Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,150 members, 7,880,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:17 PM

Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde (18057 Views)

Peter Obi: We do not Comment On Individual cases - UK Govt Replies Premiumtimes / Uche Nwosu: You Are In Panic Because You Are Guilty - Imo Govt Replies Okorocha / Ortom Deserves Commendation Not Condemnation - Benue Govt Replies Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by OlujobaSamuel: 9:26pm On Sep 07, 2019
thesmallgod:

I didn't say the crisis start in 2016. You can also update us here

https://www.lautechportal.com/2016/10/lautech-we-ll-not-let-go-our-joint_7.html?m=1

The quote below is from the last two paragraphs. Report dated 2016.

Also, the former Attorney-General under Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola administration in Osun, Mr Niyi Owolade, said, though there was a Memorandum of Understanding between Oyo and Osun on the splitting of LAUTECH, but with conditions which Oyo government has not met and could not meet.

Part of the conditions he said, was the fact that if there was going to be any division, Osun must be paid its share of the university within 30 days and moratorium of ten years must be given for the sake of students and staff of the institution.
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by thesmallgod(m): 9:38pm On Sep 07, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

The crisis predates both states or party. They both can't fulfill their financial obligations to the sch as it stands, this is evident in the two states inability to pay workers in the state.
Oyo owes lecturers in other institutions owned by them, Osun owes workers in the civil service (lecturers are not owed as they have a kind of autonomy, that's the institutions don't go on strike except lautech).
Akala started the crisis when he lobbied Oyinlola to sign off the sch because he is from Oyo state and they belong to same party, while Osun had a baby(uniosun) that they see more as theirs unlike lautech.
Leaving the sch by any of the party is practically impossible for any of the governors except some financial conditions are fulfilled which can only be done through proper valuation of the sch.
Well, if you mean the issue of ownership then it is true that it was akala that started it and this is because Osun wasn't fulfilling his own obligation which makes the school always go on strike especially anytime they want to write exams. I don't know their initial court agreement pertaining ownership but I'm sure Osun is not that interested in the school again because they can't fund the school. They are being forced to do the little they are doing. All this statement they are making is just to make sure it doesn't look that they just keep quiet. We are already in September and they are talking about paying July salary. Isn't that shameful?
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by Bash92(m): 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2019
SmallmebigGod:

Mr comprehension go and read again 'Osun has just offset Lautech July salary 300,000000 '
You brain skipped that part
You are the one that should ask for more information. Yes Osun paid 300 million compare with the fact that Oyo have been paying since last year until this June. Did your brain skip that part too?
Do you know we were to start exam last week Monday but the workers said they will not conduct the exam until Osun pay because Osun can not be trusted again.
That was what prompted Seyi Makinde to make that statement that Oyo will pay the money if osun did not pay but that there will be consequences. The following day after Seyi statement the Lecturers announced they are no longer going on strike, why? Because they trust Seyi will pay them.
For your information am a Ladokite and also from Osun.
Osun State is the one that holding Lautech back.

1 Like

Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by thesmallgod(m): 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

https://www.lautechportal.com/2016/10/lautech-we-ll-not-let-go-our-joint_7.html?m=1

The quote below is from the last two paragraphs. Report dated 2016.

Also, the former Attorney-General under Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola administration in Osun, Mr Niyi Owolade, said, though there was a Memorandum of Understanding between Oyo and Osun on the splitting of LAUTECH, but with conditions which Oyo government has not met and could not meet.

