that because a woman earns more she'll become arrogant? let men deal with their ego issues. angry because your woman earns more doesnt mean the world is coming to an end. it shouldn't make you shrivel up and die inside. try working harder and making more money instead of getting all whiney. hate when guys do that.
Re: My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable by desodgi(m): 1:08pm On Jun 10, 2007
ur just a jealous and ignorant mumu,my advise is that u get a better job and if thats not tha case marry a hawker!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Long Is Enough Time To Give Your Partner A Break Before Deciding To Move On? / What Are The Things You Can Do Without Being Taught? (talents) / Boobs & Ass All On Display!! Amara Flaunts Her Banging Body,you Will Love To See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.