Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,726 members, 7,914,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 02:33 PM

Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' (44460 Views)

I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo / Tajudeen Ade: I Drove Lamborghini At 18, Joined Politics To Serve Not For Money / Buhari: I joined Politics Because I’m Not Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by XerexJ: 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2019
Yes na... Since previous office holders have failed to deliver on any of their promises, people now go for the immediate promise they see.
Give me cash and do as u usually do when u get to that office. Everything rises and fall on leadership.
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by UncleJudax(m): 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2019
Mutemenot:
A hungry man decides on what to quench his hunger for the moment. His future is still unforseen grin
Not just belle hunger but also brain hunger. Who says you have to vote for a candidate after collecting money?

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2019
omenka:
He has a good point. But truth be told, IMO, our leaders take the best share of the blame. What we are seeing today are a precipitation of years upon years of leadership failure from the top right down to our council wards.

We need a total reorientation in this country. A moral and and idealistic revolution. And until we breach that Berlin Wall of ignorance, tribe and religion, we would but toil in vain to the very last days of our lives, yet that collective emancipation we seek will remain elusive.

the guy is right, here you are speaking grammar, we need , we need. But when it comes time to elect leaders, you will remmember muslim christian, Ibo Afonja,Hausa, APC, PDP (forgetting there are other parties). A nation gets the leadership it deserves.

We are the problem, I have said it severally. Every country gets bad leaders every now and then, Nigeria is the only country that continues to tolerate bad leaders and has never selected the best candidate in it's history.

4 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by hassantommy(m): 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2019
this man is stupid you want hungry man and woman to vote for you with empty stomach what have you done to your village society what have you give back to the youth mad man like u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by felaismyhero(m): 4:35pm On Sep 05, 2019
dont blame the people; the people have lost hope! you are not the first to make promises.how are they sure you would be different from the ones they have currently?
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by DJInfluence: 4:37pm On Sep 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:
The electorates forgets their problems when presented with a blank cheque.
The check is not even blank. it´s a between #500-5000 naira stipends. that is why any politician that won an election, would want to recoup his investment by looting and stealing public funds.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by nwamabo247(m): 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2019
you never hold any public offices so u can't say that
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2019
Bro u are point...
We have many poverty stricken souls in our country that are ready to sell there birth right

Page Financials is a financial Institution that
gives quick fund ranging from 200k to 20m to Salary earners and business owners, who reside in lagos and ibadan.
No guarantor
No collateral
No management and processing fee
No liquidation fee
We buy off loans from other Financial institution.

If you are interested let me know...
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 05, 2019
Beautyaddy:

What citizen are the Nigeria government
Maybe my point was not clear enough... I meant, the major problem of this country is our fellow Nigerians occupying govt positions or offices... Hope it's clearer now... From his tweet he was referring to the masses but I'm saying the masses contribute only little compared to our politicians...
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by olajizz01(m): 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2019
OBJ has the largest percent of this blame,he was the one that monetized politics when we returned to democracy in 99.

I could vividly remembered one man that rejected councillorship post in 99 for my area with the aims of no money in politics,he regretted his action till today.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by AlhajaChinyere: 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2019
Angelfrost:

The system is so rotten, but not totally beyond redemption...

There are more people educated and exposed now than before. More of us are better travelled than our parents... If we can individually make a choice to forego ethnic affiliations, and put national interests ahead, change can begin.

Nonsense

It must be coming from you cause you cannot live in your homeland.

For better for worse, national interest or not, I am a Yoruba Man first and foremost!

You can forget your own ethnicity and join them in Sambisa! Nonsense!
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by AlhajaChinyere: 5:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
hassantommy:
this man is stupid you want hungry man and woman to vote for you with empty stomach what have you done to your village society what have you give back to the youth mad man like u

Ok let us continue na...

Poor people complain of poverty and hunger yet the one thing they can control they wouldn't......stop reproducing and bringing innocent children into your misery!! They will not listen, we are so so poor yet we are having children like no tomorrow!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2019
Stop complaining you re supposed to have resources when running for office, even if you dont have you should be bankable.

The fact that your whining over lack of funds show that you re immature, this aint nollywood, too bad dad can't fix this.

better stick to your nonsensewood and fix your jeep.. Nigerians dont need paupers running for office tongue

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by ajl: 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2019
alphaNomega:

This is the main reason the people in position to improve the country would rather die than see Nigeria get better. They make so much money from the dysfunction in the system that is better the country looses the people that can /will fix it.

The Black South Africans are on the same path too. Chasing away the resourceful foreigners and indigenes and leaving behind the people who don't know left from right to be governed like sheep.

Most 1st world countries that accept immigrants from 3rd World countries only take the best of the crop. Many times they don't need your talent because their citizens are good at what they do. These 3rd world immigrants arrive and are forced to take up menial jobs to make ends meet.

You are generalizing too much. There are lot Nigerians and foreigners that belong to the top 25% income bracket in the West including US. Number Indians alone running IT services in US for example is huge. In fact they have a special visa for this group of immigrant workers. Problem is many immigrants are illegals meaning getting out to move up the career ladder is almost unlikely. The number of years it take them to become a legal resident mean that by then they are older and have lost the motivation to move up regular career ladder.
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Coldfeets: 5:20pm On Sep 05, 2019
Of course, that's as a result of the terrible stomach-infrastructure mentality that has finished so many Nigerians.
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Angelfrost(m): 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2019
AlhajaChinyere:

Nonsense

It must be coming from you cause you cannot live in your homeland.

For better for worse, national interest or not, I am a Yoruba Man first and foremost!

You can forget your own ethnicity and join them in Sambisa! Nonsense!