Part of the conditions he said, was the fact that if there was going to be any division, Osun must be paid its share of the university within 30 days and moratorium of ten years must be given for the sake of students and staff of the institution.
Since Gov Makinde is making mouth maybe he can fulfil the conditions but the question still remain ' who will pay Osun salary debt?'
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by thesmallgod(m): 9:51pm On Sep 07, 2019
Bash92:

You are the one that should ask for more information. Yes Osun paid 300 million compare with the fact that Oyo have been paying since last year until this June. Did your brain skip that part too?
Do you know we were to start exam last week Monday but the workers said they will not conduct the exam until Osun pay because Osun can not be trusted again.
That was what prompted Seyi Makinde to make that statement that Oyo will pay the money if osun did not pay but that there will be consequences. The following day after Seyi statement the Lecturers announced they are no longer going on strike, why? Because they trust Seyi will pay them.
The lecturers will not trust them because that was how they use to deceive them. It was Oyo that use to bail them before hoping they will pay later but the school collapsed when Oyo becomes incapacitated.
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by Bash92(m): 10:03pm On Sep 07, 2019
thesmallgod:

The lecturers will not trust them because that was how they use to deceive them. It was Oyo that use to bail them before hoping they will pay later but the school collapsed when Oyo becomes incapacitated.
Yes o, the school has been running smoothly since January with no rumors of strike up until last Saturday that we started hearing the exam might be postponed because of Osun inability to pay. Exam was to start on Monday and the school send mail to us on Sunday night, less than 12 hours for exam commencement that it has been shifted.
Just imagine that kind of frustration. The moment when every student was thinking the fortune of the school is about to change for the better, only for osun to dampen those hopes again.
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by gaskiyamagana: 10:29pm On Sep 07, 2019
Sikay19:

If this is not meaningful enough then it is safe to say you are as ignorant as makinde' PR team
Let wait and see how it will go. Christmas holiday in advance is loading for Lautech students.
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by gaskiyamagana: 10:32pm On Sep 07, 2019
Bash92:

Yes o, the school has been running smoothly since January with no rumors of strike up until last Saturday that we started hearing the exam might be postponed because of Osun inability to pay. Exam was to start on Monday and the school send mail to us on Sunday night, less than 12 hours for exam commencement that it has been shifted.
Just imagine that kind of frustration. The moment when every student was thinking the fortune of the school is about to change for the better, only for osun to dampen those hopes again.
Osun State has a lot of financial problems created by Aregbesola, difficult, if not impossible for OYETOLA to manage.
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by OlujobaSamuel: 2:46am On Sep 08, 2019
thesmallgod:

Well, if you mean the issue of ownership then it is true that it was akala that started it and this is because Osun wasn't fulfilling his own obligation which makes the school always go on strike especially anytime they want to write exams. I don't know their initial court agreement pertaining ownership but I'm sure Osun is not that interested in the school again because they can't fund the school. They are being forced to do the little they are doing. All this statement they are making is just to make sure it doesn't look that they just keep quiet. We are already in September and they are talking about paying July salary. Isn't that shameful?
It's not because Osun wasn't fulfilling any financial obligations except you want to be economical with the truth. It was to move the sch wholly to his town Ogbomosho as one of the benefits to his immediate community.
Financial crisis started 2015/16, Akala wasn't the governor then.
Report has it that Osun fulfilled financial obligations from beginning till late 2015.
The agreement wasn't a court agreement.
Akala dragged the state to court but SC declared any takeover null and void except consented to by both parties.
To avoid unnecessary issues as we eventually had in 2016, an agreement was reached between the states when the Osun was about to be created from Oyo.
Till date, Oyo state at no point in time is yet to refute allegations of not being financially responsible as ought to before the financial crisis.
No where in the report was it stated that July was just paid, it said July has been paid, time of payment was never insinuated to be past or present time, the only outstanding balance is Aug which they are trying to pay already (still wrong not to have done that in my opinion).
The only thing Oyo has so far done is shouting about takeover, while Osun is seeking for opening the sch records because it felt since Uniosun is financially sustainable, Lautech with similar fee and higher revenue structure should also be sustainable (nice argument even though such came to their head only when a crisis was at hand).
If Oyo is truly interested in a genuine takeover, no need for media announcement, the agreement permits them to kick-start it while Osun must consent to it if it can be proven.
The 2states still owe the school, if debts are deducted, can Oyo pay any outstanding balance in respect to net worth of the sch in 30days?
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by plaindealer: 5:00am On Sep 08, 2019
Now I see why Igbos like the new loudmouth in Oyo state, he's their kind of do nothing, but park on the internet day after day while spewing baseless, misguided and irresponsible comments and accusations leader like the infrastructure destroyer in Imo state.

