Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,855 members, 7,899,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 04:14 AM

Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? (5486 Views)

Fulani Chief Calls For Inter-tribal Marriages Among NYSC Members / Inter-tribal Marriages In Nigeria (the Untold Story) / Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by debanjee(m): 4:12am On Jan 22, 2006
n
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by DarkNight1(m): 9:33am On Jan 22, 2006
its the way fwd. cool
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by hotangel2(f): 9:33am On Jan 22, 2006
I can marry chinese man. As long as i love him (noo i take that back).

But seriously tho, i don't give a fxck where the dude is from. (i do.. sorta, but it's not a major problem).
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by nicetohave(m): 9:57am On Jan 22, 2006
hot-angel:

I can marry chinese man. As long as i love him (noo i take that back).

Thank God you took that back cheesy chinko? shocked cool
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by ocho(f): 3:23am On Jan 23, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy N2H, you're funny cheesy
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by DEKING3(m): 3:09pm On Jan 23, 2006
Lizzy, why did you take it back? I thought you're out for any tribe? grin
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by Omalicha(f): 1:18pm On Jan 24, 2006
i am down with inter-tribal marriages,relationships has nothin to do with tribes it has more to do with our personality.most times tribal differences comes with our culture.personaly i don' c anythin wrong with it,i can decide to get married 4rm any tribe as far as we understand eachother.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by gocity(m): 9:04pm On Jan 30, 2006
I'm not Nigerian i'm a black american

This is my story.  I'm out with 2 of my guys, in a club around State and North, downtown Chicago.  I walk in the club which was caucazoid, basically it a white club right...you understand.  I spot this cold sister standin on the glass.  I don't know she's Nigerian.  I stepped to her and it was on.  I was feeling her.  She was feeling me.  We danced all night long to whatever rock and roll, techno bullsh*t the DJ played.  These dudes on the other side of the club...  They were dancing too but at the same time they were eying me.  I saw them with my Hatar Radar.  I asked her who she came with.  Those same cats plus some more nigerian ladies.  I played it cool Me and the sister sat down and had a drink.  I really started to dig this girl.  After the drink I was walking her outside when one of the haters snatched her arm and pulls her to the bar.  She's trying to get away but he has his arms around her trapping her inbetween his body and the bar.  He talking to her basically like, "oh no you don't".  I stayed cool, I don't know who she is to him and i'm not about to fight all these cats.  I mean there potentially could have been a big misunderstanding(Furniture moving up in that motha).  I'm peace loving and me and the boys wasn't out for that.  He let her go after a minute or five.  I asked her "what was the problem".  She said "he's Nigerian and Nigerian men don't like to see there women going outside there tribe".  I'm like "Hello you'll at the damn caucazoid club".    Whatever it was all love.  After that I called her and she said It wouldn't be a good idea.  Really now, To bad, her loss.  I was offended, so I didn't bother following up.  We all black right?       Thats what I thought.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by ocho(f): 5:01am On Jan 31, 2006
oh my!!! Good thing you stayed calm and didn't get into any fights with them.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by smartsoft(m): 5:56am On Jan 31, 2006
i see notting bad in it
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by bowolabi(f): 6:00pm On Feb 02, 2006
This thing we are talking about can actually be a problem most especially when your in-laws dont really like the idea, what about when you dont understand each others language? Then you both speak your languages with members of your family when they come visiting or what? Another tower of Babel.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by wildcat(f): 6:14pm On Feb 02, 2006
There's nothing wrong with you guys teaching eachother your language
My family for instance is Nigeria rolled in one, we have people form delta,calabar,edo,yoruba,hausa. My sister is married to an Igbo guy, she's calabar, they're learning eachother's language. I'M ALL FOR IT.
I should say I'm the product of an Inter-tribal marriage and I love it

Wait, is Inter-tribal the right word?
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by comely(f): 2:54pm On Feb 13, 2006
It is a matter of love and understanding between you and you partner,it really work
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by sbucareer(f): 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2006

It is hard but it can work. It has worked for Africans and European girls and vice versa. You have to be open-minded person and willing and ready to change and adapt.

Love conquers everything. But love can be dangerous too.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by Maxflame(m): 11:50am On Feb 14, 2006
I think Japanese chicks re really cute. shocked OMG too much manga!
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by alheri(f): 12:09pm On Feb 14, 2006
Well, my husband is OGUN state and am from KD. Its no big deal as far as am concerned. I havent experienced any major problems cos of that yet.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by madam: 7:42am On Feb 17, 2006
@ Hot_Angel chinese ke (Thats too far now) , My Husband is Calabar and me i am Delta, It never crossed my mind that i must marry from my place, My siblings are all married and none is married to someone from my place, we even get Togo inlaws self,
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by Rhodalyn(f): 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2006
sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt
it takes 2 to make a marriage work
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by kike: 3:47pm On Feb 20, 2006
dere is nothin dere if u have relationships but d only thin is dat it not go too far.if u don't have a male or female frnd,just know dat God's time is d best.later.rply me bck. cheesy
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by nubian(m): 12:19am On Mar 25, 2006
gocity:

