Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,820 members, 7,872,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:07 PM

Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' (44384 Views)

I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo / Tajudeen Ade: I Drove Lamborghini At 18, Joined Politics To Serve Not For Money / Buhari: I joined Politics Because I’m Not Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 05, 2019
The masses might play a role or two in the problem of this country but believe me, the govt plays from two to hundred... The major problem of this country is the govt. Period..
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:34pm On Sep 05, 2019
aswear, you are very correct,

If anyone here doubt him, they should ask former US President Obama what he experienced.

A very typical example is the xenophobic masses of South Africa with their zombiec herd mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by kadiri3(m): 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2019
Poorboy:
Cum politician not come politician, it's ok
LOL IM TELLING U I DONT UNDERSTAND DAT PART
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by InvertedHammer: 3:36pm On Sep 05, 2019
/
The best from third world countries run to developed nations where they start from the bottom.

The worst from developed nations run to third world countries where they are treated as kings.

/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by j1mmy: 3:36pm On Sep 05, 2019
ijeoma36:
so what is now our problem

The rest of the world knows the answer except you people - The problem is the mentality of Nigerians!

3 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Pearl05(f): 3:38pm On Sep 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:
The electorates forgets their problems when presented with a blank cheque.

You say blank cheque or rather a small packet of salt,tin tomatoes, 5 cups of rice and 4 medium sized onions? In all #500.00 worth of items.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by netflicks(m): 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2019
Mutemenot:
A hungry man decides on what to quench his hunger for the moment. His future is still unforseen grin

Raw #fact

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2019
Pearl05:

You say blank cheque or rather a small packet of salt,tin tomatoes, 5 cups of rice and 4 medium sized onions? In all #500.00 worth of items.

Lolzz

I had to put it this way to sound fair and okay because even with 200 naira they are good to go.

They are co-authors of their own misfortune.

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by woleabayo(f): 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2019
Nigeria can get better ....only if the citizen realize that everything is not about money....you will spend the change they gave you and remain in poverty so why cant we join hands together and fight for a better Nigeria i watch a broadcast on whats-app by a saudi arabian lambasting our great country that bad leadership and corrupting is what is killing us... which i strongly believe in...if we can adopt the kind of system they are using over there and Indian our country will develop very fast....if you ought a leader red handed in corruption should be burnt with the family you we see that they will deceit from corruption.
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2019
theenchanter:
but if anybody calls for revolution, na una go still sabotage am.

If u say reorientation, i agree, but how do u want to reorientate the massive illiterates up north, esp partaining religion?
very true.

Not just in the North, there are also so many Religiously brainwashed Educated folks in the south and west.

4 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by j1mmy: 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2019
omenka:
He has a good point. But truth be told, IMO, our leaders take the best share of the blame. What we are seeing today are a precipitation of years upon years of leadership failure from the top right down to our council wards.

We need a total reorientation in this country. A moral and and idealistic revolution. And until we breach that Berlin Wall of ignorance, tribe and religion, we would but toil in vain to the very last days of our lives, yet that collective emancipation we seek will remain elusive.

You are a good example of what is wrong with the Nigerian mentality, A 19 year old Chinese kid will not say this rubbish.

our leaders take the best share of the blame - The leaders you talk about, are they not citizens who went from the masses pool to a place with access to money? If they can do that what of the average citizen (which they are)? THINK!!!

years upon years of leadership failure from the top right down to our council wards - Why do you think Nigerians keeps electing them or allowing them to rule forcefully? Why do you think it will not happen in many parts of the world / what is the difference with those places? I answer for you...CITIZENS!

We need a total reorientation in this country - Only decent thing you said...BUT IT SHOULD BE AIMED ONLY AT THE CITIZENS! THEY ARE THE PROBLEM!

THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA IS NOT LEADERSHIP, IT IS CITIZENS - A LOW QUALITY POOL OF USELESS CITIZENS MAKE UP WHAT ALL AREAS OF YOUR SOCIETY (INCLUDING LEADERSHIP) BECOMES!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by omenka(m): 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2019
theenchanter:
but if anybody calls for revolution, na una go still sabotage am.

If u say reorientation, i agree, but how do u want to reorientate the massive illiterates up north, esp partaining religion?
If you want to overthrow a government, count me out now and forever. That isnt what I'm talking about. And dont put words in my mouth. I said we need a moral and idealistic revolution, not an overthrow of government.

Have a nice day.
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
The best from third world countries run to developed nations where they start from the bottom.

The worst from developed nations run to third world countries where they are treated as kings.

/
Gbam!!
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by jaxxy(m): 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2019
Wow inside life grin

I don’t collect money to vote anyone so those who collect shud pls stand up. grin

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by blindjustice13(m): 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2019
He is right
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by baratech: 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2019
It is well
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Beautyaddy: 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2019
Immabong:
In 1994, England banned Nigeria Airways for missing their landing schedule at Gatwick Airport. Nigeria's then Head of State, Sani Abacha quickly banned British Airways from flying into Nigeria.