This is the kind of issue sensible, tactful and responsible leaders discuss at formal and leadership level, but this crude and tactless man thinks insulting and ridiculing the people of Osun and their leaders on the internet is sensible leadership.

I'm glad he got called out and schooled.
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by aminusodiq(m): 10:36am On Sep 08, 2019
olajizz01:
Keep deceiving yourself man.
i spent 7yrs iin dah schl cortesy of d apcs.... Aint a dullard l
... No extra years �
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by Ajibade123(m): 12:29am On Sep 09, 2019
our government and educational system really needs to be checked... see the way two states are pushing the responsibility of the so-called best State University in Nigeria....if you are aspiring for lautech you better japa

see reasons you need to have a good GPA as a student
https://explicitsuccess.com/what-is-a-good-gpa-for-university/
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by SmallmebigGod: 1:06am On Sep 09, 2019
Bash92:

next time, read well before responding pls, as a Ladokite i expect you to be smarter. we are on the same page , my response was to the guy who was defending Osun state and didnt see where they wrote in their response that they 'just pay july salary' and i was only castigating Osun state for shamefully boasting of paying july salary in september . i have known of Lautech vistorship and payment rotation since 2001 when i joined the school. learn to follow threaad and make appropriate response next time
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by Bash92(m): 5:41pm On Sep 09, 2019
SmallmebigGod:

next time, read well before responding pls, as a Ladokite i expect you to be smarter. we are on the same page , my response was to the guy who was defending Osun state and didnt see where they wrote in their response that they 'just pay july salary' and i was only castigating Osun state for shamefully boasting of paying july salary in september . i have known of Lautech vistorship and payment rotation since 2001 when i joined the school. learn to follow threaad and make appropriate response next time
Apologies for wrongly quoting you, but you could have stated this without any insult.
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by plaindealer: 7:03pm On Sep 09, 2019
SmallmebigGod:

Osun paid a total sum of N8, 692, 488, 234.04. Osun has offset the LAUTECH workers July salary with N300, 000, 000 in this year. We challenged Governor Seyi Makinde to tell the public what Oyo has contributed to LAUTECH between 2010 and 2019. The governor should be mindful of what he will say on LAUTECH.

When owner states were asked to pay N500m each for take-off after the visitation panel, Osun duly paid its own, but we are yet to have evidence of payment by our boasting counterpart.

....while castigating Osun state for actually paying regardless of when payment was made, but ignored the fact that the same Makinde/Oyo state didn't pay a dime and the challenge issued by Osun state to show proof of any payment between 2010-2019.

Also the fact Oyo state is yet to pay the N500m take-off after the visitation panel.

Either you are being clever by half, biased or just didn't read well before responding.
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by SmallmebigGod: 7:10pm On Sep 09, 2019
plaindealer:

....while castigating Osun state for actually paying regardless of when payment was made, but ignored the fact that the same Makinde/Oyo state didn't pay a dime and the challenge issued by Osun state to show proof of any payment between 2010-2019.

Also the fact Oyo state is yet to pay the N500m take-off after the visitation panel.

Either you are being clever by half, biased or just didn't read well before responding.

We now have a situation where someone like you supposedly not 'clever by half, biased' sees nothing wrong in workers getting July salary in September and also boasting about it. SMH
Osun said they are yet to see evidence of Oyo paying, how did you also assumed from there that Oyo state is yet to pay
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by plaindealer: 7:45pm On Sep 09, 2019
SmallmebigGod:

We now have a situation where someone like you supposedly not 'clever by half, biased' sees nothing wrong in workers getting July salary in September and also boasting about it. SMH

Learn how to read and comprehend, show me where I justified any kind of non salary payment. Poor Reading and comprehension skill is your problem.

