Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,948 members, 7,919,064 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 08:35 PM

Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police (5426 Views)

Metuh Scuttled Jonathan’s Reelection For Losing Post To Fani-kayode — PDP Worker / 9ice Appointed Special Adviser To Oyo State Governor / Ifeanyi Ubah Donates N5M To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Nobody: 4:17am On Oct 30, 2010
[size=18pt]Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police [/size]

TO checkmate the rising crime wave in his community, a blind pastor, Moses Kasali yesterday donated a N5 million modern police post to the Nigeria Police Force to serve six communities in Akinyele Local Council area of Oyo State.
Kasali, who conducted reporters round the newly constructed police post at Oyedeji area of Ibadan, said the gesture was aimed at supporting the government in the area of security and fighting crime.
He stated that the task of nation building should not be left for the government alone to handle and implored other well meaning Nigerians to take up the challenge of partnering with the government.
The cleric stated that the era of waiting on government to provide basic amenities and infrastructure for the citizenry was over, saying Nigerians must think of how to support government in their own little way.
This, he noted is the only way to take the nation to greater heights.
Kasali expressed hope that the presence of policemen in the community would put an end to the rising crime wave in the area. He said he was spurred to take up the challenge of building the police post when various entreaties by the community heads to the police authorities failed to yield the desired results.

He said: “My community came to me a few years ago to complain about the rising activities of criminals in the area. Many park their motorcycles popularly called okada at night and the following morning, the motorcycles nowhere to be found. When we requested for a police post, the police authorities said it would take them about one year to complete, so I took up the challenge and commenced the project. Today, the rest is history.”
While emphasizing the role of the police in crime prevention, the cleric said prayer remained one of the greatest weapons to fight the scourge.

Kasali disclosed that the police post, which has all necessary facilities to make it compete favourably with others across the globe, would be formally handed over to the Commissioner of Police, Baba Adisa Bolanta with a patrol van on Thursday, November 4.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27496:blind-pastor-donates-n5m-post-to-oyo-police-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Nobody: 4:19am On Oct 30, 2010
For every 10 evil men is 1 good man.
Thank you pastor and may God continue to guide you in all you do.
When you begin to think these kind of people are extinct, they come out of nowhere and shame my thoughts.
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by egift(m): 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2010
Pastor may God bless you. Good news indeed.
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by xtremetee: 1:25pm On Oct 30, 2010
May God bless you Pastor.
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by bomzy19: 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2010
imagine the pastor is blind but can still feel our pain. God bless you pastor.
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 30, 2010
thank u pastor,where re d multinational churches in naija whose monthly turn over rakes to hundred of millions,they re busy buyin private jets
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 30, 2010
thank u pastor,where re d multinational churches in naija whose monthly turn over rakes to hundred of millions,they re busy buyin private jets
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by obisky(m): 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

[size=18pt]Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police [/size]

TO checkmate the rising crime wave in his community, a blind pastor, Moses Kasali yesterday donated a N5 million modern police post to the Nigeria Police Force to serve six communities in Akinyele Local Council area of Oyo State.
Kasali, who conducted reporters round the newly constructed police post at Oyedeji area of Ibadan, said the gesture was aimed at supporting the government in the area of security and fighting crime.
He stated that the task of nation building should not be left for the government alone to handle and implored other well meaning Nigerians to take up the challenge of partnering with the government.
The cleric stated that the era of waiting on government to provide basic amenities and infrastructure for the citizenry was over, saying Nigerians must think of how to support government in their own little way.
This, he noted is the only way to take the nation to greater heights.
Kasali expressed hope that the presence of policemen in the community would put an end to the rising crime wave in the area. He said he was spurred to take up the challenge of building the police post when various entreaties by the community heads to the police authorities failed to yield the desired results.

He said: “My community came to me a few years ago to complain about the rising activities of criminals in the area. Many park their motorcycles popularly called okada at night and the following morning, the motorcycles nowhere to be found. When we requested for a police post, the police authorities said it would take them about one year to complete, so I took up the challenge and commenced the project. Today, the rest is history.”
While emphasizing the role of the police in crime prevention, the cleric said prayer remained one of the greatest weapons to fight the scourge.