I have neither the time, energy, nor words to waste on you... Keep being a part of the decay of a once great nation.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Saviola6053: 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2019
This is Rubbish talk. Why won't people collect money from your idiot leader. They collect money because they know that your promise wont be kept. Na just to use and dump them. Once they vote you in, na that time you go remember to build private university. So they better collect the one wey them see na.
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Rosskiki: 5:36pm On Sep 05, 2019
GloShare:
That's because the people are extremely hungry.

Tackle hunger and see how the people react.

Nigerian politicians have mastered the art of weaponizing poverty.

Go and sit down. Are you more ''hungry'' than people in Somalia or Niger Republic? You never chop today? Mr hungry. Abeg face matter joor. The problem is greed and moral laxity among the people. Even a middle class guy whose brother is made a minister will expect ''goodies'' from his newly 'set' bro. What has hunger got to do with that? They were tearing chicken before the appointment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by GloShare(m): 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2019
Rosskiki:

Go and sit down. Are you more ''hungry'' than people in Somalia or Niger Republic? You never chop today? Mr hungry. Abeg face matter joor. The problem is greed and moral laxity among the people. Even a middle class guy whose brother is made a minister will expect ''goodies'' from his newly 'set' bro. What has hunger got to do with that? They were tearing chicken before the appointment.

Go back to school. There's something you paid for that you didnt learn.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 05, 2019
j1mmy:

You are a good example of what is wrong with the Nigerian mentality, A 19 year old Chinese kid will not say this rubbish.

our leaders take the best share of the blame - The leaders you talk about, are they not citizens who went from the masses pool to a place with access to money? If they can do that what of the average citizen (which they are)? THINK!!!

years upon years of leadership failure from the top right down to our council wards - Why do you think Nigerians keeps electing them or allowing them to rule forcefully? Why do you think it will not happen in many parts of the world / what is the difference with those places? I answer for you...CITIZENS!

We need a total reorientation in this country - Only decent thing you said...BUT IT SHOULD BE AIMED ONLY AT THE CITIZENS! THEY ARE THE PROBLEM!

THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA IS NOT LEADERSHIP, IT IS CITIZENS - A LOW QUALITY POOL OF USELESS CITIZENS MAKE UP WHAT ALL AREAS OF YOUR SOCIETY (INCLUDING LEADERSHIP) BECOMES!
You are even the one who is a very good example of a wrong mentality. You tried to prove other opinion wrong with those unreasonable points you made up there.
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Beautyaddy: 5:51pm On Sep 05, 2019
Felixamos:

Maybe my point was not clear enough... I meant, the major problem of this country is our fellow Nigerians occupying govt positions or offices... Hope it's clearer now... From his tweet he was referring to the masses but I'm saying the masses contribute only little compared to our politicians...

I understood your point.

However, I still maintain that we fellow Nigerians were the same people are elected or re-elected those "Nigerians occupying government positions or offices".
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Beautyaddy: 5:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
Felixamos:

Yes, I understood your point.

However, I still maintain that those "Nigerians occupying govt positions or offices" were elected or chosen by Nigerians.

So in other words fellow Nigerians are the major problem of Nigeria.
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Starhearts: 6:04pm On Sep 05, 2019
Someone is having SEX right now
Despite all problems we are facing in this country.
They are even adding styles.
Some pple re heartless.
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by AlhajaChinyere: 6:31pm On Sep 05, 2019
Angelfrost:

I have neither the time, energy, nor words to waste on you... Keep being a part of the decay of a once great nation.

Nigeria was NEVER once great, stop the useless LIE!

Yoruba Nation was once great and so was Borno Empire, Benin Kingdom and Kano!

Nigeria has been useless from Day 1
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Sunsets: 6:35pm On Sep 05, 2019
A hungry man sees no future but food.
ChemBrodar:
According to the actor cum politician, 'I always thought our problem was our leaders till I joined politics and realized the people are also a big part of the problem. If you run for office and you don't have money to share, even your village people will leave you and support a well known kidnapper who is sharing money'.

Igbere TV reports that healso said, 'yes our leaders have failed us for so long but running out of the country is not the best option. Who go fix am? Then we are treated as 3rd class citizens abroad. We need all hands on deck, all voices. The fewer the opposition, the easier it is for the oppressor to carry on'.

http://igberetvnews.com/964388/i-always-thought-our-problem-was-our-leaders-till-i-joined-politics-yul-edochie/

Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:
The electorates forgets their problems when presented with a blank cheque.

10 cups of rice, I cartoon of beer and #200 that's it.
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by winterfell007(m): 6:45pm On Sep 05, 2019
Angel246:
You are even the one who is a very good example of a wrong mentality. You tried to prove other opinions wrong with those unreasonable points you made up there.

On the contrary, he's actually right. The citizen has the largest share of the blame and this might be due to inadequate education
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2019
byrron:

10 cups of rice, I cartoon of beer and #200 that's it.

Lol

We need to be formal sometimes as you understood what blank cheque means.
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by TheShopKeeper(m): 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
...see who is talking...serial party changer...looking for which party will butter his bread...
Re: Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' by HENRY940: 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2019
shadeyinka:
The leadership created gross poverty everywhere. Now they turn around to blame the Hungry Man.

Create good jobs and see if vote buying would not reduce to zero. Vote is bought for as low as 2,000 Naira. This is poverty unmasked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Afenifere: Amotekun Can Only Deal With Chicken Thieves, Not Fulani Herdsmen / Man Demands The Arrest Of Jonathan At The National Assembly Over The Arms Deal / Buhari, Saraki, Gauck At Banquet Dinner (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.