Osun said they are yet to see evidence of Oyo paying, how did you also assumed from there that Oyo state is yet to pay

It is up to Makinde and Oyo state to respond to the challenge and also to show proof of payment, not you.

Even so far, Makinde is yet to deny or even respond to the challenge so what's your own fuming and raving.?
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by SmallmebigGod: 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2019
plaindealer:

Learn how to read and comprehend, show me where I justified any kind of non salary payment. Poor Reading and comprehension skill is your problem.

It is up to Makinde and Oyo state to respond to the challenge and also to show proof of payment, not you.

Even so far, Makinde is yet to deny or even respond to the challenge so what's your own fuming and raving.?

I thought you are reasonable but with your response you can't make any intelligent comment except insult. Explain what you mean by 'regardless of when payment of made'
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by plaindealer: 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
SmallmebigGod:

I thought you are reasonable but with your response you can't make any intelligent comment except insult. Explain what you mean by 'regardless of when payment of made'

Regardless of when payment was made was self explanatory, it was typed in English language, not German.

I really can not help you with your reading and comprehension issues and challenges.
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by SmallmebigGod: 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2019
plaindealer:

Regardless of when payment was made was self explanatory, it was typed in English language, not German.

I really can not help you with your reading and comprehension issues and challenges.
smiley you see now. That's it. To you, regardless of when the salary was paid its still OK. I don't blame you, the society has messed with your sense of judgement
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by plaindealer: 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2019
[s]
SmallmebigGod:

smiley you see now. That's it. To you, regardless of when the salary was paid its still OK. I don't blame you, the society has messed with your sense of judgement
[/s]

Was payment made? Yes Or No?

Again, reading and comprehension is your problem.

At your old age, you are still struggling with simple English words.
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by SmallmebigGod: 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2019
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

Was payment made? Yes Or No?

Again, reading and comprehension is your problem.

At your old age, you are still struggling with simple English words.
I won't go all out after you at this your display of stupidity. But the question wasn't if payment was made or not . the problem is that someone is boasting of paying July salary in September and some daft citizen sees nothing wrong in that. To them 'regardless of when' it is still ok
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by plaindealer: 8:53pm On Sep 09, 2019
[s]
SmallmebigGod:

I won't go all out after you at this your display of stupidity. But the question wasn't if payment was made or not . the problem is that someone is boasting of paying July salary in September and some daft citizen sees nothing wrong in that. To them 'regardless of when' it is still ok
[/s]

However, Governor Seyi Makinde needs to be properly informed that Osun government does not owe LAUTECH workers’ salary, since it took over the payment in July this year. What is outstanding is the August subvention which is being arranged alongside other statutory expenses of Osun government.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/09/07/lautech-responsible-universitys-backwardness-not-oyetola-fires-back-makinde/.

1. Osun state is not owing 1 kobo in salary payment since taking over in July. Learn how to read and comprehend.

2. What they haven't paid in August is subvention, not salary. Subvention is a grant, support or assistance money which is which is being arranged alongside other statutory expenses of Osun government according to the state.

3. The fact that they they've made all outstanding workers salary payments doesn't mean they haven't paid august, august was just last month.

You are too old to be having reading and comprehension issues.
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by plaindealer: 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2019
When owner states were asked to pay N500m each for take-off after the visitation panel, Osun duly paid its own, but we are yet to have evidence of payment by our boasting counterpart.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/09/07/lautech-responsible-universitys-backwardness-not-oyetola-fires-back-makinde/.

Boasting counterpart neva pay 1 kobo.

Like they say, na empty barrel dey make noise.
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by plaindealer: 9:05pm On Sep 09, 2019
We challenged Governor Seyi Makinde to tell the public what Oyo has contributed to LAUTECH between 2010 and 2019. The governor should be mindful of what he will say on LAUTECH

The lying internet achievement governor don close mouth, the fool no fit respond to challenge.