Due to the fact that Nigeria was a major market for them, they lifted the ban.

Huh...quite a weak comparison though. undecided

However, where is Nigerian Airways now in compared to British Airways

And how many or what Nigerian owned flights still land in Britain
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by AfroKnight: 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
Sadly, this is true.

I cannot preach ideology to the hungry voter. He will just slap the microphone from my hand. This is one more reason why Nigeria will keep having bold thieves as leaders.

Thieves have devious, pragmatic minds. They will “chook” bread in the mouth of the people and ride on their votes.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2019
omenka:
If you want to overthrow a government, count me out now and forever. That isnt what I'm talking about. And dont put words in my mouth. I said we need a moral and idealistic revolution, not an overthrow of government.

Have a nice day.
I say, we do both, fu ck it!!

Isn't this part of the problem? Some people are Even Afraid of Mentioning Overthrow on here grin but they want change, There are no difference between Overthrow and Idealistice Revolution, There you are, i ve said it. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by paullegend1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
True, but the antecedence of such careless attitude from the masses is caused by their predicament birthed by this so-called politician in the past. When they support a lamb for office position suddenly, the lamb metamorphoses into a wolf. You can barely enter his or her offices. what do u expect. Trust is a big concept for Nigerians now.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Aiyk2333: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2019
helinues:
Abi oo, that's why you also jumped more than how many parties? in search of what is coming to your pockets
how many parties has he jumped onto? does party even determine if you'd deliver or not!!! ur just pathetic. Youre part of the poor masses he's referring to..

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Beautyaddy: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2019
Felixamos:
The masses might play a role or two in the problem of this country but believe me, the govt plays from two to hundred... The major problem of this country is the govt. Period..

What citizen are the Nigeria government

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Angelfrost(m): 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2019
omenka:
He has a good point. But truth be told, IMO, our leaders take the best share of the blame. What we are seeing today are a precipitation of years upon years of leadership failure from the top right down to our council wards.

We need a total reorientation in this country. A moral and and idealistic revolution. And until we breach that Berlin Wall of ignorance, tribe and religion, we would but toil in vain to the very last days of our lives, yet that collective emancipation we seek will remain elusive.

The system is so rotten, but not totally beyond redemption...

There are more people educated and exposed now than before. More of us are better travelled than our parents... If we can individually make a choice to forego ethnic affiliations, and put national interests ahead, change can begin.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by helinues: 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2019
Aiyk2333:

how many parties has he jumped onto? does party even determine if you'd deliver or not!!! ur just pathetic. Youre part of the poor masses he's referring to..

Are you trying to be mischievous or probably you are feeling miserable?
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by everest8899: 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2019
Well said
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by fredoooooo: 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2019
The mindsets is the problem...
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by jonnyjustcome22: 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2019
[quote author=ChemBrodar post=81947265]According to the actor cum politician, 'I always thought our problem was our leaders till I joined politics and realized the people are also a big part of the problem. If you run for office and you don't have money to share, even your village people will leave you and support a well known kidnapper who is sharing money'.

Igbere TV reports that healso said, 'yes our leaders have failed us for so long but running out of the country is not the best option. Who go fix am? Then we are treated as 3rd class citizens abroad. We need all hands on deck, all voices. The fewer the opposition, the easier it is for the oppressor to carry on'.

http://igberetvnews.com/964388/i-always-thought-our-problem-was-our-leaders-till-i-joined-politics-yul-edochie/

If our leader is not our problem who then is our problem. Pls stop talking as if u are not learned. If we have a good system in place nobody will be asking money from any politician.Example are the local people living and farming in the village no good road to transport there product to the market, no electricity, no infracsture to improve there lives. When they fail to enjoyed these amenities what did u expect them to do than request money directly from politician to sustain there life.
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by paullegend1(m): 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2019
Immabong:
In 1994, England banned Nigeria Airways for missing their landing schedule at Gatwick Airport. Nigeria's then Head of State, Sani Abacha quickly banned British Airways from flying into Nigeria.

Due to the fact that Nigeria was a major market for them, they lifted the ban.
I need to understand the mentality that drew up this comparison. Did u even attend primary school?
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by theenchanter: 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2019
omenka:

Have a nice day.
and where did i mention "overthrowing a government"?
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Femijohn198: 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2019
true talk
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by BabaIbo: 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2019
BuyACar:
Idiot

Stick to what is right!

They'd follow when you don't bend.

That makes you a leader.

Why did you call him an idiot?
He is right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians React As Tinubu Bans Son, Others From Attending FEC Meeting / Buhari Only Made 3 Promises And Has Fulfilled Them: Femi Adesina / Roads To Be Commissioned By President Buhari In Kano State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.