I'm not Nigerian i'm a black american

This is my story. I'm out with 2 of my guys, in a club around State and North, downtown Chicago. I walk in the club which was caucazoid, basically it a white club right, you understand. I spot this cold sister standin on the glass. I don't know she's Nigerian. I stepped to her and it was on. I was feeling her. She was feeling me. We danced all night long to whatever rock and roll, techno bullsh*t the DJ played. These dudes on the other side of the club, They were dancing too but at the same time they were eying me. I saw them with my Hatar Radar. I asked her who she came with. Those same cats plus some more nigerian ladies. I played it cool Me and the sister sat down and had a drink. I really started to dig this girl. After the drink I was walking her outside when one of the haters snatched her arm and pulls her to the bar. She's trying to get away but he has his arms around her trapping her inbetween his body and the bar. He talking to her basically like, "oh no you don't". I stayed cool, I don't know who she is to him and i'm not about to fight all these cats. I mean there potentially could have been a big misunderstanding(Furniture moving up in that motha). I'm peace loving and me and the boys wasn't out for that. He let her go after a minute or five. I asked her "what was the problem". She said "he's Nigerian and Nigerian men don't like to see there women going outside there tribe". I'm like "Hello you'll at the damn caucazoid club". Whatever it was all love. After that I called her and she said It wouldn't be a good idea. Really now, To bad, her loss. I was offended, so I didn't bother following up. We all black right? Thats what I thought.

@ gocity we are all black, but its a sad thing that we still have to overcome the differences that exist within the black family - tribal differences and cultural differences are problem blacks have to over come (1) Tribal differences and bigotry is a problem for africans(2) the blacks in diaspora( americans, carribeans and south americans) have thier problems too - afro americans sometimes dicriminate against africans,carribeans and afro americans have cultural frictions and animosities - the typical jamaican girl may find her family prefers her marrying a fellow carribean rather than an afro american.

though we are all black, we are a very diverse globally spread race.we just have to work towards overcoming the kind of stiupid behavoir u saw in that club.Africans and thier tribal differences are the sadest example of disunity within a unity.

Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 24, 2006
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by shotta(m): 11:39pm On Jun 24, 2006
i find nothin wrong with it, its the heart that counts not where you are from
if me and my wife understand eachother then its all good
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by superman(m): 11:59am On Jun 25, 2006
well my cousin she is married to a yoruba man! they even went to my village for the traditional procedins. make u no lets then monkeys leaders deceive u ooo! na only carryin ghana must go bag the sabi! abi na apiino or na magraete thatcher u wan marry! just because u from de same tribe! u go wound ooo!
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by DaHitler(m): 1:09pm On Jun 25, 2006
Don't do it. Keep your Yoruba lineage pure. We will need all children of Odudua to fill in for the dead after the war. cool
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by superman(m): 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2006
well Afeni u see as u sabi talk yeye i can also see u look yeye and i can tell! mirror mirro !! mirror on de wall tell me say if i de lie!! and guess wat now ur yanshi don open well well and i de smell 2 much! u ve shown u are truly ibo hater hmmmmm gay lord ur majesty! ur quest will always be operatin among yall gay lord commnuity! abi u think say yoruba are better off or something. na wahooo im feelin something ! a loser! ghana must go oloshi hmmm!

u go dieoooooo !! maybe ur medication is make u join wankin wankers club!
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by yankidelta(m): 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2006
Bigtee I feel u!Am a product of inter-tribal marriage(yoruba and Ishan) and presently d girl I love dearly is an Igbo girl n d feelings r mutual so I guess we might be heading 4 d altar, dont get me wrong inter-tribal marriage comes with unique problems o but me if u guys both love each other and share essential virtues then d pros will be greater dan d cons.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by lioness(f): 2:20pm On Jun 26, 2006
wait until her parents hav a say. U'd be singing a different song
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by superman(m): 2:56pm On Jun 26, 2006
oboy make u no listen to the slowpoke on de soil ooo do your thang no mind them!! like when u enter plane when from ghetoo in america wey u deh u never hear about plane crashe mumuuuuuuus
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by klassyguy(m): 8:56am On Nov 26, 2007
I see nothing wrong in inter-tribal relationships. It helps one understand other tribes and cultures of other people in the country. Infact my present babe is an Igala girl and i'm a yoruba guy.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:53am On Nov 26, 2007
okay, who resurrected this thread again. cheesy

anyway i see nothing wrong in marry inter tribe, i come from an inter tribe marriage, and they are still going strong. cheesy smiley cheesy cheesy.

the person wey talk chinko, abeg no even go there, if na dash dem dash me, i no go accept lipsrsealed
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by Prince22(m): 4:07pm On Feb 08, 2008
Bigtee, honestly if you are blessed, as a Yoruba person, the best lady to marry is an Igbo girl
They quickly understand and play along with you the way life is but it is necessary to have their total mind before rushing to marriage.

Hence, their marriage culture (Traditional) is very difficult if you are not well being
Also they too much sentiment traditionally
Apart from the above they are good to marry as a Yoruba person.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by hotfunmi(f): 11:07pm On Feb 08, 2008
The truth is that our generation don't give a damn about where our spouses come from. My childhood friend married a white guy from Kansas in 2005 and my elder sister in Pennsylvania married one cute ibo brother. I like ibo guys so much but I must confess that they are not as open minded as yoruba guys when it comes to inter ethnic marriage, they always like to stick to their own. Generally, most of our parents were against inter tribal or ethnic or state marriage but thank God that this generation knows better. Gone are the days my dad will tell me never to bring home an ijebu man because he'll be lucky if i marry a yoruba man sef. My prayers is to marry a Naija man tho, precisely yoruba or ibo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Come Out Of A Blood Engagement With My Ex-girfriend? / Wot Kinda Insult Is This? / Please Ladies Which Would You Prefer??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.