Useless man..
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by SmallmebigGod: 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2019
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

1. Osun state is not owing 1 kobo in salary payment since taking over in July. Learn how to read and comprehend.

2. What they haven't paid in August is subvention, not salary. Subvention is a grant, support or assistance money which is which is being arranged alongside other statutory expenses of Osun government according to the state.

3. The fact that they they've made all outstanding workers salary payments doesn't mean they haven't paid august, august was just last month.

You are too old to be having reading and comprehension issues.
Aren't your generation supposed to be better than that of lying politicians. Each time you want to cite initial write up, you quote just the part that favours your bias and avoid other part. Go and ask average Lautech staff if Osun has paid August. Even the July was just paid. What do you stand to gain by reasoning like your aged politicians. Comprehension specialist pls read, comprehend and don't cover your face with the veil of bias
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by plaindealer: 9:18pm On Sep 09, 2019
SmallmebigGod:

Aren't your generation supposed to be better than that of lying politicians. Each time you want to cite initial write up, you quote just the part that favours your bias and avoid other part. Go and ask average Lautech staff if Osun has paid August. Even the July was just paid. What do you stand to gain by reasoning like your aged politicians. Comprehension specialist pls read, comprehend and don't cover your face with the veil of bias

We challenged Governor Seyi Makinde to tell the public what Oyo has contributed to LAUTECH between 2010 and 2019. The governor should be mindful of what he will say on LAUTECH

Look at ths joker talking about lying, but he's here defending and supporting a lying governor.

Why is it so hard for you and your lying internet achievement governor to show us what Oyo state paid, when and how much?

Even the useless man don shut up so what's your own blabbing and defending the useless lair.
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by SmallmebigGod: 4:11am On Sep 10, 2019
plaindealer:
[b][/b]

Look at ths joker talking about lying, but he's here defending and supporting a lying governor.

Why is it so hard for you and your lying internet achievement governor to show us what Oyo state paid, when and how much?

Even the useless man don shut up so what's your own blabbing and defending the useless lair.
I have not defended Oyo state or Oyo state governor in all my post so read again and learn how to separate bias from truth. My only concern is the welfare of Poor staffs receiving July salary in September and the shameless government official boasting about 'just paying July salary' . Even if Oyo state made such boast it will still be wrong and shameful.
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by plaindealer: 4:22am On Sep 10, 2019
[s]
SmallmebigGod:

I have not defended Oyo state or Oyo state governor in all my post so read again and learn how to separate bias from truth. My only concern is the welfare of Poor staffs receiving July salary in September and the shameless government official boasting about 'just paying July salary' . Even if Oyo state made such boast it will still be wrong and shameful.
[/s]

Boasting counterpart neva pay 1 kobo.

Like they say, na empty barrel dey make noise.
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by plaindealer: 4:23am On Sep 10, 2019
[s]
SmallmebigGod:

[/s]

The lying internet achievement governor don close mouth, the fool no fit respond to challenge.

Useless man..
Re: Stop Blackmailing Us Over LAUTECH, Osun Govt Replies Makinde by SmallmebigGod: 4:42am On Sep 10, 2019
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

Useless man..

You are getting off the point. I want you to get it sink in to you . No Government is perfect and I hold no brief for anybody. But we shouldn't get to that state that abnormal things become normal to us just because it suits our bias. That a government is owing salary is not acceptable, that whenever they pay they made it look like an achievement is even wrong, worse that they even boast with it. As we hope for or hope to become the right leadership our country desire we must learn to also be the right citizens not the one that sees no wrong in workers getting paid July salary in September

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governors Upset By Excess Crude Account Depletion / 2023 Presidency: Lawan To Pick Nomination Forms, Declare This Week / UK Updates Travel Advisory: Citizens Can Now Travel To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.