Kasali disclosed that the police post, which has all necessary facilities to make it compete favourably with others across the globe, would be formally handed over to the Commissioner of Police, Baba Adisa Bolanta with a patrol van on Thursday, November 4.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27496:blind-pastor-donates-n5m-post-to-oyo-police-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Woli kasali,thank you for this wonderful project. thy lord will strenghten you more and more.amen
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Tudor6(f): 2:40pm On Oct 30, 2010
ogbeche77:

You are right. The foolish thieves like pastor Adeboye, oyedepo and Oyakhilome drive around with personal police convoys blaring sirens that clear traffic for their basterd souls.
Other than that everyone else can go to hell.

Why should they care about donating a police post when they have their own private and personal mobile police post? They'll rather invest the stolen millions in faking miracles, buying luxurious jets, cars, houses and bling bling meanwhile members dey suffer.

@post.
Kudos to this blind dude. At least a pastor who is actually doing something for the community rather than colluding with politicians and Bank chiefs cu.m pastors to loot the public.* yes, I'm looking at you daddy G.Oat Adeboye*
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2010
Tudór:

You are right. The foolish thieves like pastor Adeboye, oyedepo and Oyakhilome drive around with personal police convoys blaring sirens that clear traffic for their basterd souls.

Why should they care about donating a police post when they have their own private and personal mobile police post? They'll rather invest the stolen millions in faking miracles, buying luxurious jets, cars, houses and bling bling meanwhile members dey suffer.

@post.
Kudos to this blind dude. At least a pastor who is actually doing something for the community rather than[b] colluding with politicians and Bank chiefs come pastors to loot the public.* yes, I'm looking at you daddy G.Oat Adeboye*[/b]
Haba. . .you too vex !
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by obisky(m): 2:47pm On Oct 30, 2010
Quote from: Tudór on Today at 02:40:28 PM

@post.
Kudos to this blind dude. At least a pastor who is actually doing something for the community rather than colluding with politicians and Bank chiefs come pastors to loot the public.* yes, I'm looking at you daddy G.Oat Adeboye*

May God almighty have mercy on you,
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2010
obisky:

@post.
Kudos to this blind dude. At least a pastor who is actually doing something for the community rather than colluding with politicians and Bank chiefs come pastors to loot the public.* yes, I'm looking at you daddy G.Oat Adeboye*

Truth hurts bros !
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by niyyie(m): 3:14pm On Oct 30, 2010
Wonderful. God bless his soul.
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by MEGABHROS1: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2010
God bless Pastor Kasali. Once saw him on AIT early this year.
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Youngichou(m): 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2010
Where did he get the money from
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 30, 2010
cry i'm happy some nigerians are not selfish i'm also thinking of what i'm going to contribute for the development of my community.  what about you? cool
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2010
Youngichou:

Where did he get the money from
Another wicked question ?
what I know is that he spent part of his wealth for his community !
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by kulutempa: 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2010
Nairalanders, let's draw inspiration from this guy and do our own little bit for our country. We can donate as little as 3000 naira, $20 dollars or £15 every month to good causes in Nigeria, like orphanages, schools for the blind, maternity wards etc. In order to ensure that the money is not diverted into the wrong pockets, we can appoint one among ourselves to oversee the disbursements. If we can do this, we would have shown that we care about our country and that we are prepared to make sacrifices for it instead of hurling empty insults over the internet. Let's start Nairaland Charitable Foundation today, right now. Seun where are you?
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 30, 2010
kulutempa:

Nairalanders, let's draw inspiration from this guy and do our own little bit for our country. We can donate as little as 3000 naira, $20 dollars or £15 every month to good causes in Nigeria, like orphanages, schools for the blind, maternity wards etc. In order to ensure that the money is not diverted into the wrong pockets, we can appoint one among ourselves to oversee the disbursements. If we can do this, we would have shown that we care about our country and that we are prepared to make sacrifices for it instead of hurling empty insults over the internet. Let's start Nairaland Charitable Foundation today, right now. Seun where are you?
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by jidesamuel(m): 5:38pm On Oct 30, 2010
Tudór on Today at 02:40:28 PM

u wey dey accused men of God,wat have u done in your miserable life to help your community,how much have u given to charity homes and the less privilege,if u dont have any reason to say things that is sensible,u'd better keep off from NL,u no even fear say make thunder no strike u as u made such comment to men of God,who are u to judge  cool? hiss
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by chic2pimp(m): 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2010
^^^^^^ The truths hurts so bad wouldn't you say?

obisky:

. . . . And may he also have mercy on those thieving pastors.
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2010
O boy. . .you better go siddon before NL atheists pounce on you !
jidesamuel:

Tudór on Today at 02:40:28 PM

u wey dey accused men of God,wat have u done in your miserable life to help your community,how much have u given to charity homes and the less privilege,if u dont have any reason to say things that is sensible,u'd better keep off from NL,u no even fear say make thunder no strike u as u made such comment to men of God,who are u to judge  cool? hiss
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Ecash1: 7:12pm On Oct 30, 2010
This is a task our clergies and religious leaders should embraced "corporate responsibilities".
If Mosques,Shrines and churches will take up the task of massively supporting our government instead of massively criticism them,Nigeria will be better for it.

Thank you pastor.
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 30, 2010
Lets all do our bit, Policemen work at night, a pack of coffee, a bag of liptoon less than N2000, a pack of liquid milk N3000 will go a long way to motivate the policemen garuding you while you sleep. A raincoat costs N800, yet you see policemen directing traffic without raincoat in your area, while we impatiently hunk our horns in our ACed cars. Do your bit, pastor has done his
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2010
Nigerians are helping already ! That #20 roger sef na something.
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by sessy2(f): 8:58pm On Oct 30, 2010
Oyedepo copy pls. Gowon estate is been terrrorised.
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2010
aisha2:

Lets all do our bit, Policemen work at night, a pack of coffee, a bag of liptoon less than N2000, a pack of liquid milk N3000 will go a long way to motivate the policemen garuding you while you sleep. A raincoat costs N800, yet you see policemen directing traffic without raincoat in your area, while we impatiently hunk our horns in our ACed cars. Do your bit, pastor has done his

Aisha, you're too much and too kindhearted. To even see the good in those vicious policemen takes a lot of heart.
There's more ppl like you, and we need to find them.
It's true, if civilians can show those policemen some compassion, like offering them raincoats while it rains or a cup of coffee at night, they'd be less grouchy and more nicer while working.
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by bros1234(m): 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2010
Oyedepo as well as others do their own bit of good. just that they do not make noise. for example. i know that almost evry year the ministry - winners- provides over 100M for small scale business assistance to the members

U will never be a good judge fro the outside.

Looking for free stuff, iphones,etc? Check this out on facebook

http:///deDSIb
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 30, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Aisha, you're too much and too kindhearted. To even see the good in those vicious policemen takes a lot of heart.
There's more ppl like you, and we need to find them.
It's true, if civilians can show those policemen some compassion, like offering them raincoats while it rains or a cup of coffee at night, they'd be less grouchy and more nicer while working.
Yes Ikedi Idi, the Police men are a product of our society. Like every institution and profession they have been left to rot. If you sit a day with them and see what they have to go through and how they work in spite of the so many cahllenges you will weep. Problem is a lot of us only ahve encounter with police when we re in trouble or when someone is in trouble, we do not meet them on a neutral c alm and friendly ground. Due to the Nature of my job i ge to spend a lot of time with them, plus where i live the traffic junctions before my house they do amazing work under the sun and in the rain. They resume at 6m and close at 10 or 11 depending on hold up and they live 1 or 2 hours off the city center so imagine what tome they get home and what time they resume.
The police Statation near me, i walked in the first day to present raincaots and the DPO a fully grown man was in tears. I make it a point to take tea, coffee, sugar and milk every month. If not because of the sensitivity of their job, i will cook and take to the ones guarding my area at night, they sleep in their cars all night to ensure our safety and when i come out to jog early they are on patrol making sure we are safe. My mother taught me to always look at aand empahise the good in people it will motivate them to change their bad ways. Once in a while i come accross the bad eggs who want to misbehave and report them, thier names and nummber and they get redeployed. A society will produce the kind of instituions it deserves. when policemen go on missions, they are the best but when they come back home the environment and our lawless attitude makes them go insane. Imagine a situation where motorists see beating traffic as normall or will form 6 lanes in a 2 lane road
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 31, 2010
aisha2:

Yes Ikedi Idi, the Police men are a product of our society. Like every institution and profession they have been left to rot. If you sit a day with them and see what they have to go through and how they work in spite of the so many challenges you will weep. Problem is a lot of us only have encounter with police when we re in trouble or when someone is in trouble, we do not meet them on a neutral calm and friendly ground. Due to the Nature of my job i get to spend a lot of time with them, plus where i live the traffic junctions before my house they do amazing work under the sun and in the rain. They resume at 6m and close at 10 or 11 depending on hold up and they live 1 or 2 hours off the city center so imagine what tome they get home and what time they resume.

The police Station near me, i walked in the first day to present raincoats and the DPO a fully grown man was in tears. I make it a point to take tea, coffee, sugar and milk every month. If not because of the sensitivity of their job, i will cook and take to the ones guarding my area at night, they sleep in their cars all night to ensure our safety and when i come out to jog early they are on patrol making sure we are safe. My mother taught me to always look at and emphasize the good in people it will motivate them to change their bad ways. Once in a while i come across the bad eggs who want to misbehave and report them, their names and Numbers and they get redeployed. A society will produce the kind of institutions it deserves. when policemen go on missions, they are the best but when they come back home the environment and our lawless attitude makes them go insane. Imagine a situation where motorists see beating traffic as normal or will form 6 lanes in a 2 lane road

Wow!!!! I have to say that this is the FIRST TIME on nairaland someone has actually given me another side of the story on Nigerian policemen. Usually I hear how corrupt and bad they are. I've never had this opportunity to know the other side of that, now that I have, a BIG peace settled on my mind Ahh, aisha may God bless you for your kindness and kindheartedness.

Are you the only one that helps them like this or is there a lot of you in an organization that gives donations to them?

Don't stop doing what you do.
Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Ayatullah(m): 1:33am On Oct 31, 2010
@ILEKE-IDI, I am dissapointed you swallow this story hook-line and sinker! That means this blind pastor can recognise and pronounce the colour(s) of the 'ilekes' around your waist. Tell me, how can a blind man take people round a building? I believe this is the same man who said he used to go and fetch firewood in the bush even though blind (he said it on Raypower 'minijojo').

What did a blind man know about state of the art facilities? Finally why can't this pator heal himself of his blindness or let us invite Pastor Adeboye or Oyakhilome or TB Joshua to open his eyes.

Nigerians when will you see?

Re: Blind Pastor Donates N5m Post To Oyo Police by Nobody: 1:37am On Oct 31, 2010
Ayatullah:

@ILEKE-IDI, I am dissapointed you swallow this story hook-line and sinker! That means this blind pastor can recognise and pronounce the colour(s) of the 'ilekes' around your waist. Tell me, how can a blind man take people round a building? I believe this is the same man who said he used to go and fetch firewood in the bush even though blind (he said it on Raypower 'minijojo').

What did a blind man know about state of the art facilities? Finally why can't this pator heal himself of his blindness or let us invite Pastor Adeboye or Oyakhilome or TB Joshua to open his eyes.

Nigerians when will you see?

So because he has not healed his blindsight makes him a fraud?

Tell me what sense that makes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Reasons I Will Not Vote For Buhari / Boko Haram: Shocking E-mail Allegedly Sent Byshekau To ICC [must Read] / Asari Dokubo Says Yoruba, Hausa United Against Biafra, Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.